Thread: Type this trait

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type this trait

Needing to be around something that feels antique, or that is timeless. This goes for furniture, clothing, even poems or writing. To me this seems like Ni, but maybe Ni blocked with Fe. If it's Ni, what would that be like blocked with Te? If not Ni, what?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's essentially Ni blocked with Fe.

Ni blocked with Te would be more like -- liking to be in places that connect you to information of your interest. Like, someone interested in ancient Roman history liking to hang around among Roman ruins, but connected to something you read about previously.

Or hanging around museums of matters of your interest.
    Last edited by Expat; 01-17-2008 at 06:41 PM.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

... so what would Te blocked with Si be like?

liking to be in places where the current atmosphere is structured towards what you find interesting and also peaceful? Something to that effect?

PS: ! realizing that Ni + Fe and Te + Si are "opposed" (as in beta and delta), well, how would they oppose each other, so to say?
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP View Post
    ... so what would Te blocked with Si be like?
    I think Slacker Mom's descriptions of her SLI husband provide the best example. Improving the efficiency of mechanisms with your own hands.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    I think it's essentially Ni blocked with Fe.

Ni blocked with Te would be more like -- liking to be in places that connect you to information of your interest. Like, someone interested in ancient Roman history liking to hang around among Roman ruins, but connected to something you read about previously.

Or hanging around museums of matters of your interest.

yes, that makes sense. What if an NiTe is interested in furniture. Would one way to identify the difference between an NiFe interested in the same be what emphasis they place on what information they have already read on the material? There is a feeling of progression in that description compared to mine.. I see the influence of time in that comfort is established to the connection to things in the past as with antiques, a tobacco tin, apholstered chair... with human habits, but it seems less "useful" maybe this is something I associate with progress. Er.. the question is would NiTe focus on connecting facts in what he's read about furniture more than the NiFe?

That's interesting about SiTe.. expat you're an engineer.. could you give an example of creating efficiency in systems with the aid of Ni?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington View Post
    Er.. the question is would NiTe focus on connecting facts in what he's read about furniture more than the NiFe?
    Yes, I think so. NiFe would tend to see external factual information - especially if second-hand, as what you get from books - as of lesser importance than their own perceptions and reasonings, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington View Post
    That's interesting about SiTe.. expat you're an engineer.. could you give an example of creating efficiency in systems with the aid of Ni?
    To give specific examples would take too long; I can give generalities. Essentially Ni is helpful in dynamic rather than static engineering. For instance, static Ne engineering is what makes you think of ways to improve a building, or even the working of an engine at present.

Dynamic Ni engineering would be about improving a dynamic system such as a chemical process or production line, or about the long-term endurance of something.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Several of the civil engineers I worked with were ENTj. They did soil testing and made recommendations for what kind of foundation a building would need. That fits into "long-term endurance." I've known a couple of ESTj mechanical engineers - who developed heating/cooling systems for manufacturing plants. And the ESTj managing engineer I worked for made recommendations about old buildings to see what improvements would have to be done (and how much it would cost) for the buildings to meet current codes and whatever use the client wanted. He also managed the testing of building materials though. Not sure how that fits in. That seems more like "endurance" to me.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.