TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Thinking I am more ENFp than ENTp now

Any opinions pls?
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what are your reasons for the change?

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I kinda felt a bit more emotionally connected compared to the ENTp profiles, so I thought I'd look at an ENFp profile out of interest, which then went on to pretty much explain my life thus far. Perhaps I'm ENFp with a touch of T?

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bee View Post
    Well, I kinda felt a bit more emotionally connected compared to the ENTp profiles, so I thought I'd look at an ENFp profile out of interest, which then went on to pretty much explain my life thus far. Perhaps I'm ENFp with a touch of T?
    Hmmmmm............ I went through this line of thinking/questioning for awhile. I also find the ENFp profile to be closer to my life at least the one that was on this site. Function wise though I came to the conclusion that ENTp fit better as Ti fits much better for me than Fi.

Not saying this is completely the case for you, but maybe something for some thought. Looking at your picture I thought you looked ENTp as well.

As for the emotional connectivity I find myself very emotionally connective with others..... just food for thought.
    Suomea

TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm. I had a look at some socionics-based ISFP profiles and although some things are similar or ring true, it isn't quite me. Plus, I think I'm too extraverted to be an I type. I get shy at times, but I am definitely able to be the life of the party as well, and when I'm comfortable in a situation, it comes somewhat naturally.

Perhaps I'm some kind of ENxp mish-mash? Would that possibly come across as a little bit ISFp? No idea, just asking?

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm. I had a look at some socionics-based ISFP profiles and although some things are similar or ring true, it isn't quite me. Plus, I think I'm too extraverted to be an I type. I get shy at times, but I am definitely able to be the life of the party as well, and when I'm comfortable in a situation, it comes somewhat naturally.

Perhaps I'm some kind of ENxp mish-mash? Would that possibly come across as a little bit ISFp? No idea, just asking?
    Could be indicative of slave type preferences....

TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no idea about slave type preferences, but I'm happy to listen or be directed to some explanation?

TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know that (to some extent)
    I have a need to talk to people and watch people's reactions to take things in. I like to gauge things by peoples' differing views and reactions around me on almost any topic/situation. Does that sound extroverted, or am I on the wrong page?

TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you find yourself talking more about yourself or about your thoughts/experiences about the situation? I am terrible- I constantly talk about myself!

When you talk, are you more interested in "getting to know" people, or in refining the topic of conversation? Getting to know people

How easily do you take initiative in a social setting? I will stay reserved for the first few minutes if I don't know someone, then I will become loud and put forth my own ideas to add to the discussion, as well as trying to evoke responses from others that will let me on to their personal beliefs, motives, erks, perks, etc. If I know the person, it becomes a game to some extent, I'm not really reserved with people I know, but then again I do tend to deflect from personal emotional sore spots/weaknesses with humour or by changing the direction of a topic at hand.

Are you comfortable or uncomfortable with other people taking initiative in a social setting? Comfortable, although if they talk over me, I find it quite frustrating and tend to cut in at the worst possible times and speak over people unwittingly.

Additionally -- do you tend to waste energy or conserve it? Waste it, I think. I tend to do things in bursts, and the laze about thinking about things, and then attack things in bursts again and become really outgoing.

TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But at the same time, I don't think I'm ALWAYS confident, esp. around new people.

Does any of this help?

TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yay I always figured I was E.....one less thing to ponder about for now!

So, what about the rest of those spesh lil letters?

ENTp?

ENFp?

Other???

TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You just pointed out the bleedingly obvious to me, which is good, because I stupidly hadn't even considered the obvious! Ethics!! Ok, things make a lot more sense now *smacks head*

I guess that means ENFp?

TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't stress, I think I'm getting a bit carried away now.

I definitely prefer ethics over logic in people. Which would make me an ENFp, right? I think?

TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see...well that confuses things!

I prefer :fi: but I also prefer :te:, I think? Although I tend toward the whiter side of life....? Perhaps I'm just a mutt?

TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sweet! As I suspected then I'd say 60:40 F:T.

TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you by the way I totally forgot to mention thank yous

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmmmm, yeah just from seeing your posts you could be a lot of things.....: )
    Suomea

TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do go on......

TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm bumping this to get more points of view.....and I also have a pic of me as my avatar now, for anyone wanting a shot at VI Please help!!

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm bumping this to get more points of view.....and I also have a pic of me as my avatar now, for anyone wanting a shot at VI Please help!!
    some hints:

1. male/female difference. When in doubt over ENTp/ENFp, men often are ENFp and women often are ENTp. Cultural sexist programming. Can anyone confirm that male ENTp's and female ENFp's typically don't doubt their type (i.e. when it comes to deciding between ENFp/ENTp)?

2. Expat's Pathetic Hidden Agenda article might bring some clues: in a social setting with new people are you inclined to:
    a) brag about yourself indirectly by communicating how you are connected to well-known, famous and/or interesting people? (ENTp)
    b) brag about yourself by demonstrating all that trivial knowledge you hold? (ENFp)

What I find typical in, especially neurotic ENTp's, is that they often talk about their relationships to well known people. I have known a girl who was the spokesperson of an Amsterdam alderman and later the Secretary Of Transport of the Dutch government. She would always very casually say, as if stating the obvious, stuff like "John said this and that to me..", "Jane recently told me...", and I would ask: "Who's John?" or "Who's Jane?" Only then she would elaborate that 'John' was the alderman and 'Jane' was the Secretary. I think she was sort of extreme in that, but I think the tendency often is there in ENTps.

In other neurotic self-acclaimed and politically engaged ENTP's (MBTI), I've also noticed a need to belong to the upper echelons of society (Fe), and have hierarchical, meritocratic and undemocratic ideas about the organization of society (e.g. "society should have inspiring leadership, an elite, to show the way and make the decisions"). Sometimes this would not be expressed directly, but when listening to their megalomaniac political views, I often saw the implication of wanting to belong. I think ENFp's are way more egalitarian in that sense.

Does this help?

P.S. the avatar is ENTp, reminds me of stereotypical female ENTps (e.g Ayn Rand, although there apparently is no consensus on her type), both well-known and personal. But that's only stereotyping.

P.S. you remind me of Rick DeLong too, which would make you ENFp of course
    Last edited by consentingadult; 02-04-2008 at 01:42 PM.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you look heaps like someone i have seen before. No idea where from tho. Even scarier that you're aussie too

oh and you're an enfp aswell. Its clear as day to me at least

It actually should be really easy to decide between those types. One has strong Ti one doesn't. If you often feel like your thoughts are a jumble and logic is not your strong point there you go.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for that

Going by behavioural traits (based on what you said), I would be ENFp

But yeah, I know I look ENTp.....I think I have far too many serious moments to be classified as ENTp (I'm not saying they don't have serious moments, but I tend to take some things seriously that I shouldn't), but then again if I'm in the right mood I can argue about random theories for hours. It is as if I switch from one to another, dependant on the situation and the people I'm around. Some of my friends wouldn't know me, based on the way I behave around different people. Does any of this sound specific to ENTp or ENFp?

TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meatburger View Post
    you look heaps like someone i have seen before. No idea where from tho. Even scarier that you're aussie too

oh and you're an enfp aswell. Its clear as day to me at least

It actually should be really easy to decide between those types. One has strong Ti one doesn't. If you often feel like your thoughts are a jumble and logic is not your strong point there you go.
    Usually I am to frazzled to think that way if I get to that point.....I have the odd panic attack. Where in Australia are you? I'm from Victoria, and I have a MASSIVE family my mum has 7 brothers and 7 sisters, all full blood relatives), so it doesn't surpise me that I look familiar, if by chance you live near anyone in my family)

TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ooh! I should add something- I have a slightly odd trait. When I am around people, especially girls, but guys as well, I tend to pick up their mannerisms and patterns of speech. I don't know why I do it, I suspect it is something to do with trying to create a friendly and familiar environment for the person I'm talking to, and perhaps sometimes to appear non-threatening, if the person is either shy or overly dominant of me. I find myself aware that I'm doing this but unable to stop. Sometimes I wonder if it is as obvious to the other person involved as it is to me. Hopefully not! I tend NOT to do this around family and people very close to me to, more people I am still trying to create a relationship with. What does this suggest?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually do EXACTLY the same thing. Not all the time but sometimes just like you im mimiking someones behaviour. I have absolutely no idea why it happens. It almost seems on a instinctual level. I think i mimic Se around Se dominants slightly as a defense mechanism. Its like telling them im not a pussy and it actually tends to work ok.

I think its a way of understanding the other person or making yourself more appealing to them?

Thats amazing about your family. Holy crap lol. Im an only child i wonder how it has affected us differently.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are probably a lot LESS insane!! Christmas is something that takes several months to recover from!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uh, welcome to delta then!
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oooh TY

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I'm gonna go with ENFp as well after hearing you speak.
    Suomea

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where does she speak?
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After seeing you write responses and talk about yourself.
    Suomea

TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Back a page Anyone else?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just read this thread and my opinion is that you're an ENTP with great social skills, very friendlly and feeling-oriented. So it may seem like you're F. But I'm getting a strong ENTP vibe. ENTPs can come across as feelers because they can be really enthusiastic and warm.

But I noticed you used the word "discussion" instead of "conversation" and you said "think" instead of "feel." You also mentioned "trying to create a friendly and familiar environment for the person I'm talking to" and that sounds Fe. You also mentioned lliking to have discussions, which a feeler might view as an argument.

To be honest, I enjoy a discussion when the person agrees with me. Otherwise I get my feelings hurt and storm off or get so angry that I try to convince them and explain for hours, thinking if they'd just see my point they'd agree -- without any ability to just let the difference of opinion exist. I want people close to me to agree with me. Where as thinkers enjoy "playing" with the discussion as it's like a game with no feelings involved. Like verbal chess.

Anyway, my vote is ENTP
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hrmm...I guess I'm still fence-sitting then? Perhaps I'm just ENxp?? I wish I was XXXX, then I could be a nice cold beer in QLD, mmmmm.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hrmm...I guess I'm still fence-sitting then? Perhaps I'm just ENxp?? I wish I was XXXX, then I could be a nice cold beer in QLD, mmmmm.
    According to Jung, ENxp is possible, but that would mean an underdeveloped creative function, not that you're balanced.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    According to Jung, ENxp is possible, but that would mean an underdeveloped creative function, not that you're balanced.
    Somehow I doubt that....I am massively arty- I paint all the time and I used to work as a desktop publisher. I was about to post some artwork in another thread! lol.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That could be your dominant function by itself... the creative function isn't really necessary for creativity, it just adds some variety.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I took my enneagram test if you'd like to see it?

TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||| 34%

Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||||||||| 62%

Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||||||||||| 78%

Type 4 Hypersensitivity |||||||||| 38%

Type 5 Detachment |||||| 22%

Type 6 Anxiety |||||||||||||| 58%

Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||||||||| 62%

Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||||||| 66%

Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||| 42%

TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Test result: Type 3, Variant is sexual sx/so/sp

Although the image focus part of this REALLY rubs me the wrong way!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast