Thread: Brag about ISFjs here

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Brag about ISFjs here.

That's right. This is a brag thread. Talk about all the things you enjoy/admire/like/respect about ISFjs here. Anecdotes are welcome, as well as what you admire/enjoy/like/respect about the type in general. Ready? Set. GO!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They increase my effectiveness by reminding me that something has to be done when I get too thoughtful; they gently help me with Fe and Si issues without making it feel like a criticism. Many other things.

Also, in certain circumstances, they can reassure me that something is the right thing to do.

As in:

me: "Hmm -- I do think that that guy is despicable and must be punished, but perhaps that's too harsh -- maybe it was partly my fault -- maybe other things explain his actions --"

ISFj: "What are you talking about? Of course he's despicable and deserves to be punished! No question!"

me: "Yes, you're right." *punishes guy without any further hesitation*
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As Expat said, they are very self-righteous in their behavior towards other people. They impose their moral will upon other people, which in some circles is a good thing.

VERY supportive of the family model, very loving people.

*thumb up*
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I respect how protective they are of their inner circle of friends, because I'm in at least one ISFj's inner circle. I like how they claim to be incredible quiet, yet if you do get into that inner circle, they can actually be quite talkative in a way that even Alphas can appreciate.

I love how they stick to their principles and do not let anything get in the way of that. And I appreciate them being incredibly open about their opinions, be damned, which is an approach that even -types with unpopular opinions should appreciate.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Creative Se is good for video games.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They can be really, really, really hot.

and loyal, too.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My best friend of 11 years is ISFj. I don't know. She's cool.
    INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am beginning to think that my oldest friend might be ISFj, but he is hard to type.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I only know one ISFj closely. Dunno - does she impose her moral opinions on others? Not really. She's very certain of her own moral judgments, that's true. It's not like she's "having an opinion", more like she's seeing the blindingly obvious.

Other than that... loving, caring, and very good at it because she's one of the most un-soppy, unsentimental, un-woolly-minded people I know. She'd never go "nom nom nom" over pictures of kittens. Or stroke an invalid's feverish head and say "how are we today?" It's all very hands-on and practical and no-nonsense. Jeanne d'Arc. Florence Nightingale. A bit Mary Poppins.

Also: very good with kids. She takes them seriously and would never talk down to them or patronize them. She hardly ever patronizes anyone. She can relate to and chat with pretty much everyone. When it comes to people, she has very few prejudices and is able to overcome those she has. One of her strengths is that she's able to see her own imperfections, admit that she has them, and work on them. Like, she used to be very shy and systematically worked on developing self-confidence. Another ISFj whom I don't know very well does that too. Both do it merely as a matter of course, much as they'd repair a leaky roof or fix a flat tyre, so there's no psychobabble about how they're on a journey of self-discovery or something.

She's a great person to hang out with - fun-loving, able to enjoy herself thoroughly, intelligent, clear-sighted, unsentimental, with a wicked sense of humour. (I'm trying never to misspeak anything when she's by - she'll laugh till she nearly falls off her chair.)

...I hope I haven't made any ENTj's mouth water.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't know about the ENTjs, but i believe you've made my mouth water. i like her approach to child rearing. i saw that same sort of approach with my dad's ex-wife and how she acts when she's around my sister's children (also an ISFj, possibly a sensory subtype.) non-patronizing people are wonderful.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by schrödinger's cat View Post
    I only know one ISFj closely. Dunno - does she impose her moral opinions on others? Not really. She's very certain of her own moral judgments, that's true. It's not like she's "having an opinion", more like she's seeing the blindingly obvious.

Other than that... loving, caring, and very good at it because she's one of the most un-soppy, unsentimental, un-woolly-minded people I know. She'd never go "nom nom nom" over pictures of kittens. Or stroke an invalid's feverish head and say "how are we today?" It's all very hands-on and practical and no-nonsense. Jeanne d'Arc. Florence Nightingale. A bit Mary Poppins.

Also: very good with kids. She takes them seriously and would never talk down to them or patronize them. She hardly ever patronizes anyone. She can relate to and chat with pretty much everyone. When it comes to people, she has very few prejudices and is able to overcome those she has. One of her strengths is that she's able to see her own imperfections, admit that she has them, and work on them. Like, she used to be very shy and systematically worked on developing self-confidence. Another ISFj whom I don't know very well does that too. Both do it merely as a matter of course, much as they'd repair a leaky roof or fix a flat tyre, so there's no psychobabble about how they're on a journey of self-discovery or something.

She's a great person to hang out with - fun-loving, able to enjoy herself thoroughly, intelligent, clear-sighted, unsentimental, with a wicked sense of humour. (I'm trying never to misspeak anything when she's by - she'll laugh till she nearly falls off her chair.)
    Overall it sounds like a description of quite healthy individuals. It's not something one can read on socionics forums very often.

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    I passed my oral and checkride today I am now a fully licensed pilot woot!! (this is a brag thread, right?)

Weather and winds and examiner availability finally cooperated! Funny though, the examiner and a student he brought along with him (he had a cold and couldn't fly) was looking at the windsock and commenting on how much wind there was, and not sure if we should go ahead and do the flying portion after the oral test. I said, "That's lower than normal for around here" And the other Casper student taking it with me laughed and said, "It really IS lower than normal!" We did get to do both parts even with the "strong wind"

wooooooooooooo

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My isfj mum lets me know she loves me all the time. buys me little treats, leaves me notes, cleans and cooks for me. A few minutes ago she attacked the dandruff in my hair lol. She knows about all current events. Radio attached to her head 24/7. Her moods are very stable barely ever upset. She works hard, always knows where my belongings are. She cares a lot about her family always sending gifts to relatives on their birthdays etc. Shes very funny every now and then out of the blue. Very perceptve. Always reminding me of appointments and that i need new clothes. She is quite uncomplicated but cute in her own way.

She made me the practically useless at cooking and cleaning man that i am today. Also made me happy. She gives me the impression that she would jump in front of a train to save me.

EDIT: she just asked if i will be home for dinner and i said no. She asked how i was driving as i have a broken hand. Im like ummmmmmmm
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"If you could only see the way she loves me
    Then maybe you would understand
    Why I feel this way about our love
    And what I must do
    If you could only see how blue her eyes can be when she says
    When she says she loves me"
    -Tonic
    INTp, ILI Logical subtype

Drum 'n' Bass head

GorillaSound.net

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meatburger View Post
    My isfj mum lets me know she loves me all the time. buys me little treats, leaves me notes, cleans and cooks for me. A few minutes ago she attacked the dandruff in my hair lol. She knows about all current events. Radio attached to her head 24/7. Her moods are very stable barely ever upset. She works hard, always knows where my belongings are. She cares a lot about her family always sending gifts to relatives on their birthdays etc. Shes very funny every now and then out of the blue. Very perceptive. Always reminding me of appointments and that i need new clothes. She is quite uncomplicated but cute in her own way.

She made me the practically useless at cooking and cleaning man that i am today. Also made me happy. She gives me the impression that she would jump in front of a train to save me.

EDIT: she just asked if i will be home for dinner and i said no. She asked how i was driving as i have a broken hand. Im like ummmmmmmm
    Your ISFj mum sounds very nice. :\
    All that is true for mine except what it bolded.
    I don't have a choice for dinner.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are typically hardworking and fair people. Usually very cool and are good to have as friends.

As a matter of fact, despite them being my "conflictors" I have several ISFj friends and acquaintances. They are pretty easy to get along with, I just think they get a bad rep sometimes because their Fi can be quite stubborn, and non Fi types do not understand this.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

"Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in."
    -- Confucius

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have an ISFj friend...she's sooooooo sweet!

Always does the right thing too.