Thread: Irrational and Rational Creativity

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Irrational and Rational Creativity

What is the difference for how irrational and rational creative functions differ and work? How are their products different?

I've heard somewhere that irrational creativity creates things with great potential, but that's about it.
    type #33
    but maybe LSE, and maybe E3w4(p)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    It's why you have a mana bar, not a rage bar.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't particularly weigh in on the merits of certain types' contributions creatively, though perhaps the creativity of a rational type (even though the creativity is irrational itself) exhibits slightly more in the way of structure? I'm not at all certain that this is true of my own self (though I like to think so).

Sadly, my own experience traps me, and I have no socionic expertise to fall back on!
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When you say creativity, do you mean creative as in one's second function, or creativity as in how creative one is i.e. the adjective 'creative'?
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    When you say creativity, do you mean creative as in one's second function, or creativity as in how creative one is i.e. the adjective 'creative'?
    I mean the use of one's second function, which produces non-standard solutions to problems. So I think the adjective in it's widest (and more accurate) definition is a result of the noun in this case. Creativity is not limited to painting, music or even new concepts. (See the thread about ISTjs and creativity for other examples of how creativity can manifest itself.) How do the products irrational creative functions (like an LSI's Se or an LIE's Ni) differ from the products of rational creative functions (like a SLE's Ti or an ILI's Te)? Is there more to it than just being different IAs?
    type #33
    but maybe LSE, and maybe E3w4(p)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    It's why you have a mana bar, not a rage bar.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That question is unanswerable, I'm afraid. There's so many ways of being creative, that you can't nail it down into two fundamental types. Besides, socionics creativity is something else from the ordinary understanding what that word means. It usually means doing something highly original , it also means that someone is doing something that is art. But socionics creative function is something else and really normal. It's a spontaneous realization. So it can be defined by the means of socionics that it takes your knowledge (usually from the Dominative) and generates from it new solvings. It can be trained strong by learning to be expert at something and then trying to generate something new out of it, by using in new way your knowledge from the arbitary function. For example you're good at cooking, which is and then you try to please others with your skills, by creating a really classy dinner for the people, which is .

Well @ least that's the way I understand it.