Thread: Supervisee poll

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Supervisee poll

I am interested to see if supervisors feel as attracted to their supervisees as they are to their supervisors.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not as much, but they are still cool.
    LSI

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never met my supervisee!

Honestly, I can't imagine supervising anyone. Hmm, I don't even think ENTps would want to be supervised by someone like me.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    Yes you have.

TIM
    SEI, 9
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Yes you have.
    buahahaha
    "Language is the Rubicon that divides man from beast."

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't like em as much, really

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin
    I think my supervisees are really cute and cool. But they hate me and think I'm annoying and purposefully stubborn for no good reason. It's quite frustrating, as I want them to like me.
    you have those ENTjs on a leash, don't ya?

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oddly enough, whenever IEEs are around me, I feel like I'm supervising them.

I've never noticed myself 'supervising' any LIE's in anyway whatsoever. I also have a hard time imagining LIEs being supervised by SLIs. I'm still a little skeptical about that one.

I do believe I was once supervised by a former ESE boss of mine. He was the head chef and I performed prep duties. He had lots of instructions, was very meticulous, and work with him was ever changing and challenging. He was very social, liked to experiment with different things constantly, and always wanted to make sure his co-workers were well fed and his cooks were well paid. I think he felt, and wanted others to feel, a special 'kinship' among his cooking staff.

I both dreaded (just a little) and enjoyed working with him because the work days were somewhat relaxed, though unpredictable, and it seemed my limited 'skills' were always being put to the test.

I was more concerned with 'not screwing up' and being viewed as a competent employee than I was with 'getting his attention' or getting him to like me personally. Plus, he seemed to take a personal liking to me anyway. Often holding me as an example for other co-workers to follow and praising my 'adaptability.' He liked how organized I kept my workspace and felt that I was one of the few employees he could always depend on.

To be fair, nearly every 'boss' on every job I've ever held in my adult life has expressed the same.

It was a HUGE shock to me when I learned that another co-worker (more or less on equal footing with him) believed the ESE chef to be "controlling" and bossy and always ordering me around. My co-worker thought that the ESE was mean to me or somewhat abusive and that I was unhappy, but was not the type to complain to others about it.

I was utterly surprised since my feelings about the relationship were practically opposite. Nonetheless, it was interesting to learn how others viewed our professional relationship.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where's the "I supervise people?" option. I don't ever notice myself supervising ISTjs. If I do and they're attracted to me it's news to my ears.

@Mune: Yeah, really. I keep raising this question, though I would say it probably has to do with sub-type. Perhaps you just don't lord Fi over people very often?
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mn0good View Post
    Where's the "I supervise people?" option. I don't ever notice myself supervising ISTjs. If I do and they're attracted to me it's news to my ears.

@Mune: Yeah, really. I keep raising this question, though I would say it probably has to do with sub-type. Perhaps you just don't lord Fi over people very often?
    oh we supervise them we really do. our Ne annoys the shit out of them. just like the Fi of the EII annoys the shit out of us. at a close distance i mean.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, you have a point there. My Se-ISTj hates my randomness a lot of the time. She never understood my need for chaos and couldn't figure out that the more she tried to order my life and bring routine into it the more I would screw it up.
    ILE
    7w8 so/sp

Very busy with work. Only kind of around.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To INFps? Well, I've been attracted to them yeah. But I'd guess it had more to do with the girl being hot rather than our type relationship.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    INFp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My supervisee is as attracted to me as suprising are poll results.

The source of superivision is supervisor's lead function, so that relation must be much more comfortable for him.
    I know well one LSI and he finds me irritating. Since me met, making him mad at me is one of my favourite entertainments I frequently disturb him at work to pick him out of the boredom and make him do something more attractive for a while. I don't appreciate his Ne-PoLR traits, but they don't irritate me.
    After all, our relation is somewhat close to friendship, and I think it wouldn't be so, if supervisee didn't naturally interest supervisor by weakness of the first, and feeling that "he needs my help" of the second one.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I usually lack intuition but on the two occasions I've become close to ILEs, my first instinct when I met them was to run away. That feeling, however, was not mutual!

I generally get along better with SEE males>females. I can appreciate them from a distance but if I were to get any closer, I'd be forever questioning their sincerity.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by munenori2 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Yes you have.
    Haha, I meant irl that I'd typed and gotten to know!

Quote Originally Posted by mn0good View Post
    Perhaps you just don't lord Fi over people very often?
    Yeah, I honestly don't think I do. How does it feel for you Fi PoLRs to have it lorded over you? What's it look like? I must know so I can scribble it into my handbook of highly developed, rigid moral axioms!
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love INTp's especially niffweed, i am horrified by isfp-Fe's questions.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mpiazza000 View Post
    Fucking thread bumper. You think you supervise niffweed, lol? More like du4lity!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what kinds of questions do isfps ask that affect you so?

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I feel my supervisee is more attracted to me than I am to them...and I am attracted to my supervisor.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    what kinds of questions do isfps ask that affect you so?
    Isfp are very well adware of their enviornment, they are also very keen to slow pace conversation as a sense that they are dragging on the words to finish the conversation. althought they are kind, I can't spend too much time with them becuase the flow of speech i have tends to be in a very different rythym with them, maybe it is because of
    FE(J) and SI(P). so likly, I have to struggle with my words and change my pace of my speech to match their style of sppech. Besides the one-on-one conversation with them, I often feel like they want to drag things out of the enviornment and engaged in a conversation with me about those things in which I dont have much opinion about. They Seeking (NE) i guess.

1)

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AS to the question they asked, I feel like some isfp-fe tends to get too carried away with their Fe to match my Fe in a sense, they often ask questions like, who are you dating now, how old is he, really? is she pretty? oh so when are you going to bring her out and show me? but wait, yous should dress better if you want to meet a girl like that. all those questions are asked even before i can actually answer them.

1)

2)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find that i am generally attracted to ESFp's (at least at first), but then again most people seem to be attracted to ESFp's because they are so likeable. However, i don't think the connection is very deep or meaningful between us, so the attraction usually doesn't last long. ENTp's tend to be somewhat attracted to me, but generally they just want to gain my approval which seems to be characteristic of relations of supervision. I think the supervisee normally wants to receive praise and encouragement from the supervisor, but I'm not sure that attraction is the best word to describe this. In general, I find relations of supervision to be pretty uncomfortable and unsatisfying. If there is any sort of attraction, it usually turns into irritation once you become closer friends.

~INFj

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ann2430 View Post
    I find that i am generally attracted to ESFp's (at least at first), but then again most people seem to be attracted to ESFp's because they are so likeable. However, i don't think the connection is very deep or meaningful between us, so the attraction usually doesn't last long. ENTp's tend to be somewhat attracted to me, but generally they just want to gain my approval which seems to be characteristic of relations of supervision. I think the supervisee normally wants to receive praise and encouragement from the supervisor, but I'm not sure that attraction is the best word to describe this. In general, I find relations of supervision to be pretty uncomfortable and unsatisfying. If there is any sort of attraction, it usually turns into irritation once you become closer friends.

~INFj

yeah.. i know you said most but it is just odd to see someone say ESFps are so likable.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AS to the question they asked, I feel like some isfp-fe tends to get too carried away with their Fe to match my Fe in a sense, they often ask questions like, who are you dating now, how old is he, really? is she pretty? oh so when are you going to bring her out and show me? but wait, yous should dress better if you want to meet a girl like that. all those questions are asked even before i can actually answer them.
    sounds like Si immediacy with Fe that is grating you.

btw i have seen this pairing, ENFj - ISFp and ISFp - ESTj more than once.
    Last edited by Ms. Kensington; 10-29-2008 at 04:07 PM. Reason: no double post

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington View Post
    yeah.. i know you said most but it is just odd to see someone say ESFps are so likable.
    Oh I think they're very likeable! You don't? Oh, they're your conflictor. I see.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington View Post
    sounds like Si immediacy with Fe that is grating you.

btw i have seen this pairing, ENFj - ISFp and ISFp - ESTj more than once.
    I have an aunt and uncle who are ENFj-ISFp. They've been married for about 35 years now.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Brilliand told me the difference between introverted supervising and extroverted supervising. An introverted supervisor will stop their supervisee from doing something, while an extroverted supervisor will make their supervisee do something. So there's already a difference in extroverted and introverted supervising.

I've been observing people, and I think introverts are more attracted to their supervisees, wilst extroverts are more attracted to their supervisors. Does this sound accurate?

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    Brilliand told me the difference between introverted supervising and extroverted supervising. An introverted supervisor will stop their supervisee from doing something, while an extroverted supervisor will make their supervisee do something. So there's already a difference in extroverted and introverted supervising.

I've been observing people, and I think introverts are more attracted to their supervisees, wilst extroverts are more attracted to their supervisors. Does this sound accurate?

This sounds very accurate. Both my aunt and uncle and my husband and I are in supervisory marriages where the introvert is the supervisor. I think it works much better that way than the other way around.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    This sounds very accurate. Both my aunt and uncle and my husband and I are in supervisory marriages where the introvert is the supervisor. I think it works much better that way than the other way around.
    My grandparents are the same, and my best friend is a male INTp.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DeAnte View Post
    I've never noticed myself 'supervising' any LIE's in anyway whatsoever. I also have a hard time imagining LIEs being supervised by SLIs. I'm still a little skeptical about that one.
    Trust me. You guys do. I honestly am not even sure how you guys do it. I just find my SLI "friend" is always able to frustrate the living hell out of me. I feel like I'm going crazy for no reason at times. It's really irritating, I always feel like I'm on the defensive. I think he does it on purpose.

I used to like being around him, but I think he purposely finds my weak spot now.
    Last edited by Azeroffs; 06-04-2009 at 06:45 AM.
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ We should hang out, you can keep those SLIs off my back :tongue:
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azeroffs View Post
    Trust me. You guys do. I honestly am not even sure how you guys do it. I just find my SLI "friend" is always able to frustrate the living hell out of me. I feel like I'm going crazy for no reason at times. It's really irritating, I always feel like I'm on the defensive. I think he does it on purpose.

I used to like being around him, but I think he purposely finds my weak spot now.
    What's your weak spot?

Quote Originally Posted by MaliaFee View Post
    But with my supervisee I am sort of indifferent. Not sure how they feel about me though.
    I hate you.

Quote Originally Posted by Azeroffs View Post
    ^ We should hang out, you can keep those SLIs off my back :tongue:
    Hi. I'm here to make your life miserable.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    What's your weak spot?
    As far as Si PoLR goes, I'm not completely sure. Just being around the SLI I know puts me on edge though. He's always doing nothing and wants me to join in. It sounds stupid, but it really just bugs me, I'm not sure why... Well now I'm sure why, but before socionics I wasn't sure. He just bugs me in general. I think it's the lack of Fi and abundance of Si. Staying distant while still wanting me to waste my time. He can be an ass too, it might not be completely type related.
    3w4-5w6-9w8