Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shakira

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Shakira

I'm not really interested in her, except that she seems to be LII. That seems very unexpected, but I agree with it.

I read here http://photo.psychotype.ru/601/ and then agreed with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth Wagele
    Shakira - couldn't find out much about her, but am guessing Enneagram 8 and Extravert for these reasons: kicked out of school choir because voice was too loud, characterized as strong willed, expressed anger over love gone wrong, learned English to maintain control over her own singing material, and started a charity to protect children in Columbia.
    That proves that sometimes, doing "outgoing" things may make others mistype you. I have myself a loud voice, I'm quick to anger, friendly, and easily kicked out from places. That doesn't make me an Eight, even if I'm a Myersian Extrovert. Besides, I think Shakira is a Five, because as natural she looks tough and dreamy, like most LII's.

My philosophy professor pretty much looks like her.
    Last edited by silke; 06-23-2014 at 08:32 AM. Reason: updated videos

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

strong Se, but values Si. I'd say ESE. And I don't care what E# she is. whatever theory makes you think she's LII is a stupid theory that should not be associated with socionics.

...she also has the same sort of body language as mariah carey, who was also ESFj if I remember correctly.

And I would not characterize LIIs as "Too loud and strong-willed". That's just retarted. OMG how retarted that is. That just rocked my world right now. ZOOOOMMMMGGG! Next we start hearing that IEIs are cold corporate sharks and that SLEs always get bullied because they appear so weak and tender.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by machintruc View Post

My philosophy professor pretty much looks like her.
    I bet you never miss classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina View Post
    strong Se, but values Si. I'd say ESE. And I don't care what E# she is. whatever theory makes you think she's LII is a stupid theory that should not be associated with socionics.

...she also has the same sort of body language as mariah carey, who was also ESFj if I remember correctly.
    Yes. Most likely a Fe subtype. I like her.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And I would not characterize LIIs as "Too loud and strong-willed". That's just retarted. OMG how retarted that is. That just rocked my world right now. ZOOOOMMMMGGG! Next we start hearing that IEIs are cold corporate sharks and that SLEs always get bullied because they appear so weak and tender.
    nice one, krii.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

uhm
    HAHAHAHAHA.
    I don't really know why but your post was hilarious.
    I started laughing out loud.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

+ i just don't know about these guys. they type renee zellweger as ILI.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Creepy-Cyclops

I don't think an LII would be comfortable with the way expresses herself. Definitely N about her, but from what I've seen of her in interviews and the way she composes her thoughts in the occasional song i've heard (she usually writes or at least co-writes her own songs yeah?) I would say IEI is more likely.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    I don't think an LII would be comfortable with the way expresses herself. Definitely N about her, but from what I've seen of her in interviews and the way she composes her thoughts in the occasional song i've heard (she usually writes or at least co-writes her own songs yeah?) I would say IEI is more likely.
    neither do i. she seems extremely expressive, but i thought possibly more S than N because she seems physical as well.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    + i just don't know about these guys. they type renee zellweger as ILI.
    They are socionics outcasts and their typing is horrible. I would disregard them completely.
    It is easier for the eye of a camel to pass through a rich man than for a needle to enter the kingdom of heaven.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mariah "find the strength to carry on" Carey? I thought she was SEE.
    It is easier for the eye of a camel to pass through a rich man than for a needle to enter the kingdom of heaven.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Mariah Carey is always playing with her skin in her videos, she's touching the surface of the water or enjoying silk against her skin, she's enjoying the vibrations of her voice. Steps barefeet on marble floor slowly to feel every nuance of the sensation. etc. I still think Si-ego.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd guess SEI for Mariah Carey.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say she's an ESE, she's hot, loves to dance, and can move her hips very very well... Just like my ESE roommate who has these and a few other features in common that I can see. so yeah, ESE based on Cracka-typing.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    lol
    EII; E6(w5)

i am flakey

Total sweetheart PussyInASarcophagus's Avatar
    TIM
    SLE 8w9
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dumbfuck ESE

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Istj
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

Creepy-Cyclops

She's ok looking.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am sure she is INFp.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sirena View Post
    I am sure she is INFp.
    I wouldn't dispute the visual similarities, but she's ugly and probably sensory. And extroverted.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    Mumpsimus
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    I wouldn't dispute the visual similarities, but she's ugly and probably sensory. And extroverted.
    No way. I've followed her career from the beginning (not really anymore though) and I don't think most people that just started to learn about her when she crossed over into English, get who she really is. Most people picture her as the one in all the sexy pics and videos shaking her hips, which in all honestly is how she has portrayed herself in this market. Also, her song writing in English has suffered, imo. If you listen to her Spanish songs, especially older ones, you'd probably know what I mean. Having that as my idea of who Shakira is, I find it hard to believe that other people wouldn't see INFp as well.

Here is an excerpt from a biography written by Katherine Khron:
    Shakira sees herself as passionate. "Passion is important, obviously. Colombians are very exaggerated, and I'm exaggerated, too," she says. "I think it's a part of my romantic personality." She is also passionate about her humanitarian causes to help people. She cares about the world......"It may sound old-fashioned, but I desperately want world peace."

Now, before anyone says anything ...I realize that all types of people/celebrities are involved in charities and all that. Being charitable has nothing to do with type. The reason I think it is relevant here is because this is her focus, her worldview, clearly illustrated by the song that made her popular a LONG time ago: "Pies Descalzos". During more intimate interviews (see below), you can see her drifting off into her own little world and this is the sort of stuff she dreamily talks about. You can easily see Ip temperament also.

especially towards the end

especially starting around 2:20

And she is NOT ugly!

