Functions have up to 4 dimensions. For reminding :

Functions 1 and 8 - Time, Situation, Norm, Experience
Functions 2 and 7 - Situation, Norm, Experience
Functions 3 and 6 - Norm, Experience
Functions 4 and 5 - Experience

I thought such dimensionality was related to Spiral Dynamics, Feldman's Level Theory, and Morler's Levels.

SD :
Feldman :
Morler :

Ex : levels 1 and 2
Nr : levels 3 and 4
St : levels 5 and 6
Tm : levels 7 and 8

On each SD level, there's one learning system :

AN - Habituation : physiological and cognitive
BO - Classical Conditioning : i.e. Pavlovian conditioning
CP - Operant Conditioning : i.e. Skinnerian conditioning (with reinforcements)
DQ - Avoidant Learning : detached from reinforcements, but avoids improper behaviour, for avoiding it
ER - Expectancy Learning : especially, trial and error based
FS - Observational Learning : observing and responding naturally

This means :

- Strong functions react better to Expectancy and Observation.
- Role and HA functions react mostly through Avoidance and Operant Conditionning.
- Vulnerable and Suggestive functions react mostly through Habituation and Classical Conditionning.

For example, if you reinforce (skinnerian) a LII because of having bad -related behaviour, he's likely to react. But if you do so for him having bad -related behaviour, he won't adapt over the long term. But if the LII acquires a -related behaviour by himself, and repeat it over time, he's likely to keep such behaviour on short-term or mid-term.

Another example : EII's and LSI's may have similar behaviours. But as a LSI would focus on and use it in a very confident manner, the EII may submit blindly to things, having rather a "narrow-minded-conservative" version of . They may use , but likely in an over-compliant way.

Functions 2, 3, 6 and 7 are "compliant". Functions 1, 4, 5 and 8 are "non-compliant"