Results 1 to 27 of 27

Thread: Type a word list

  1. #1
    Let's go to fairyland Minde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Amongst the stars
    TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Posts
    4,078
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Type a word list

    Actually, type two of them. (And, for all you jokers, I mean the socionics kind not the keyboard kind.)

    Each word/point is a different person's short or one-word description of an individual. I realize that an accurate typing is not likely this way, but I'm still interested in any general ideas or directions, particularly in regards to the first one.


    The first one -
    • Constructive
    • Thorough
    • Goal-oriented
    • Simple - looking at things for what they're worth, always knowing how to handle them
    • Constructive energy
    • Integrity and strength, a servant
    • Moving
    • Caring - getting upset about things not being planned or working properly is a sign of caring
    • Capable, challenging
    • Inquisitive
    • Take-charge
    The second one -
    • Patience
    • Gentle
    • Focus - always looking at how to better direct [people]; knowing this life is temporary and focussed on what matters
    • Serious, having a sense of wonder
    • Responsible, comfortable to be with, willing
    • Friendly
    • Sweet - even though the word is overused, it applies
    • Kindness
    • Thoughtful, analytical, willing
    • Gracious, patient
    • Graceful
    INFj / EII / FiNe
    ()


    "Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." - G.K. Chesterton

    "Have courage and be kind." - Cinderella's mom

  2. #2
    Snomunegot munenori2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Posts
    7,739
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Sorry, my brain cells are faltering! Do you mean assign a type to either list (1st one xxxJ, 2nd one Ixxx, etc) or like go through each term and assign types that fit with it or something wholly wacky and different and probably simpler than I'm interpreting at the present moment?
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

  3. #3
    Let's go to fairyland Minde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Amongst the stars
    TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Posts
    4,078
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    Sorry, my brain cells are faltering! Do you mean assign a type to either list (1st one xxxJ, 2nd one Ixxx, etc) or like go through each term and assign types that fit with it or something wholly wacky and different and probably simpler than I'm interpreting at the present moment?
    The bolded.

    Each list describes one person. What type do you think that person might be based on the descriptive terms?
    INFj / EII / FiNe
    ()


    "Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." - G.K. Chesterton

    "Have courage and be kind." - Cinderella's mom

  4. #4
    Snomunegot munenori2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Posts
    7,739
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    For some reason both descriptions sound delta to me (you must be testing me!) and I don't know if that's due to the describer (though as you say, these be many people) or the described. The first one makes me think in some respects of ISTp (though a few bullet points seem inconsistent), the second seems slightly more clear to me as an ENFp or at least delta NF. Maybe ISFj might work, but hmmmmm.

    Argh! I'm wrong again! What is your favorite color? Blue, no yellow!!!!


    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

  5. #5
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    Actually, type two of them. (And, for all you jokers, I mean the socionics kind not the keyboard kind.)

    Each word/point is a different person's short or one-word description of an individual. I realize that an accurate typing is not likely this way, but I'm still interested in any general ideas or directions, particularly in regards to the first one.


    The first one -
    • Constructive
    • Thorough
    • Goal-oriented
    • Simple - looking at things for what they're worth, always knowing how to handle them
    • Constructive energy
    • Integrity and strength, a servant
    • Moving
    • Caring - getting upset about things not being planned or working properly is a sign of caring
    • Capable, challenging
    • Inquisitive
    • Take-charge
    The second one -
    • Patience
    • Gentle
    • Focus - always looking at how to better direct [people]; knowing this life is temporary and focussed on what matters
    • Serious, having a sense of wonder
    • Responsible, comfortable to be with, willing
    • Friendly
    • Sweet - even though the word is overused, it applies
    • Kindness
    • Thoughtful, analytical, willing
    • Gracious, patient
    • Graceful
    This sounds to me like Te ego and Fi ego respectively.
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  6. #6
    Let's go to fairyland Minde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Amongst the stars
    TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Posts
    4,078
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    For some reason both descriptions sound delta to me (you must be testing me!) and I don't know if that's due to the describer (though as you say, these be many people) or the described. The first one makes me think in some respects of ISTp (though a few bullet points seem inconsistent), the second seems slightly more clear to me as an ENFp or at least delta NF. Maybe ISFj might work, but hmmmmm.

    Argh! I'm wrong again! What is your favorite color? Blue, no yellow!!!!
    I'm not trying to test you (though I suppose you could call the second a control of sorts).

    Funny video, btw.

    Quote Originally Posted by glamourama View Post
    tbh I thought the first list sounded like an LSE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    This sounds to me like Te ego and Fi ego respectively.
    Well.

    That's interesting...

    Does anybody else think the first sounds Te ego or LSE/SLI, specifically?
    INFj / EII / FiNe
    ()


    "Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." - G.K. Chesterton

    "Have courage and be kind." - Cinderella's mom

  7. #7
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    Does anybody else think the first sounds Te ego or LSE/SLI, specifically?
    The first one sounds LSE; there's a flavor of > there.

    The second one seems specifically EII.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  8. #8
    Let's go to fairyland Minde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Amongst the stars
    TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Posts
    4,078
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    And suspicion moves toward confirmation. I might have had a dual under my nose this whole time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    The first one sounds LSE; there's a flavor of > there.
    And EJ over IP? I really can't see the IP in this person. And, hm, yeah, is more apparent than , I think.

    Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    The second one seems specifically EII.
    No comment.
    INFj / EII / FiNe
    ()


    "Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." - G.K. Chesterton

    "Have courage and be kind." - Cinderella's mom

  9. #9
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

      • Constructive
      • Thorough
      • Goal-oriented
      • Simple - looking at things for what they're worth, always knowing how to handle them
      • Constructive energy
      • Integrity and strength, a servant
      • Moving
      • Caring - getting upset about things not being planned or working properly is a sign of caring
      • Capable, challenging
      • Inquisitive
      • Take-charge
    Those are more likely to be readily associated to an EJ than to an IP.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  10. #10
    Let's go to fairyland Minde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Amongst the stars
    TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Posts
    4,078
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Actually, it was EJ that was easiest for me to determine from RL observation. Well, that or IJ. Rationality for sure.
    INFj / EII / FiNe
    ()


    "Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." - G.K. Chesterton

    "Have courage and be kind." - Cinderella's mom

  11. #11
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ESE for the first (EJ, positivist). EII for the second (IxFx in any case, but not ESI).

    The second is more likely rational I would think. I suppose extroversion could be possible, especially is the person is a Ne/Si type.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  12. #12
    Let's go to fairyland Minde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Amongst the stars
    TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Posts
    4,078
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    ESE for the first (EJ, positivist). EII for the second (IxFx in any case, but not ESI).

    The second is more likely rational I would think. I suppose extroversion could be possible, especially is the person is a Ne/Si type.
    Why ESE for the first?
    INFj / EII / FiNe
    ()


    "Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." - G.K. Chesterton

    "Have courage and be kind." - Cinderella's mom

  13. #13
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    Does anybody else think the first sounds Te ego or LSE/SLI, specifically?
    Yeah.... right away I thought LSE - EII.


    Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    And suspicion moves toward confirmation. I might have had a dual under my nose this whole time.
    Oh really? Good for you. Was he hiding on you?
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  14. #14
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    The first one -
    • Constructive
    • Thorough
    • Goal-oriented
    • Simple - looking at things for what they're worth, always knowing how to handle them
    • Constructive energy
    • Integrity and strength, a servant
    • Moving
    • Caring - getting upset about things not being planned or working properly is a sign of caring
    • Capable, challenging
    • Inquisitive
    • Take-charge

    Seem familiar? http://www.the16types.info/types.php?typename=ESTJ
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  15. #15
    Let's go to fairyland Minde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Amongst the stars
    TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Posts
    4,078
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    Oh really? Good for you. Was he hiding on you?
    Yes, really. Maybe. She, and no.
    INFj / EII / FiNe
    ()


    "Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." - G.K. Chesterton

    "Have courage and be kind." - Cinderella's mom

  16. #16
    Let's go to fairyland Minde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Amongst the stars
    TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Posts
    4,078
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    No. Which is part of the... problem, I guess.
    INFj / EII / FiNe
    ()


    "Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." - G.K. Chesterton

    "Have courage and be kind." - Cinderella's mom

  17. #17
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    Why ESE for the first?
    Sounded like a positivist. The only thing that was clear was EJ, and seemed Si > Ni.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  18. #18
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    No. Which is part of the... problem, I guess.
    Oh really... hmm

    Expand upon this perhaps?


    What is the problem, or what don't you see?
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  19. #19
    Snomunegot munenori2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Posts
    7,739
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @ your avatar, UDPicstealer!

    FWIW, the cat's name happens to be Maximus Decimus Maritius (Gladiator). So I guess you could say it's fitting.

    Also, I have to admit my first instinct was also LSE and EII, but sometimes I flat out go against my gut feelings. That usually turns out poorly, but as I mentioned earlier, I was suspicious!
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

  20. #20
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The funny thing is, I didn't change my avatar. I think it is some sort of a bug with the forum.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  21. #21
    Snomunegot munenori2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Posts
    7,739
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Conspiracy!!
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

  22. #22
    Let's go to fairyland Minde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Amongst the stars
    TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Posts
    4,078
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    Oh really... hmm

    Expand upon this perhaps?


    What is the problem, or what don't you see?
    It's not really a problem. Sorry, poor choice of words.

    I think it might be a case of too close to the forest to see the trees, or however that saying goes.
    INFj / EII / FiNe
    ()


    "Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." - G.K. Chesterton

    "Have courage and be kind." - Cinderella's mom

  23. #23
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think you mean

    "A case of being too close to the tree to see the forest"; that is, being too close to something all the time and seeing it only in one perspective, as opposed to backing off and getting a wider view.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  24. #24
    Let's go to fairyland Minde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Amongst the stars
    TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Posts
    4,078
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    Actually, type two of them. (And, for all you jokers, I mean the socionics kind not the keyboard kind.)

    Each word/point is a different person's short or one-word description of an individual. I realize that an accurate typing is not likely this way, but I'm still interested in any general ideas or directions, particularly in regards to the first one.


    The first one -
    • Te Constructive
    • Si, Te Thorough
    • depends on a goal, but i suppose Se is here (mobilization in part) Goal-oriented
    • Te Simple - looking at things for what they're worth, always knowing how to handle them
    • valued Te Constructive energy
    • Se, Fi, Ni, Fe Integrity and strength, a servant
    • a process so a dynamic function Moving
    • Si strong, Ni likely unvalued weak Caring - getting upset about things not being planned or working properly is a sign of caring
    • Se, Ne Capable, challenging
    • Ne Inquisitive
    • Se Take-charge
    The second one -
    • Ni Patience
    • Si Gentle
    • ? Focus - always looking at how to better direct [people]; knowing this life is temporary and focussed on what matters
    • Ne, etc. Serious, having a sense of wonder
    • ego-normalized, Si, etc. Responsible, comfortable to be with, willing
    • Fe level 2+Friendly
    • Si, F Sweet - even though the word is overused, it applies
    • Fi Kindness
    • Ti, etc.Thoughtful, analytical, willing
    • Si, Ni Gracious, patient
    • if consciously, depends on motive. i think the deliberate attempt is implemented with Si brain sector as people in "grace" (99.9999999etc%) track out their sensations to check if they are still feeling so intricately special i think.
    Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    • Te Constructive
    • Si, Te Thorough
    • depends on a goal, but i suppose Se is here (mobilization in part) Goal-oriented
    • Te Simple - looking at things for what they're worth, always knowing how to handle them
    • valued Te Constructive energy
    • Se, Fi, Ni, Fe Integrity and strength, a servant
    • a process so a dynamic function Moving
    • Si strong, Ni likely unvalued weak Caring - getting upset about things not being planned or working properly is a sign of caring
    • Se, Ne Capable, challenging
    • Ne Inquisitive
    • Se Take-charge
    Te xxxx
    Si xx
    Se xxxx
    Ne xx
    Ni xx
    Fi x
    Fe x
    Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    sounds E and J, T, S, which is also my guess.
    Dee, are you trying to tell me something? Because I have no idea what you're saying.



    Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    I think you mean

    "A case of being too close to the tree to see the forest"; that is, being too close to something all the time and seeing it only in one perspective, as opposed to backing off and getting a wider view.
    Yeah. Something like that. Close enough.


    Quote Originally Posted by Salawa View Post
    The first is a Si-EJ -- I lean strongly towards LSE but I can see where Joy is coming from.

    The second is a description of Minde (and is, in any case, EII).
    I probably should have left out the second one. It's not like I need any more confirmation. But I guess it didn't hurt anything. Like I said, I mainly wanted input on the first. I've been unsure for awhile and this was a good opportunity...

    Hm.
    INFj / EII / FiNe
    ()


    "Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." - G.K. Chesterton

    "Have courage and be kind." - Cinderella's mom

  25. #25
    Kristiina's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Estonia, Tartu
    Posts
    4,021
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    Actually, type two of them. (And, for all you jokers, I mean the socionics kind not the keyboard kind.)

    Each word/point is a different person's short or one-word description of an individual. I realize that an accurate typing is not likely this way, but I'm still interested in any general ideas or directions, particularly in regards to the first one.


    The first one -
    • Constructive
    • Thorough
    • Goal-oriented
    • Simple - looking at things for what they're worth, always knowing how to handle them
    • Constructive energy
    • Integrity and strength, a servant
    • Moving
    • Caring - getting upset about things not being planned or working properly is a sign of caring
    • Capable, challenging
    • Inquisitive
    • Take-charge
    The second one -
    • Patience
    • Gentle
    • Focus - always looking at how to better direct [people]; knowing this life is temporary and focussed on what matters
    • Serious, having a sense of wonder
    • Responsible, comfortable to be with, willing
    • Friendly
    • Sweet - even though the word is overused, it applies
    • Kindness
    • Thoughtful, analytical, willing
    • Gracious, patient
    • Graceful
    First sounds either LSE or LSI.
    The second sounds IEI. Could also be IEE.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

    Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

    Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

  26. #26
    Let's go to fairyland Minde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Amongst the stars
    TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Posts
    4,078
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    After noticing this person (the first) work for over a half-hour on minutely trimming and adjusting some expensive insoles interjected by obsessive testing via pacing and accompanied by muttered commentary to herself -

    Me: "You really like comfortable shoes, don't you?"
    Her: "Oh, my goodness, yes!"
    Me: *decides that wisdom lies in not interrupting further*
    Her: *continues for another ten minutes then appears to be slowing down*
    Me: "Did you get it right?"
    Her: "No... *grumbles a little* I hope so. *launches into a detailed description/story of what exactly is happening inside the shoe*"


    I'm not sure how much more cliché one can get than that. Still isn't conclusive evidence, though...
    INFj / EII / FiNe
    ()


    "Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." - G.K. Chesterton

    "Have courage and be kind." - Cinderella's mom

  27. #27
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default



    ANYTHING that I really like, basically, is like that - It can be a very meticulous process. You don't want to spend your money on something that isn't worth it, or bring it back, or get something of lower quality than you really ought to have. Especially if you have a clear standard or idea in your head of how well something is capable of working.

    The only exception is if I know exactly what I want and all I have to do is find it. If I have to make it or decide between things, the testing period can be excruciating... I've had people get really bored sometimes when they are waiting for me to select the best choice out of a few options. It is easy to lose sight of the time factor.
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •