Thread: what are your intentions in your knowledge and understanding of socionics?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default what are your intentions in your knowledge and understanding of socionics?

?

one thing that i've noticed with those among me who do know and (somewhat) understand socionics is that S people tend to want to use it IRL whereas N people seem to be somewhat content in it not being brought to the masses and see the consequences it can bring. I think those observations come as no surprise.

thoughts? what about urself?
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm more in the practical applications group. I don't particularly care about the "masses" though. Just personally I feel like I get so much from this nice little theory. The only down side is socionics kills my other hobbies and pisses people off when I try to talk to them about it when they couldn't care less.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't quite know my intentions at the moment. I became curious about the theory of it. I don't think I want to actually do anything with it. I don't know...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

to pick up chicks
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    to pick up chicks
    How exactly are you planning to utilize socionics in this effort?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XoX View Post
    How exactly are you planning to utilize socionics in this effort?
    You have an imagination. Use it.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm using socionics mainly as an excuse to be interested in others.

That's quite helpful, though superficial.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Hey baby, what's say you come back to my place and I your ?"
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, actually I'm not sure if I do.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BLauritson View Post
    "Hey baby, what's say you come back to my place and I your ?"
    Hmm. Ok. I guess that could work on the males. And then they could call me their ger.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Initially it was an attempt to define myself and my identity for which I was searching frantically. I had been lead along a string of typologies until I fell upon this one, whose structure and well described nature, as opposed to many other vague, almost meaningless typologies, I was attracted towards. Over time, however, as I matured and realized that some psychological system couldn't---and shouldn't---provide me the sense of identity and purpose that I was searching for, I began to merely contemplate it and it simply became a hobby that I move towards while bored. I've spent so much time and energy into this system, that at the very least I may as well keep up my pursuit of understanding it. At the same time, however, my interest in it has waned as my sense of self has gelled slowly more and more together, and I honestly do not possess the same fury of analysis that I once had, after being drug forcefully into the "real" world by aging and circumstance. But, basically, Socionics began as a tool for me to understand myself, and has now become just part of my intellectual playground. It has no practical purpose for me.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by njio View Post
    Quite simply; to find someone who likes me for who i am

Corny, I know, its but the truth
    Which is a round-a-bout way of saying "to pick up chicks." The only other acceptable answer is if you are female, bi, or gay and say "to pick up dudes."
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive View Post
    ?

one thing that i've noticed with those among me who do know and (somewhat) understand socionics is that S people tend to want to use it IRL whereas N people seem to be somewhat content in it not being brought to the masses and see the consequences it can bring. I think those observations come as no surprise.

what do you mean by use it IRL?
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

Jerry, The Zoo Story by Edward Albee

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Salawa View Post
    I want to pick up androgynous people, personally.
    In which case, use of "to pick up dudes" is still acceptable in the valley, but some have opted to use "to pick up hotties" as a gender neutral term.
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

?

I do use it in IRL, personally, but I have no desire to see it "brought to the masses".

My intentions had never anything to do with "finding my identity", as some are saying. They have everything to do with understanding other people (and thereby my own effectiveness in dealing with them).

Recently, I remain interested in it in a similar way as to when you're learning a language. The more you learn it, the more you discover interesting things to "read" that you hadn't before.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right, as an SLE, I can say that I don't really do anything with it. I just study it for the sake of studying it. It's a fun thing to study. I talk about 'as long as it's practical I'm happy', but that's just an excuse. I just like reading and learning about theories that interest me. It's a vehicle for argument and debate, amongst my favourite past times.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lately I've been observing - not specific intertype relations - but general interactions between people that might serve as an example of one kind of intertype relation... and then I'll want to voice that revelation to a friend. Only, of course, they have absolutely no clue what I'm talking about.

Or, for example, one of my profs this term is a super clear-cut ENTj (cross-trainers with a suit??) who's a blast to witness. Lectures contain spontaneous structure, animation, tons of facts - chemistry has never been this enjoyable, ever. Loves to hit home a concept by providing real-world context, and goes insane on the chalkboard while doing so. The problem is, when people ask me why I like this guy, I can't exactly say, "well, he's an ENTj" as if that would provide the answer.

Here's a photo:

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My only purpose is to try to minimize misunderstandings between me and people I have relationships with. To try to understand people I interact with better.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    My only purpose is to try to minimize misunderstandings between me and people I have relationships with. To try to understand people I interact with better.
    and people you interact with poorly ? do you try to understand them ?

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by machintruc View Post
    Maybe this is a good example of the misunderstandings she was talking about? The gist I got from her message was that these are precisely some of the situations she'd use it for. FWIW, Slacker Mom's answer is one of the main reasons I delve into this stuff. Though I'd also say that nijo's and MysticSonic's apply to me as well.

Understand others
    Understand myself
    Find others who understand me
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reyn_til_runa View Post
    what do you mean by use it IRL?

for instance, im interested in industrial/organizational psychology and using socionics to apply it to businesses and the creation of teams. it's similar to HR.
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by machintruc View Post
    What the hell are you talking about? Did I say I only want to understand people I have GOOD relationships with? Read it again.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.