Results 1 to 30 of 30

Thread: Enneagram test with instinct variant from similarminds.com

  1. #1
    Gone. theMime.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    1,297
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Enneagram test with instinct variant from similarminds.com

    Last edited by theMime.; 02-13-2008 at 04:07 AM.

  2. #2
    Gone. theMime.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    1,297
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ok so I think I'm a wing 3 and not a wing 5 then. Or maybe I just don't have a wing if that's possible.
    Definitely a four though. That was always clear to me.



  3. #3
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If I remember correctly, this one always says I am Sx/so/sp for some reason. Let's try again....
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  4. #4
    Suomea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Posts
    1,054
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||| 42%
    Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||||||||| 68%
    Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||||||||||||| 85%
    Type 4 Hypersensitivity |||||||||||||||||| 80%
    Type 5 Detachment |||||||||||||| 58%
    Type 6 Anxiety |||||||||||||||||||| 82%
    Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||||||||||||| 84%
    Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||||||| 68%
    Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||||||||| 77%



    type score type behavior motivation
    3 60 I must be impressive and attractive to be happy.
    7 59 I must be high and entertained to be happy.
    6 58 I must be secure and safe to be happy.
    4 56 I must avoid painful feelings to be happy.
    9 54 I must be peaceful and easy to get along with to be happy.
    2 48 I must be helpful and caring to be happy.
    8 48 I must be strong and in control to be happy.
    5 41 I must be knowledgable and independent to be happy.
    1 30 I must be perfect and good to be happy.


    Your main type is Type 3 Your variant is sexual


    Your main type is which ever behavior you utilize most and/or prefer. Your variant reflects your scoring profile on all nine types: so = social variant (compliant, friendly), sx = sexual variant (assertive, intense), sp = self preservation variant (withdrawn, security seeking). For info on the flaws of the Enneagram system click here.

    I'm always a 3 or a 7.....sometimes a 2.

    Environmental factors I think make me more a 3 then just inherent stable personality factors though. Reading the explanation of 5 it seems like a possibility too.
    Suomea

  5. #5
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||||| 54%
    Type 2 Helpfulness |||||| 28%
    Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||||||| 51%
    Type 4 Hypersensitivity |||||| 22%
    Type 5 Detachment |||||||||| 38%
    Type 6 Anxiety |||||||||||||| 55%
    Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||| 38%
    Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||||||||| 80%
    Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||||||| 65%
    Accuracy:

    type score type behavior motivation
    8 56 I must be strong and in control to be happy.
    9 46 I must be peaceful and easy to get along with to be happy.
    6 39 I must be secure and safe to be happy.
    1 38 I must be perfect and good to be happy.
    3 36 I must be impressive and attractive to be happy.
    5 27 I must be knowledgable and independent to be happy.
    7 27 I must be high and entertained to be happy.
    2 20 I must be helpful and caring to be happy.
    4 16 I must avoid painful feelings to be happy.


    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  6. #6
    The Iniquitous inumbra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    954
    Posts
    5,989
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hmm... this one gave me 5 (sp/so/sx). I've never got 5 before. Not that I've taken all that many of these tests.


    Type 1 Perfectionism |||||| 22%
    Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||||| 42%
    Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||||| 41%
    Type 4 Hypersensitivity |||||||||||| 50%
    Type 5 Detachment |||||||||||||||| 65%
    Type 6 Anxiety |||||||||||| 47%
    Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||| 31%
    Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||| 31%
    Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||| 48%
    Accuracy:

    type score type behavior motivation
    5 46 I must be knowledgable and independent to be happy.
    4 35 I must avoid painful feelings to be happy.
    9 34 I must be peaceful and easy to get along with to be happy.
    6 33 I must be secure and safe to be happy.
    2 30 I must be helpful and caring to be happy.
    3 29 I must be impressive and attractive to be happy.
    7 22 I must be high and entertained to be happy.
    8 22 I must be strong and in control to be happy.
    1 16 I must be perfect and good to be happy.

    I think the last time I took an enneagram test... don't know which... it was 4w5 so/sp.

    Anyway... I don't need to be knowledgable to be happy. I prefer to be independent. I don't know how I feel about these when I read them. It's all a lot of blah.

    The other problem is it depend on how you're feeling at the time you take it. Also, I would have answered a lot of those questions differently a few years ago... I don't know what that would have given me. It's all very inconstant.

  7. #7
    Let's fly now Gilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Posts
    24,757
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    1 35%
    2 38%
    3 54%
    4 62%
    5 58%
    6 44%
    7 72%
    8 68%
    9 48%

    Variant: sx/sp

  8. #8
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I always come out highest on Eight and ESTJ when I do the MBTT and Enneagram combined test. The variants are shit on there, but the test normally gives you a pretty good idea of what type you are. There's no point doing it over and over and over, because you just end up with a higher score in the type you want to be but aren't, every single time.

  9. #9
    implied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,750
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Code:
    Type 1     	Perfectionism  	||||||||||||  	45%
    Type 2 	Helpfulness 	|||||| 	25%
    Type 3 	Image Focus 	|||||||||||| 	44%
    Type 4 	Hypersensitivity 	|||||||||||||| 	57%
    Type 5 	Detachment 	|||||||||||||||| 	64%
    Type 6 	Anxiety 	|||||||||||||||||| 	74%
    Type 7 	Adventurousness 	|||||||||||||| 	52%
    Type 8 	Aggressiveness 	|||||||||||| 	45%
    Type 9 	Calmness 	|||||||||||||| 	60%




    not sure about so vs sx for my last variant. pretty confident i'm sp first, though, hah.
    Last edited by implied; 02-13-2008 at 01:44 PM.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

  10. #10

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    890
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||| 47%
    Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||||| 47%
    Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||||||| 52%
    Type 4 Hypersensitivity |||||||||||| 50%
    Type 5 Detachment |||||||||||||||||| 72%
    Type 6 Anxiety |||||||||||| 47%
    Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||||| 48%
    Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||| 47%
    Type 9 Calmness |||||||||| 32%

    5 51 I must be knowledgable and independent to be happy.
    3 37 I must be impressive and attractive to be happy.
    4 35 I must avoid painful feelings to be happy.
    7 34 I must be high and entertained to be happy.
    1 33 I must be perfect and good to be happy.
    2 33 I must be helpful and caring to be happy.
    6 33 I must be secure and safe to be happy.
    8 33 I must be strong and in control to be happy.
    9 23 I must be peaceful and easy to get along with to be happy.



    Your main type is which ever behavior you utilize most and/or prefer. Your variant reflects your scoring profile on all nine types: so = social variant (compliant, friendly), sx = sexual variant (assertive, intense), sp = self preservation variant (withdrawn, security seeking).

    THEREFORE, THE VARIANT PROBABLY MEANS NIL IN MY CASE.

    I just about always have scored a 5 on enneagram tests.

  11. #11
    BLauritson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bristol, England
    Posts
    979
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default



    I agree with being predominantly 5 and then 4 (when I was new to the enneagram I took a test that said 5w4, then when reading further I agreed with this more than what I've read of other types). I'm reading the instinctual stackings again though, because I'm not certain I agree with the test results. I'm using this website's descriptions - http://www.ocean-moonshine.net/e1428...osition=12:12.. I'll quote random bits that I either agree or disagree with, but I won't clutter this post too much I promise

    Quote Originally Posted by Self-pres/Social
    In the average health range, this instinctual stacking is warm, friendly, and loyal.
    Yep.

    Quote Originally Posted by Self-pres/Social
    The most notable and potentially frustrating thing about people of this type is the difficulty involved in getting really close to them. While they can usually handle themselves socially, they always hold back when it comes to intensity or intimacy in a relationship which can frustrate a sexual variant type.
    I disagree quite strongly with this - I actually desire intimacy in my relationships, whether it be platonic or otherwise. For this reason, until I came across these descriptions I always assumed I was a predominantly sexual subtype.

    Quote Originally Posted by Self-pres/Social
    Because this subtype is good at minimizing their needs they can get along fine with few relationships or without a romantic partner.
    Although I haven't been actively seeking a partner lately for various reasons, in general I feel as though living life for long periods of time without being romantically involved with someone is like living hell. I've gotten myself pretty ill over this in the past; it's something I have to be careful with.

    I won't bother quoting it all, but the Social/Sexual description, I agree with pretty much everything it says. Sometimes I'll read something and think I identify with it, but later on read it again and not identify with it. Well, it was ages ago I read this one, but reading it again I still agree fully. Still, I shall read on.

    Hmm.. the Sexual/Self-pres description fits me slightly, but only little bits of it.

