Thread: Overly active and energetic ENFps

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Overly active and energetic ENFps

Is this common? How energetic are you guys?

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sometimes I'm energetic and I just want to go go go go. Other times I want to curl up and sleep. Though I never seem to be able to successfully nap. I go back and forth between being energetic and lethargic, sometimes within the same day. I will usually get bored at some point each day and just want to get out and do something anyway. Also, if something comes up where I'm really busy for a little while, I love it. It's great fun. That was one of my favorite parts of working - some crisis would come up and we'd all have to rally and get something done right away.

I don't think I could be called consistently energetic though. Sometimes, I'm quite lazy.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, how do you successfully nap? One of my friends can sleep anywhere, any time. I'm so envious! *green-eyed nap monster*

My energy level is up, down, all over the place. One thing's for certain: it decreases significantly when there's paperwork involved.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know an ENFp who is extremely energetic. I think the fact that he eats well and doesn't smoke, drink, or even coffee has a lot to do with it. Walks a million miles per hour, too.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by force my hand View Post
    I know an ENFp who is extremely energetic. I think the fact that he eats well and doesn't smoke, drink, or even coffee has a lot to do with it. Walks a million miles per hour, too.
    Yeah, walking too fast is one of my problems. Like i have nothing to do on a day, i just want to go get some money out and buy a pasty for lunch and i tend to zoom at a million miles. Im one of those people walking behind slow people looking for a way to pass them. If im feeling particually relaxed i can stroll though.

Funnily enough the only person i know who walks faster is an ISTp. He's tall and i cant keep up with him. I think what is is though, is that with his si i walk heaps slower than normal lol.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by meatburger View Post
    Funnily enough the only person i know who walks faster is an ISTp. He's tall and i cant keep up with him. I think what is is though, is that with his si i walk heaps slower than normal lol.
    I seem to find walking faster is somehow more theraputic than walking slowly - the quicker I can get to where I wanna go then the longer I'll be sitting down lol. Even if I'm travelling and in a new place I seem to still walk fast- tho that may be to cover more ground in order to get a better sense of my bearings.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny... I have been thinking about this very topic with regard to the ENFp guy I'm befriending. He recently described himself as an "energizer bunny". One of his penchants is burning movies on dvd to watch at some later time in the future. When?? With all his constant social activity (usually every night is occupied and weekends booked in advance) when would he watch them??

I told him I couldn't imagine him sitting still for 2hrs unless he was tied down.
    socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, walking too fast is one of my problems. Like i have nothing to do on a day, i just want to go get some money out and buy a pasty for lunch and i tend to zoom at a million miles. Im one of those people walking behind slow people looking for a way to pass them. If im feeling particually relaxed i can stroll though.
    Sounds like how my brother drives. On the freeway, it is a pretty scary experience driving with him cause he is constantly weaving in and out at a million miles an hour, passing people left, right and center. He is never content to just stay behind someone in the same lane. If he happens to be in a daydreaming mood though, he drives like an old lady.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

Creepy-Cyclops

@Chopin

Has he crashed yet

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    @Chopin

Has he crashed yet
    not as such ... but once late at night we were coming back from this party and he was doing his usual cutting-everyone-off thing and next thing we knew this guy that he had passed started chasing us. Turned out there were about 5 cars in some sort of gang and next thing we knew, we were being chased by all these cars. They were trying to get us to pull over - threatening us and stuff. Eventually they managed to surround us forcing us to stop and they got out of their cars with crowbars and things and started bashing our car. We managed to get out and had to jump in someone else's car and get away. Most scary experience of my life. My brother's driving got better after that - but didn't last long.
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by chopin View Post
    not as such ... but once late at night we were coming back from this party and he was doing his usual cutting-everyone-off thing and next thing we knew this guy that he had passed started chasing us. Turned out there were about 5 cars in some sort of gang and next thing we knew, we were being chased by all these cars. They were trying to get us to pull over - threatening us and stuff. Eventually they managed to surround us forcing us to stop and they got out of their cars with crowbars and things and started bashing our car. We managed to get out and had to jump in someone else's car and get away. Most scary experience of my life. My brother's driving got better after that - but didn't last long.
    That is one mental story. I liked it! +1

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this enfp guy i see at work rides his bike to work every morning rain or sunshine, participates in bike races and marathons, and has gotten into mountain climbing last year. thinking of how socionics describes his duals istps he needs all the enthusiasm he can generate to last for the two of them.

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Slacker's comment, and just add that I'm consistently inconsistent. Some days I'm ready to drive across the country. Other days I just want to hibernate and load movie marathons. I tend to act livelier, happier, and more energetic around people, though. So maybe we're just putting on a show when you see us
    And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you?- Matthew 6:30

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think my energy levels are relatively stable, or at least it's not something that I notice fluctuating in dramatic fashion. When I am feeling motivated, it's more of a steady, directed feeling.
    Last edited by suedehead; 05-24-2014 at 06:21 AM.

TIM
    SLI-Si(H)5w6 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've noticed I walk pretty fast as well. I'm not sure if this is completely natural for me or if I developed the habit from my ILI mom taking me to school. Probably the former.

As we reach for the stars, we must put away childish things; gods, spirits and other phantasms of the brain. Reality is cruel and unforgiving, yet we must steel ourselves and secure the survival of our race through the unflinching pursuit of science and technology.
    - Stellaris