P.S. I think the guy interviewing her (Alejandro Sanz, famous singer/songwriter/director) might be ESTp. I like how she keeps drawing him in and he keeps drawing her out.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bump

ESE?

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

classic SEE-Se so/sx probably e7

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amber View Post
    classic SEE-Se so/sx probably e7
    That would be my typing as well.

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE 7w6 so/sx

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESE

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Probably ESE going on a hunch IMO.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My suggestion would be LIE

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thinking about the rise of Gamma divas (Beyonce, Gaga, Katy, Rihanna, Britney), I think she should be among them. She even has a similar intonation as RiRi here:

I'm also getting a lot of

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

SEE

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Si-ego, probably Si-lead

I feel like Se-doms hit the world around them when they dance, like they're trying to dominate their environment (or other people, they're waaay more likely to pull other people into it). there's less refinement, it's about impact, energy flying outwards, it's almost territorial in that sense

melanie is a fantastic example of Se, cody not so much, his movements are actually more in sync when he's dancing alongside her

even will smith (who I think most people type SEE)
    he's a little more refined but his energy's still got that "boom" effect and he's pulling other dancers into it

Shakira doesn't do that at all

Si-doms are more fluid, self-contained, serpent-like, they're not dominating their environment, they're maneuvering their body within the environment

even when it's got that "boom" effect it's still self-contained, it doesn't intrude on others physical space, and it rarely pulls others into it, and in my opinion, belly-dancing is one of the most Si styles of dance out there, even when it's geared toward other people it still maneuvers around them

what makes her dancing so mesmerizing to me is that it feels like she's dancing for herself, it's free-flowing, like she's submerged into herself

I know this is gonna sound stupid to some people but I feel like the distinction is so obvious but I recognize that could just be me. I used to watch dancing videos all the time and there were just certain styles that felt like they were punching me in the face, but then smoother styles that I found pleasing

dancing against the music (Se) vs dancing with the music (Si)

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Default SEE-Fi

SEE-Fi often can seem like Fe leads because of their strong Fe. The strongest IE of SEE-Fi is technically Fe, so that's why.

She's mostly adopted the "nice Christian girl" stereotype (from her youth), and seems to never had to go crazy about it, which also makes her seem more ESE than she really is.

I get the impression she could be a 3w2 with a strong 2 wing.

This music video shows her Aggressor side.

Most of her MVs have subtle Aggressor components, but they are not overly strong (apart from She Wolf). They are certainly not Caretaker, however.
    This is not unusual for feminine, culturally adapted and children-loving Gamma SF women with a Fi subtype.
    They can seem submissive and their Aggressor-ness comes out in specific doses. She's learned to channel her Aggressor side into her belly dancing and so forth.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE. Static processing, not dynamic.

I'd love to hear more about her intellectual side.

EDIT: I think people confuse her with ESE because she has 4D .

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kakarot View Post
    SEE. Static processing, not dynamic.

I'd love to hear more about her intellectual side.

EDIT: I think people confuse her with ESE because she has 4D .
    Well there has to be some other factor as well, otherwise most SEE's would be confused as ESE's all the time and that is not the case.

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    Well there has to be some other factor as well, otherwise most SEE's would be confused as ESE's all the time and that is not the case.
    I wouldn't be surprised if there is a higher likelihood for SEEs to be confused as ESEs compared to other types they could be confused as. SEE and ESE both have ego sensing functions and ego feeling functions. ESE has 4D and SEE has 4D . So, if you type people by getting a read on distinct patterns that different types follow, you have 2 significant variables that can skew your results.

But you are right. There are other factors like socialization, culture, and upbringing. In Shakira's case, IQ and EQ probably play a role as well.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Keranos View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if there is a higher likelihood for SEEs to be confused as ESEs compared to other types they could be confused as. SEE and ESE both have ego sensing functions and ego feeling functions. ESE has 4D and SEE has 4D . So, if you type people by getting a read on distinct patterns that different types follow, you have 2 significant variables that can skew your results.

But you are right. There are other factors like socialization, culture, and upbringing. In Shakira's case, IQ and EQ probably play a role as well.
    ^ This.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Keranos View Post

Sure, much likelier than some other types. I was just thinking out loud why she specifically has a certain alpha taste that some other SEE's dont. Britney Spears seems to be similar, with many people typing her SEI-Fe. Maybe it also has to do with bambi endearingness.

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    Maybe it also has to do with bambi endearingness.
    Yes. They both have a "girl next door" "sweetheart" quality you don't really find in many gammas.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@wasp Typing dance is generally good idea. But! Anyone can learn and portray anything - like Tango which is a very dance. You'd have to have a scale that says how much they can pull a certain style off, but then again: what you see might be the work of an unknown choreographer (or music video director) who ultimately influences the expression a whole lot. What I would take as typing footage is when a dancer describes how they do what they do. Maybe there's a video of Shakira elaborating on that?

As for her typing, lead can already excluded because her is too strong to be 3D. She's really animated and animating for that matter.
    Last edited by Chae; 11-10-2017 at 11:12 AM.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMO, LSI

She doesn't seem much like it because her dual type is probably SEE.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ugh if she is alpha then I'm out of alpha.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast