Thread: Martin Hannett

Creepy-

Default Martin Hannett

Does anyone here know the type of this guy?

I hate VI of course but I will guess. That appears to be INTp to me. That suppressed smile. I do that.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know, I've noticed alot of INTps with huge circles under the eyes.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Haha, hush, Cone. I know I have them. I don't sleep.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I sleep and I still have them. But of course, I'm almost as thin as you are.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Haha. I see. Based on VI do you think that is right? INTp?

(Yes, I'm going to flood this thread.)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mmm...I don't know.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Creepy-

Here's some more information about him:

http://www.martinhannett.co.uk/bio.htm

Creepy-

After a written request for an interview we're finally sitting opposite him in the lobby of the Strawberry Studios in Stockport, near Manchester. 'Martin moves in his own mysterious way' Howard Devoto had told us that same morning. He rolls a joint (the first of many) and gives me a smile from underneath his coated glasses. Behind him a photograph of Abba's Agnetha, his biggest musical hero. 'I take that picture home with me every night' he jokes. He is soft spoken, often diverges from the subject and is sometimes unintelligible. 'A lot of musicians find it hard to work with him', according to Devoto, 'because he doesn't communicate very well. He sits like Buddha behind the mixing desk: untouchable'. England's new wave producer number one is an enigmatic character, who finds it hard to talk about his work. This is his third interview.

Jilted John, Buzzcocks, John Cooper Clarke, A Certain Ratio, OMD, Durutti Column, Joy Division, Pauline Murray, Basement 5, Magazine, The Only Ones, The Psychedelic Furs... this is just a selection of all the bands Martin 'Zero' Hannett has produced in the past five years. He has developed his own unique sound. Dub techniques, delayed reverb, elastic drums and other 'special effects' give away the producer's identity. There are people who buy every record produced by him. Reasons enough to visit the man and find out about the hows and whys. The interview including interruptions will take the whole evening and go into the night. Martin is just finishing the first New Order album. During the breaks he sits with me and answers some questions. At five o'clock in the morning, everybody else has long since left, he takes me home with him. The uncooperative man from earlier that evening has changed into a very kind and willing person.