Thread: Always coming back to the type you were born to be

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Always coming back to the type you were born to be

Same thing happened with me in the Enneagram. I went something like 8-1-8-3-8-5-8-6-8-6-7-8. I always refer to the type that I started out with, because it was good then, and it's good now. No matter how one might divert, one will always return to their true type, unless they made some original fuck up of a mistake because their skills of introspection were so poor, and so they apparently stayed settled on a type which was not their original typing; that is, they settle on their 'true type'.

Reply to this if you want, but if not, I really don't give a shit, because right now, I'm confused. I'm confused because socionics is so unformalised that I have no fucking clue what is right and wrong, so I can judge absolutely nothing.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

type as a mean-reverting process?
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Same thing happened with me in the Enneagram. I went something like 8-1-8-3-8-5-8-6-8-6-7-8. I always refer to the type that I started out with, because it was good then, and it's good now. No matter how one might divert, one will always return to their true type, unless they made some original fuck up of a mistake because their skills of introspection were so poor, and so they apparently stayed settled on a type which was not their original typing; that is, they settle on their 'true type'.

Reply to this if you want, but if not, I really don't give a shit, because right now, I'm confused. I'm confused because socionics is so unformalised that I have no fucking clue what is right and wrong, so I can judge absolutely nothing.
    You are right. Trust the empirical evidence. Analyze your test results. Don't dismiss them, because they represent some of the most reliable data you have access to. I am pretty sure that you were right from the start about your type. It is this forum and some of its members that have got you confused.

Why not try this out as an experiment: assume that you are a LIE and try to interpret everything you read about the functions and the intertype relations based on that premise. See if it works or not.

Creepy-Cyclops

Your confused because the understanding of socionics is so fucked up on this forum.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

perhaps not complicated, but I think it is very subjective and open to interpretation - especially what the functions represent, which in turns forms the basis for everything else so the whole thing becomes very subjective and prone to different interpretations - maybe this is what Ezra meant by "unformalised"

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I was born crying, naked and bald, without a penny to my name.

No doubt I will leave in a similar fashion!

Creepy-Cyclops

lol

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    Ezra, it seems you've been on a long journey of discovery... which is just leaving you confused and uncertain.

Do you need someone strong in the force to clear up your understanding.
    Heh.
    Suomea

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EZRA: "No matter how one might divert, one will always return to their true type, unless they made some original fuck up of a mistake because their skills of introspection were so poor, and so they apparently stayed settled on a type which was not their original typing; that is, they settle on their 'true type'."

This is true in my case.

The first time that I posted here (after lurking for awhile,) I remember asking for help to discern whether I was IEE or ILE... Some people here VI'd me as EIE and it swayed my opinion... (For six months I thought that I was ENFj.) Then I began to analyze the types, functions, intertype relations, temperments, etc, and realized that I was ENFp... Which is kinda what I suspected in the first place.

Interesting story, eh..? Want me to tell it again?!

Moral is... your gut is prob. correct, but study will eventually allow you to know fo sho.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Your confused because the understanding of socionics is so fucked up on this forum.
    I agree with this... And unfortunately, this breeds confusion among ppl who otherwise just want to learn about themselves and others... The same thing happened to me when I first started posting here a few yrs ago.

Some posters clearly haven't put in much time to study the concepts involved w/socionics--and thus a lot of the typings seem to come straight out of their... hehe

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hellothere View Post
    perhaps not complicated, but I think it is very subjective and open to interpretation - especially what the functions represent, which in turns forms the basis for everything else so the whole thing becomes very subjective and prone to different interpretations - maybe this is what Ezra meant by "unformalised"
    This is exactly what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    Ezra, it seems you've been on a long journey of discovery... which is just leaving you confused and uncertain.

Do you need someone strong in the force to clear up your understanding.
    I need some Ne.

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    Interesting story, eh..? Want me to tell it again?!
    Classic.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Basically, I'm as sick as you all are from type-searching. It's not some massive issue where I have no fucking clue what type I am. Because I do. I know for certain now that I am in a Se/Ni quadra; that is, Beta or Gamma. If nothing, after nearly a year of studying socionics has shown me that the likelihood of my being a Si/Ne type is so improbable I am willing to bet my life on it. However, the issue at the moment is about whether I prefer Te/Fi or Fe/Ti. I don't know what I prefer, because I haven't got a good enough grasp of a) the functions themselves and b) how they manifest themselves in my life and in those around me.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If nothing, after nearly a year of studying socionics has shown me that the likelihood of my being a Si/Ne type is so improbable I am willing to bet my life on it.
    I wouldn't do that - it seems like an incredibly silly thing to risk one's life about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

TIM
    ??
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

naturally happens, choice if anything, can be changed.
    <Crispy> what subt doesnt understand is that a healthy reaction to "FUCK YOU" is and not

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elro View Post
    I wouldn't do that - it seems like an incredibly silly thing to risk one's life about.
    Are you a chicken? I suggest that we raise the stakes. Who else is too afraid to gamble with their type?

Creepy-Cyclops

I agree with everything JuJu said. And I'm tempted to write on my views also, but I'll be pretty much re-iterating the above on this post.

Long story short, I've studied these Jungian based functionial typing methodologies/derivatives for five years now. I know it pretty well

@Ezra, sounds like your better believing in your own instincts again. When you know your type, and I believe you are close to that, and also close to seeing through the fog of confusion this forum oft creates, it falls into place, and it feels great to have it 'cracked'

@JuJu, .. JuJu = <3 !
    Last edited by Cyclops; 04-11-2008 at 09:58 AM.