    Same for the Sexual/Social description, bits of it fit me, but it seems like that stacking has a lot more emotional energy than I do.
    Last edited by BLauritson; 02-13-2008 at 09:13 PM. Reason: Why do I always spell enneagram as enneagramme?
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

    "IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

    Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

  12. #12
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Why does it ask for gender?
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  13. #13
    BLauritson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bristol, England
    Posts
    979
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think all their tests do that. Probably a statistical thing so they can propogate the whole "MAN PSYCHOLOGY = THIS, WOMAN PSYCHOLOGY = THAT LOLOL" bullshit. Or maybe some more genuine use. I dunno.
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

    "IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

    Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

  14. #14
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BLauritson View Post
    Probably a statistical thing so they can propogate the whole "MAN PSYCHOLOGY = THIS, WOMAN PSYCHOLOGY = THAT LOLOL" bullshit.
    Yep, that's what a was thinking. I think I'll boycott it.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  15. #15
    Gone. theMime.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    1,297
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    Why does it ask for gender?
    HAHA!
    I have no idea!
    weird eh?

  16. #16
    XoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,407
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yet another confirmation of me being 5w6 or 6w5 but it doesn't seem clear whether 5 or 6 is the real base. As always.

    type score type behavior motivation
    5 50 I must be knowledgable and independent to be happy.
    6 50 I must be secure and safe to be happy.
    9 41 I must be peaceful and easy to get along with to be happy.
    1 40 I must be perfect and good to be happy.
    4 39 I must avoid painful feelings to be happy.
    8 37 I must be strong and in control to be happy.
    3 27 I must be impressive and attractive to be happy.
    2 24 I must be helpful and caring to be happy.
    7 24 I must be high and entertained to be happy.

  17. #17
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  18. #18
    Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Posts
    14,931
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    I see I'm at least the fourth person to get 5 sp/so/sx .

    Type 1 64%
    Type 2 52%
    Type 3 50%
    Type 4 68%
    Type 5 72%
    Type 6 61%
    Type 7 34%
    Type 8 48%
    Type 9 58%

    5 51 I must be knowledgable and independent to be happy.
    4 48 I must avoid painful feelings to be happy.
    1 45 I must be perfect and good to be happy.
    6 43 I must be secure and safe to be happy.
    9 41 I must be peaceful and easy to get along with to be happy.
    2 37 I must be helpful and caring to be happy.
    3 35 I must be impressive and attractive to be happy.
    8 34 I must be strong and in control to be happy.
    7 24 I must be high and entertained to be happy.


    EII-Ne
    5w4 or 1w9 Sp/So

  19. #19
    Elro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    2,796
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean View Post
    I see I'm at least the fourth person to get 5 sp/so/sx .
    Fifth.

    Type 1 Perfectionism 37%
    Type 2 Helpfulness 48%
    Type 3 Image Focus 50%
    Type 4 Hypersensitivity 42%
    Type 5 Detachment 67%
    Type 6 Anxiety 61%
    Type 7 Adventurousness 44%
    Type 8 Aggressiveness 28%
    Type 9 Calmness 62%

    Your main type is Type 5
    Your variant is self pres
    sp/so/sx
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

    Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.


    I pity your souls

  20. #20
    Landlord of the Dog and Duck Subteigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    TIM
    EII-Ne Sp/So
    Posts
    14,931
    Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elro View Post
    Fifth.
    My 4 wing is a lot stronger than yours though, which means I'm far more Emo. (Actually, that's a load of rubbish of course ).
    EII-Ne
    5w4 or 1w9 Sp/So

  21. #21
    The Iniquitous inumbra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    954
    Posts
    5,989
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    We must all be 5s. For some reason, I think that 5 is the guy that runs the site's favorite type...

  22. #22
    Elro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    2,796
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean View Post
    My 4 wing is a lot stronger than yours though, which means I'm far more Emo.
    You're more detached than I am, though, so it all evens out.

    Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    For some reason, I think that 5 is the guy that runs the site's favorite type...
    Maybe, but I do usually score high in 5, 6, and 9 on Enneagram tests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

    Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.


    I pity your souls

  23. #23
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    119) I am nice to store clerks.

    What the fuck.

    I did this to pass the time. I won't even bother with the variant.

    Code:
    Type 1  Perfectionism  	||||||||||||||  	60%
    Type 2 	Helpfulness 	|||||| 	30%
    Type 3 	Image Focus 	|||||||||||| 	44%
    Type 4 	Hypersensitivity 	|||||| 	24%
    Type 5 	Detachment 	|||||||||||| 	50%
    Type 6 	Anxiety 	|||||||||| 	35%
    Type 7 	Adventurousness 	|||||| 	27%
    Type 8 	Aggressiveness 	|||||||||||||||||||| 	84%
    Type 9 	Calmness 	|||||||||||||| 	60%
    Essentially, the wings are shit as well. The eclecticenergies test is far superior in finding your wing and variant. However, this is great for understanding your base type imo, so long as you don't cheat yourself into thinking you're what you aren't. In fact, the more balanced an individual is, the more likely I am to trust them. These tests never tell me anything new, they merely show others evidence for something that they probably don't even give a shit about. 3-5-8 trifix. Strong in Eight and One, but Eight prevails. It's the same every time.

  24. #24
    Suomea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Posts
    1,054
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Took it again, and got a completely different result.... think these are extremely influenced by my mood.


    Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||| 31%
    Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||||||| 54%
    Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||||||||| 67%
    Type 4 Hypersensitivity |||||||||||||||| 68%
    Type 5 Detachment |||||||||||| 48%
    Type 6 Anxiety |||||||||||||||| 70%
    Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||||||| 54%
    Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||| 48%
    Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||||| 52%

    Accuracy: - 5 hi 4 3 2 1 low

    type score type behavior motivation
    6 49 I must be secure and safe to be happy.
    4 48 I must avoid painful feelings to be happy.
    3 47 I must be impressive and attractive to be happy.
    2 38 I must be helpful and caring to be happy.
    7 38 I must be high and entertained to be happy.
    9 37 I must be peaceful and easy to get along with to be happy.
    5 34 I must be knowledgable and independent to be happy.
    8 34 I must be strong and in control to be happy.
    1 22 I must be perfect and good to be happy.


    Your main type is Type 6 Your variant is self pres
    Suomea

  25. #25
    So fluffeh. Cuddly McFluffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    2,780
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I've taken the test. I'll have to dig through my ridiculous amount of printed paper if I want to find out exactly what I am. However, I think that hands down, I am a 4. Looking at a brief explanation, I believe I'd be 4w5. I don't agree with the variant that that test gave me, though.
    Johari/Nohari

    "Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

    Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

  26. #26
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default The similarminds.com variant result is shit

    Just to confirm this. People keep commenting on it. It is useless.

  27. #27
    implied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,750
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    THANK YOU EZRA. GOD.

    ;lkjlkj
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

  28. #28

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    890
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Just to confirm this. People keep commenting on it. It is useless.
    Ezra, you recommended the enneagram tests on eclecticenergies.com, so I took them both. On the 2nd one, I got a 1, followed by 5, then 4. The wings and variants were unclear. On the first, I got:


    Enneagram test results

    You are most likely a type 1 or 6.

    Taking wings into account, you seem to be a 6w5 or 6w7.

    It is not clear from these test results which Enneagram type and wing you are.

    To determine your true type, you might want to start by considering the types with the highest scores on the lists below ...
    (Note that your lowest scores may be omitted.)
    Type 1 - 9.3
    Type 6 - 9.3
    Type 3 - 8
    Type 5 - 6.7
    Type 7 - 6.7
    Type 4 - 5
    Type 9 - 4.7
    Type 2 - 4.7


    So I read the type 1 (also noting how 1's sometimes mistype as 5's, etc.); also 5, and 6. Don't think I'm really a six.

    As mentioned before, I usually get 5's on enneagram tests - although, I haven't taken THAT many (i.e., maybe half-dozen or so).

    Why do you find this system so insightful? Not sure if that's even an easy or valid question to answer. Of all the typing systems I've explored, enneagram seems to do the least for me for some reason. I just can't seem to agree with all of the relationships between cognitions it proposes, nor do any of its profiles or progressions resonate with me (i.e., in any way I feel is ultra-insightful and transformative). My feeling is that it may only be a partial, imperfect mapping of the human psyche which works well for some, but not others (like me). It may well highlight dynamics for folks, but maybe it leaves some of us out to dry. Hmm.

    So it intrigues me that you have found it to be such a useful tool. Anyway ...

  29. #29
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yes, it the variant result is not reliable, imo.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  30. #30
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by astralsilky View Post
    Why do you find this system so insightful?
    I find it insightful because, in real life, I've not found a single example of a typeless person. Everyone fits into it. Online, the amount of people that can bullshit and blag their way into a type is inummerable. No one gives a shit if you call yourself this or that, because it counts for nothing. Nothing. The only way the Enneagram is even remotely applicable is offline; in the real world.

    Why do I find it useful; more useful than socionics? It has ingeniously pinpointed all my strengths and weaknesses, so that I know exactly what I need to do to improve myself as a human being. What has socionics given me? Well, right now, it's about as useful as MBTT. I've never had a real relationship. I make no claims about my future. But, essentially, what's the point in discussing this theory if it has no practical application? It's purely because I derive mental stimulation that I study socionics and MBTT. It's fun to discuss personality, because it is applicable to the real world, and just because one hasn't experienced something doesn't mean one can't discuss it. I've not experienced WWII, does that mean I can't discuss it?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •