51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hey Beta - explain this please

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...90&postcount=9

And then my post afterwards

Why do you guys do stuff like that?
    What reaction are you hoping for?
    And, what reaction would disappoint you most - to not react to it at all, or to really get pissed off at you?

It is like a subconscious drive for drama, yes?
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^yes

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, another ENFj I know acts that way.

I was curious about why ENFjs do that, and also how it relates to their dual
    I was also curious about why ISTjs also enjoy the whole "you don't need to know this" thing.

To be fair, I have not experienced an ESTp or INFp doing such things. I have not worked with them as much however, nor are they in my family, unlike the rational betas
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    No, another ENFj I know acts that way.

I was curious about why ENFjs do that, and also how it relates to their dual
    I was also curious about why ISTjs also enjoy the whole "you don't need to know this" thing.

To be fair, I have not experienced an ESTp or INFp doing such things. I have not worked with them as much however, nor are they in my family, unlike the rational betas

Your skills of induction are praiseworthy as ever, Jesse.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post

my boss is LSI, and he doesn't act in that "you don't need to know this" way, even though is IS higher in rank than me or whatever. if I ask him something, he tells me, and explains it just like this.
    yeah, i must admit, i thought this was sort of the hallmark of Ti+Se. explaining things in as few words as possible.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think he's trying to figure out weaknesses so he can be a dick. so enfj and istj are different than you...so f off and go be yourself. INFJ and ENFJ are supposed to do best when they just leave each other alone ... so why not follow suit.
    Lefty
    ENFJ

"I'm Sick of Old Men Dreaming Up Wars for Young Men To Die In," George McGovern.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Herzy View Post
    I think UDP is just making the fundamental attribution error (along with practically everyone on this forum, by the way).
    Nuh-uhhh
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    possibility: it sounds like maybe the EIEs/LSIs that have been mentioned don't want to talk to (for whatever reason) the EII and you, UDP ?? maybe the EII and you annoy them.
    Yeah, I tried to tell him once already. He's gonna ask again in a couple of months...
    I'm guessing he notices the "doesn't want to talk with me" aspect of dislike more in LSIs because we don't talk much to begin with, and when we do it's short Ti, as opposed to long exhaustive Te.
    LSI

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is EIE, yeah?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    This is EIE, yeah?
    what's EIE? short & concise? not really haha.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Creepy-Cyclops

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoSpirit View Post
    Yeah, I tried to tell him once already. He's gonna ask again in a couple of months...
    I'm guessing he notices the "doesn't want to talk with me" aspect of dislike more in LSIs because we don't talk much to begin with, and when we do it's short Ti, as opposed to long exhaustive Te.
    Te isn't exhaustive. How can you properly explain how something that is complicated works, if your just gonna use one or two short Ti statements?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Te isn't exhaustive. How can you properly explain how something that is complicated works, if your just gonna use one or two short Ti statements?
    Yes, I meant that no matter how long and complicated the thing I'm explaining is, I'm always gonna use 2 statements, of 5 words each. :-P

I was trying to say that I will use less words than the average type, definitely less than a Te leading. It was a comparison.
    LSI

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...90&postcount=9

It is like a subconscious drive for drama, yes?
    no from that post I read the ENFj was not seeking 'drama' for the sake of drama but more likely pulling off the arrogant victim routine (further motivations unknown) by challenging someone in the hopes that they'll react and prove they're stronger so said ENFj can temporarily find contentment in the knowledge that if shit hits the fan he's not going to have to take sole responsibility and clean it up himself
    INFp-Ni

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What UDP is talking about is an EIE thing yeah?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    What UDP is talking about is an EIE thing yeah?

(I forgot about this thread)

No, I've seen both EIE and LSI do it, mostly LSIs. I've mentioned it before, it just bothers me when people withhold information in the work place. I don't care if we're friends and you don't want to talk. I get my prying the closer I am, but so be it - that's me.

I think what bothers them is that I don't tolerate organizational structure very much, I just keep pushing to know more about what is going on, but they expect me to "know my role"

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think what bothers them is that I don't tolerate organizational structure very much, I just keep pushing to know more about what is going on, but they expect me to "know my role"
    That's a bad feeling. I guess you wouldn't hold up something as regimental and structured as the army. Or, indeed, any corporate institution or firm. In short, you are fucked for a job, Jesse. You have to learn that rarely will you find a job where you are allowed and encouraged to know everything you want to know.