0 Thread(s)

BG, that made me laugh out loud.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It had been this way, always and ever. Everything I touched seemed to break and fall from me, a modern Midas curse haunting me, cajoling with each further conceited desire that signified all I was about to lose. I had thought I was reaching out to her, but in reality I was pushing her away. In my mind her image was like crystal, the poor surrogate proof of the errant want that compelled me, heedless and unknowing, towards that simple act which would sever my dream. It was a beautiful dream too, as they always seem to be, again and again. I would never lose that power, no matter what happened, or didn’t. Amidst the shattered ruins of every failed predecessor one arose anew, till I began to wonder if I weren’t a dreamer but a collector of broken glass. They still possessed the power to reflect. They still held value and use. How many vivid creations I seemed able to make of my past. Symbols pieced together, forced to cohere into something bigger than I could ever have imagined in their original forms, yet very possibly less all the same.

So that is how I lost her friendship. I had wanted more, as every human being whose beaten paths we but follow. Never had I risked so much for so little when I made my attempt. I ventured everything on that little as if it were the panacea to all my wounds. Even now, I think the same, though perhaps more bitterly. Not towards her. She was blameless in the way which all people are. She could no more choose how she felt than I could deny what encroached ever more forcefully upon my heart with every moment or memory of moments past. That is to say, I had chosen to be very honest with myself. Pain or fear might suppress its sharing with others, but I spared my own peace of mind no willful deceit. I never dared. It may be that I was too good a liar already.

Perhaps if I had told her all this, if I had been as honest with her, she might have embraced me rather than retreat so far that I pictured her beyond even the dimmest star. I had been found wanting, maybe even incapable of being wanted by her. This sting struck me deepest of all. I felt it instantly when my letter came back to me, unopened. It bit me then and every moment since, until it developed into a dull ache, until it became a part of me, a scar imperfectly healed that keenly felt the weather of season passing into season. The injury was not my first. I remember now the immensity of those days when I thought the pain would kill me. In the end I had come out stronger, less vulnerable, but also less capable of love. No, less capable of being loved. Each loss echoed back to the original, forming a string of disappointments whose cause I could not locate until I began to wonder if it lay in the dark core of my soul, where conscious minds cannot, dare not, tread.
    Well, I was going to take a nap, but I realized I'd rather write. Not sure where I'm going with this, or what I want to make it (short story, etc) but it's an excerpt. It isn't the beginning or the end, it's more of a middle piece of...you know, whatever.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat View Post
    you made a dog?
    lol yeah - he looks like he's just emerging into the world for the first time from this purple cocoon
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chopin View Post
    lol yeah - he looks like he's just emerging into the world for the first time from this purple cocoon
    HAHAHAHA

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    munemori, that's amazing.

on the flipside, I feel sort of lost and sad now...
    Haha, well I'm thinking of it as a a sort of bildungsroman (coming of age story), so I thought of this as being an intermediary stage in the narrator's development.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh. You mean, the winter in the person's soul must always be weathered before the bright, new spring emerges?
    That's a very good way to put it.

Or, in other words: it has a happy ending, right? Right? RIGHT?

You can't end your story on that note. It's too depressing. If your writing gets published, someone like me might go out and kill themselves.
    Art has to be like life; fiction has to be 'true'. Thus there can be no guarantees. Even I don't know how the story ends, but I'm as hopeful as I am uncertain.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just wondering, did you pick up on the tinge of sarcasm? Maybe not. This IS the internet, after all.
    I detected nothing of the sort, but how can I trust you ever again?!
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Recently I've knit a blanket and crocheted a couple of afghans, a scarf, and a purse (for my sister). I don't feel like posting pics atm.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    Recently I've knit a blanket and crocheted a couple of afghans, a scarf, and a purse (for my sister). I don't feel like posting pics atm.
    oh wow a purse? skills.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just finished mixing this song recently

http://www.boomp3.com/listen/coe7f07...hdrumsandstuff

The song was written and sung by my friend, and another friend and I came up with extra parts for it (ukulele, keyboard, percussion). We don't have that much equipment, and the performances (especially those by me - bass and percussion) are a bit sloppy, but I'm fairly proud of my amateur production

and the end bit is a bit crap, we hadn't really decided what exactly to do there

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any feedback?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hellothere View Post
    any feedback?
    I wanted to listen to it but it was blocked...even when i used a proxy. =/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ah that site must be a piece of crap. Its hard to find somewhere to upload stuff where it doesnt say in the terms and conditions "you hand over all rights to us muahahahah"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think it is okay hellothere, the production is really good, but the music, to me, is sort of generic indie pop. i pretty much never listen to singer-songwriters anyway.
    asd

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the comment heath. I agree its nothing innovative, but I work hard on the production (with what little I have)

theMime, hopefull this link works: http://ia360913.us.archive.org/3/ite...msandstuff.mp3
    Last edited by hellothere; 05-04-2008 at 08:33 AM.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hellothere - I thought it was good - I liked the whimsical quality of it. I couldn't hear all the words properly though - could you post the lyrics? I liked the feeling in your friend's voice too. Is that string motif played on the ukelele?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks, and yep its a ukulele

and lol I'm not sure what the lyrics are, I never asked my friend for them. I notice he sometimes slurs words. and he's an SEI for sure

edit: I just realised he repeats the first verse the second time round... what a lazy ass.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks, and yep its a ukulele

and lol I'm not sure what the lyrics are, I never asked my friend for them. I notice he sometimes slurs words. and he's an SEI for sure
    I can hear the Fe in his voice. I think you did a great job with the accompaniment. The ukelele and percussion style make it different from mainstream pop stuff.

So what are you guys going to do with it?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we have 4 other songs (actually a million more, but they were all crap), but we're still finalising the arrangements for them. My friend is always coming up with new stuff though (he gets bored of the old stuff really quickly, which can be a bit annoying sometimes), so hopefully we can get a few more down. Then we have to seriously practice and hopefully start playing somewhere, but the "seriously practice" has always been a problem because everyone else in the band are alphas with little time on their hands (and even when they do turn up, they spend half the time deciding what to eat for dinner and/or discussing movies )

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we have 4 other songs (actually a million more, but they were all crap), but we're still finalising the arrangements for them. My friend is always coming up with new stuff though (he gets bored of the old stuff really quickly, which can be a bit annoying sometimes), so hopefully we can get a few more down. Then we have to seriously practice and hopefully start playing somewhere, but the "seriously practice" has always been a problem because everyone else in the band are alphas with little time on their hands (and even when they do turn up, they spend half the time deciding what to eat for dinner and/or discussing movies )
    Lol - you need to get a Beta manager in there - pronto!

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

everything i have is old. once i came out of a depression along with losing access to a studio, i kind of slowed down on the artistic front x_x

unfinished:

lmfao....and here is taking everyone back to the aurora_faerie days:

SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I made this yesterday. It's not quite finished and it didn't turn out quite how I originally envisioned, especially the roots. But it's the first thing I've actually drawn and mostly completed in a long while.

Materials: Bristol paper, #2 pencil, and a little bit of charcoal pencil for the deep shadows.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's really cool - I've always admired good artists.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, guys.

Tell me, what size does the house look like? The whole thing was an exercise in perspective, and I wanted to do something other than the generic "make the building look right" thing. I wanted to do something that fit the rules of perspective, but that had some interest to it, some sort of story or meaning.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    Thanks, guys.

Tell me, what size does the house look like? The whole thing was an exercise in perspective, and I wanted to do something other than the generic "make the building look right" thing. I wanted to do something that fit the rules of perspective, but that had some interest to it, some sort of story or meaning.
    The house looks tiny to me, or maybe it's the tree that looks huge, Idk. Anyway, I think it's great! I want to live in that little house. :-) I love the shadow on the archway and the way you did the water - it looks so peaceful and calm.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here are some recent things I've made. The yarn I dyed and spun myself. The socks obviously I knit myself. Same for the blue lace cardigan.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    The house looks tiny to me, or maybe it's the tree that looks huge, Idk. Anyway, I think it's great! I want to live in that little house. :-) I love the shadow on the archway and the way you did the water - it looks so peaceful and calm.
    Good, the house is supposed to look small, though I had hoped the proportions of the bridge would convey that. Oh, well.

I'm glad you like it.

By the way, I didn't realize until just now that you, Jem, are actually Chopin. I saw you posting a few times, and somehow you didn't seem quite like a new poster. It was a sort of tickle to my subconscious. But now it all makes sense.

@ redbaron - Those are really cool. You spin your own yarn? Do you have one of those spinning wheels like in Sleeping Beauty?

When I was about 14 I crocheted, but I haven't done it in a long time.

Creepy-bg

Good, the house is supposed to look small, though I had hoped the proportions of the bridge would convey that. Oh, well.
    awsome picture. The effect works, but if you're looking for a little constructive critisism... I think you could have enhanced the effect you were going for by rotating the POV up just slightly so that you're looking down on the house a bit more.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat View Post
    awsome picture. The effect works, but if you're looking for a little constructive critisism... I think you could have enhanced the effect you were going for by rotating the POV up just slightly so that you're looking down on the house a bit more.
    You know what, that makes a lot of sense, actually. The horizon line for the bridge and the house are different, which I thought didn't seem quite right from a logical standpoint. But my teacher for that class said that it looked better that way, that it might look like it was below the water line if I tilted it too much, and I couldn't quite find how to make it look right otherwise (I practiced on other sheets of paper), so I just went with what she suggested. The perspective of the house and the composition of the tree roots were what caused me the most trouble.

Anyway, yes, I'm definitely open to constructive criticism.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ redbaron - Those are really cool. You spin your own yarn? Do you have one of those spinning wheels like in Sleeping Beauty?
    thanks. yeah I have a spinning wheel.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whoa, that is seriously cool and creepy!
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    Thanks

Yeah, I guess she's kind of creepy; guess that must mean I have a somewhat twisted mind. I'll probably post more later.
    Please do, I really like your style.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just cuz this thread is at the top already... I just posted these to a photography forum on another message board I'm on... I may as well post it here since it's all the same format.

I snapped a few decent pics at the Rose Parade (Part of our annual Rose Festival) here in Portland this past week. I took 400+ pics but figure I'll just post some of the ones I liked pretty well.

My favorite of the day for some reason... It kinda looked like the purple flower was sticking it's head out to see what was going on...lol.

Bigfoot does exist... in downtown Portland...lol

This pic kinda creeped me out, I'm not used to people seeing me take their pics anymore...lol.

The whole album if anyone feels like sifting through it for any other cool pics...
    http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/i...Rose%20Parade/

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i like the one where the girl is giving a sideways glance under her fluffy hat.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was working on another project and, just for kicks and giggles, decided to try our name and a tagline out on it for size. It was a little too irresistible. And, yes, I giggled.

Whatcha think?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was working on another project and, just for kicks and giggles, decided to try our name and a tagline out on it for size. It was a little too irresistible. And, yes, I giggled.

Whatcha think?

What is this for? It's really cool. I like it a lot.
    EII 4w5

so/sx (?)

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Christy B View Post
    What is this for? It's really cool. I like it a lot.
    Thanks! The fruit and background I made for another, work-related project. I thought it would be fun to see what the forum name plus a tag-line would look like on it. Then I thought that other people might enjoy it, too, so I posted it here.

Is that what you were asking? Or did you mean what was the original project for?

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I only create babies.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast