Results 1 to 32 of 32

Thread: IEEs/ENFps how do you express your love and affection?

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Smile IEEs/ENFps how do you express your love and affection?

    I only know two ENFPs, but they both express love differently. One is very gushy, quick to praise, warm etc.

    The other is certainly not quick to praise or say words of love and affection, but chooses to express how she feels through hugs, or touches, etc.

    So yes, if there are any ENFPs on here, I would love to hear how you express love!

  2. #2
    meatburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    A Quazar named Northern Territory
    Posts
    2,570
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    helloo. To be honest this is a really hard question for me.

    Over the years ive become slightly jaded so im not sure how i would react. Probally in a multitude of ways. Im a little reserved with gushy i lurve you sayings etc. Hopefully i stay away from those. I do like to compliment a great deal though, saying to my mum "your a bit special aren't you" etc. I tell my mates just through going out of my way to invite them and make sure i say proper hellos and goodbyes "see ya mate", "hey hows it been?"

    Im not really a big fan of hugging etc. I would say to a girl i would just give her a lot of attention, listen to her and try to make jokes. Oh and massages i like giving them even more than recieving lol
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

    "And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

  3. #3
    Creepy-Cyclops

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meatburger View Post
    helloo. To be honest this is a really hard question for me.

    Over the years ive become slightly jaded so im not sure how i would react. Probally in a multitude of ways. Im a little reserved with gushy i lurve you sayings etc. Hopefully i stay away from those.
    Interesting that you say 'jaded' over time. Through the years I have found myself to become a little more open with my feelings.

    I think that over time, as we mature we tend to gravitate to being a little like our duals. We are still our type, but a little more like the other. This I think is the balance observed in mature people, or those who have it 'together'

    So its not so much you are becoming jaded I think, it is just that you are toneing it down a little to be more ISTp. The fact that I'm a bit more expressive than I used to be means I'm a little more ENFp.

  4. #4
    xyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,709
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Interesting that you say 'jaded' over time. Through the years I have found myself to become a little more open with my feelings.

    I think that over time, as we mature we tend to gravitate to being a little like our duals. We are still our type, but a little more like the other. This I think is the balance observed in mature people, or those who have it 'together'

    So its not so much you are becoming jaded I think, it is just that you are toneing it down a little to be more ISTp. The fact that I'm a bit more expressive than I used to be means I'm a little more ENFp.
    I'm finding out that this is true for myself as well. I mean, I still don't like being forced to talk about feelings but I can at least struggle through conversations like that now. Maybe you're on to something.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

    - Voltaire

  5. #5
    dudeins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    68
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i tend to be very touchy with people in normal conversation and to those who are in my immediate family and best friends.

    when it comes to love, i'm very reserved at first because i have a tough time with commitment. so generally, i act sort of distant at until i decide i like the person enough to want to be a little more intimate with them.

    expressing how i feel is a completely different story. i do not like to talk about how i feel to people or how i feel concerning our relationship. if its a friend or family i will tell them only positive things that will not create any conflict. even if a boyfriend tells me he loves me or compliments me, reciprocating is impossible. usually i feel horrible that i have nothing to say, but i don't like to feel vulnerable or say something that i don't mean (or may change in a months time).

    generally i internally feel a great deal about a person i love, i just don't say it like i should.
    "this shaking keeps me steady. i should know. what falls always is always. and is near. i wake to sleep and taking my waking slow. i learn by going where i have to go." -t. roethke

    ENFp!!!

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,276
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm not gushy verbally, but I'm definitely affectionate.

    Sorry, I'm tapped out of words today.

  7. #7
    meatburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    A Quazar named Northern Territory
    Posts
    2,570
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dudeins View Post
    when it comes to love, i'm very reserved at first because i have a tough time with commitment. so generally, i act sort of distant at until i decide i like the person enough to want to be a little more intimate with them.

    expressing how i feel is a completely different story. i do not like to talk about how i feel to people or how i feel concerning our relationship. if its a friend or family i will tell them only positive things that will not create any conflict. even if a boyfriend tells me he loves me or compliments me, reciprocating is impossible. usually i feel horrible that i have nothing to say, but i don't like to feel vulnerable or say something that i don't mean (or may change in a months time).

    generally i internally feel a great deal about a person i love, i just don't say it like i should.
    OMG YES! I couldn't have said it better myself. Relationships scare the tar out of me. Basically because i fear i can see the end even before they begin. I hate how they are all lovey dovey at first and then shit slowly creeps in and i get bored. Then i have to dump or perhaps be dumped. Dumping someone is a horrible feeling i dont like it at all. Ive never been close to actually meeting a chick where i think its possible we could be really long term. I really want to turn that type of corner in my mind. If i could realise that a certian chick is right for me i would be very happy indeed.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

    "And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,834
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I vacillate a lot on this. There were some people I gave a lot of compliments to and talked about my feelings on and on. But for the most part, unless someone specifically asked me, I didn't say very much verbally. The few times I wrote notes or whatever I ended up feeling stupid. I am always very physically affectionate, non-verbal stuff and I think that says the most. Sometimes I have a hard time even saying nice things back. I used to think I was completely un-romantic because of this. But I think I just don't like gushy-ness. But maybe with the right person I'd be more gushy. Hard to tell.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

  9. #9
    Éminence grise mikemex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Third Planet
    TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Posts
    1,631
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm sure that a lot of people would consider me rather dry when it comes about loving other people. I'm there for them at any time they need it, they have my attention whenever they ask for it, but beyond that, I don't think I make big displays of affection.

    It's probably a thing particular of me and not type related, but I don't like that "they are looking at me" sensation. It annoys me to hell to display affection on public. I get frozen whenever a strong Fe person expresses affection toward me. I appreciate it internally, but I don't respond to that externally, so they probably get a wrong impression.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

    You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

  10. #10
    Topaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,340
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Talking

    I used to be very physically affectionate but now I am only that way with a very few people and only every now and then. I hate rejection and if I think someone would be put off I wont even attempt to be affectionate with them. I would never date or marry someone who did not like to be touched. I am not gushy at all but I like to tease people, share things with them and give them a lot of attention. I will praise the things they do or ask them to do things for me so I can express lots of gratitude. I like to make things so sometimes I will make something for someone or I might buy them an inexpensive gift that is unique, useful or beautiful. Something to say I was thinking of them but not overboard. If Im in love I try to hide it and only leak it out to the person I like. I dont like for people to think they have me wrapped around their finger. I like to seem contrary and independent even if inside I am smitten to the core. I dont like other people getting involved in my relationships or asking me about my feelings for other people. I hope that people will understand how I feel about them by how I treat them.

    Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

  11. #11
    Creepy-Cyclops

    Default

    There's something about ENFp's that makes me want to bed them.

  12. #12
    aka-kitsune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    966
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikemex View Post
    I get frozen whenever a strong Fe person expresses affection toward me. I appreciate it internally, but I don't respond to that externally, so they probably get a wrong impression.
    This is one of my occasional difficulties with an ENFp I'm getting to know. I am strong in but often don't even realize how integral it is to my behavior. I guess I tend to look for bits of reciprocal to gauge how another feels about me. (The thought of my affection and attention being "unwanted" makes me paranoid.)

    How would you respond if you really do like the person? What does it feel like internally? Warm?
    socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

    **********

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

  13. #13
    Memory of Tomorrow Reuben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Oh baby, baby, baby
    TIM
    No idea
    Posts
    1,928
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    From what I gather generally, the ENFp aren't really good at expressing emotions. Perhaps good at evoking emotions from others, and excellent and discerning their own, but rather sub-par with expression for an F type. ENFp also seem to prefer physical administering of affection. Si dual-seeking maybe?

    There are three main kinds of feelings you get when you really like a person, it's differs due to context.

    1) You like a person but the person won't like you back.

    This kind of feeling is like a blunt, cold stab of a knife; not particularly pain, not pleasurable definitely, but hurting in a numbing sort of way.

    2) You like a person and you know the person likes you back.

    This kind of feeling is warmly affirmative and strengthening. It's like a renewing fountain; the love spews out but always finds a way back in.

    3) You like a person and you are trying to get the person to like you back.

    This kind of feeling is a little cold, a little sparkish, like a cold shock. Every time you venture forward you have a chance of failure, thus the coldness. Whenever the person replies favorably you are warmed, every time the opposite happens, you get a cold shock.

    Generally unrequitted love is cold, loss of out-flowing energy and the opposite is warm, regaining of out-flowing energy.

    Don't take all this too seriously, could be crap for all we know.

    (:
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    through her, and in her, is
    "Yes, it will be done."


    Why I love LSEs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbie
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!

  14. #14
    Creepy-Cyclops

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlueBlade View Post
    From what I gather generally, the ENFp aren't really good at expressing emotions. Perhaps good at evoking emotions from others, and excellent and discerning their own, but rather sub-par with expression for an F type. ENFp also seem to prefer physical administering of affection. Si dual-seeking maybe?

    There are three main kinds of feelings you get when you really like a person, it's differs due to context.

    1) You like a person but the person won't like you back.

    This kind of feeling is like a blunt, cold stab of a knife; not particularly pain, not pleasurable definitely, but hurting in a numbing sort of way.

    2) You like a person and you know the person likes you back.

    This kind of feeling is warmly affirmative and strengthening. It's like a renewing fountain; the love spews out but always finds a way back in.

    3) You like a person and you are trying to get the person to like you back.

    This kind of feeling is a little cold, a little sparkish, like a cold shock. Every time you venture forward you have a chance of failure, thus the coldness. Whenever the person replies favorably you are warmed, every time the opposite happens, you get a cold shock.

    Generally unrequitted love is cold, loss of out-flowing energy and the opposite is warm, regaining of out-flowing energy.

    Don't take all this too seriously, could be crap for all we know.

    (:
    I like this blueblade. It's a very informative post. I think I may have given up on love, but probably secretly still want it. Its probably why I tend to get scared of serious relationships, because love is vulnerable, do you think?

  15. #15
    Memory of Tomorrow Reuben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Oh baby, baby, baby
    TIM
    No idea
    Posts
    1,928
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Love is the most vulnerable emotion. It assumes no danger, no lies, no fear. It gives much and takes little. If everyone loves, then there will be no danger, no lies, no fear, and lots of giving. The trouble is most people don't. Not all the time.

    It's like total pacifism. If all practices it, it's a win-win. But it's best not to start in a hostile world because you'd be the first to die.

    Things suck like that. What do you think?
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    through her, and in her, is
    "Yes, it will be done."


    Why I love LSEs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbie
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!

  16. #16
    Creepy-Cyclops

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlueBlade View Post
    Love is the most vulnerable emotion. It assumes no danger, no lies, no fear. It gives much and takes little. If everyone loves, then there will be no danger, no lies, no fear, and lots of giving. The trouble is most people don't. Not all the time.

    It's like total pacifism. If all practices it, it's a win-win. But it's best not to start in a hostile world because you'd be the first to die.

    Things suck like that. What do you think?
    Things do suck like that. I want that sort of love tho, so it's nice to hear folk like you are around (but do they only exist on internet forums aha!)

    My last two relations have been long distance..well say 250 miles away. It's not been the best but it's meant that there's someone there, but the risk of getting that vulnerable is diminished. And its not that far as its only an hours flying time. And it also means that you can go visit for the weekend, so you get to go to a different city and have some fun seeing the different place and doing different stuff, and still someone there..sort of. Its the best practical solution I've got to all it so far, and overall it can work out not too bad.

  17. #17
    Memory of Tomorrow Reuben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Oh baby, baby, baby
    TIM
    No idea
    Posts
    1,928
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Haha. As a young person I shall ditch practical love and go for something better. Maybe when I fall I'll become jaded, but let time take its course eh?

    But I used to be an idealist. Now I'm not really idealist, nor a pragmatist either. Won't do for long distance love. Nor for "till death do us part" love.

    Perhaps I believe in a love that transcends death. But it's hard. We're always caught in the trap of "I love you. But if I say that I love you, you may not love me. So I will not say that I love you." It results in nothing.

    Willing to work for a more idealistic love? Or perhaps it's too unrealistic in this hostile world?
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    through her, and in her, is
    "Yes, it will be done."


    Why I love LSEs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbie
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!

  18. #18
    Creepy-Cyclops

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlueBlade View Post
    Haha. As a young person I shall ditch practical love and go for something better. Maybe when I fall I'll become jaded, but let time take its course eh?

    But I used to be an idealist. Now I'm not really idealist, nor a pragmatist either. Won't do for long distance love. Nor for "till death do us part" love.

    Perhaps I believe in a love that transcends death. But it's hard. We're always caught in the trap of "I love you. But if I say that I love you, you may not love me. So I will not say that I love you." It results in nothing.

    Willing to work for a more idealistic love? Or perhaps it's too unrealistic in this hostile world?
    Hehe

    I keep an open mind, something meatie (meatburger) and I said on another thread is you never know when or where you'll find it

    So on that sort of idea, I'm thinking of mail ordering a Thai partner who's been psychologically typed for me aha! (or maybe Russian..they got good socionists..so less chance of a mis-type and finding myself landed with an ENFj hahaha..now that *would* suck!!)

    Sod it..I'm off out tonight on the pull for a one nighter

  19. #19
    Memory of Tomorrow Reuben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Oh baby, baby, baby
    TIM
    No idea
    Posts
    1,928
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Sweet. I'm too young for that though

    What type are you btw?
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    through her, and in her, is
    "Yes, it will be done."


    Why I love LSEs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbie
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!

  20. #20
    Creepy-Cyclops

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlueBlade View Post
    Sweet. I'm too young for that though

    What type are you btw?
    SLI is I.

  21. #21
    Memory of Tomorrow Reuben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Oh baby, baby, baby
    TIM
    No idea
    Posts
    1,928
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ah that's sweet. Wasn't obvious to me at first, but oh well. Have been of socionics for a year now.
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    through her, and in her, is
    "Yes, it will be done."


    Why I love LSEs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbie
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!

  22. #22
    Creepy-Cyclops

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlueBlade View Post
    Ah that's sweet. Wasn't obvious to me at first, but oh well. Have been of socionics for a year now.
    Took a sabatical? Welcome back to the jungle

    THE RETURN OF THE LION KING.

  23. #23
    Memory of Tomorrow Reuben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Oh baby, baby, baby
    TIM
    No idea
    Posts
    1,928
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    0.0 lol. I used to like lion king even though i didn't understand what it's all about. I sucked at catching conversations on tv.
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    through her, and in her, is
    "Yes, it will be done."


    Why I love LSEs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbie
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!

  24. #24
    xyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,709
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlueBlade View Post
    0.0 lol. I used to like lion king even though i didn't understand what it's all about. I sucked at catching conversations on tv.
    couldnt do long distance relationships even if i wanted too.. i dont think those are usually good ideas anyway.

  25. #25
    Creepy-Cyclops

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    couldnt do long distance relationships even if i wanted too.. i dont think those are usually good ideas anyway.
    Why not dude?

  26. #26
    xyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,709
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    too much of a physical guy i guess and i don't se that working out for 250+ miles. i'd try to find somone closer, no one is THAT special.

  27. #27
    Creepy-Cyclops

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    too much of a physical guy i guess and i don't se that working out for 250+ miles. i'd try to find somone closer, no one is THAT special.
    It's only an hours flight, and I'm 5 mins from the airport.

    It's kinda like the best of both worlds, cause you've got someone there but at the same time their not close enough to interfere with the stuff you want to do like seeing your friends and things. Thinking back, maybe if they really where the one then I would have found it harder.

  28. #28

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,276
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Been there, done that. ... It sucked.

  29. #29
    meatburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    A Quazar named Northern Territory
    Posts
    2,570
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Sod it..I'm off out tonight on the pull for a one nighter
    Hope you wore a franger
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

    "And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

  30. #30
    xyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,709
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    an hours FLIGHT? The most far apart i've seen anyone was an hours' drive, and THAT was perfect enough for me

  31. #31
    aka-kitsune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    966
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlueBlade View Post
    3) You like a person and you are trying to get the person to like you back.

    This kind of feeling is a little cold, a little sparkish, like a cold shock. Every time you venture forward you have a chance of failure, thus the coldness. Whenever the person replies favorably you are warmed, every time the opposite happens, you get a cold shock.
    (:
    Really spot on!

    Most if not all of my attractions have generally had this particular dynamic. Sometimes it's just at the beginning, and gradually warms to a genuine reciprocity, but sometimes it's been present for the entire duration.

    Reminds me of a line from Oscar Wilde: "The very essence of romance is uncertainty"
    socio: INFp - IEI
    ennea: 4w5 sp/sx

    **********

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Twain
    Only kings, presidents, editors, and people with tapeworms have the right to use the editorial 'we'.

  32. #32

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Thanks guys!

    Ty everyone, for all your responses.....it was interesting!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •