Thread: Real life type descriptions

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Real life type descriptions

We have multitudes of general type descriptions laying around all over the Internet, yet I have yet to see a specific case study of one person of a certain type. So, I present to you in-depth individual descriptions of people I know, completely void of Socionics terms, except what type each one is. After describing their behaviors, I will describe their relationship to me. These are the types I will be presenting:

An INTj, a probable INTj, two ISTjs, an ISFj, an INFp, a probable INFp, an INFj, a probable ISTp, an INTp, an ENTj, a probable ENFj, a probable ESFp, and a probable ESTj.

Tonight, I'll describe the first INTj.

The INTj

This would be my 17 year old cousin. His face is somewhat rounded with a small chin, and his eyes are a bit squinted. Also, his cheekbones somewhat defined. He's conservative about his appearance, yet it is always clean and composed. And since his appearance is ordered, so is his environment. His room is very clean and ordered, yet it is very sparse of anything except a TV, a video game system, a Rubik's cube, and normal bedroom necessities (like a bed, a dresser, and a small coffee table.) Also, he feels a need to preserve the state of objects in the environment. Here's a good way to irk the hell out of him: move the living room garbage can about 1 cm, and he'll instantly move it back to where it was. Do it again, and this time he yells at you and moves it back again. Keep doing it, and he'll keep moving it back. Eventually after enough times, he simply get up and beat the hell out of you. After that, just pretend to move it, and he'll still move it back to where it was.

He's usually calm and collected, rarely doing anything that might be considered "goofy". He always wears a hat in public, even in buildings like restaurants and bowling alleys. He drives like his mom, i.e. peel out of intersections and begin to brake right before the stop sign or red light. Other than that, he drives pretty smoothly (much unlike me, who is a bit more unsure of how the road curves or how sensitive the gas and brake pedals are.) He's a bit of a picky eater, and sometimes has some strange, yet conservative tastes (like spaghetti with no sauce and uncooked Ramen noodles.) He doesn't like the oil on his pizza, the skin on his chicken, or anything except ketchup and cheese on his Burger King burgers. Also, he always drinks Pepsi and always puts a cupholder over the can and drinks with a straw.

His main interest is history, especially wars, and he aspires to be an archaeologist. He works quickly on tests and just about everything else, usually being one of the first ones done. Unlike me or my ISTj cousin, he usually gets homework projects done a few days before they are due, although he rarely ever revises an essay. Thus, his essays tend to suck, and he always stresses this point when I read and criticize them. Other than his love for history and video games, I barely know anything about his private life. He volunteers at the hospital on Sundays, and he's involved in the National Honor Society and the Spanish club in school. He gets good grades in school, ranging from A's to C's, although he rarely gets a C. He seems to show no signs of a genius.

He has an affinity to torture his cat, although it's nothing like the roughness and extreme attention-giving behavior towards pets of the INTp or ISTp. He also likes to touch you. He will sometimes walk up to you and either wrestle you to the ground or simply wrap his arms around you.

He's also somewhat of a prude.

Relationship to me

I will admit, I don't quite understand the guy, even though I've known him for many, many years. To me, he seems quite boring, although I can sometimes talk to him about general happenings at school or elsewhere. He's very private and calm around me. I don't like being left alone with him, in absence of his ISTj brother, as I'm never sure of what to say or do with him. He always seems happy to see me, although he never gets very excited. Almost every time I visit my cousins, my ISTj cousin always clings to me and ignores his brother, thus hurting him, thus I feel sympathetic towards him, although I never do anything about it (which makes me feel even worse.)

That's pretty much all I can say about him, as we're not very close, unlike me and my INFj friend and ISTj cousin.

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Your Quasi-Identical INTp friend,

Cone
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's a good idea...

i have another idea:

condense each biography to say 5 scentences.

sometimes it becomes borring to read through a long biography when what you are looking for are type charachteristics -- not individual charachteristics.

but when the biographies are very short... than we could read through a dozen of them in one go... thus getting a general picture (intuitively) of say intj type.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm an INTp. I'm descriptive by nature. :wink:

But I am describing individual characteristics along with general characteristics for two reasons: 1) I like to explain things to a great extent, and 2) I'm trying to give a whole picture of a person, so that people can compare themselves to him, so they see how much they and him differ, even though they are of the same type. Also, I want to provide some insight into noticed behaviors that may seem to contradict the general conception of each type. For instance, I forgot to say this:

"He says that he likes routine."

If I didn't give a long, drawn out description of each person, it would be just as useless and uninformative as general type descriptions for giving insight into real people, not stereotypes. I know how much you INTjs dislike description, but please bear with me. This is important.

Your Quasi-Identical INTp friend,

Cone
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you, Pedro the Lion!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    I know how much you INTjs dislike description, but please bear with me. This is important.
    We dont' like description because we don't like to throw away our zany theories with contrary evidence Rather reclassify it or put it off to think about later, don't fuck with our theories

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We dont' like description because we don't like to throw away our zany theories with contrary evidence.
    Thus, I'll throw so much contrary evidence your way that it'll make your head spin. I don't like when zany theories try to disprove my contrary evidence. :wink:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default f

He's conservative about his appearance, yet it is always clean and composed. And since his appearance is ordered, so is his environment. His room is very clean and ordered, yet it is very sparse of anything except a TV, a video game system, a Rubik's cube, and normal bedroom necessities (like a bed, a dresser, and a small coffee table.) Also, he feels a need to preserve the state of objects in the environment.
    this sounds to me like he's an ISTJ.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah, he's probably an INTj. My best friend, also an INTj, behaves the SAME exact way, albeit the lack of abusive tendency towards animals and "affinity" towards "touching things."