Thread: Hello there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hello there....

Hey I am new to this forum (actually not really, since I've been reading things from here for awhile).

I believe that I am an INTp (even though I could have easily mistyped myself due to the fact that I am still relatively new to socionics) That is one of the reasons why I've decided to join the forum.

Anyways, the following are all the unsorted things about me.

I tend to find myself stuck between two opposing point of views regarding many different issues from small to big, or more like I lack the preference to have preferences. (or perhaps I simply do not care.... even I'm lost) Also, this particularly applies to arguments such as "You suck, I own" which lacks logic in its roots (at least, in my opinion that it lacks logic.) But I can deal with that easily if it is from a friend.

Sometimes, instead of studying or doing the work assigned, I find myself daydreaming or thinking about unusual ideas e.g Name 3 reasons why the world should be destroyed (and no, I do not have problems related to that).

I have little controls over my anger at home. To put it more specifically, I tend to lash out angrily toward those that are close to me especially to family members. Last time I lashed out angrily, I vanquished most part of my room and screamed randomly for hours (until I totally cannot utter another word).

Usually, I do not show my emotions around people except my friends. However, I rarely show my emotions to begin with since honestly, I could really care less about how I feel and I find it the best solution to just ignore it. I can hold anger back for really long. They pile up like rocks though, and if there is nowhere to pile it anymore, I send it all out with methods such as the one mentioned above.

I admire those who can deal with their emotions properly (or even, those who do not have emotions at all, at least, in their appearance.)

I used to be known for my nasty sarcasms, in which I have thoroughly (if not, for the most part) abandoned in order to save myself from constantly getting myself into dangerous situations. As for now, I've decided that I should be objective and nice around people.

As a student, I ace all of my classes except PE due to the fact that I never bothered to care for my own health. During my summer vacation, if my parents are not around, I eat one can of Campbell Chicken Noodle Soup a day, stay in my room, and stay online.

Socializing is sometimes a bothersome task to me. I used to avoid people in order to prevent any form of conversation to take place. However, I don't do that anymore (the thing is that people find me hard to communicate with, for some reason, even though I hardly ever tries to be awkward.)

I can keep on talking about myself like this, perhaps that also says something about me. I believe I am egocentric in a way (as in, I preferring thinking about myself than other people and analyzing myself rather than other people).

Now you may decide whether you hate me or not, and what type I am.
    And yes, you may ask questions.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hello

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought so too.

I started to doubt it a week ago and I might be correct to doubt it.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you do sound stereotypically ILI to me.

some prompts; feel free to respond to any or all:

what are your intellectual interests/hobbies/etc. and why?
    what is the meaning of life?
    what sort of beliefs/understandings do you subscribe to?
    what kinds of people do you spend time with and why do you associate with these particular people?
    what sorts of things have most influenced you as a person and how?
    what is your favorite food?
    what kinds of life skills are you strong in and what are you inept in?
    is this restaurant run properly?

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First off, welcome! Secondly, you might want to reconsider your handle. If you're going to be here awhile, well, at some point it simply won't be true (plus I suspect in the deep recesses of your mind more creativity than that)!

From your own self-description, I would toss out a random INTj > INTp, but, and I say this to your benefit, disregard that completely. The path is long and you've just begun your journey! What fun would it be if you hit upon your own nature so easily? Odds are your research has had some effect on your own perception of your type. You said you've been watching the forums for a little while? Are there any posters whom you seem to gravitate more towards in a 'that sounds like me' sort of context? Again, that's not the best method of typing, but it's a start.

Also, what resources have you gotten into so far? If you haven't consulted wikisocion, that might be a good idea. Also, if you're more 'hard copy' inclined, you might check out C.G. Jung's 'Psychological Types' while also keeping in mind that what he talks about is the foundation upon which is socionics is built (aka it's helpful, but you'll need more than that). Conceptually, I've found the idea of Informational Metabolism to be pretty informative (yet another thing that might make your search a little easier.

, I know that is pretty verbose and unhelpful to you at the moment, but the more you know, the better you'll be able to look at yourself or at the very least provide better descriptions (not that your own is so bad). Basically, I want you to learn this stuff! Also, it may seem somewhat avant garde to you, but if you have any videos (or pictures, as visual identification has something to it), that could provide some additional info to everyone. Still, I wouldn't resolve on a quick fix, but I have faith in you! There will probably be a more full questioning on what you've provided shortly, but I kinda sorta wanted to say all this first. I apologize if it seems arrogant or off the wall!
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ Niffweed

what are your intellectual interests/hobbies/etc. and why?
    I like science, it is one of those subjects I like thinking about. To me, science gives explanation in a proper and logical way that is acceptable to me. Philosophy in general is also something I like to do (and I see that you have asked me the meaning of life). In a sense, I find that it is an advantage to view ideas in different perspective, and I respect that a lot. I also like music, I play the guitar, but I do not excel in my musical skills due to the fact that practicing is not my thing.

what is the meaning of life?
    There are many hypothesis on the meaning of life. To me, they all have their flaws, and they all have their logic. The one that I like the most would be "to find the meaning of life" since I find deriving the meaning of life as an impossibility itself. And perhaps constantly searching for it will give us a reason to live. However, I am not saying I am absolutely correct in any way.

what sort of beliefs/understandings do you subscribe to?
    Could you interpret that to be more specific since I am not quite sure what you refer to by beliefs/understanding and I do like to prevent answering to the wrong question.

what kinds of people do you spend time with and why do you associate with these particular people?
    People with intelligence (at least, in my eyes). I like to talk about unusual ideas, and I respect those who can view things in many different perspectives. Those that say they could really care less angers me. I also like those who are honest with themselves and others (even though it is true that people have to be false in many ways). To put it in an extreme way, I despise even the slightest exaggeration (even though I do it myself, I try not to), flattery, or anything that is overly promoted. I also have friends which I tend to talk to them about music.

what sorts of things have most influenced you as a person and how?
    I like strong ideas. That is, ideas that have solid logical foundation and expressed succinctly. Some ideas can change the way I behave in a sense. However, even though I do accept most of the ideas that have logical foundations, whether I take it in and apply it properly is at a totally different level.

what is your favorite food?
    Food? No particular, I guess. Anything that can be eaten is fine. There are certain foods in which I don't like, but that is not a certain "type" of food that I dislike (except for spice in general), if you get what I mean. As I've said before, I can live off can foods.

What kinds of life skills are you strong in and what are you inept in?
    I have the ability to view or understand any reasonable perspective regarding most issues presented. That does not mean I have the ability to find out all the perspective, but I am positive about my ability to understand them. Usually, at school, I find science and computer science easier subjects as opposed to literature and PE.

I'd say I believe I am the worst when it comes to interactions with people and taking care of myself. I do not really mind talking to people anymore but my comments make them feel awkward at times even though I do not really quite understand why they should. I understand ethics and traditions, but have hard to applying them.

is this restaurant run properly?
    I am not exactly quite sure what you are referring to.
    But I think, if the same question is asked to you, you would say:

Never.
    However, that is only my assumption. I hope I have answer the questions properly and did not misinterpret any of them which I have answered.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Munernori

Thanks for the warm welcome and the advices.

I have read through some of the topics in wikisocion and found them quite helpful to my understanding of socionics. I'll look into the sources you have mentioned.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a lot to suggest ILI. if people disagree i'll explain why later but i have to run.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok. thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anybody else?

Or am I set for sure.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@hkkmr: y don't u think he sounds ILI?

You do sound ILI to me.
    First thing that struct me was how you seem to not be able to handle emotions well. Sounds like weak Fe. And the bit about nasty sarcasms. I've seen this with gamma NTs. I'm not sure in what situation do you react with sarcasm though. You could elaborate on the situation.
    You said you lash out angrily at times, especially to those close to you. What is it that usually makes you lash out or get mad?
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You do sound ILI to me.
    First thing that struct me was how you seem to not be able to handle emotions well. Sounds like weak Fe. And the bit about nasty sarcasms. I've seen this with gamma NTs. I'm not sure in what situation do you react with sarcasm though. You could elaborate on the situation.
    Um. If it is sarcasm... I tend to apply it to those people who seem overly happy or optimistic regarding the current situations. If somehow they believe things will turn out for the best, I give them the worst to consider. xD

You said you lash out angrily at times, especially to those close to you. What is it that usually makes you lash out or get mad?
    In general, probably when I am not being understood. I get frustrated with people who can only see things from their own eyes. Also, it pisses me off to have people yell at me. In my opinion, it is stupid to yell, since yelling won't get your point across any better than speaking calmly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He talks a lot about his problems... but he doesn't really talk very much about the things that make him happy or is enjoyable to him.
    I laugh, I speak, but I don't really know what happiness is. There are, of course, things I like to do (but I don't really know whether or not I am happy doing those things). I just do things because they are simply better choices in my opinion, or perhaps you could say, the fact that it makes me happier than doing other things. All I am suggesting is that happiness seems to be relative.

I have to admit though, people seem to see me as a depressed fellow. But I doubt I am depressed at all. I am just like this. I don't have problems at home. I go to school, and get good grades. I have friends (yes, I do). I don't get into fights. I don't hate anybody or anything in particular.

I hope I make a little sense with what I just said.

Out of range. Please call your service provider.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    What do you think ILI's are like?
    There are quite a few types who could characterize themselves as not being able to handle emotions. If not every type at some point in time.

And every type can have problems with their home life... and lash out, or bottle up rage.
    Yeah, emotional frustration isn't related with any type. and have nothing with the fact that people have emotions, and sometimes they're uncontrollable.

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    He talks a lot about his problems... but he doesn't really talk very much about the things that make him happy or is enjoyable to him.
    If anything, this suggests ILI.
    PoLR
    Suggestive Function

Regular Double-shot Espresso Subtype

Just because I'm a thinking type doesn't mean I'm not an idiot.