Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default IM and Evil: what's your take?

When I think of evil, I immediately think systems: the systematic, ritualized, reflexive perpetuance of an act that is certain to bring about something very, very terrible. To me, evil is +Ti taken to extremes and fueled by the very worst of +Fe: widespread fear, panic, hate that seemingly hovers about in a nation, or group's, consciousness, driving it toward unspeakable acts of depravity. I only need to remember the Nazis, or the state of international relations prior to WWI, to understand how dangerous such blind, mechanical, and inhumane rigor can be. From my PoV, there is too much of it already, and not enough positive self-reflection, not enough meaningful analysis. I see ENFps like Mikemex beginning to propound some ill-thought "principle" that threatens to spread like a virus, bringing with it the concealed hate it is intended to mislead to, and something in me snaps. Evil, evil, evil spreading everywhere. Callousness, mercilessness, blind rigor, like a hungry animal ripping into the flesh of the slain. Systemic, automatic, beastial, base. And when I see someone who for a moment seems to walk the path toward this end, by means of any sense of ethnic hatred, of any sense of detatchment from hard logic, my estimation of them dips to near nothing: they are trafficking stupidity, and the false rationality that follows it. Where +Fe goes, +Ti will soon follow -- blind, self-justifying rigor..., and only evil will come of it.

I'd like to make clear that I'm not saying this with regard to all +Ti, only that +Ti that is built upon hate, fear, ... the very worst +Fe has to offer. Likewise, I don't see +Fe as completely evil, either; like all functions, it has a social aspect and a raw, driven id aspect. When I see the above in +Ti, I'm really seeing the very worst in myself -- in my id -- and projecting it onto the world around me. (although, projections can be accurate, obviously.)

How does your id manifest? What inhuman horrors would you use to describe it?
    Last edited by tcaudilllg; 01-22-2008 at 12:05 AM.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

inhuman horrors?!? Are you serious?

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    C'mon Loki, I'll show you how it's done.

tcaudilllg, my ego functions manifest pretty horribly, I must confess. (It's not quite up to the level of killing little orphans with nerve gas, but it's pretty close).................................Sometimes I kill people with my histronic displays of . Also, I drive ESTjs like UPD to the brink of insanity with my .
    Oh be serious. I'm talking your darkest +Ni projections here.

I suspect that your id plays a role in your worst fears. (Freud called this "the death instinct") I personally am terrified by the mere sight of a Terminator exoskeleton. I'd thought about why for a long time, but now I'm quite certain that the Terminator represents the very worst of +Ti: cold, systemic, programmed by fear.... (DO NOT post a picture of that thing here; it will disturb me and I will request that it be removed.) I saw Terminator when I was five, and I was deeply scarred by the experience. Watching that thing -- with its unnatural movements -- stalk after Sarah O'Connor even after its legs were gone... the most terrifying sight I have ever seen.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    Callousness, mercilessness, blind rigor, like a hungry animal ripping into the flesh of the slain.
    Surely it's good efficieny to eat the flesh of the slain? And surely it is more 'evil' for a non-hungry animal to callously and mercilessly rip into the flesh of a defenceless dead body?

And when people speak of humane acts...well, murder is kind of humane in the sense only humans commit murder. So what exactly is an inhuman horror?

And, and, and...