From PM:
Quote Originally Posted by machintruc
Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg
I don't understand. Why do you think Politics and Information Aspects are correlated ?
The short answer is because of likes vs. dislikes. I have a strong instinct as to who I can work with, based on whether or not someone likes me. If someone doesn't like me, then they are hardly going to trust me enough to try to work with me, eh?

-Te describes where to find work opportunity, and where there isn't. It does this based on -Fi. That's all there is to it: Te's substance is Fi.

If you put +Te down with +Ti, then you can put -Te up with -Ti. This lets you look at where work is or isn't, and determine that where there is no work, there is no structure. So the structure of the world breaks down to what likes what and what doesn't like what. (which makes perfect sense due to the polar composition of matter; but remember, we ARE those things on a macro scale. Very intuitive, I know.) You might say that politics is cohesive (like water) at the - level.

Next you can observe the adhesive side of politics, the + side. +Ti observes all those +Fe vibes and who gave them to you. +Te observes that it can perform work on basis of those vibes, using +Fi to make sense of them. Te knows that those +Fe vibes are built on +Fi, which indicates that there is a stable bedrock of emotional support on which +Te can work. People with similar Fi dispositions use the - side to know what's going on, and the + side to figure out which side to take.

Does that make sense? (the way you observe a - with a -, or a + with a +, is by the transcedent function.)
+Fi vs. -Fi doesn't mean Like vs. Dislike.
Right, but that's not what I meant. Actually I'll admit, I'm not too clear as to what +Fi is. What's your take on it?
+Fi is subjective motives of things, -Fi is objective ethical system
+Fi is subjective motives of things, -Fi is objective ethical system
Thanks. Now I can clarify what I meant in socionics terminology. +Te sees that the motives are [/i]common[/i] by means of +Fi. For example, progressives are united in their opposition to Bush because they find his methods distasteful. They stick together because they are least know each others' hearts. (or at least, know each others' views) They are comfortable with each other, and not with conservatives. But they wish they could be, because of common human social instinct, the search for cooperative opportunity. They also want an environment free of tension. It's very difficult for them to work with conservatives directly, though, because of contradictory ideals. If you notice parliamentary procedure, however, progressives and conservatives find common ground on cultural issues. They also manage to cooperate against common (imminent) threats which apparently dilute their awareness of their divisive instincts and put them on the defensive. (9/11, for example.) But in these cases, it tends to be a middle ground (historically, anyway) that brought the two sides together. This middle ground is made up of traditionalists, like yourself, and adaptation-oriented anarchist types like hitta. These are the "independents" by and large. Although the "independents" seem to have problems when confronting each other en mass, they tend to get along when seeing each other face to face, man to man. You have these on both sides of the isle due to the +Fi/+Te work split, which allows American politics to function no matter how poisonous the atmosphere gets between liberals and conservatives. You have Republican individualists -- Darwinian Bill Gates types -- and Democrat individualists like Joe Biden. (Open source types, to complete the analogy) These two have more in common than they have different, even though they find it difficult to work on common goals. (because their motives are different even though they like each other.) You get a behind-closed-door deal that shows itself in a swing vote the next day, and viola: agreement is reached and deadlock is broken in favor of a compromise that respects both motives. The two are under strong -Fi pressure to understand that their +Fi motives need not conflict, and they work out their differences.