Thread: Superego and being online

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Superego and being online

I was thinking a few days ago how different we can be online that from offline when around other people online. So I was thinking that our online persona are our super ego functions because we use it most in our thoughts rather than actions, and it can get in the way of my Ego functions when there is no external source that I can get humanly cues from during online interaction. But maybe there are people that handle it better. Whenever I read stuff online I end up saying things that are out of character. It's like the context of the situation, there aren't any live people around me to get any body cues and such that I have to create an image of us interacting in my mind if I want any humanly cues. This usually happens when I start using my superego functions, where I'm usually just thinking. Well this isnt really well thought out. its like I'm using superego and my ego functions to the same degree, it kind of stresses me out. Does anybody think this way too? Usually I just take a nice brisk walk to shake off the feelings.

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

>_> I'm positive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carla View Post
    You should see my posts, man. "HELLO! I WANT SOME HAPPY HAPPY ALPHA FE HERE NOW!!! I LIKE PUPPIES!!! DO YOU LIKE PUPPIES!!! IS ANY ESFJ OUT THERE!!!!!"
    lols. I guess in situations where we are uncomfortable our super ego functions arise, and we are hoping our duals to help us with it, as they don't have it as weak and conscious function, using super id with wreckless abandon without consciously being aware of it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm.. if this theory is true, I must act like an SEI online. But wait, I claim to be ILI online, does that make me SEI offline? ARGH TEH INFINITE LOOP :self-defenestration:
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BLauritson View Post
    Hmm.. if this theory is true, I must act like an SEI online. But wait, I claim to be ILI online, does that make me SEI offline? ARGH TEH INFINITE LOOP :self-defenestration:
    Oh boy I've got myself into a mess. >_> Both superego and ego functions are conscious, but in inter-relations you are using your Ego functions, making it Conscious and Strong in intertype relations. Superego is when we aren't communicating but reflecting it to ourselves, hence it's Conscious, but Weak in intertype relations. It's like our Ego functions are underlining weak points of it's superego functions. Then I considered when being online, you aren't really going at intertype relations with someone, because you are reading it and reflecting to yourself, making your Ego and Superego functions work to almost the same degree. I hope that clears things up.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I see what you mean now (don't pay too much attention to my previous post, I have a tendency to be silly like that), although I'm not entirely sure that it necessarily works like that.. I dunno, the more I think about it the more unsure of myself I become. Argh. Sorry, I think I've dug myself into a hole here. Please excuse me.
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see some merit to your idea. I'm not sure I can do an adequate job of explaining, however.