Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: For those of you who still fail to understand the difference between Fes

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default For those of you who still fail to understand the difference between Fes

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

+.5

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

If this were an accurate representation, then the entire Alpha quadra should die.
    Classical socionics: (), ILI-Ni
    Dual-type theory: INTp-ENTp

5w6 sp/sx
    MBTI: INTJ

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, group debauchery versus mass inspiration. Hm, I wonder which you find more appealing, Ezra... Sure is a tough choice, huh?

I, personally, have a slightly different outlook on Alpha's Fe.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    So, group debauchery versus mass inspiration. Hm, I wonder which you find more appealing, Ezra... Sure is a tough choice, huh?

I, personally, have a slightly different outlook on Alpha's Fe.
    Only slightly different?
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    Only slightly different?
    I was attempting to maintain the understatement.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They're both fuckin' Beta... epic fail

Shit that guy who plays Tony is hot as hell

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL @ videos. I need to find some Beta, Gamma and Delta stuff. *Mischievous look*

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there are elements of alpha Fe in the first video. but there are also elements of Si, Se, and beta Fe. it's an overall extremely poor representation.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But it would not be hard to see some of those people in the first video as Gamma or Delta too.
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But it would not be hard to see some of those people in the first video as Gamma or Delta too.
    of course.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got more Fe that one can shake a stick at and I ain't never done the shit that was done in the first video. This thread fails.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think these two are excellent examples of alpha

There is an inherent neediness about alpha , tranquility, a southing affect to it. It relaxes.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually I find the first more compelling. The second is just some baseless bullshittery.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    Are you trying to make Alpha look stupid and Beta look meaningful? Because you're doing a great job of it.

When you make threads like these, you're just making yourself appear really, really biased.
    To be honest. None appeal to me.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right, I was referring to the atmosphere created by the party, not the people in it. It is generated by Alpha Fe.

If I'm incorrect, please tell me.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Right, I was referring to the atmosphere created by the party, not the people in it. It is generated by Alpha Fe.

you are incorrect.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

THIS IS NOT BETA! I HATE THE VIDEO, IT MAKES ME SICK EACH TIME I HEAR EVEN 2 WORDS FROM THAT! It could be some ESTj from all I know. But this video REALLY rubs me the wrong way.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The armosphere is VERY alpha. But wild stupid sex and drugs isn't alpha. Not type-related. Different quadras do drugs for different reasons, but every quadra has drug users. I was at an alpha party quite recently. All sorts of artists, everyone doing their own thing, very individual clothing styles (like in the video, mixing colors and style decades), Groups constantly forming and breaking up, people going from conversation -> dancing -> some other group for conversation ->having a quick drink -> dancing... The general party pattern was the same as can be seen in the video here, but people were very clean and tidy, friendly and nice.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina View Post
    THIS IS NOT BETA! I HATE THE VIDEO, IT MAKES ME SICK EACH TIME I HEAR EVEN 2 WORDS FROM THAT! It could be some ESTj from all I know. But this video REALLY rubs me the wrong way.
    Can you say precisely why it isn't Beta, apart from how it "rubs you the wrong way?"

I'll accept that the overall effect does not work in terms of the actual atmosphere, so it's badly executed and perhaps Branagh has no clue, fair enough, but if you look at what the scene was trying to convey as per Shakespeare's text, I think it's clear.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    Can you say precisely why it isn't Beta, apart from how it "rubs you the wrong way?"

I'll accept that the overall effect does not work in terms of the actual atmosphere, so it's badly executed and perhaps Branagh has no clue, fair enough, but if you look at what the scene was trying to convey as per Shakespeare's text, I think it's clear.
    The guy trying to look like beta does not make it beta. And the guy is trying very hard, but it's still not beta. He talks showly with cold and calculating, "I will infuence people" tone of voice. He never once lets himself go free with how he feels. It's not motivating people to join your excited mindset ("Hey, people, Come-come, lets fight for what we believe in!! Okay?!"). He's faking emotion to accompany his WORDS. "And then aaaallll will be forgotten...BLABLABLA"... He has no Fe but the one he fakes. "We few. We happy few..." with cold and empty eyes.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, fair enough. Then we can perhaps call the video "a failed attempt to convey in acting a Beta Fe text?"

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok so when I read the title of this thread I thought it was gonna be way off at least the Alpha part. And what I found was that it was only somewhat off. Basically the first one is the story of my college life minus the ecstacy use at the end, and the dumb faces everyone was making. Rediculous amounts of alcohol, crazy ass sex... living life completely in the moment...... haha it was awesome!.... well kinda. I was rarely the one puking in the bathroom though, but I must admit that it happened from time to time. That's really funny that that's posted. I think there are a lot of elements at play in the video besides Alpha Fe though. I do think that it's an Alpha party feel too it. Everyone invited kinda feel with people being rediculously goofy and just trying to have as much fun as possible in the moment. I love that dude who rides in on the bike with the 3D glasses haha. I think that it has an Ep atmosphere as well though. Some INTjs I would think would be very turned of by such an atmophere and would need to be loosened up to be brought into it if they could at all. I think it's more Alpha in the beginning though than the end with the inclusionary feel to it. The girl writing on the mirror seems very Beta NF.

As for a Beta party, many I think many have more of an Elitist feel to it with less people overall. Maybe that's some Gamma as well. Anyway I just don't get the inclusionary feel from Beta/Gamma parties like I do from Alpha ones.

P.S. If anyone is looking for a college in the U.S. that has that kinda feel to it feel free to PM me hehe.

P.P.S. Or backpack through Europe..... I got that kinda vibe from it when I travelled through Europe like 8 months ago hehe.
    Suomea

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by Suomea; 01-30-2008 at 04:48 PM.
    Suomea

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    Are you trying to make Alpha look stupid and Beta look meaningful? Because you're doing a great job of it.

When you make threads like these, you're just making yourself appear really, really biased.
    Yeah the Alpha video is really made to look in a dumb light with people looking like they have no idea what they are doing. Some of the facial expressions are just rediculous, and it makes people look like idiots, but the energy and the look of it seems Alpha/Beta but defintitely with an Alpha influence. 'Controlled chaos'..... that's what my life was for awhile.
    Suomea

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be honest. None appeal to me.
    What does appeal to you?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca View Post
    I think these two are excellent examples of alpha
    ESE

There is an inherent neediness about alpha , tranquility, a southing affect to it. It relaxes.
    I agree with this. And my wife could relate to this and she has finally accepted her ESFjness.
    She agrees with the Alpha atmosphere in these songs you post as "alpha". Especially this one.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XoX View Post
    And my wife could relate to this and she has finally accepted her ESFjness.
    Is that so. How come? And do I get a cookie for noticing this despite being just a "stranger on the internet"?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is that so. How come? And do I get a cookie for noticing this despite being just a "stranger on the internet"?
    No. I get the cookie for selling her the idea in the end. It was really hard. You get a spanking instead.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    I don't really relate much to the alpha videos, they seemed more delta.
    Don't mess with the conclusions!

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really don't like the Henry whatever speech either. The party scene is tremendously awesome though, really beautiful and surreal

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux View Post
    I really don't like the Henry whatever speech either. The party scene is tremendously awesome though, really beautiful and surreal
    It is not tremendously awesome. It is nasty and crazy and bad for you. Focus on the Henry speech instead.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XoX View Post
    No. I get the cookie for selling her the idea in the end. It was really hard. You get a spanking instead.
    Whatever -- I will state again that from a very early stage I have consistently said that ESFj was the likeliest type for her, even as you were both saying that she was ESTj, how could I know, etc etc etc.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The first video seemed very to me, shockingly so. I didn't really relate it with Fe or any of the quadras though.

The second video... meh... I suppose he "inspired" everyone to go get themselves killed with some eloquent speech. I guess he was using Fe to do that. But when Kenneth B. gets in his over-the-top Shakespeare mode, it just is too... over-the-top. I didn't mind him in Much Ado about Nothing, and he managed to keep it under tabs for half of Hamlet. Henry V is my least favorite Shakespeare play of the ones I've read, and the St. Crispins Day speech is .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whatever -- I will state again that from a very early stage I have consistently said that ESFj was the likeliest type for her, even as you were both saying that she was ESTj, how could I know, etc etc etc.
    Actually I was saying that she is ESxj (initially ISFj but pretty soon turned to ESXj). She is the one who was insisting on ESTj. Ok you get your cookie. That doesn't mean you are right about my type yet though(!). Except perhaps on the Fe/Ti thing. Now I have some problems seeing myself as Alpha as I think I connect with her only by some of the functions. Probably Fe/Ti.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right, someone who is an Alpha SF, preferably an ESE, show me what Alpha Fe is with a video. Clearly I don't understand. Someone who is Beta NF, preferably Kristiina, show me what Beta Fe is with a video.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina View Post
    The armosphere is VERY alpha. But wild stupid sex and drugs isn't alpha. Not type-related. Different quadras do drugs for different reasons, but every quadra has drug users. I was at an alpha party quite recently. All sorts of artists, everyone doing their own thing, very individual clothing styles (like in the video, mixing colors and style decades), Groups constantly forming and breaking up, people going from conversation -> dancing -> some other group for conversation ->having a quick drink -> dancing... The general party pattern was the same as can be seen in the video here, but people were very clean and tidy, friendly and nice.
    I thereby renounce my Alpha status.
    Johari Box

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thereby renounce my Alpha status.

Hehe this is exactly what an INTj friend of mine would say too. Hence why I wrote that before and think it's more an Ep environment. I could totally an INTj hating himself there. So funny how people in the same quadra can be so different yet so alike.
    Suomea

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a bit surprised at the reactions to Ezra's first video. I agree with niffweed: it's not a good representation of Alpha Fe, there are other elements, and of course the people participating could be of all quadras. But it's also easy to see where Ezra was coming from. Fe as in "to reflect and to delight in" as opposed to Fe as in "to conquer despite suffering".

I'd guess that the guy in the teddy bear costume was LII by the way. Overall it's a funny video to watch.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast