Mystery shrouds this guy. When I get my webcam, I'll take a photo of the single photo of him (there is nothing online anywhere) and add it to the site. Right now, all I can do is write up some of the chapter on him, including his interview with Kate Kray, from the book Hard Bastards. He really does intrigue me though. Here we go.

Quote Originally Posted by Kate Kray

No one will ever get to the bottom of Bobby Wren. I can't fathom out whether he's SAS, ex-military, mercenary or just a dangerous bastard. He's an oddbod, a loner. A modest, reserved enigma. Bobby is gadget mad and has sophisticated paraphernalia for just about everything.

I sat in Spencers pup in Hornchurch, Essex, waiting to interview Bobby - he was late. My minder ordered me another orange juice from the bar while I fiddled with my tape recorder. I glanced at my watch and thought to myself, I'll give him another five minutes. At that moment, the saloon door burst open and in scurried Bobby Wren suited and booted, carrying a hold-all. He was sweating profusely and apologised for being late. I asked him if he'd been running for a bus or something. He scowled, "I've just finished training!"

[Referring to Ron Kray's funeral incident] I glanced over my shoulder. A man dressed in combat clothes, wearing a wooly hat and carrying a gun appeared from behind a gravestone. His eyes bulged. He fixed me with a steely gaze. He winked and disappeared as quickly as he had arrived - it was Bobby Wren.

Bobby paused and threw me a look, a look of contempt, a 'how dare you?' look.

At the end of the interview, Bobby excuse himself to use the toilet. He picked up his mystery hold-all and placed it precariously on the table in front of me. I wanted to have a peek inside but remembered the old saying, 'curiosity killed the cat'.
...Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed Bobby Wren standing in the doorway, furtively spying through the window at me.
Some of his behaviour their might suggest something about his type, but I really don't know. Now for the insanely short interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Wren

BACKGROUND
I was born and brought up in Crystal Palace. One of five children. That's all I'm prepared to say.

LIFE OF CRIME
I do have convictions, but I'd rather not say what they are.

WEAPONRY
My arms and legs are my deadliest weapons. I also have a class five firearms license.

TOUGHEST MOMENT
Not prepared to say.

IS THERE ANYONE YOU ADMIRE?
No.

DO YOU BELIEVE IN HANGING?
No, 'cos there but for the grace of God go I.

IS PRISON A DETERRENT?
No. Prison is a demoralising waste of time. You leave your morals and dignity at the gate when you go in, and pick them up on the way out. But something has to be done to keep law and order.

WHAT WOULD HAVE DETERRED YOU FROM A LIFE OF CRIME?
I'm straight. What I do is in self defence.

WHAT MAKES A TOUGH GUY?
An honest man. Someone who can hold his head up with dignity.

[Perhaps the most revealing part of the interview]BOBBY'S FINAL THOUGHT
Violence is my job. It's what I do best. I'm not bragging or trying to be flash, that's just the way it is. I'm dedicated to my profession - I have to be to stay alive. I've been trained in eighteen different martial arts; I've been taught to disarm a man whilst blindfolded; I can show you sixty ways to break your arm and pressure points that can bring a man to his knees in seconds. It's hard to describe my job. It hasn't got an exact label, or title. Some say - SAS. Others say mercenary.

I can't, for legal and security reasons, elaborate on the things that I've been involved in, but the dictionary definition of mercenary is a man hired to fight and kill solely for money. I guess that sums me up.
So, any ideas as to Wren's type?