Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 141

Thread: Romancing Styles/Erotic Attitudes

  1. #1
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Romancing Styles/Erotic Attitudes

    This is perhaps a delicate subject, but I was wondering if anyone has considered whether they agree with Gulenko's descriptions of 4 groups of sexual behavior, to be found here or with more detail in socionics.org:

    Careful: ESTj, ISTp, ESFj, ISFp
    Aggressor: ESTp, ISTj, ESFp, ISFj
    Victim: ENTj, INTp, ENFj, INFp
    Infantile: ENTp, INTj, ENFp, INFj

    I was reminded of this when an ESFj female friend of mine said that her relationship with an ENFp guy (her beneficiary) had reached a dead-end and he wanted to split but that the sex was great (the ENFp belonging to the same group as her dual, the INTj).

    I won't get into any intimate details but I have to say that from my limited observations those descriptions are amazingly accurate.

    Can anyone else say whether their observations also confirm those descriptions?
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  2. #2
    Cone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,717
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Those attitudes also extend out to non-sexual behaviors. For example, the Victim types are marked by passive, reactive behaviors, all characteristic of the Ni function. Whereas Aggressors are marked by Se, basically aggressive, active behaviors. Infantile and Careful types are somewhere in the middle of this dichotomy, but they also have their own (whatever that is.)
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

  3. #3
    I'm back, assholes! Herzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    5,098
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah I can be pretty aggressive.
    , Se-sub
    8w8-3w8-7w8 sx/sx

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    70
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    More writings on this topic would be great. However, I remember PTL said something about there being little evidence for correlation in studies.
    I(N)Tj

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Florida
    TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Posts
    3,249
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi I'm back, . it has been a while because I don't have a computer anymore.

    Now about the question, how accurate do I think the erotic attitudes are? I would say yes and no. Of course I disagree with it personally, I am only half ENTp . However it seems to work with most people that I have met, especially extreme types.

  6. #6
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Sure as hell I'm a victim

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SW Pennsylvania
    Posts
    993
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Prepare to be victimized!
    <--- Me pouring out all my love on you!

    Some days its just not worth chewing through the restraints.

  8. #8
    Waddlesworth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,159
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm very afraid of being hurt. So much that I have extreme difficulties in making the first move because I'm not sure if I REALLY am reading the person's intentions or not. I think this lets girls think that they can get away with more around me and not expect anything and then "BAM!" just when i give it a shot, my worst fears come true "EW, GET OFF OF ME YOU FREAK!" it never happened but i'm worried it will. but then again, why would she be so close if she thought i was a freak... alright, next time she does the "lay next to" baby talk im goin' in for the kill! well, the love. you get the idea.

    but once the wheels are in motion i'm very sexually demanding and every morning turns into a sex fest for me. I can get very annoying I'm sure.

    "What, you don't want to love me? you don't want to express in the flesh your bodily love for me? why? am I ugly? you find me unnattractive? Obviously i'm not turning you on so it must be true. Well, i guess not, but still... well... not even a handjob? if you loved me you'd give me a handjob... THEN I'd shutup. if you don't give me a handjob you must think I'm gross because you will only gain by giving me one. I'll stop complaining, feel happy, AND be my normal self again. isn't that what you want? I promise I'll be quick. Maybe it'll even turn you on a little, then i promise i'll return the favor."


    I've learned my lesson and probably wont do that anymore.

  9. #9

    Default

    Good God guys it's just sex. Stop it with the: .

    No, it was not an oops you want to have sex. You know that you do, and you know that you like it.


    Anyway. I don't like that thing and I don't agree with it.
    (Okay, the fact that I don't agree could be because of the extra Se, perhaps?)

  10. #10
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    Those attitudes also extend out to non-sexual behaviors. For example, the Victim types are marked by passive, reactive behaviors, all characteristic of the Ni function.
    That's what I find odd, I don't think it's typical of myself - or of ENTjs - to be passive in most situations; but if I'm involved emotionally I do behave like a member of the Victim group since I idealize the woman. Besides, those group descriptions have details that go beyond simple aggressivennes vs passivity etc.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  11. #11
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sycophant
    Anyway. I don't like that thing and I don't agree with it.
    You don't like being a member of the Victim quadra?
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Florida
    TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Posts
    3,249
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Is there anyone who does not correlate with the "erotic attitudes" theory?

