Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Missing the point/big picture

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    USA.
    TIM
    INTj
    Posts
    4,497
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Missing the point/big picture

    I looked for a bit on the forum for a post that I believe was authored by Kristiina in response to Expat, and it said that she felt that his post was weird because she often feels that Te people are nit picking and missing the point or the bigger picture of what she's trying to say, then Expat responded to Kri that this (perception) is a result of a misdefinition of intuition in some original function descriptions. You can correct me and link others if I mis-stated.

    I always wanted to talk about this subject. I think the key phrase is "what she's trying to say".. because not only would that be affected by one's quadra values but also the way it's being stated. I'd love to hear some experiences and their explanations here.

  2. #2
    meatburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    A Quazar named Northern Territory
    Posts
    2,570
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    That's interesting. . . I've complained also about people missing the big picture, and being too nitpicky, but didn't associate it with Te, heh. So perhaps it is more an issue of seeing different things/focusing on different things out of the same piece of information. Those that miss the "big picture" are perhaps keying in on things other than what you're trying to communicate.
    Yeah thats exactly how i can see Ti. Focusing on points that to me are irrelivant. Like if im telling a story about a bar, sometimes they might want info on what bar it was, where i dont think its important. It would only be important if that bar had unique features important to the story
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

    "And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaļs Nin

  3. #3
    Logos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,406
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meatburger View Post
    Yeah thats exactly how i can see Ti. Focusing on points that to me are irrelivant. Like if im telling a story about a bar, sometimes they might want info on what bar it was, where i dont think its important. It would only be important if that bar had unique features important to the story
    And that's not a Te question?
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

  4. #4
    meatburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    A Quazar named Northern Territory
    Posts
    2,570
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    And that's not a Te question?
    haha. i actually forsaw that reply. I meant Ti types seem to want more of this information from me than Te types, in my opinion.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

    "And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaļs Nin

  5. #5
    Logos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,406
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meatburger View Post
    haha. i actually forsaw that reply. I meant Ti types seem to want more of this information from me than Te types, in my opinion.
    It may not be relevant to your point, but it may be information which the Ti type may want to store up for later or for purposes other than the point you are making.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meatburger View Post
    haha. i actually forsaw that reply. I meant Ti types seem to want more of this information from me than Te types, in my opinion.
    No. Te types want more of this kind of information. And Logos is right -- it is a Te question.

  7. #7
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,167
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's far easier to affirm a person of your own quadra's explanation of something than it is to do the same with another person, especially a person of the opposite quadra to yours. Thinking, both Ti and Te, are all about nitpicking. It's part of arguing. If you haven't got a good argument, nitpick. It's about creating a perfect explanation for something. Ti egos use this method to describe every worldly phenomena as crisply as possible. Te dominants do it because Ti is in their super ego.

    Essentially, the interplay between Expat and Kristiina is this: Kristiina points something out, and Expat uses ignoratio elenchi. Now, why he does this is simply because he has no regard for Ti, and doesn't understand the Fe elements of what Kristiina says as well as, for example, an IEI would. Kristiina, on the other hand, does not utilise Te elements in her argument, as this isn't one of her strong points. Nor does she care for Fi, if that is the case, so an ESI, for example, may be at a loss as to what her argument is about.
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •