Thread: Friends (of the Logos-tolerating variety)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Friends (of the Logos-tolerating variety)

I am curious as to what type you would initially suspect of these people. Out of respect for privacy, these pictures will most likely be deleted in either a week or two depending upon how many responses this thread receives. I am neither expecting any certain answers nor wanting to be told that they are certain types to somehow validate my friendships. And these pictures have not been selected to reflect any leanings or predispositions regarding their type but just come from a sort of sample from different events. (And I am not interested in talking about their personal philosophies or their value as human beings. )

Person A

A & B

C

D

E & D

B
    Last edited by Logos; 02-25-2008 at 12:55 AM.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Continued

E & C

B & D

C & E

E & D

C & D

B & A & D

E

B & Q

Mister E
    Last edited by Logos; 02-25-2008 at 12:55 AM.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I'd enjoy hanging out with all these people.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah they look pretty nice as a group
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, my thoughts...
    A: ESFj. looks quite sensing.
    B: definitely IJ, and looks INTj on 2 pics. Looks VERY similar to my reference-INTj girl.
    C: ISTp on first glance, but overall looks ENFp. I'm gonna go with ENFp because he looks like one ENFp. (who seems to use too much Fi to be ISTp.)
    D: ESTp/ENTp. 50-50. But compared to the alpas on the pictures here, he sure does have a lot of Se. So I'm gonna say ESTp.
    E: alpha NT. Body language is more INTj, but if he's ENTp, then he's Ti sub.
    Q: ESFj. very ESFj. The eyes and the expression are a copy of my party-ESFj reference person.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A: SEI
    B: My first thought is EII, but I could see LII too.
    C: SEI
    D: ILE
    E: LII
    Q: Perhaps ESE

I'd be most interested in B's type. From her pictures I get EII>LII, but as everyone else seemed (individually) Alpha to me, I kept wondering whether she was LII instead. If EII, I'd expect her to be slightly out of tune with the group at times, perhaps seen as the slightly "different" person.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A: she reminds me of a chipmunk. ESxj-s.
    B. I have the weakest impression of her out of everyone; xSxj or ENTj?
    C. I thought ESTp on first glance, but I tend to mistype male ISFps so I'll go with that.
    D. Thought ExTp from the get go.. then xNTp, then IxTp, the huge joking smile makes me settle on ENTp.
    E. You know, I used to think ENTp Ti but then I thought INTj or ISTp because of the button nose but the body language is indeed Se polr. INTj.
    Q. looks hot. Let's say she's my dual.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

grain of salt, didn't look at others answers first:

A: ISFp-Fe or ESFj
    B: ISFp-Si, or a Delta introvert maybe, she looks very relaxed and a bit subdued, which is why I thought an Si subtype... but she also looks a bit rigid in some pics, maybe thats why people are saying IJ
    C: First thought ISFp, but then bearded pics look ENTp
    D: ENTp
    E: INTj
    Q: hard to tell from just that pic... lots of Fe? IxFP-Fe

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They seem like good people.

A: Fe-ISFp
    B: Ne-INFj
    C: Si-ISFp
    D: Ti-ENTp
    E: Ne-INTj
    Q: Fe-ESFj

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A: ISTP

The others do not remind me of anyone I know.
    "Arnie is strong, rightfully angry and wants to kill somebody."
    martin_g_karlsson

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

C seems SEI and D seems ILE, I agree - the others not so sure about.

Also, E resembles hkkmr in some poses, most notably the fourth pic in the second post.

And is that a Soviet Russia joke on the window in the last picture in the first post?
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    I thought it just said, "Please wash the dishes. Thank you"
    Ah that makes more sense with the limited space of the sign... silly me and the "In America you wash the dishes. In Soviet Russia, the dishes wash you!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From first impression:
    A: ESE
    B: EII
    C: SEI
    D: ILE
    E: LII
    Q: ESE

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by Suomea; 10-15-2008 at 11:56 PM.
    Suomea

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They look like nice and non-threatening people for the most part. I think I'd like them well enough.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is what I came up with:

A: ESTj, maybe some other Si type
    D: ENTp
    C: ISFp or INFp
    B: INTj (pretty sure about this)

I forgot how similar we look. You, B, and I all have a kind of tired look around the eyes (see pictures 8 & 13).

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for all the input so far. It has been interesting and informative.

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    I'd be most interested in B's type. From her pictures I get EII>LII, but as everyone else seemed (individually) Alpha to me, I kept wondering whether she was LII instead. If EII, I'd expect her to be slightly out of tune with the group at times, perhaps seen as the slightly "different" person.
    She is especially good friends with A (her roommate) & D (her "little brother"). In a recent class she had to take the MBTI and she actually got ISFJ (for what it's worth), but even before that I thought it was evident that she is some variety of IJ. I am a bit surprised on the agreement on C though. While he is something of a clown and all-around nice guy - it almost seems that he has a tendency to think his thoughts aloud to humorous effect - he is also the most studious and with the most open enthusiasm for school and learning. But here are some more pictures I found.
    Last edited by Logos; 02-25-2008 at 12:56 AM.
    Johari Box

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have meditated and ruminated and speculated about these people all the live-long day (will that paper ever get written, geez) and here is what I came up with.

A: Strikes me as an SF. Alpha over beta. A positive kind of person from the pics. Friendly, probably laughs a lot and enjoys easy-going sorts of environs. Ip > Ej to me. Basically I'm going ISFp > ESFj, though she comes off differently than some of the other ISFps here. Maybe that's just a contrast between subtypes (a focus more on the Si than the Fe, or whatnot).

B: A feeler of some sort, I think. Not an ESFj. Slightly subdued yet subtly engaging. Good taste in fashion (not socionically related, it's just that the red dress suits her). I agree with being Ij. I'm wary to expand on whether she's ISFj or INFj, but she seems to blend in to the group fairly well (which given that the majority of the rest strike me as more alpha, it's probably unlikely that she's from an opposing quadra). She also doesn't seem like she'd be an Se strong or creative type. Not one to force things on others, I'd imagine. Laissez faire type personality, likely with some very interesting things to say.

C: My first immediate impulse was ENTp. Hard to materialize much in the way of 'symptoms', but I have to take a leaf from hellothere and assert that I gave him intuitive on the basis of his beard. My fellow philosophy students are a pretty skewed intuitive lot and I've noticed that the per capita facial hair seems to be higher. Silly, I know, but there it is! Still, there is a sort of more Fe feel where he's seen. I don't know the context of the pics (maybe his Fe is being more stimulated than some natural element of his persona). Never underestimate the effect the kind of person behind the camera may have on the picture itself!

D: Hey, he screamed, I'm like totally Fe! Seems like he'd be a blast to hang around and probably drives the action on. I'm guessing ESFj. Fun guy, I'm sure.

E: I'm going to have to concur with previous estimates that he's an alpha NT and I think INTj is pretty likely. I feel it in my gut, so it must be right...

Q: a lot of what I thought about D applies here. In fact, on the superficial basis that I have to go on they strike me as identicals. She reminds me a lot of one of my cousins.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    So how about the rest of the types?
    I'd say that it's fairly spot on. And the other two may very well be of those types, but I was not necessarily expecting those types. The only thing is that I actually suspected that Q was an SEE since she has more of an -aura then most ESE and she is dating someone who I think is most likely an ILI.

Quote Originally Posted by Carla View Post
    Mister E's an INTj.
    I forgot how similar we look. You, B, and I all have a kind of tired look around the eyes (see pictures 8 & 13).
    So yeah for those who do not already know, I'm Mister E. Oddly enough, I thought the picture of my backside (and alluding to the INTj VI thread) would have given it away.
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

B's vibes and aura reminds me of myself. And Delta>Alpha. I am most sure about her type. Besides E, of course.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    I'd say that it's fairly spot on.
    What is spot on? The guesses weren't completely unanimous.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is spot on? The guesses weren't completely unanimous.
    More so than most What's My Type threads and the variation is not as extreme as others either.
    Johari Box

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whaaa? I was asking for your own opinion on their types.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whaaa? I was asking for your own opinion on their types.
    A. ESE (>SEI)
    B. IJ (jury is still out for further inquiry)
    C. My initial suspicion was actually EII, but I am reevaluating in light of the numerous SEI suggestions
    D. ILE (>IEE)
    E. LII
    Q. SEE
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oddly enough, I thought the picture of my backside (and alluding to the INTj VI thread) would have given it away.
    I had my suspicions (did i spell that right...?)... sometimes I think if only I wasn't so cautious, I would come off as a genius!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A : SEE
    B : EII
    C : ESE
    D : LII
    E : EIE
    Q : lacking information

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

C. My initial suspicion was actually EII, but I am reevaluating in light of the numerous SEI suggestions
    FWIW, he gave me a Bionicgoat impression, likes being silly, but has a streak of seriousness.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

C might be LSI-Se. This is a look I've been trying to definitively type for a while, as I don't encounter too many examples. But Ti, Se seem evident ...

A is SEI or else ESE.

B is LSI (-Ti, I guess).

... D & E are types I get along well with, but D's disappoint and E's do not. Have a hard time calling both LII. D would've been a "clear cut INTj" to me years ago when I started doing this stuff. But sometimes, I've seen good evidence for this look to actually suggest LSE or SLI. So for now, more pix would be needed on that one, or perhaps video for me to make a final assessment. The E has energy just like some I've known well, but manifests very strong Fe talents, believe it or not. So, to be honest, I'm torn between SEI and LII for him, or even SEI and ILI - there may be some weird superego development going on, or something, in this type of case.

Q is ESE or SLE ... yikes. Would need more pix to confirm.
    Last edited by astralsilky; 02-17-2008 at 04:58 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSI is always possible for B. And if she did score as an ISFJ in MBTI, her being an LSI is definitely possible, and she would still be part of the Merry dichotomy that would allow her to better fit in with a possible Alpha crowd.
    Johari Box