TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Sensing evil?

Is this related to type?

I've been told that I have a very good eye of knowing basically how decent a person is just by looking at them. Usually though I won't have the social power to confront them so I'll just stay away from them.

Other people kinda go "Ooh I'll give him a chance." Or "He's not that bad." Or "I'm being a pussy. He'll make me stronger."

But me I'm like "He's shit. Stay away from him." And I almost always end up being right.

I'm not talking about somebody I just personally wouldn't get along with, but a pure raw hater that doesn't give a shit about anyone or anything. So more like 'he's shit' is something we all end up agreeing with. Those certain somebodies that even their closest friends turn their back to at the end.

And that's why I'm wary about meeting new people. I don't want to like....force myself to interact with somebody I know that's pure shit. You know?

Btw, I'm asking cause nobody on this forum is bad- so that's why I kinda like it here.

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eh. I wouldn't believe this own "power" of yours if I were you, tbqh. It's just sort of wrong to think you can really know if a person is evil or not by "sensing" it ... This brings up a shitload of questions anyhow. What IS evil? What constitutes an evil person? Is your version of evil more subjective ?

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I mean he's (or she, but it's usually a he) a type of person that's not good for the entire fucking world. It's not a subjective thing at all. It's me using my powers to save the entire world. I think we all have abilities that can help us do that. Whether it be simple physical strength or deep intuitive abilities....

And yes, I am right by staying away....but so is everybody else. But a lot of people don't learn it until it's too late, but I'm still alive because I knew how to stay away. I know that running away doesn't always mean you're a coward.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yeah. It's a primal "I just know because I know, damnit" type of thing. And since I think we all have this power, I don't know why so many of us shut it off. One shouldn't shut off their carnal instincts.... maybe it's a beta thing.

But it's not just fight or flight, not really sole physical safety, but all sorts of who you are as a person is at stake....and so many others too. Maybe not the 'world' but your own society, which does end up being 'your world.'

It's not just about fleeing from people who are physically stronger than you more like- fleeing from people who will psychologically destroy you. There's nothing 'to help' in those people, so I wish people would stop acting like they have anything in them to 'save.' There isn't good in everybody, we just have to accept that somehow. We have to prepare ourselves for a final battle between good and evil, because believe me- it's coming. I can't be the only one that's feeling this.

lol I sound like a 700 club fundie! But it's true. Just not in the way they're thinking. They don't know what side they're on. Assholes.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I view people as having "light" inside them. If you look deeply enough into them you can find it... the part of them that loves, that feels, that is good and full of compassion. With most people it's easy to see. With some people, it is everywhere and shines through them. With other people it's buried and very hard to see. If it's very hidden like that then this will make me wary of the person... it becomes a question of if I am strong enough to deal with it. If I am, I will be kind to them, I will want to show them what I see inside them, but probably will be too skittish to do so. If I'm not, I will stay away from them. It's easy to see it. But seeing it is not enough. In this way I don't really believe in evil, not in people... We can create it as we can create any illusion, but it isn't real.
    Last edited by marooned; 08-04-2008 at 04:51 AM. Reason: o_o

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know what you mean with that, B&D. You get a sense that someone is "not in touch" with other people, like they are acting on some completely different wavelength. Everything about them seems exagerrated, and something about their features seems unusual and ... predatory. When Fe types think of someone as "creepy", this tends to be what they're talking about.

I recently posted a thread about Sephiroth (a fictional representation as such) that discusses their mindset.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I understand exactly what you mean. I can walk into a room and know pretty immediately who is OK and who is trouble. Particularly if I have a minute or two to talk to someone. I don't know what function it is or what types are involved but I get that completely. It's like getting a vibe off someone.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I keep away from people who have thick eyelashes - is that what people mean? Also, if I see someone murdering another person, I tend to get a bad vibe from that person, you know? I can't really explain it, it's just one of those things. I like to think that I am an honourable person - everyone else just creeps me out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isn't this related to Fi? Having a more static outlook on relationship/feelings. I myself find that pretty much everyone I've met have some "good" in them.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I understand exactly what you mean. I can walk into a room and know pretty immediately who is OK and who is trouble. Particularly if I have a minute or two to talk to someone. I don't know what function it is or what types are involved but I get that completely. It's like getting a vibe off someone.
    YES. That's exactly it! Slacker Mom understands this better than anyone, no offense.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    YES. That's exactly it! Slacker Mom understands this better than anyone, no offense.

My point exactly.

http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?t...overted_ethics

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    That would be Fi responding to Ne, right? -Ne intuits that someone is up to no good, and Fi creates the characterizations that allow you to anticipate their behavior. "I've seen this somewhere before..."

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean View Post
    I keep away from people who have thick eyelashes - is that what people mean? Also, if I see someone murdering another person, I tend to get a bad vibe from that person, you know? I can't really explain it, it's just one of those things. I like to think that I am an honourable person - everyone else just creeps me out.
    Somewhat, but I come at it from a perspective, so I just sense fundamental laws and categorical imperatives being broken, though sometimes I pick up a -vibe telling me that they are not a very efficient murderer and do not know how to dispose of the body properly.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i've looked at people before who just make me wince. it's almost like a really gross visceral "EW!" that makes me want to distance myself from them. this is the closest thing i've really had to that sensation, but i think i've had it.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by implied View Post
    i've looked at people before who just make me wince. it's almost like a really gross visceral "EW!" that makes me want to distance myself from them. this is the closest thing i've really had to that sensation, but i think i've had it.
    Do they smell? Is it purely on their looks? Can it be something like teeth missing or something?

Did you know that the distance between both eyes is the same in just about every person? And if it changes from this statistical norm that it can the give impression that the person is either evil or of lower intelligence?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Comming at it from a different pespective I've seen ego Fi's "bad feeling" for someone provoke a conflict in-and-of itself.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Do they smell? Is it purely on their looks? Can it be something like teeth missing or something?

Did you know that the distance between both eyes is the same in just about every person? And if it changes from this statistical norm that it can the give impression that the person is either evil or of lower intelligence?
    oh my god. that's the weirdest thing i've ever heard.

no, it was purely looks-based/first impression and had nothing to do with their scent. but by god that can really change the way i feel about a person! honestly, the two people i can think of who have provoked this response in me had done absolutely nothing to me to provoke the response. it was just a sort of "ew!" thing that i can't really explain. an "ugly" appearance didn't have anything to do with it. the first guy who provoked this response in me was probably stereotypically closer to what most people would consider "good looking."
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by Cudcat View Post
    Comming at it from a different pespective I've seen ego Fi's "bad feeling" for someone provoke a conflict in-and-of itself.
    Have you seen that in both men and women?

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carla View Post
    I keep away from people with eye patches. It means they're pirates.
    But pirates are exciting.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Have you seen that in both men and women?
    Only in women so far.

EDIT: I've thought about it some more and I've seen it in some of my friends too, although then it worked out to my benefit since they decided that I was a good guy for no apparent reason.
    Last edited by Cudcat; 02-09-2008 at 09:34 AM.

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow.

I find this topic extremely offensive for some reason, and I am shocked that there are not more replies going against the OP & the posters that have agreed to the OP's "sense" of evil in others based on first impressions.

I really, really disagree with the statement B&D made about how there are people out there who are truly evil. Call me overly childish, silly, anything ... but I just can't bring myself to believe that there does not lie Good in everyone, even a tiny bit. No matter how obscured or hidden, Good is still there.

This view of thinking people are "evil" and then staying away from them without giving them any chance at all - wow... uh, are you serious? All it does is breed hatred. No matter WHAT my first impression of ANYONE is, I will always be glad to retract it. I am not discounting the validity of first impressions themselves, or the fact that we have them.

I am merely saying that I do not believe that these sentiments can be true all of the time, especially in the context of considering a certain person "evil."

Oh EDIT: I figured out why I am so offended. It is because a lot of people in real life have had totally wrong first impressions about me, and I just hate, hate, hate pre-judgement of anyone or anything. Yeah, it happens, but PLEASE try to limit it! This is where stereotypes come from, it's like a breeding ground for intolerance.

Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux View Post
    Wow.

I find this topic extremely offensive for some reason, and I am shocked that there are not more replies going against the OP & the posters that have agreed to the OP's "sense" of evil in others based on first impressions.

I really, really disagree with the statement B&D made about how there are people out there who are truly evil. Call me overly childish, silly, anything ... but I just can't bring myself to believe that there does not lie Good in everyone, even a tiny bit. No matter how obscured or hidden, Good is still there.

This view of thinking people are "evil" and then staying away from them without giving them any chance at all - wow... uh, are you serious? All it does is breed hatred. No matter WHAT my first impression of ANYONE is, I will always be glad to retract it. I am not discounting the validity of first impressions themselves, or the fact that we have them.

I am merely saying that I do not believe that these sentiments can be true all of the time, especially in the context of considering a certain person "evil."

Oh EDIT: I figured out why I am so offended. It is because a lot of people in real life have had totally wrong first impressions about me, and I just hate, hate, hate pre-judgement of anyone or anything. Yeah, it happens, but PLEASE try to limit it! This is where stereotypes come from, it's like a breeding ground for intolerance.
    ^ The above poster obviously does not have the evil vibe sensing function. Too bad. It could have saved her life. ^
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe I haven't been exposed to enough people, but I don't think you can write anyone off completely as "evil", especially just upon seeing them.

I completely understand if this is referring to a subjective sense of "I don't like that person" ... but an objective sense of "evil"? No, I don't believe in this.

(and at the INxjs... always make me laugh)

TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    ^ The above poster obviously does not have the evil vibe sensing function. Too bad. It could have saved her life. ^
    Yes, I am now dead

Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sensing evil? lol.. I wonder if I'm the only one who immidiately thought of paladins. (if you didn't get this, then you are not geek enough).
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually paladins detect evil, they don't sense it. But it's close enough in my world.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I sensed evil from Dolphin when she posted her vid.
    *see reason for editing...lol
    Last edited by cracka; 02-09-2008 at 08:37 PM. Reason: HEAVY SARCASM IS IMPLIED HERE!

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I fully believe it is possible to read another person's evil intent towards me purely from their facial features - I avoid everybody, and I have never come to harm! So there's your proof! For some reason, people stare at me when I peer out through the gaps in the curtains at all hours of the day - who do they think they are staring at my windows? It's not like I go round to other people's houses and stare at their windows - even if I wanted to, I spend too much time staring at other people staring at me. Fucking weirdos.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm really surprised by the responses. I figured everyone would say, "That has nothing to do with Socionics because everyone does that."
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah but we've all been thinking BulletsAndDoves is INFp. Maybe this points away from that?
    -Mark Twain

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^I don't think so... I mean I don't think this would be some sort of definitive way to tell if someone is Fe or Fi valuing...

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm really surprised by the responses. I figured everyone would say, "That has nothing to do with Socionics because everyone does that."
    That makes sense, since it's related to one of your ego elements.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    ^I don't think so... I mean I don't think this would be some sort of definitive way to tell if someone is Fe or Fi valuing...
    Not, it isn't definitive, but I think it points toward Fi valuing.
    -Mark Twain

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not, it isn't definitive, but I think it points toward Fi valuing.
    But virtually everything else about BaD points to Fe valuing. Though maybe you just meant in general?

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    But virtually everything else about BaD points to Fe valuing. Though maybe you just meant in general?
    In general. I still think he's more likely INFp but this particular thing points away from that, even though what else I've seen points toward it. Which is proof that life is too complicated to think that everything could fit 100%. Or we've mistyped him.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but isn't Fi about the connection between two things, rather than about a single object? So its a subjective sense of "I won't get along with that person" rather than an objective sense of "evil" as B&D seems to be talking about

Creepy-Cyclops

I think this is wicked! *attempts at humour*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast