Results 1 to 26 of 26

Thread: Um

  1. #1
    So fluffeh. Cuddly McFluffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    2,780
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Um.....

    I took the socionics.com test, which uses the MBTI types as well. Anyway, I've ended up with a subconscious j twice. I would've thought I was either or , but this thing says I could have a j in there. ????

    Last time, it told me I was either or .

  2. #2
    Elro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    2,796
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    I took the socionics.com test, which uses the MBTI types as well. Anyway, I've ended up with a subconscious j twice. I would've thought I was either or , but this thing says I could have a j in there. ????

    Last time, it told me I was either or .
    Could you describe yourself a little?
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

    Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.


    I pity your souls

  3. #3
    So fluffeh. Cuddly McFluffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    2,780
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I just realized I hadn't done that and was actually heading back to do so.

    Let's see... I have a strong need to be communicating with people, even if they're not in front of me. That said, I hate crowds. I'm not all that observant; however, if I am talking to someone and people are going by, I tend to resemble a rotating water sprinkler. If I'm reading, this problem is eliminated (nothing in my line of sight save the page). My room is messy, but I have separate notebooks for my classes (I debated using matching pencils for each subject but decided that was going too far). I put events into my phone not because I am compulsive but because I'm the type that would lose my head if it wasn't firmly attached to my shoulders. I'm shy. I hate restrictions when they clash with what I want to do. I used to be more impulsive but have toned it down somewhat. I prefer being approached rather than approaching. I'm very emotional and empathetic, and I can empathize with people w/o agreeing w/ them. I'm proper and anal in some ways. I tend to be loud and impulsive at home. I also tend to push my views at home (something I wouldn't so much do outside). I prefer a few close friends. That's not all, but my attention span is winding down.

    EDIT: My first instinct in a situation is to react emotionally. If I am given time/distance, however, logic peeks out (but it's still probably subordinate). Both have been known to exist in my head at the same time (I know this, but I feel this).

  4. #4
    Don't forget the the thehotelambush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    6,620
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    NF. I would say ENFp. edit: Not totally sure - there is some conflicting information.
    Last edited by thehotelambush; 02-12-2008 at 10:02 PM.

  5. #5
    tereg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    TIM
    EII/INFj
    Posts
    4,684
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    I just realized I hadn't done that and was actually heading back to do so.

    Let's see... I have a strong need to be communicating with people, even if they're not in front of me. That said, I hate crowds. I'm not all that observant; however, if I am talking to someone and people are going by, I tend to resemble a rotating water sprinkler. If I'm reading, this problem is eliminated (nothing in my line of sight save the page). My room is messy, but I have separate notebooks for my classes (I debated using matching pencils for each subject but decided that was going too far). I put events into my phone not because I am compulsive but because I'm the type that would lose my head if it wasn't firmly attached to my shoulders. I'm shy. I hate restrictions when they clash with what I want to do. I used to be more impulsive but have toned it down somewhat. I prefer being approached rather than approaching. I'm very emotional and empathetic, and I can empathize with people w/o agreeing w/ them. I'm proper and anal in some ways. I tend to be loud and impulsive at home. I also tend to push my views at home (something I wouldn't so much do outside). I prefer a few close friends. That's not all, but my attention span is winding down.

    EDIT: My first instinct in a situation is to react emotionally. If I am given time/distance, however, logic peeks out (but it's still probably subordinate). Both have been known to exist in my head at the same time (I know this, but I feel this).
    Sounds a lot like me, fwiw.
    INFj

    9w1 sp/sx

  6. #6
    So fluffeh. Cuddly McFluffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    2,780
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    NF. I would say ENFp. edit: Not totally sure - there is some conflicting information.
    Hm. Like?

  7. #7
    Don't forget the the thehotelambush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    6,620
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Mostly just "I prefer being approached rather than approaching."

  8. #8
    So fluffeh. Cuddly McFluffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    2,780
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I will sometimes approach people. If it's for practical purposes, I'm more likely to approach. If it's a stranger, I usually don't bother. If the stranger is in line with me or the like, I'm more likely to say something. Basically, I don't go out of my way to meet people. I would've as a kid, but I'm less interested in people now. I'm more focused on what I'm doing.

    The exception to the "being approached" rule is when I want to be left alone.

  9. #9
    xyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,709
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    heh, if you were freaking out about something and a friend approached you and told you to "cool it" in a calm way, how would you react?
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

    - Voltaire

  10. #10
    So fluffeh. Cuddly McFluffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    2,780
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hm. Probably look surprised, protest, and then make an effort to calm down. As to whether I'd succeed would depend on the situation. My moods shift easily, but if it's due to a particularly intense situation (ie something that's thrown me into a real depression), it'll come back sooner or later.

  11. #11
    tereg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    TIM
    EII/INFj
    Posts
    4,684
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    Hm. Probably look surprised, protest, and then make an effort to calm down. As to whether I'd succeed would depend on the situation. My moods shift easily, but if it's due to a particularly intense situation (ie something that's thrown me into a real depression), it'll come back sooner or later.
    Sounds like me again.
    INFj

    9w1 sp/sx

  12. #12
    So fluffeh. Cuddly McFluffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    2,780
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hm. I probably am, then. Where can I find info about subtypes?
    Johari/Nohari

    "Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

    Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

  13. #13
    XoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,407
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    For some reason you seem to me.

  14. #14
    So fluffeh. Cuddly McFluffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    2,780
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ni? How?

    Edit: Are you talking about subtype or overall type?
    Johari/Nohari

    "Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

    Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

  15. #15
    XoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,407
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    Are you talking about subtype or overall type?
    yes.

  16. #16
    So fluffeh. Cuddly McFluffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    2,780
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    That was an "either or" question.

    Are you saying I'm dominant or a subtype?

    Also, I'm curious what would make you say that.
    Johari/Nohari

    "Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

    Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

  17. #17
    XoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,407
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    That was an "either or" question.

    Are you saying I'm dominant or a subtype?

    Also, I'm curious what would make you say that.
    It is not really a pure "either or" question as you can be both a dominant and a subtype. For example INFp / IEI who is more focused on and less focused on than an average INFp.

    However I can't _really_ say anything about your type. It was just a combined impression of your nickname, avatar, you being some kind of introvert (perhaps enneagram 4, 5, or even 6) and a certain aura you carry. First fitting function that was revealed to me was . The fact that you were quick to adopt tereq's suggestion for your type could mean you have in your super-id and that would fit INFp well.

    Just something you should consider before jumping to conclusions. Especially because you carry an MBTI related description in your quote and this is socionics site. They are not the same thing.

  18. #18
    So fluffeh. Cuddly McFluffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    2,780
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XoX View Post
    It is not really a pure "either or" question as you can be both a dominant and a subtype. For example INFp / IEI who is more focused on and less focused on than an average INFp.

    However I can't _really_ say anything about your type. It was just a combined impression of your nickname, avatar, you being some kind of introvert (perhaps enneagram 4, 5, or even 6) and a certain aura you carry.
    Nice. I'm a 4. I'm actually a born extrovert, and when around people I feel most comfortable with, this comes out. However, I can also be quiet enough that it's caught others' attention. I am antisocial in a way; I feel no need to socialize much of the time, and I hate crowds of people I don't know. That said, I've seen others around here say that those don't define I/E. *blinks* Aura?

    Quote Originally Posted by XoX View Post
    First fitting function that was revealed to me was . The fact that you were quick to adopt tereq's suggestion for your type could mean you have in your super-id and that would fit INFp well.
    Honestly, I'm new to the definitions/meanings of functions and even newer to the ego/id/etc thing, so I don't exactly know what you're communicating here.

    Quote Originally Posted by XoX View Post
    Just something you should consider before jumping to conclusions. Especially because you carry an MBTI related description in your quote and this is socionics site. They are not the same thing.
    Different socionics tests that I have seen have used both. The socionics.com test gave me this:

    Normal: ENFx (there's a subconscious j
    Reversed: INFP
    Combined: xNFP.

    Then it gives me a deciding question. I took the E road. So whatever I am, I'm still IE_. I'm looking at socionics I/E right now.


    I've also taken function tests.

    Function test 1:

    Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
    extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************ (24.5)
    average use
    introverted Sensing (Si) *********************************** (35.6)
    good use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ****************************************** (42.9)
    excellent use

    introverted Intuiting (Ni) **************************** (28.7)
    average use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ************* (13.1)
    unused
    introverted Thinking (Ti) ****************** (18.6)
    limited use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) *********************************** (35.2)
    good use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) ***************************************** (41.?)
    excellent use



    Test 2:
    Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
    extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************* (19.6)
    limited use
    introverted Sensing (Si) ************************ (24.6)
    average use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ******************************************** (44.9)
    excellent use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) *********************************** (35.9)
    good use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ***************** (17.3)
    limited use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************* (19.5)
    limited use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) ************************************ (36.2)
    excellent use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) ****************************************** (42)
    excellent use

    According to these, out of each grouping, I'm Ne, Fi, Si, Ti. However, does that even translate to anything?
    Last edited by Cuddly McFluffles; 02-14-2008 at 06:14 PM.
    Johari/Nohari

    "Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

    Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

  19. #19
    XoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,407
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryene Astraelis View Post
    Nice. I'm a 4.
    There is no direct correlation between socionics and enneagram but 4 and 5 are more often introverts than not. 4 is usually well correlated with and 4w5 is very common in INFps. EP temperament and -leading is more often seen to match type 7. But as said there no rule which says "type XXXx can't be enneagram Y, ever".

    Honestly, I'm new to the definitions/meanings of functions and even newer to the ego/id/etc thing, so I don't exactly know what you're communicating here.
    My plan is to confuse you with socionics jargon in order to imprint my socionics superiority to your brain and once that has been established spoon feed you with my conclusions. It is a common practice among professionals and experts in any field (hah, I'm not an expert, didn't mean to imply that). No, really I just wanted to use those terms to objectively justify my impressions. But learning about ego, super-ego, id, super-id, functions, information elements, temperaments, quadras, clubs, inter-type relationships even reinin dichotomies etc is very much what socionics is about. Thus it is a Good Thing to mention them I would not pay too much attention to tests as there exists no reliable socionics tests. You can play around with them though but chances are they might mislead you. Then again they might provide insight.

    Functions/information elements and perhaps also temperaments is an ok starting point. Quadra values too but then it easily gets a bit confusing as there are so many moving targets to track. So many possible misinterpretations to make.

    This summary page might be helpful
    http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?t...mation_element

    Then these to see the difference between having or as leading function
    http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?t...rted_intuition
    http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?t...rted_intuition

    You also mentioned something about relating to Ne/Fi/Si/Te in some test. Forget the test and read about those elements and see if you really relate to them. Relating to that combination over Ni/Fe/Se/Ti is a good argument for ENFp > INFp.

  20. #20
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I agree with XoX. Read the wiki - read the various IE descriptions at http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?t...mation_element - and not even just Ne and Ni. If you're reading through them and you have a negative reaction to one, that'll help too.

    The tricky thing about Ne and Ni is that ENFps and INFps are both strong at both. They *prefer* one over the other but both might sound like good functions if you're strong in both. Whether you like Te or Ti, and Se or Si, might help too because they're your weak functions, but one of each is a function you're weak at but like, and the other is a function you're weak at and don't like.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain


    You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

  21. #21
    tereg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    TIM
    EII/INFj
    Posts
    4,684
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    INFj

    9w1 sp/sx

  22. #22
    So fluffeh. Cuddly McFluffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    2,780
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm looking through Ni right now.

    ...can lead to a highly developed imagination and very unique mental world, but it can also result in a great deal of laziness and apparent inactivity.
    *cough*

    I'll let you know what the end result is.

    EDIT: Well...I don't know. It looks like there's a definite difference between IEE and IEI. I'll have to go through IEI with a highlighter and see how I come out. One thing I have noticed is that my T comes out more online (I have time to think before posting). At the same time, my deep, inner world also comes out more while online (I think), and so does my hyperness (I can't see the people who are disapproving of me). Interesting.
    Last edited by Cuddly McFluffles; 02-15-2008 at 05:42 PM.
    Johari/Nohari

    "Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

    Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

  23. #23
    So fluffeh. Cuddly McFluffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    2,780
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Bump for a question. EII is the IEE mirror type, and a lot of it fits me. Can I take EII traits and...transfer them somewhat to an IEE? Their processes are very close, just switched slightly.

    BTW, does anyone else see EIE and think "E-I-E-I-O"?
    Last edited by Cuddly McFluffles; 02-18-2008 at 04:32 PM.
    Johari/Nohari

    "Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

    Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

  24. #24
    aka Slacker Slacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Korea
    TIM
    IEE
    Posts
    8,819
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It should be much harder to tell which you are between EII and IEE than IEE and IEI.

    You could read about temperments on the wiki. http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Temperament That might help some.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain


    You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

  25. #25
    So fluffeh. Cuddly McFluffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    2,780
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    It should be much harder to tell which you are between EII and IEE than IEE and IEI.

    You could read about temperaments on the wiki. http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Temperament That might help some.
    Thanks. I have little problem with things not changing (unless I am dissatisfied with that particular thing), but other than that (and being only slightly initiating), I'm EP.
    Johari/Nohari

    "Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

    Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

  26. #26
    So fluffeh. Cuddly McFluffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    TIM
    ESI
    Posts
    2,780
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    I agree with XoX. Read the wiki - read the various IE descriptions at http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?t...mation_element - and not even just Ne and Ni. If you're reading through them and you have a negative reaction to one, that'll help too.

    The tricky thing about Ne and Ni is that ENFps and INFps are both strong at both. They *prefer* one over the other but both might sound like good functions if you're strong in both. Whether you like Te or Ti, and Se or Si, might help too because they're your weak functions, but one of each is a function you're weak at but like, and the other is a function you're weak at and don't like.
    I don't understand all of it, but I identify with Si. That said, I don't identify with the role it plays in either IEI or IEE. I'm aware of how my body feels. I just choose to ignore it in favor of other things - at least, until it crashes and I have to do something. Oh - and I'm so Fe at times that it annoys me (I hate being so bound to what others think of me).

    More later; my brain has stopped focusing, and I must go relax it. *goes to work on story*

    EDIT: OK, doing better. Still procrastinating. Read Fi vocab and identified, liked the words. Read Fe vocab. I really shouldn't do that again...the resulting energy rush feels uncomfortable. I read the Real-life example of Fi on WikiSocion and was extremely disgusted. I hate manipulation. That said, I'm good at it on some small level (high-level's too much work). I am good at hiding my emotions, and I often convey more than I feel in an attempt to keep others from disapproving of my lack of interest in what they're saying.
    Last edited by Cuddly McFluffles; 02-19-2008 at 09:52 PM.
    Johari/Nohari

    "Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

    Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •