Thread: question for Fi-ers

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default question for Fi-ers

Te being associated with factual information and fe being associated often with personal motivation (what i glean from the forum), how do you (Fi-egos) feel you experience motivation? Recently i told an ISFj, "the tone of the letter seems like he might be asking us (instead of some others involved with the same problem we were notified about) to complete the task". ISFj seemed to completely sidestep the comment, saying instead that others besides us were copied on the email. ISFj might have just been focusing on different questions.. as does happen in reality.. but i was wondering if Fi will simply deny motivation in terms of evaluating a situation?

Like, today my ESFp friend said, "the snow is cleaning the building." When i didn't say anything she said, "why are you ignoring me?" and I said, "yeah, the snow is cleaning the building". and she said, "i didnt say you didn't hear me, i said you were ignoring me". Then I said, "no, i was paying attention." and then she said, "people usually respond back if they aren't ignoring others, RIGHT?" so, in this case it seemed to me as if there were some assumptions about my motivations for action as well, while in the first example there seemed to be a denial of motivation.. i mean I don't think it's a great example of what im asking above with ISFj, but basically i'm asking how persons with Fi in the ego notice and evaluate motivation or tone in everyday conversations. I'm particularly interested in IxFj, since i understand what to me is confusing behavior for ExFps in terms of Ti polr and Te HA.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington View Post
    Te being associated with factual information and fe being associated often with personal motivation (what i glean from the forum), how do you (Fi-egos) feel you experience motivation? Recently i told an ISFj, "the tone of the letter seems like he might be asking us (instead of some others involved with the same problem we were notified about) to complete the task". ISFj seemed to completely sidestep the comment, saying instead that others besides us were copied on the email. ISFj might have just been focusing on different questions.. as does happen in reality.. but i was wondering if Fi will simply deny motivation in terms of evaluating a situation?

Like, today my ESFp friend said, "the snow is cleaning the building." When i didn't say anything she said, "why are you ignoring me?" and I said, "yeah, the snow is cleaning the building". and she said, "i didnt say you didn't hear me, i said you were ignoring me". Then I said, "no, i was paying attention." and then she said, "people usually respond back if they aren't ignoring others, RIGHT?" so, in this case it seemed to me as if there were some assumptions about my motivations for action as well, while in the first example there seemed to be a denial of motivation.. i mean I don't think it's a great example of what im asking above with ISFj, but basically i'm asking how persons with Fi in the ego notice and evaluate motivation or tone in everyday conversations. I'm particularly interested in IxFj, since i understand what to me is confusing behavior for ExFps in terms of Ti polr and Te HA.
    ur question is too general- what exactly do u mean? i definitely have that experience with LIIs where they won't answer me and it's so rude- I absolutely HATE it- moreso than most pet peeves. I think it's because I listen and respond to every dumb thing people say to me, so I expect the same respect in return. I always assumed you guys did it because it wasn't completely logical (the things we would say), that you wouldn't even care to respond- so i guess this makes me feel a little better lol.

I think you can pretty much answer your own question by seeing what their is blocked with and in what order. But I understand RL > theory, IMO.
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's more an extroversion/introversion thing I think.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah could be Fe. I really hate it when I'm ignored too. And when I say something, I DO expect a response. Same with email. I really feel ignored if I send an email and it's not replied to. Even if there's no question in the email.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ms. Kensington, what was going through your mind as she said the snow was cleaning the building? Were you focused on her, on something else, thinking about something? Why didn't you say anything when she said that? Are you aware of somehow signaling others that you are paying attention to them in general (whether verbally or non-verbally), or do you not naturally do that? Was it that (in this case) there didn't seem to be anything to say about her remark?

I am very curious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a little confused as to the exact question also, but I can definitely say that motivation is an extremely, extremely internal thing for Fi.

I can know that I NEED to do something and yet put it off until last minute, and then half-ass it if I don't care about it. On the other hand if I really want to do something, I can focus on it to an almost obsessive extent and I rarely fail when I put my all into something that I'm internally motivated to achieve.
    ISFp <3