Hybrid View

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Something to do with being ISFj

Hey had a feeling that I'm ISFj so just decided to pop by here.

Was wondering what ISFj's are like in real life. Are they boring stuffy people? Or is that just a stereotype. To many people I appear boring and stuffy at first. That's because I'm only comfortable joking with people I know.

In real life I'm always the quietest one, but with my friends I can be much more outgoing, and then again I prefer to keep to myself. I enjoy being with this INTp friend of mine, he's super funny, solves problems well, and we sort of share the same values. You see, in school I'm some sort of slacker, and so is he. We seem to click well together in that aspect. But then I assume that the idea of being an ISFj comes along with "hard-working, industrious" connotations. So for that part I'm confused.

Some people say that I am ISFp based on my self-descriptions. But from what I know, I don't seem to have the Si that I see most Si dominant types have. They seem to be permanently relaxed and not tensed up. Usually I'm tensed up thinking about something or concentrating on doing something. It feels odd to be relaxed. But I'm not into working hard and being industrious unless it's something I'm interested in or I'm trying to achieve some goal. ISFp's also seem to know quite a lot of facts from here and there. That's something I'm not good at either. I suck horribly at general knowledge I suppose. So I don't really think that ISFp fits me. Unless the atmosphere is right, or if I'm feeling silly, I also can't seem to tolerate silly behaviour. But I usually try to ignore it so I don't get involved.

Being ISFj also seems to connote some form of moralistic preoccupation. However I don't seem to fit that stereotype. I remember very vividly being scolded for saying something that is Te based (I told someone to do something that is not very morally correct but rather efficient), it's a very minor issue actually, so me remembering that may mean I'm Fi sensitive to some extent, I suppose.

My method of working is not very technologically efficient. I tend to just bash straight ahead, without thinking first if there are easier alternative methods. Math confuses me, but after some drilling I was ok at it. I guess the bash straight ahead method is not that bad. But sometimes it wastes a lot of energy without achieving much, which is why I am usually exhausted after accomplishing a little. I'm a good starter but not a good finisher.

I'm also a hedonist, a major pleasure seeker. I thrive on pleasure, especially physical pleasure. But after putting on some weight, I've decided to go on a weight loss program that I set for myself. It's not very complicated, but I believe it's quite effective. Too early to see results though. That's the sort of person I am I guess. I hate to be fat, but because food is so good, I sometimes compromise.

Right now I'm in a sober mood, and compared to other descriptions, this is the best one I've written on me so far. So that's all. If I'm indeed ISFj, then I hope to feel welcomed here. If not, then please type me as accurately as you deem fit. Thanks and see you!
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    through her, and in her, is
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbie
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're so xNFp ... why the heck would you even consider ISFj? Personally I've always thought you to be IEE

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The notion of "bashing ahead" seems ill-suited to the IJ temperament.

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I guess you all are quite right.

Perhaps it's the instability of being 'p', sometimes your temperament swings to a little IJ, but most back to normal again. I guess I got fooled by those times.

IEE? I am under the notion that IEE's have huge circles of friends because of how they are like. I am rather antisocial in real life and usually only keep to my small circle of friends. Maybe IEI? Or unhealthy IEE? Why do you say that I'm so XNFp?
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    through her, and in her, is
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbie
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!