Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brag about ISTps here

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Brag about ISTps here.

That's right. This is a brag thread. Talk about all the things you enjoy/admire/like/respect about ISTps here. Anecdotes are welcome, as well as what you admire/enjoy/like/respect about the type in general. Ready? Set. GO!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<shrug>
    eh, we're OK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Bukowski
    We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.
    SLI

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never met an ISTp or an ESFp, it's sad.

How are you guys?
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they're cool in every way. Wish I knew more. But from the ones I've met, they give off that laid-back, mysterious and interesting vibe. Rebel without a Cause kinda thing But of course, I idealize this all a bit...
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jewels View Post
    they're cool in every way. Wish I knew more. But from the ones I've met, they give off that laid-back, mysterious and interesting vibe. Rebel without a Cause kinda thing But of course, I idealize this all a bit...
    maybe.
    but i get the same vibe too.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They dont let me get close. I've always found most people easy. Throw some kindness and charm and Fi their way and they are likely to melt. And i can see the extent they have melted.

ISTp's aren't like that. I always wonder if the two ISTp's i know even like me. I have no idea how much they like me. I get the impression they think im "ok". lol. One of them is like an ice cold rock. He rings me occasionally and askes me to come over. So that means he thinks im ok. But we wont really let me in. My old friend is hot and cold with me. Sometimes he does open up emotionally. Other times i think hes ready to tell me to fuck myself. I have met a third ISTp who seems to be more friendly to me though.

Even though that sounds strange and not bragging, I think it works in their favour. It keeps me guessing.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They fix stuff. Although it sometimes takes work to get them off their project and on yours.

They are relaxed and don't rush you or anything. Yay to not rushing!

They make sure there is gas in the tank of your car so you don't run out of gas in the middle of a busy street and have to flag down college boys to help you push your car into a Subway parking lot and call for help.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meatburger:

If your buddy calls you and tells you to come over, trust me, that's big. It takes a lot for me to call my friends over. A LOT.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meatburger View Post
    They dont let me get close. I've always found most people easy. Throw some kindness and charm and Fi their way and they are likely to melt. And i can see the extent they have melted.

ISTp's aren't like that. I always wonder if the two ISTp's i know even like me. I have no idea how much they like me. I get the impression they think im "ok". lol. One of them is like an ice cold rock. He rings me occasionally and askes me to come over. So that means he thinks im ok. But we wont really let me in. My old friend is hot and cold with me. Sometimes he does open up emotionally. Other times i think hes ready to tell me to fuck myself. I have met a third ISTp who seems to be more friendly to me though.

Even though that sounds strange and not bragging, I think it works in their favour. It keeps me guessing.
    Let me tell you a few tips, though I think that with the girls it's easier, well depends... ok, let me focus.

It's not a good idea to be too "in your face" with them about how you feel. In fact, the best thing is to let them be the ones to display affection openly, whenever it is they want to with no pressure. This will allow them to comfortably express whatever it is they are feeling, which is a lot sometimes but they just don't say it, or just decide to forget it later. In other words, dryness can be a good thing with them. I'm saying this because I'm like the master dry person in the outside sometimes by accident, which I guess makes them comfortable, or acts like a vaccuum that makes them talk. Also, the best thing is probably to say things with a straight face to focus on what is said than how it is being said, if that makes sense.

Another thing is that they might have this unshakable, over-the-top sense of morality in some issues. However, in general, I think they value politeness and respect a great deal. Some have even told me that I am not polite, and sometimes the "I can't believe you just said that..." I'm guessing it would be more of a shock with certain ENFps. So if, for example, you do crazy stuff like licking a meatball so that no one else can eat it, and you don't eat it, then that's not good. At least, I saw an ENFp do it, haha.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    Meatburger:

If your buddy calls you and tells you to come over, trust me, that's big. It takes a lot for me to call my friends over. A LOT.
    Yeah, I was about to say. It can even be a huge thing, unless that's the custom in your parts.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do a lot of the people they really love. Do a whole lot.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

very loving people. just that most people don't see it because they are so not obvious.
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Sereno. Yeah im never really in their face about feelings. I was all touchy feely when i was younger but im quite over that now. I am quite forceful when im annoyed though. Im not scared to tell ISTps or ESTj's that they have shitted me off. I always feel bad after though. Im actually not to fussed with ISTp girls. Ive handled myself well with them, ive just had terrible bad luck with them actually getting to know me.

=) Excellent. Unfortunately i am exactly the same. I barely ever ring anybody. When i was younger i had far too many people calling me so i never learnt to take the initiative.

I just invited them both to the cricket next week. Awaiting responses. Im feeling both of them are going to bail on me
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When i was younger i used to look at my ISTP friend and actually just feel "Cool" by association. I cant really explain it but he would drive around in his car with this calm internal im just driving state lol. Used to just make me grin

Its unexplainable what i appreciate about them. Its just the way they think. Like they just do what makes them happy and what they want to do.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awww, ISTp. So cute, specially when they try to give away, either intentionally or not, the impression that they are tough people. I have the impression that ISTp are among the top softest and gentlest people. It soon becomes obvious when you observe them to take care of their pets or to interact with little children.

Too bad that many males choose to follow the traditional gender roles and hide this part of their personality.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikemex View Post
    Awww, ISTp. So cute, specially when they try to give away, either intentionally or not, the impression that they are tough people. I have the impression that ISTp are among the top softest and gentlest people. It soon becomes obvious when you observe them to take care of their pets or to interact with little children.

Too bad that many males choose to follow the traditional gender roles and hide this part of their personality.
    Actually the ones I know hate kids... can't stand them.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sereno View Post
    They say that until they have kids of their own, IMO. And that's not based just my husband.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sereno View Post
    I was that way until my sister had my niece. It completely changed. I still don't really enjoy other people's children though.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    I was that way until my sister had my niece. It completely changed. I still don't really enjoy other people's children though.
    That sounds about right. My husband didn't want kids. He told me that he never wanted kids. After our daughter was around a while, he changed his mind about kids, but he never really warmed up to other kids, just ours. He's more friendly toward all kids but I don't think he'd ever take a job where he had to work with kids or anything like that.
    -Mark Twain

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really don't like kids either. As is said in the movie State and Main, "I never saw the point." As a kid I had affection for a pet dog for a while. Since we moved, I gave him up to my Dad and haven't cared about the dog since. I think that's just kid phase though, as I really don't care for animals, which my type supposedly does.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're all different. Most of the time I can't stand other people's kids, and I certainly don't see the point of those money suckers right now.

But I'm sure i'll change.

And I only like dogs.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol yeah my ISTP friend puts on a voice when his pets are around. He will pull out the brush and brush his cat. Definately loves animals.

When he was driving his remote control cars, him and his mate seemed horrified and they saw a group of kids comming. They hate them as they always ask questions.

I hate babies =). I love kids about 2 years old. They are amazing at that age. Older smart allec kids. Gross
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My husband absolutely adores his cat. We got a new cat and he's worried about how his cat is responding to the new cat's appearance. Her response is somewhere along the lines of, "Sorry, but the position of cat in this house has already been filled." Combined with some hissing and growling.

The new cat is slowly growing on him. He has a flatulence issue which sometimes makes it difficult to love him. His name is Pete but everyone has taken to calling him Stinky Pete. The vet is going to give me something called "probiotics" to help him with his tummy problems. So far he's had $400 in vet bills for various problems. My husband doesn't like that either.

He doesn't like dogs. Only cats. I've often wondered about the whole cat people/dog people thing. Many people seem to have a clear preference.

The ISTp next door LOVES her dog. But I do have ISTp friends who don't have pets.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really like dogs that much. They just require too much attention and they're too hard to take care of. Cats are a lot easier. They seem to have more personality. They don't need constant attention.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    They say that until they have kids of their own, IMO. And that's not based just my husband.
    I 'm kinda neutral on that one, but I think I might be attracted to people who like and are good with kids.

ps. I don't like pets as much as they like me.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wont make this into a dogs vs cats thing.

Enfps are good with kids i think. My ex had a 2 year old. I loved him much more than her by the end lol. Many other types can be good with kids too. Kids always stare at me. Babies, Kids at the lights. I think its my round face. They seem to see me as one of their own. Perhaps its because Im am an infantile.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah kids do that too, even if I make a mean face they laugh

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kids in general make me uneasy. I don't really like the fact I'm expected to act....um, soft around them. It makes me uncomfortable. I can't talk kid talk. I talk to them like they're adults.. 'hey, what's up...how are you, what's going on?'. lol. Doesn't really work. And I don't like the fact they don't censor what comes out of their mouths. I can't wait to have kids of my own, however.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I ignore the expectations of me to treat kids like "kids", whatever that means. I just treat them like adults that don't know any better. So yeah I do what jessica does.. "Hey, what's up? You gonna eat that apple sauce?"

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    "Hey, what's up? You gonna eat that apple sauce?"
    its as easy as stealing applesauce from a baby
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by njio View Post
    Hahaha. Yeah, I think it's a bit patronizing to treat kids like dumbasses... they'll do the same to you
    Exactly. Kids are naive, not fucking stupid.
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

ISTps aren't braggards. At least this thread is giving off that impression.

Another reason to brag: Keith Richards.

ISTps are unpretentious. I don't think ISTps ever WANT to be cool. Perhaps a certain level of coolness is required to keep people from interfering with one's way of life. But apart from that: wearing, eating, saying or listening to stuff "because it makes me look cool"? Please. ISTps would file that under "useless expenditure of energy for moronic reasons".

They're live-and-let-live people. It's your life, you've got to do what you think is best, even if it IS idiotic. They don't interfere with other people's business, they don't manipulate anyone, they don't try to convert others.

Unlikely to be manipulated. Sane. Independent. Grounded.

They're unhurried. No rush.

In a field that interests them, they're likely to have very high standards and to do a very good and thorough job. Therefore I'd say they're usually very good at what they're doing.

Egalitarian. Can be "the" expert in a field without being patronizing. Don't have to be "the" boss; being the boss usually means having lots of faff and bother (ugh) - worse: it means having to deal with "people" issues - ARGH. As long as their boss is fair, reasonable etc, they're loyal followers. Only they're not "following" anyone, really; they're merely walking in the same direction and letting the boss do all the unpleasant work.

Loyal. They're not clingy, and can let much time pass by without contacting anyone; but if they're best friends with someone, then they're best friends, period.

Generous. Able to help someone because help is required; not on a tit-for-tat basis, and not "up to a certain point but not beyond". F.expl., if an ISTp met someone who's obviously lost their way completely, he might get into his own car and drive ahead of them to the next intersection that has reliable signposts. And think nothing of it. It's what needed to be done, so they did it. He'd never dream of making a big song-and-dance about it.

Unflappable.

Unostentatious.

As a rule, their opinions are informed and well thought through.

Polite. Courteous. Unwilling to hurt anyone's feelings or rock any boats. They can do that, but usually just if they're being pushed too far. Especially towards anyone who is in a weaker position than they themselves are, they're VERY considerate and helpful. Not just that - they'll even make sure that it's not patronizing the other person or putting them under a sense of obligation. This is usually done very quietly, and quite often they don't even feel like they're doing such a big thing.

They have three feelings they know of: "calm", "mildly irritated" and "bad". This was stated by some ISTps in older threads. One made a protocol of how he was feeling during the day. It largely went: "Calm. .... Calm. .... Still calm. ... Supervisor is being unreasonable: feeling mildly irritated. ... Calm again." I find that relaxing.

They love the way ENFps aren't all that well organized. This, of course, is a very good quality to have. An ISTp's idea of hell: marrying someone who has the right tupperware container for everything.

Plus, they're usually good at cooking and at tuning guitars.

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ridiculously good description there, bud
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by schrödinger's cat View Post
    They love the way ENFps aren't all that well organized. This, of course, is a very good quality to have. An ISTp's idea of hell: marrying someone who has the right tupperware container for everything.
    Hahaha...
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTP (basicaly males)are the ones that I know that when they say their going to ignore me, there ignoring me, lol.
    ISFP, SEI

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When others say it they don't ignore you? What's the point of telling you then?
    "Those who make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities..."

- Voltaire

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I <3 ISTps.
    I usually always click with these guys really well.

The ones I know are so chill and I love being around them because of it.

One ISTp friend of mine is a complete genious...he invented a whole new way of subtracting numbers from each other in second grade. He's also one of the few people that's actualy up for doing fun adventurous stuff with me.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theMime. View Post
    One ISTp friend of mine is a complete genious..
    hehe cute
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

Creepy-Cyclops

Personally, I do not need to brag. My actions speak louder than words...but then, there are times when I just would like to sit around and well, do nothing mm..

But, would you say that most people take their 'strengths' for granted? It is not until we are around those who appreciate, or have need of our strengths that we all realise the importance of what it is that we have to offer.

And of course, importantly, what some may view as a weakness, others may view as a strength. And sometimes, objectively a strength is also a weakness!.. eg stubborness..good for some things, maybe not so good for others

Personally I therefore find it difficult to classify strengths and weaknesses..what is more important I feel is to work on the personal things that the *individual* finds to be useful or of importance. I guess one could summarise this by personal development..and I feel, a worthy task it is

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTps can be really pretty and hot. That mysterious personality that never gives much or opens up.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast