Results 1 to 28 of 28

Thread: -

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    169
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ...
    Last edited by Dee; 02-26-2009 at 03:03 AM.

  2. #2
    I'm back, assholes! Herzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    5,098
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    I tried this test, but I don't see how it actually gives you any new information that you don't know already.
    , Se-sub
    8w8-3w8-7w8 sx/sx

  3. #3
    Let's go to fairyland Minde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Amongst the stars
    TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Posts
    4,078
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Dee, why should I cooperate with you if you will not cooperate with me?
    INFj / EII / FiNe
    ()


    "Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." - G.K. Chesterton

    "Have courage and be kind." - Cinderella's mom

  4. #4
    Let's go to fairyland Minde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Amongst the stars
    TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Posts
    4,078
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    listen, i've calmed down a bit already and honestly i'm sorry i was such a dick, now please do the test
    I will be happy to do so once I've seen that you really are going to be considerate of other people.
    INFj / EII / FiNe
    ()


    "Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." - G.K. Chesterton

    "Have courage and be kind." - Cinderella's mom

  5. #5
    Let's go to fairyland Minde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Amongst the stars
    TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Posts
    4,078
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Think of other people and what they want.

    For example, many people here have complained about your multiple posts in a row. That would be an excellent place to start improving yourself.
    INFj / EII / FiNe
    ()


    "Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." - G.K. Chesterton

    "Have courage and be kind." - Cinderella's mom

  6. #6
    Elro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    2,796
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    also, noone reads the same posts again, ok?
    I do, sometimes, and usually your multiple posts happen a few minutes apart. Not many people check the forum every other minute; if you edit your posts (which is what I think you meant) most would see the edited version.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

    Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.


    I pity your souls

  7. #7
    Let's go to fairyland Minde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Amongst the stars
    TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Posts
    4,078
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    yes, but you see, i don't WORK this way. things just come to me whenever they want. also, noone reads the same posts again, ok?
    It's your choice... If you cooperate with me, I'll cooperate with you.

    But I think I see what your problem is. Your thoughts come to you quickly and sporadically, not all at the same time. You are afraid that if you don't write them down right away you'll forget them, right? Perhaps if you kept a notebook by your computer you could write down your thoughts and then once you've finished that train of thought, then you put it into a post.

    And, yes, also what Elro said.
    INFj / EII / FiNe
    ()


    "Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." - G.K. Chesterton

    "Have courage and be kind." - Cinderella's mom

  8. #8
    reyn_til_runa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    1,009
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    dee,

    what exactly are you trying to accomplish in this test?

    if i understood that, i might be able to give more constructive feedback.

    that said, your approach as ive seen it thus far seems centered around questions that are too subjective and, as a result, answer options that are unquantifiable, will vary from person to person, etc. i cannot provide you with reliable results, for example, by saying "i sort of like" something. that says absolutely nothing that can be readily understood by another person.
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

    Jerry, The Zoo Story by Edward Albee

  9. #9
    reyn_til_runa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    1,009
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    like is valued. i think the stats averages things out to show the actual stuff.
    come again?
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

    Jerry, The Zoo Story by Edward Albee

  10. #10
    reyn_til_runa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    1,009
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    hmm. can you define "valued" in regards to functions?
    certainly not in terms of "like," "sort of like," and "don't like."
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

    Jerry, The Zoo Story by Edward Albee

  11. #11
    Let's go to fairyland Minde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Amongst the stars
    TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Posts
    4,078
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    not really, just i don't wanna write uselessly if you know what i mean.
    Dee, what you write right now is useless. It's scattered, incomprehensible, and annoying - therefore few people are going to read or pay any attention to it or you. In which case, you might as well not write at all. (This may sound harsh, but I intend it for your good.)

    If you want people to pay attention to you, you have to give them a reason to want to. So, tell me, why would anyone want to read what you have to say? How does it benefit them?
    INFj / EII / FiNe
    ()


    "Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." - G.K. Chesterton

    "Have courage and be kind." - Cinderella's mom

  12. #12
    I'm back, assholes! Herzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    5,098
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    sorry, that didn't make any sense, what?
    How does that not make sense to you? In order to take the test itself, you have to know what all the functions are. Therefore, whatever you get out of the test isn't going to give anyone insight that they don't know already. All it did was tell me that I'm Beta, which is a no-brainer for anyone to figure out if they know jack shit about anything related to Socionics.
    , Se-sub
    8w8-3w8-7w8 sx/sx

  13. #13
    I'm back, assholes! Herzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    5,098
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    first, you don't come as an INFJ to me, more like an INTJ with what you just wrote about "why" and "reasons".
    Anyone who says bullshit like this immediately loses all credibility to make Socionics tests. Not that you had any in the first place, though.
    , Se-sub
    8w8-3w8-7w8 sx/sx

  14. #14
    reyn_til_runa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    1,009
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    dee is like that bowl claiming to be a colander, yet failing, at prime spaghetti drainage time.
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

    Jerry, The Zoo Story by Edward Albee

  15. #15
    I'm back, assholes! Herzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    5,098
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    Who says you need 64 variables? Your test will most likely just confuse people even more.
    , Se-sub
    8w8-3w8-7w8 sx/sx

  16. #16
    I'm back, assholes! Herzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    5,098
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    i don't see a point in explaining to you as you will just come up with any Ti to shut me down, babe, good buy. you to, RTR.
    I wouln't be "shutting you down" if your test didn't completely suck. If someone can't figure out their type, it's highly unlikely that they'll be able to figure out your test either. Use this as food for thought for your next test: If a random n00b who knows absolutely nothing about Socionics stumbles upon your test and wants to find their type, will they be able to?
    , Se-sub
    8w8-3w8-7w8 sx/sx

  17. #17
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Dee


    Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    and besides, i really don't think this is a problem at all. at least not of the Fi nature.

    Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    Think of other people and what they want.

    For example, many people here have complained about your multiple posts in a row. That would be an excellent place to start improving yourself.
    Your posting style is a problem to others.
    That is the case. There is no question or uncertainty there.


    It doesn't matter what you think about it.


    If you don't really think it is a problem, then you aren't really taking into consideration other people. And if this is the case, why should other people take you or anything you say seriously?
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  18. #18
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It doesn't matter what I think, so why are you asking me
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    75
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Sorry, but this test seems pretty useless. Someone could only get accurate results from this if they had enough experience with socionics to both type those around them and recognize function usage IRL. In which case, they probably wouldn't need a test to determine their type. For all their flaws, your previous tests were much better than this.
    delta nf (?) ... 4w5 (?)

  20. #20

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    890
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I couldn't open the file but kudos to you for trying out a new test, dee.

    By the way, your posting style has never bothered me in the past. Unless I'm missing something major since I've been away, this thread sounds like a lot of petty whining about nothing.

  21. #21
    Snomunegot munenori2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Posts
    7,739
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    While dee does seem like a superball bouncing around like crazy, I'm not sure why there's such a big problem with it. You can always just glide on by his posts if you like or tune in when you like. Whether he makes sense or not, or tries to make sense or not, is his perogative. Judging from the constancy of how he posts things, I don't think that aspect is going to change. It just seems to be a part of his nature, whatever socionically fascinating tidbits that offers.

    That said, I can't take this test in any sort of an unbiased fashion. Also, those who were new to socionics wouldn't be on any sort of basis to do so either. Your previous tests, dee, had a little more potential than this one.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

  22. #22
    Let's go to fairyland Minde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Amongst the stars
    TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Posts
    4,078
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by astralsilky View Post
    By the way, your posting style has never bothered me in the past. Unless I'm missing something major since I've been away, this thread sounds like a lot of petty whining about nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    While dee does seem like a superball bouncing around like crazy, I'm not sure why there's such a big problem with it. You can always just glide on by his posts if you like or tune in when you like. Whether he makes sense or not, or tries to make sense or not, is his perogative. Judging from the constancy of how he posts things, I don't think that aspect is going to change. It just seems to be a part of his nature, whatever socionically fascinating tidbits that offers.
    This may sound odd, but the reason I said anything at all is because I feel twinges of sympathy for him and occasionally some (perhaps deluded) hope for him to improve himself. It's not really about his posting style or even about me personally finding him annoying. He asked for an example and that was the first and most obvious one that came to mind. It's deeper than that, though. It's about his attitude towards other people and how that affects his relationships.

    This is the type of thing that is really obvious to me (even if I don't always follow my own advice) and from my perspective it's rather like watching someone shoot themselves in the foot. I guess it's probably best to let it go, huh?
    INFj / EII / FiNe
    ()


    "Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." - G.K. Chesterton

    "Have courage and be kind." - Cinderella's mom

  23. #23
    Snomunegot munenori2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Posts
    7,739
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    This is the type of thing that is really obvious to me (even if I don't always follow my own advice) and from my perspective it's rather like watching someone shoot themselves in the foot. I guess it's probably best to let it go, huh?
    Not always, but generally I don't hold out much hope for people changing themselves unless they're asking for help and genuinely willing to take what's offered. This just seems to be the 'way' dee is (not that it's wholly a bad thing). He sees things through his lenses and damn the rest. That can result in either an immense insight or an equal blindness, or both. I certainly don't blame your impulse. Rather I was just plumbing the depths of what your posts meant, which I apparently misunderstood after my own fashion (as we are all wont to do).
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

  24. #24
    Snomunegot munenori2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Posts
    7,739
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    i mean i even crindge due to having to go through the hello-thank you routines at shops. dealing with people is always a tense issue. i'm afraid like hell of people accusing me of being bad/unethical/sending me away, etc. it just literally fucks me up. i tense up, i feel shit, i hate myself, i force myself to go on for goodness sake...
    Don't beat yourself up too much over that. A lot of people probably do that to some extent (though perhaps they care less?) so as long as you're being yourself, what more can you ask? Heck, I even worry about the same things from time to time, though I'm guessing my insecurities spring from a different fountain, so to speak. Just do yer best!
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

  25. #25
    I'm back, assholes! Herzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    5,098
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    i mean i even crindge due to having to go through the hello-thank you routines at shops. dealing with people is always a tense issue. i'm afraid like hell of people accusing me of being bad/unethical/sending me away, etc. it just literally fucks me up. i tense up, i feel shit, i hate myself, i force myself to go on for goodness sake...
    I never have any issues with what you've mentioned here, to be honest. If fact, I'm quite adept at the "hello/thank you" routine you've mentioned. I don't really care if people see me as bad/unethical, because I don't have any use for those people, anyways. PoLR is a whole lot less straightforward than that, and it rarely causes or involves direct confrontations and the like.
    , Se-sub
    8w8-3w8-7w8 sx/sx

  26. #26
    The Iniquitous inumbra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    954
    Posts
    5,989
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Herzy
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee
    i mean i even crindge due to having to go through the hello-thank you routines at shops. dealing with people is always a tense issue. i'm afraid like hell of people accusing me of being bad/unethical/sending me away, etc. it just literally fucks me up. i tense up, i feel shit, i hate myself, i force myself to go on for goodness sake...
    I never have any issues with what you've mentioned here, to be honest. If fact, I'm quite adept at the "hello/thank you" routine you've mentioned. I don't really care if people see me as bad/unethical, because I don't have any use for those people, anyways. PoLR is a whole lot less straightforward than that, and it rarely causes or involves direct confrontations and the like.
    I used to think the sort of thing Dee mentioned was more related to PoLR, or just weak unvalued Fe. But I have gradually changed my mind... in that... it could just mean that one is out of "social energy" for the day, or just feeling irritable and unenergetic.

  27. #27
    reyn_til_runa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    1,009
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    i think actually most certainly i must have Fi polr as it's usage causes physical level pain even. what other function i mean does that for goodness sake. i dislike Se to be honest. i think i just switched to my superego as i was getting so many polr hits recently from UDP, Minde, attacks of other natures from reyn-til-runa, Herzy and many other people. i mean ceertainly one would be using role a lot lol, or does f* socionics even exists if not, lol
    this comes as a surprise. care to explain yourself?
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

    Jerry, The Zoo Story by Edward Albee

  28. #28
    reyn_til_runa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    1,009
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    have u thought of infj for you?
    not seriously. i don't see what this has to do with my "attacks of other natures."
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

    Jerry, The Zoo Story by Edward Albee

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •