Thread: ok kids what have we learned

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ok kids what have we learned

I propose listing something about your polr that is valuable, and invite your supervisors and conflictors to tell you if youre totally off. I'll go first.

Se is important to make sure you are not letting life pass you by. Not that Se polrs will always do so, but Se can prevent it from happening. Se dominants won't always have meaningful lives but Se can prevent an Se polr from losing track of being in the moment.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still haven't went to bed yet. And I really need to. (This has nothing to do with my PoLR.)

Signs of the dastardly Te PoLR:

I can't be bothered with factual details, and don't keep my facts straight.

I may call things by the wrong or imprecise name or word and then when someone corrects me I will say "whatever" and continue on with what I was saying (only if it's trivial whatever that is).

I know that I don't know a lot of specific things off the top of my head, and am aware of this as a vulnerability.

I don't seem to pay much attention to things going on around me a fair amount of the time. Then later I will have "revelations" about something terribly mundane because a few vague things that I wasn't really paying attention to to begin with suddenly click into place and reveal to me the obvious. Sometimes I can even manage to somewhat embarrass myself in such situations.

I seem to like to speculate and theorize and am not particularly concerned about whether that's grounded in reality (up to a point). This is Ti not balanced with equal Te.

I hated history class in high school. It was a bunch of dates and events and facts about often boring things that I was not interested in. (This is not to say I'm not interested in all of history, just that I'm not interested in boring memorization of facts about history.) My strategy was to know which facts would be on the test, quickly memorize them, spit it out on the test and be done with it. In other words, I found it irritating that I had to bother with this seemingly trivial memorization exercise.

My natural tendency is to ignore factual explanations in favor of my "insights." I am aware this can lead to trouble, and so I try to keep it reasonably reasonable.

I am also aware of holding back certain things when talking to others in favor of preserving Fe. Sometimes it can feel like an Fe-Te tug-of-war.

I tend to have difficulty finding things because I didn't pay attention to where I put them to begin with. This isn't strongly linked to Te-PoLR in my case as it comes and goes... and depends on how much of a mess I'm living in as well.

I could go on... but no...

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington View Post
    Se is important to make sure you are not letting life pass you by. Not that Se polrs will always do so, but Se can prevent it from happening. Se dominants won't always have meaningful lives but Se can prevent an Se polr from losing track of being in the moment.
    I avoid trying to get help from supervisors and conflictors on a personal level. I might watch and learn from a distance but I'll never ask directly.
    Since asking for advice puts you in weak position and when you are being confronted with someone who functional views you negatively you come off as something to be strongly disliked. And it is very likely they will purposely walk all over you (overly judge you) to strengthen themselves.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ne is useful when you are stuck, to find a nice way out instead of just pushing through or letting it go.
    LSI

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oops. I think what I need to learn is to read the post topic. (sorry)

Confusion: for some reason this sounds like it could be Si or Se?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fe is important for convincing people to sleep with you?
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's polr mean?..seriously

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I know that I don't know a lot of specific things off the top of my head, and am aware of this as a vulnerability.

I don't seem to pay much attention to things going on around me a fair amount of the time. Then later I will have "revelations" about something terribly mundane because a few vague things that I wasn't really paying attention to to begin with suddenly click into place and reveal to me the obvious. Sometimes I can even manage to somewhat embarrass myself in such situations.

My natural tendency is to ignore factual explanations in favor of my "insights." I am aware this can lead to trouble, and so I try to keep it reasonably reasonable.

I am also aware of holding back certain things when talking to others in favor of preserving Fe. Sometimes it can feel like an Fe-Te tug-of-war.

I tend to have difficulty finding things because I didn't pay attention to where I put them to begin with. This isn't strongly linked to Te-PoLR in my case as it comes and goes... and depends on how much of a mess I'm living in as well.
    I've cut out some of the post above.

I think it's interesting that you seem to link becoming aware of overlooked facts as beneficial to insights and then saying that you favor the insights. This isn't contradictory but I see it's common for polrs to have this sort of whiplash sort of effect.. really strong or really weak, random almost, and it's not the person's doing when the polr's used well.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Oops. I think what I need to learn is to read the post topic. (sorry)

Confusion: for some reason this sounds like it could be Si or Se?
    um.. I don't know. I do think that Si helps me to "appreciate" life, but at some point I feel that i started to appreciate actually participating in it .. there just seems to be total avoidance or devaluing of physical experience as absolutely necessary in large doses to an INTj. I could just "imagine" the "possibilities", and am quite satisfied with that most times.

But I think this is the point of comprehending your socionic mortality -- you do not pay attention to your devalued functions but they are still part of life/reality. If you value reality then you value all functions. This, sparked in part by seeing my conflictor, liveandletlive, say that she found that Ti was in fact important at times.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

um.. I don't know. I do think that Si helps me to "appreciate" life, but at some point I feel that i started to appreciate actually participating in it
    Actually that makes sense: appreciation (more in the Si realm) vs. participation (more in the Se realm).

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

to be honest i don't see how anybody could say that Fi was not important. relationships are everything. and i say that with a clear Fi polr.

swhy i hafta rely on me Fe peeps to keep me on track, cause i can't do it myself.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine Lively View Post
    to be honest i don't see how anybody could say that Fi was not important. relationships are everything. and i say that with a clear Fi polr.

swhy i hafta rely on me Fe peeps to keep me on track, cause i can't do it myself.
    yeah I feel many times that it's not important to the way I live, but my feelings might change once I have a kid/adopt/get a dog.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think all of the IM elements are equally important... I mean if I don't "value" an IM element in the Socionics sense, it's not that I don't think it's important or even that it isn't important to me. It's more that it gets shifted to the bottom of the IM processing priority list... Though it may be dealt with in my mind as though it is of "less importance," in a more objective sense I know that it is equally important.

For instance, Te and Fe I think work well in shutting each other down so to speak... this isn't a negative thing because a worldview that's all Te with no Fe or all Fe with no Te would be very insane indeed. They don't complete each other, but they do sort of zero each other out (so that neither gets way out of hand).

So even though Te may be my PoLR, I do not under value its importance in how I think of it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm.. something valuable about Fe. Is social reputation Fe-related? If so, being aware of your social reputation and how to maintain it could be a good use of Fe. If it's not Fe-related.. well, I'm pretty much screwed.
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    Haha i'm just fucking with ya. I guess Fe is important to let other people know where you stand on certain issues that mean alot to the person. It also allows easy bonds to be established between people?? Cmon help me out here people.

- Voltaire

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know how to put into words what Fe is good for, lol.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cmon loki you seem to have this inhuman ability to explain everything, help a guy out here

- Voltaire

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    Cmon loki you seem to have this inhuman ability to explain everything, help a guy out here
    On the contrary, I seem to have a really hard time explaining anything.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People need more time than you do to come to decisions, reveal themselves, or figure things out. Try not to become impatient or force things out of people if things are not going as well as they could be. Putting some effort into maintaining good relations with others can yield positive results.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^I think that's what UDP learned about his PoLR... .. .... ... . .. .

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fe is really good at annoying people and making them hate you. All you have to do is make a corny joke, then sit back and watch as they tear your personal character into little pieces. You'll feel like crying, but that's ok, these attacks will make you strong and cautious about when to use Fe.
    Man, that makes me hate Fe even more!

- Voltaire

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fe is good for helping people have fun. I think.

To answer Ms. K's question: My PoLR is good for keeping things from stagnating. I think.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh dear, I misread MsKs post : /

What is my polr good for?

Ni - Not being so focused on whatever I'm feeling or thinking at the moment. It is good at reminding people what they need to do to make sure everything goes well. It is good for planning and staying on schedule.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh well. I have 8 PoLRs, so it's ok.

hahhahahhaha.

Creepy-Diana

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Wow, that is like... really well written.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    The Ne story-teller creates characters and storylines that branch and hold in wonder the reader to the very end. The stories are complex and involving. The Ne polr writer pulls on past experience and creates a rich and touching story based on real life, or crafts short stories based on a theme or idea that is begun, rounded out and comes to a conclusion naturally. Long involved fictional writing may be pursued but feels shallow and undeveloped. Non-fiction writing on the other hand could easily outshine Ne attempts.

New situations are also a good demonstration of the usefulness of Ne. The Ne person quickly sees many ways something could go, and knows the choices.
    Thanks, Diana. Could you give some examples of an Ne writer and an Se writer?

Also what is Ni type speculation? I feel that Ne is often seen as the speculative type. Then you said that an Ne person sees the way something could go, so in a sense it is not speculation?

Creepy-Diana