I have made an interesting observation that Alpha types tend to be less likely engage in job-hopping and seem to stay in an organization longer than average. I thought it is interesting since most people tend to have the misconception that Alpha types are flaky and random people. Btw, I am not implying that they are stuck in a rut since they still undergo healthy career advancement within the organization. I have a fair share of job interviews with Alpha SFs and I have learnt that they have been in the same establishment since they graduated from college or/and have been part of it for a decade on average.

For jobs which they are passionate about, Alpha types are only compelled to change their jobs when their level of comfort and security are been threatened eg. disharmonious supervisor-subordinate relationship, too much familiarity with the job scope to the extent that it dulls their working experience, change in management which leads to immediate realization that their jobs are in danger of redundancy etc.

I believe that what motivates them to stay with the company is seeing the organization as a family (if they feel happy working with their co-workers) with everyone working together as a group while having individual goals at the same time, basically supporting each other to reach one's potential. Even when they are "stuck" in a repetitive or/and deskbound job, they are still capable of seeking humor in the simple things in life, basically turning a lemon into a lemonade. They also see a job not only as a means to make ends meet, but also to support their hobbies, an area which they are esteemed about. In some instances, they might even place more importance on their hobbies than their career paths. In contrary to conventional viewpoints, they can be suspicious when someone switches his job too often (*coughENTjcough*) and question his commitment.

In terms of remuneration, I have mixed observations about their attitudes to it. I have known a few Alpha SF types IRL who regard it as the most important feature in a job, and most are not particular about it as long as they are been compensated fairly.

(After reading my post, in case you are wondering, that's not the reason for my current signature. It is just an observation I have made from a bystander's point of view.)