3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default No Wonder Girls Are Messed Up

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's an awesome ad. Still, I have seen girls as hot as that IRL.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    That's an awesome ad. Still, I have seen girls as hot as that IRL.
    i'm tempted to say that you're idealizing them, then.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just about any woman can be that attractive with some makeup and general knowledge on how to take care of yourself.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Jessica. Just taking care of yourself and being mindful about how you treat your body - that is nice alone. Spending tons of money on makeup or plastic surgery is not necessary, (to me).

.................... why is this in Delta?
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because the rest of the quadras always get interesting topics. This is my fuck you to them.

And yes, just take care of yourself and MAYBE some small amount of touch ups here and there.
    I've learned that the more makeup a girl has, the more expensive/snotty she tends to be. Generally.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    Because the rest of the quadras always get interesting topics. This is my fuck you to them.

And yes, just take care of yourself and MAYBE some small amount of touch ups here and there.
    I've learned that the more makeup a girl has, the more expensive/snotty she tends to be. Generally.
    well, they've done studies that state self-image/self esteem sinks as make-up usage rises. from what i remember about what i read, they surveyed a lot of women and the more often they used make-up/more they focused on their image, the lower their self-image generally was.

imo this is a great topic for delta.
    Last edited by implied; 01-16-2008 at 07:21 PM.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there's studies on these?!

dame

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there's studies on these?!

dame
    yeah. ain't it sweet?
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fuck yeah, that's why i said dame!

haha, oh disculpa: por favor? linkie?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fuck yeah, that's why i said dame!

haha, oh disculpa: por favor? linkie?
    i'll have to look around. this is one of those crappy technorati stumbleupon things i really did stumble upon and i haven't bookmarked it. but i'll post when i find it.
    Last edited by implied; 01-16-2008 at 07:14 PM.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

Huh. That's really interesting. I did used to wear a lot more makeup in my high school/low self esteem days. Now I just wear it for meetings and if I feel like dressing to the nines...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Neither. Bare Minerals. It's great for sensitive skin and looks completely natural. The informercials are true: Makeup so pure you can sleep it in. I know, I've tried

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh my Good God. What is wrong with me? I have been having a crazy attack of dyslexia for a long time now. 'it in' GEEZ.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not a girl but i've also heard females tither about "Bare Minerals".

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never tried Bare Minerals. The only foundation i will use is Revlon Colorstay. It's great. I've tried MaxFactor and it looks too fake and cakey for me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally, I love it. I used to use the traditional stuff, but my skin breaks out now if I wear it just once. Guess I'm developing a chemical sensitivity. That, and I could never match my skin tone. I got tired of spending money and never finding the right shade... Yeah, I always thought Max Factor was something kin to stage makeup. Not sure where I got that impression, tho.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whoa. I just got a chance to actually watch the video. Has anyone seen the e-mail floating around where they take a 200 lb woman and make her 110 lbs with Photoshop? Both, quite disturbing. But on the bright side, maybe this means we all could become models Hell, who needs a face, even?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't lie loki, share your make up secrets with the forum. No one's here to judge.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shit. I could make some bare minerals myself. Ask my uncle to get some iron ore from the steel plant, pepper it with some dirt and put it in a bottle

Yeah it is amazing how society is obsessed with the idea of beauty. Its been a lot harsher i think to women than it has to men. Dating back in the stone age period fat women may have actually been considered beautiful. IIRC Renaissance periods saw voluptouous women as beautiful as it was a sign of health and pregnancy. Things like Corsets came in which took women hours to climb into to fit the perfect ideal. With women not earning a living beauty became the main form of capital for women to use to find a decent (wealthy) husband.

So today thin is in. Only problem is that more people are obese than ever before. That explains the large numbers of eating disorders plaguing us today. Even men are not all escaping this phenomenon. Rise of the metro-sexual. Men can be also very vain and take great care in their appearance. The media, magazines etc pray on peoples insecurities. Ads for beauty products, anti aging, liposuction, fitness machines, hair lengtheners, nail polish, fake tans. You name it its all there to basically tell you that you need to be beautiful to stay ahead. Its the quick-fix era where beauty can be attainted in "10 short treatments". The only problem is its in the industries best interests to to keep you feeling insecure. If you felt secure and happy about youselves, then they wouldn't sell products. This is not chump change. Its a multi-billion dollar industry.

They have done studies and they have found that people percieved as beautiful do get a lot more opportunities. In fact i think they earn more on average. I also think they are percieved as more intelligent by their peers.

What saddens me most about this beauty obsession is that strength of character goes out the window. I've dated some rubenesque women in my time and they had hearts of gold. Its a strange world. My mum told me the other day that you can now actually RENT handbags. Like $4000 - $20,000 prada or whatever. It saddens me that someone pays so much for a fucking bag. It also saddens me that someone gives so much of a shit about looking cool that they would rent one.

/end rant
    Last edited by meatburger; 01-17-2008 at 12:58 AM.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OMG a purse rant. We must be identicals.

I also rebel against this weird thing with almost every woman I know IRL where they have to spend like $400 or more on a purse, and then they have to call it a "bag" instead of a purse. Someone even told me that the $400 Coach Bag was an "entry level bag". ROFL. Why did the word "purse" change to "bag"? And why would I spend $400 or more to carry stuff around? I just bought a new purse and it was like $60 or so, and I felt bad spending that much. It's just something to carry stuff around! It isn't like a $400 purse carries stuff better than a $50 purse.
    (from http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...3&postcount=17 )
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not into the purse/bag craze and to spend money renting a designer one seems like a waste of money. I am kinda a fan of metrosexual guys (if not too excessive) or at least guys who take very good care of their appearance. I am not into the "naturalness" of obesity or smelling funny or wearing dirty old clothes. The inside is very important to me but taking care of the outside seems like a good thing too and it does not have to cost a fortune or take over the person's life.
    Socionics: XNFx
    MBTI: INFJ

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, in all honesty I've been burned by the pretty ones before so... I'm kinda looking at all types now. Meatburger's right, those 6-8 girls are usually the ones with the hearts of gold

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tiny_dancer View Post
    Whoa. I just got a chance to actually watch the video. Has anyone seen the e-mail floating around where they take a 200 lb woman and make her 110 lbs with Photoshop? Both, quite disturbing. But on the bright side, maybe this means we all could become models Hell, who needs a face, even?
    i've probably mentioned this on the board several times, but i've basically watched my ex-roommate do this (graphic designer.) they had some woman (maybe mid 30's) posing for -- what i assume was -- a men's magazine like sport's illustrated. (she was in cut off denim shorts & a high-cut jersey.) anyhow, when he finished with her, her face hardly looked the same & she looked like she was around 16. my roommate would curse about this a bit ("why don't they just get a younger model!??!") apparently most of the images you see of women are taken from like -- 20 different parts? (one leg, one arm, etc.) so yeah, it doesn't seem that you need a face anymore. i also think it's pretty much ridiculous to say that any woman could be as attractive as the woman in the video with just a little makeup, as there's obviously much more that goes into the finished product. he sits around doing things like smoothing out the tiniest pores and blurring out excess hairs from the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Megan View Post
    I am not into the purse/bag craze and to spend money renting a designer one seems like a waste of money. I am kinda a fan of metrosexual guys (if not too excessive) or at least guys who take very good care of their appearance. I am not into the "naturalness" of obesity or smelling funny or wearing dirty old clothes. The inside is very important to me but taking care of the outside seems like a good thing too and it does not have to cost a fortune or take over the person's life.
    yeah, i hate to rant like this about make-up and such, because i'm oddly the same way. i probably wouldn't date a guy who couldn't carry out at least standard or well-above-average hygiene practices. i believe that's something that naturally turns people off for a reason, and it's probably not only related to aesthetics. something of a balance required there, though. imo what you've described isn't "natural" but just gross.
    Last edited by implied; 01-17-2008 at 11:52 AM.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Neither. Bare Minerals. It's great for sensitive skin and looks completely natural. The informercials are true: Makeup so pure you can sleep it in. I know, I've tried

bare minerals rocks.

make up, clothes, style, fashion its great fun! you can't just go around basing your whole sense of self on it. in fact, that's the whole point, to experiment and show different sides of yourself. and let's face it guys, clothes are the only thing that's cheap these days. look at the price of health care and gas and then you understand why they're distracting us with fashion and clothes....it's the only thing we can afford! lol

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love clothes, but I don't own many. I'm a fabric fiend. It makes buying cheap clothes difficult because I can feel the difference so distinctly. And I'm a nitpicker on the fit. That fabric store in New York where the Project Runway people go - Mood Fabrics - OOooooohhh, I love that place. I wanted to build a hut in the wool section and live there. I think I could. They'd never find me in all those rolls...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love clothes, but I don't own many. I'm a fabric fiend. It makes buying cheap clothes difficult because I can feel the difference so distinctly. And I'm a nitpicker on the fit. That fabric store in New York where the Project Runway people go - Mood Fabrics - OOooooohhh, I love that place. I wanted to build a hut in the wool section and live there. I think I could. They'd never find me in all those rolls...
    do you sew also?

ILE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, although I haven't had much time recently. I've got too many other things going on. I get started on a project, get all indecisive about the details and then take forever to finish it. *sigh*

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow, great that you can sew. if you can sew well, you're bound to have some really great unique interesting outfits.

ILE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can sew well.. but all I have to show for it right now are several boxes of really great unique interesting fabric! haha

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would you make me a hat?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol ...that... ...um... what is that thing? (or maybe more appropriately, WHY is that thing?) Unfortunately I'm not gonna be able to help you out with that one. But I have a knitting-obsessed ENTp hanging around. I'll get her right on that.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks. x1000 brownie points.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can sew well.. but all I have to show for it right now are several boxes of really great unique interesting fabric! haha

that's like me...i have a trayful of unique interesting beads for beadwork lol.

ILE

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Socionics Arts and Crafts Fair - Bring the kids!
    Where: New York - Central Park
    When: 20/01/08, 10:00am - 6:00pm,

Featuring Sunshine's Beads and Tiny's Sewing extravaganza. Also including Loki dressed in a knitted devil suit to entertain the little ones.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd scare the shit out of the bratty ones and play kickball with the cool kids.

In my devil hat.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Knitted devil suit - I'm seeing something with feet. Like footed pajamas. The Christmas Story meets Halloween...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I meant on a hotness scale, which can be subjective anyway. And yes, weight usually has absolutely NO correlation between hotness. All we ask usually is for girls to be healthy, and I try to stay healthy. You know, win win.

And what's funny is that if you have a really good personality, that can boost you up by as much as 3 points.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
    ....................I was really freaking pissed. I mean, they didn't care a thing about our personalities.
    "It's beauty that captures your attention; Personality which captures your heart."
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Rating" women? WTF? I'd heard of that, but I had no idea it was actually that common. Do girls do that too? Rating guys, and/or rating other girls? ("She's no competition for me - I'd give her a four"?)

This opens an entirely New Way To Annoy People: Talk about rating people and draw obvious parallels to capitalism and the rules of free market enterprise. Use any or all of the following words: "gastrocritics", "supply and demand", "market value", "chthonic", "deviant", and "socioculturally normative aspects of idiocultural behaviour".

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast