Thread: Straight MBTT-Socionics Conversions

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Straight MBTT-Socionics Conversions

There's two dead-simple theories on how to convert introvert types from Socionics to MBTT and vice versa:

A. IXXX=>IXXX
    B. IXXX=>IXXY

Now, I find this interesting:
    Socionics defines functional extroversion as dealing with bodies (e) versus fields (i).
    MBTT defines functional extroversion as whether it seeks stimulation (e) or concentration (i).
    Socionics defines functional order as whether something is accepting (1) or producing (2).
    MBTT defines functional order as whether something is dominant (1) or auxiliary (2).

For conversion A to hold true, it would imply that 1/e and 2/i are transposed.
    For conversion B to hold true, the definitions of the phenomena must be consistent.

Other cases would indicate a more complex conversion process. For example they might need to take subtype into account, or some functional traits might match a certain way where certain others do not. In the case of introvert sensors however, it seems there is a fairly strong match to A, such that Se2 and Si1 are transposed, along with the function they are paired with.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how about the following:

ABCD ==> EFGh

where E = A or ~A, F = B or ~B, G = C or ~C, and h = D or ~D

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All your problems would be solved if you associated socionics with the "tri-letter code"
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    All your problems would be solved if you associated socionics with the "tri-letter code"
    YES. Fuck, why don't people take this on board? Then sensible correlations could be made, and only idiots like Phaedrus would come up with shitty theories that are over-simplified and impractical.
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    and only idiots like Phaedrus
    I understand you disagree with him, but there is no need to imitate his social skills
    The future of Socionics:
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Many black Americans are SEE type.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    There's two dead-simple theories on how to convert introvert types from Socionics to MBTT and vice versa:

A. IXXX=>IXXX
    B. IXXX=>IXXY
    lolol awesome

Here is a simpler formula for conversion :

(insert socionic type here) = RTRD

RTRD the 17th Myersian type.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17 View Post
    how about the following:

ABCD ==> EFGh

where E = A or ~A, F = B or ~B, G = C or ~C, and h = D or ~D
    This has the advantage of working in 100% of all cases, but unfortunately has zero explanatory power.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    I already do that.

But this is about how to convert between the two systems. Not how to describe their content. Someone could be an "MBTI LII" just as easily as they can be a "Socionics INTJ". It's just a labeling system.

That said, there's two simple ways to convert introverts using the freaking 3-letter code:

A. XYI=>XYI
    B. XYI=>YXI

Every other consistent conversion theory (for introverts, i.e. assuming they aren't extroverts in either system) has to be based on some combination of these two.
    Example: "'A' applies to sensors, whereas 'B' applies to intuitives."

It's a consistent theory. It's more complex than A or B. But you had to have A and B to build it from.
    Of course I doubt it's that simple. Perhaps subtype plays a role.

Example: "'A' applies to subtype X, 'B' applies to subtype Y."

Again, it's probably less than adequate for the situation. But at least it has a rational starting point that we can work from.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra
    why don't people take this on board? Then sensible correlations could be made, and only idiots like Phaedrus would come up with shitty theories that are over-simplified and impractical.
    The thing I like about Phaedrus is that he has a self-consistent theory about this. It's probably wrong (at least for a sizable percentage of non-sensors) but at least it is a theory.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This has the advantage of working in 100% of all cases, but unfortunately has zero explanatory power.
    your other options have negative explanatory power.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I already do that.

But this is about how to convert between the two systems. Not how to describe their content. Someone could be an "MBTI LII" just as easily as they can be a "Socionics INTJ". It's just a labeling system.
    Why bother?
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think you can really convert between the two systems... it will be different per the individual.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I don't think you can really convert between the two systems... it will be different per the individual.
    Probably. But the exceptions to a rule are where you learn to improve the rule. You can't examine the exceptions properly without a rule to start with.

Newtonian physics predicts some things that aren't correct in the real universe. Hence Einsteinian physics. But it would be tough to grasp Special Relativity without first understanding Newtonian physics. SR is about exceptions to the rule.

@niffweed17:
    If you don't understand what I'm getting at, you really shouldn't comment.