Thread: MBTT profile

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default MBTT profile

INTP profile

this is the first INTP description i read and given its accuracy in describing me, i have never really deviated from seeing INTP as my type. i'm wondering if other INTps relate (in the interest of recent threads by Ezra and Salawa).
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

Jerry, The Zoo Story by Edward Albee

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd like to select a few bits to ask you whether you really think they describe you accurately.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reyn_til_runa View Post
    INTP profile

this is the first INTP description i read and given its accuracy in describing me, i have never really deviated from seeing INTP as my type. i'm wondering if other INTps relate (in the interest of recent threads by Ezra and Salawa).
    Every INTp relates to it, but some other types, for example some intuitive ENTps, might also do that if they are uneducated and are taking their first steps in typology. But it is clearly a description that is heavily based on real life INTps. It does not describe the typical behaviours and attitudes of INTjs, and it is not a description of an INFp. It is an INTp (ILI) description based on a very confused conception of the functions involved.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    I'd like to select a few bits to ask you whether you really think they describe you accurately.
    sure, i could benefit from this as well. on the whole, it's accurate, but there are parts that deserve a closer look.
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    Every INTp relates to it, but some other types, for example some intuitive ENTps, might also do that if they are uneducated and are taking their first steps in typology. But it is clearly a description that is heavily based on real life INTps. It does not describe the typical behaviours and attitudes of INTjs, and it is not a description of an INFp. It is an INTp (ILI) description based on a very confused conception of the functions involved.
    Shut up with your dogmatist crap.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Shut up with your dogmatist crap.
    I am certainly right about this one, and it has nothing to do with dogmatism. You on the other hand, tend to make up your mind very quickly without investigating things first. That is dogmatism.

In this case you could analyze the text yourself, ask other ILIs what they think about it, let some ENTps you know IRL read it etc. as a test to see if what I say is likely to be true or not. You could do that or you could shut your mouth.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or you could not answer the question for other people, and instead a) let them decide and b) if you think you're an ILI, answer the question for yourself.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or you could not answer the question for other people, and instead a) let them decide.
    By my post I have not prevented them from doing it. Let them decide if they agree with my statement or not. If they disagree it could be an interesting discussion.

and b) if you think you're an ILI, answer the question for yourself.
    That I have already done, briefly in this thread and in much more depth in at least one some posts in the past. Search for it if you are interested. I don't remember exactly when and in which thread(s).

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    By my post I have not prevented them from doing it. Let them decide if they agree with my statement or not. If they disagree it could be an interesting discussion.
    Phaedrus actually has the capacity to concede his dogmatism!

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a lot of different people could relate to INTP. it is very generic.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    a lot of different people could relate to INTP. it is very generic.
    Yeah -- it essentially repeats with different words the same concepts over and over.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think Phaedrus is correct in suggesting that many INTp traits are accurately described, but inaccurately named.