TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default Eleanor Friedberger

(from the band, The Fiery Furnaces)

If you don't already know this band, then you should!

My impression is that she is an ENFj; I tend to think she is too elongated for a INFp which sounds silly .

Their music is rather moody and depressing, but she doesn't write most of the lyrics, she just sings them, and wouldn't it be a bit unethical to say 'they must be Beta because their music is rather moody and depressing' etc.?

Well, anyway, she dates the lead singer of Franz Ferdinand, Alex Kapronos, who I think is a ENFp, with the possibility of him being an ESFj. It's quite interesting because both bands have the same initials, the both similar ways of story-telling in their songs, but they have very distinct moods. Franz Ferdinand sound a lot more upbeat than the Fiery Furnaces, but it's not like their songs are that much more cheerful in content.

I think the Fiery Furnaces tend to have a narration style like old mythological stories like The Illiad etc., while Franz Ferdinand seem to sing about more convential day-to-day things.

I'm sorry if I've bored anyone (e.g. niffweed ) - though I'm interested to see what people think type-wise, and possibly music-wise.
    Last edited by Not A Communist Shill; 03-19-2008 at 05:38 PM.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How have I not heard of The Firey Furnaces??? I just listened to clips on itunes and they're FABULOUS!! So tell me which album to buy first! Which is the best?
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    How have I not heard of The Firey Furnaces??? I just listened to clips on itunes and they're FABULOUS!! So tell me which album to buy first! Which is the best?
    I only have three of their five albums, and I think they are all good. But I would say Bitter Tea is my fave all round. Rehearsing My Choir is supposed to be the one to avoid, and I haven't listened to their most recent one yet , otherwise Blueberry Boat and Gallowsbird's Park are good. (P.S. ignore my sig).

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK well just listening to clips on itunes from those three, the Gallowsbird's Park one caught my fancy the most, so that's the one downloading off itunes now. I'll put the rest on my figurative list.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    OK well just listening to clips on itunes from those three, the Gallowsbird's Park one caught my fancy the most, so that's the one downloading off itunes now. I'll put the rest on my figurative list.
    All right, I won't be offended .