    Actually, now that I think about it, I realize that I am probably more infantile than aggressive (whatever I am, I am definitely not careful ). I have similar problem as WW, probably like most ENTps as well, only of course with variations.

    @ Cone, what is that *thing* in your avatar?

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Posts
    11,586
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I am infantile sexually, in that I express a childlike sort of playful innocence in romantic situations. In bed however, I am a bit more professional, I think.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    SW Pennsylvania
    Posts
    993
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Besides loving to play the victim, I am extremely selfish.
    <--- Me pouring out all my love on you!

    Some days its just not worth chewing through the restraints.

  15. #15
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    Those attitudes also extend out to non-sexual behaviors. For example, the Victim types are marked by passive, reactive behaviors, all characteristic of the Ni function.
    That's what I find odd, I don't think it's typical of myself - or of ENTjs - to be passive in most situations; but if I'm involved emotionally I do behave like a member of the Victim group since I idealize the woman. Besides, those group descriptions have details that go beyond simple aggressivennes vs passivity etc.
    Exactly! I'm quite ass-holish in dealing with people (Or, at least, direct and independent), but a puppy with S.O.

  16. #16
    XoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,407
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Romancing Styles/Erotic Attitudes

    I wonder if these "attitudes" are any good and if they are could they be applied to all human interaction not just love or erotic related.
    Below are the classification and the types belonging to each group.

    See: http://www.the16types.info/groups.php?groupsid=5

    Careful
    - ESTj
    - ISTp
    - ESFj
    - ISFp

    Aggressor
    - ESTp
    - ISTj
    - ESFp
    - ISFj

    Victim
    - ENTj
    - INTp
    - ENFj
    - INFp

    Infantile
    - ENTp
    - INTj
    - ENFp
    - INFj

    My short and uninformed opinion on each class. This is not a serious take just to get the discussion started.

    Careful
    - See other people in a caring but maybe arrogant way as if
    they are somekind of "parent figure" and everyone else
    needs their attention and help
    - Interact as if they they are in control but not in aggressive way. This
    type always acts in a caring way and expect the partner to accept
    this care without rebellion
    - Has an openly "patronizing" subtype and a subtype that applies
    "care" indirectly
    - Hates signs of aggression in themself
    - Has "I know what is best for you" attitude

    Aggressor
    - Sometimes is openly arrogant and aggressive and expects complete
    mental submittal from others
    - Sometimes has a very victim like look and uses indirect means to
    control the partner. In the "heart" is as aggressive and control
    oriented as the openly aggressive version. Can turn openly
    aggressive if the "victim" refuses to submit to indirect
    control.
    - Hates signs of weakness in themself
    - Has "I am in control" attitude

    Victim
    - Can project either a submissive or arrogant view of themselves
    - The openly submissive version never questions the partners
    control but expects the partner to "show the way" in all aspects
    of the relationship or interaction
    - The arrogant version looks aggressive and always challenges people
    but the true meaning of this behaviour is to find an aggressor who
    is stronger than the victim themself. This type can never be "tamed"
    but the partner has to "apply force" at all times to keep the
    arrogant victim under control
    - Hates signs of weakness in others
    - Has "I want you to control me (if you can)" attitude

    Infantile
    - Can be openly childlike/dreamer/detached or more formal looking with an "inner child"
    - Has lots of needs and can be selfish (like a child) and expects
    the partner to totally adapt to this behaviour
    - Can be openly needy for loving and care
    - On the other hand can be openly rebellious against care and
    need a lot of "right kind of" attention
    - Doesn't want the partner to directly control but instead set loose
    "boundaries" and safe guards within which it is safe to play and have fun
    - Hates signs of aggression or indifferency in others
    - Has "I want you to be my friend and guardian angel" attitude

    Good compatibility
    Careful - Infantile
    Aggressor - Victim
    -> natural pairs

    Some compatibility
    Careful - Victim
    -> somewhat satisfying for careful, not truly satisfying for victim

    Bad compatibility
    Careful - Aggressor
    -> frustrating for the careful, insulting for the aggressor
    Aggressor - Infantile
    -> somewhat satisfying for the aggressor, scary for the infantile
    Victim - Infantile
    -> totally unsatisfying for each
    All identical pairs
    -> mixed success but bad in any case

    So are there any well informed opinions out there? And do you feel these attitudes don't match yourself at all? I can see myself as having a (sometimes openly) careful attitude. I could see myself "role playing" all the other attitudes except infantile. Maybe even that.

  17. #17
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    fair enough.....
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  18. #18
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    what a bunch of bullshit
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  19. #19
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think Gulenko is on to something, but your interpretations here of the groups are largely wrong IMO.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  20. #20
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't mind talking about sex at all. It's all the emotional stuff that I dislike discussing with those who have no business knowing what's on my mind.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  21. #21
    Creepy-

    Default

    As far as Victims/Aggressors go, I can see how it works out. I don't really understand how the Careful/Infantile relationships work, possibly because I'm not either of them.

    Normally I would be a Victim (maizemedley described it very well ). I appreciate (tactfully) aggressive people as friends/lovers/anything really. It takes the pressure off, in a way.

    I do expect people to be aggressive to an extent, but if I can't get it (or if their aggression isn't "appropriate" for my tastes"), then I have no real problems being aggressive myself.

    I can't imagine myself in a Careful role. I really don't think I could pull it off, although at times I can seem to take the Infantile role.

  22. #22
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    I don't mind talking about sex at all. It's all the emotional stuff that I dislike discussing with those who have no business knowing what's on my mind.
    Interesting how you flood the forum with some relationship shit, and then comlain about people taking about your relationships. Notice how the second line of your signature contains a statement that is evidently conflicting with what you have expressed here.

    Yes, no one can know what's on your mind - only ENTps read minds.

    And moreover, there would still be something that you're not saying, I'm sure.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  23. #23

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,246
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The erotic attitudes seem like they're from a porn flick. Cheesy.
    Entp
    ILE

  24. #24
    mimisor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    821
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    I wonder if these "attitudes" are any good and if they are could they be applied to all human interaction not just love or erotic related.
    Yes it does apply. It's actually one of the things I look about when I type people. I noticed the related attitudes are more evident with the Careful/ Infantile types. Like me, for example, I am infantile all the time, not only in intimacy.

    Especially the Victim types are more difficult to spot, because they don't act out like victims in public. For example ENTjs you wouldn't suspect them to be a Victim when they are so opinionated and tough as a normal behaviour. You would be tempted to think them as Agressors. And INFps I usually think of them as Careful with other people, when they are actually Victim.

    If we take a look at the Agressors group, ESTps are most evident Agressors in public as well, while ISFjs and ESFps you wouldn't normally think of them as Agressors


    Quote Originally Posted by ishy
    I do expect people to be aggressive to an extent, but if I can't get it (or if their aggression isn't "appropriate" for my tastes"), then I have no real problems being aggressive myself.
    ishy, yes I see what you're saying. I think it's as your suggestive function that you like to take the Agressive role when there's nobody around to assume it. Myself I am inclined to assume the Careful role because of as suggestive but only if it's strictly necessary and there's nobody else.

    Quote Originally Posted by ishy
    I can't imagine myself in a Careful role. I really don't think I could pull it off
    hmm... I always picture INFps as Careful socially. I think it's because of your as a secondary function that you are not that confident about it.

  25. #25
    from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Posts
    3,401
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You know what, this does make sense, at least for me.

    I am 100% a Victim. The person above who described it was, again, quite accurate. It's kinda weird, but I want to be dominated.. controlled..


    Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

  26. #26
    Creepy-

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gugu_ baba
    Quote Originally Posted by ishy
    I do expect people to be aggressive to an extent, but if I can't get it (or if their aggression isn't "appropriate" for my tastes"), then I have no real problems being aggressive myself.
    ishy, yes I see what you're saying. I think it's as your suggestive function that you like to take the Agressive role when there's nobody around to assume it. Myself I am inclined to assume the Careful role because of as suggestive but only if it's strictly necessary and there's nobody else.
    Yeah, I don't generally like being in an Aggressor but it can be done.

    Quote Originally Posted by ishy
    I can't imagine myself in a Careful role. I really don't think I could pull it off
    hmm... I always picture INFps as Careful socially. I think it's because of your as a secondary function that you are not that confident about it.
    You could be right. Maybe I could do it if I was doing a million other things at once because I'm sure if I involved any kind of consciousness I'd freak out and have no idea what to do/how to act.

    But isn't it the that makes one a Careful type?

  27. #27
    mimisor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    821
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ishy
    But isn't it the that makes one a Careful type?
    Ah yes you're right, just checked, Si is Careful

    ISFp and ISTp have Si as dominant function, ESFj and ESTJ as secondary function

  28. #28
    Creepy-

    Default

    I don't know if this is the "official" reasoning, but all the groups have a common dominant perceiving function.

    Victim

    Infantile

    Careful

    Aggressor

  29. #29
    Hiding Typhon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Valhalla
    TIM
    Ni-ENFj
    Posts
    2,645
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Your interpretations are, from my own experience, totally correct. As I was reading your description of each quadra, I got a sense that I had I bunch of women Ive known from different types flash before my eyes. Like your description of the infantile attitude. That totally describes this INFJ girl who Ive had a horrible relationship with.

    And this:

    aggressor:
    - Sometimes has a very victim like look and uses indirect means to
    control the partner. In the "heart" is as aggressive and control
    oriented as the openly aggressive version. Can turn openly
    aggressive if the "victim" refuses to submit to indirect
    control.
    That sounds like just about every woman I run into, and I can intuitively feel this.

  30. #30
    Creepy-

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maizemedley
    Quote Originally Posted by Megan
    Maizemedley, you masochist you.


    you beta believe it!
    *giggle*

  31. #31
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ishysquishy
    Quote Originally Posted by maizemedley
    Quote Originally Posted by Megan
    Maizemedley, you masochist you.


    you beta believe it!
    *giggle*

    Where's that damn 'twisted' gif that I used to have........

    oh well

    :evilgrin:
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  32. #32
    Dmitri Lytov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    TIM
    ILE
    Posts
    231
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I know Victor Gulenko personally. He is a smart person with very broad interests. However, he tends to terminological reductionism: he always attempts to explain complicated things in terms of few simple words. The same is with the concept of love types. The author of the topic DID NOT DISTORT Gulenko's views: he said exactly what was written in Gulenko's article.
    www.socioniko.net is no longer my site.

  33. #33

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Florida
    TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Posts
    3,249
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    bump

    lets talk about this some more

  34. #34
    XoX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,407
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbean
    bump
    lets talk about this some more
    Ok...I'm learning to be a victim now

  35. #35

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Florida
    TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Posts
    3,249
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I really don't think that this strictly goes along with socionic types.

    I am ENTp aggressive. Thats why I posted the thread "Strong Role Function?," I think socionic type varies with person to person. Like I may not be as much of an ENTp as other ENTp's.

  36. #36
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Careful and Aggressor both fit me.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  37. #37

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I can see that it fits me and some ENTps and ENFps that I know. The other types I am unsure of.

  38. #38
    Topaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,340
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I periodically have burst of aggression but otherwise this fits me too. Now if I can just find that careful girl to rock me to sleep. :wink:

    Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

  39. #39
    I'm back, assholes! Herzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    5,098
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm the biggest agressor you'll ever meet. Assuming you exclude all guys with the egos, that is.
    , Se-sub
    8w8-3w8-7w8 sx/sx

  40. #40
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The more I think about it, the more I see what I felt to be aggressor attitude to be more of a careful attitude. I don't like this idea.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •