Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's your least favorite thing about your identicals?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What's your least favorite thing about your identicals?

I find that I think of LIE's I know, including ones I look up to, as being too timid. I'm probably as timid as they are, in a lot of ways. Maybe that's why I dislike it?
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Hm. Things I dislike about INTps...

- Passive-Aggressiveness
    - Laziness

And that's all, folks.
    Classical socionics: (), ILI-Ni
    Dual-type theory: INTp-ENTp

5w6 sp/sx
    MBTI: INTJ

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're boring?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha, alright, we're not. Guess that's why I look for randomness, it's very interesting.

And yours are hardly terrible. Well, except for the whole "be attention-seeking manipulative nitwits (garmonbozia)" thing. I like the rest
    Last edited by glam; 04-10-2011 at 02:11 PM. Reason: removing my quote ;)

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You rock.
    Last edited by glam; 04-10-2011 at 02:11 PM. Reason: removing my quote ;)

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    I find that I think of LIE's I know, including ones I look up to, as being too timid. I'm probably as timid as they are, in a lot of ways. Maybe that's why I dislike it?
    Timid???
    wow.
    I've always gotten a very confident vibe from all the LIE's I've known.
    But I guess anybody can be timid.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Yup. Timid isn't the first word I associate with ENTj's exactly heh.
    INFp

If your sea chart does not match reality, go with reality (Old mariner saying)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    I'm going to put down all the DSM IV disorder(among others) I think is associated with ILE behavior.

1. ADD
    2. Borderline Personality Disorder
    3. Compensatory Narcissism
    4. Schizoid
    5. Avoident personality disorder
    6. Post Traumatic stress syndrome
    7. Dissociative Identity disorder
    8. Tilting Windmill disorder

I would say that 95% of the expression of traits within these disorders are well within the bounderaries of ILE descriptions. But that doesn't sell the blue and red pills.
    9. Best Bud Syndrome

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theMime. View Post
    Timid???
    wow.
    I've always gotten a very confident vibe from all the LIE's I've known.
    But I guess anybody can be timid.
    I do not see confidence as being diametrically opposed to timidness, at least not in the way I'm using the word "timid". The word "timid" is too harsh... it's more like lacking strength. Their method of being assertive is rather indirect at times.

To be clear, I usually think they're right, or at least that I am likely to do the same thing in their situation. It's still frustrating sometimes though. Perhaps I want to push them to be more like what I'm also pushing myself to be?

Quote Originally Posted by Wittmont View Post
    Nor I.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    I'm going to put down all the DSM IV disorder(among others) I think is associated with ILE behavior.

1. ADD
    2. Borderline Personality Disorder
    3. Compensatory Narcissism
    4. Schizoid
    5. Avoident personality disorder
    6. Post Traumatic stress syndrome
    7. Dissociative Identity disorder
    8. Tilting Windmill disorder

I would say that 95% of the expression of traits within these disorders are well within the bounderaries of ILE descriptions. But that doesn't sell the blue and red pills.
    dude. i ain't gonna own this.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Umm, who are you?

I keep seeing you posting shockingly illogical gibberish about the forum and I think 'gee this girl isn't very bright, is she?'

And thus I avoid addressing you.

Either way, I don't know where you got the idea that I am "IEI", so rest easy.
    Last edited by glam; 04-10-2011 at 02:12 PM. Reason: removing my quote ;)
    Voted best beach in the world by yahoo 728 times!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wittmont View Post
    Agreed, they often strike me as over confident and sometimes bullying on the negative side. I have never encountered a timid ENTj except one with social phobia and even then he can try to intimate people he knows well and find "weak".
    Socionics: XNFx
    MBTI: INFJ

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Point made. Gracias.
    Last edited by glam; 04-10-2011 at 02:09 PM. Reason: removing my quote ;)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fine. Allow me to elaborate.

You like to gossip and make assertions based on others misinformation rather than go directly to the source. This is not intelligent. If you continue to do this you will always be as pathetic as you currently are.

Attention seeking because I asked a question. Fantastic.

Now, let me give you an example. But allow me to first apologize if you can't follow; my writing is generally quite clear but I have written two exams today and thus I am a bit dim.

Little Glamourama has just started...

... hmmm ...

High school. She is assigned a project, a biographical essay about a historic American figure. So, she trots off to her PC and types "INDIAN" and the disney film Pocahontas is the first thing to pop up and she thinks "AWESOME, HERE IS A FILM ABOUT A HISTORICAL AMERICAN FIGURE; IT MUST BE AN ACCURATE REPRESENTATION!"

So young Glamourama (totally awesome name, by the way) this time skips off to Blockbuster to rent Pocahontas which she then watches all the while eeeeee!ing at the talking tree and the pet raccoon and lovely yellow sun flowers. After the movie is over she thinks "well, now I know everything there is to know about Pocahontas! I just have to write my paper!"

And so she writes an essay based on a fantastical representation and gets an F.

The end.

Deciding my character based on gossip from people who have nothing better to do than, well, gossip is, dare I say it as you would? "Really goddamn fucking stupid." Okay? They know nothing about me for a reason.

INFp's really Can't apply logic to every day matters can they?
    Last edited by glam; 04-10-2011 at 02:09 PM. Reason: removing my quote ;)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I knew there was a reason I felt that responding to you was pointless. You apparently do not have the ability to read comprehensively.

Yes, I would like to think that people think that I sound smart. But you're right I don't think that because I am too concerned with cuteoverload.com to bother.

I will resume continuing to privately think that you aren't worth talking to. You should learn to deal with your negative feelings more maturely. Publicly proclaiming that you don't like someone is not needed and gives You the appearance of an attention whore.

All the best. I hope you don't have a "sucky" life.
    Last edited by glam; 04-10-2011 at 02:10 PM. Reason: removing my quote ;)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm glad we are on civil terms.

I would answer your questions if they were apparent. Try question marks, maybe?

Ah wait, on examination I did find a question mark.

I did not respond to your question because I was not insinuating that you were gossiping but that other were and you were taking heed of their gossip.

I'm sorry you think my replies are "half-assed" you thought the other one was too complex it seems. I really don't have time to be terribly complete. I don't know what I'm talking about anyway.
    Last edited by glam; 04-10-2011 at 02:10 PM. Reason: removing my quote ;)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My fellow ISTps seem far & few between. I think I've identified a couple of them in my past, and they had definite negative traits that got to me.
    K got way too much "into" partying, such that he went from a straight-A student to dropping out of college by merely adding beer. He loved to brag about being a brown-belt and having won a kickboxing championship, but two experiences showed him to be an egotistical coward (details can be provided if anyone expresses interest). I thought he was intelligent when I first met him, but through the course of about 9 months he seemed intent on destroying as many brain cells as possible without any attempts at edifying himself whatsoever. I moved away, and one time I visited him to find that he had taken some acid, had a bad trip, and decided that the devil was trying to "turn" him so he was trying to find a good church. His insistence on finding something outside himself to blame for his discomfort disgusted me.
    J was a funny know-it-all who was unabashedly alcoholic. As in drinking at least a 6-pack every single day but usually more ... as in getting up in the middle of the night to drink more beer because he claimed he couldn't go back to sleep until he did. I loved hanging out with him because we were always doing something practical & different, such as re-wiring his house, working on his motorcycles, cooking meals or dorking around with Linux on his home-built computer, and we both have such a wide spectrum of random information that we could rap endlessly no matter what topic we landed on. We were also maybe still a bit bitter about our ex-spouses and so not wanting a dating situation, but definitely wanting a sexual outlet, and it was nice to feel like we ended up in bed for the same reasons & not have to worry about any underlying emotions. It definitely bothered me that he could so blithely rationalize his alcoholism - he didn't even slow his drinking down during his periods of taking care of his daughters (who were 4 and 7). Also, there were ways in which he expressed that he'd rather me appear more conventional just for the purposes of appealing more to him sexually that kept me aware that he didn't fully accept me at face value.
    If I am to turn things around, I think K found annoying that I could be physically competitive (y'know, a girl showing up a guy thing), that all my friends were guys instead of girls (which he admitted made him feel threatened), that I was so focused on appearing competent that I would often point out the differences in the amount of effort we'd put to joint projects/responsibilities (although to be fair this was a guy who couldn't hold a job), and that I preferred to mention problems offhand rather than confront him with clear expectations.
    J didn't seem to understand why I restrict my habits the way I do, even after I explained to him about having old injuries that affect my digestion, etc., and he would often seemed annoyed that it limited our options such as when eating out. We'd also sometimes clash on random facts, necessitating the firing up of the computer to see which one of us remembered correctly. I am also hyper-sensitive, I call it my princess-and-the-pea syndrome, and he told me on more than one occasion that it was my choice to let things like polyester or uneven socks (or makeup or jewelry or strong chemical smells, etc.) get to me, which to a certain extent I accept, but it's not as simple as deciding "OK, this isn't going to bother me any more," and he showed very little patience with me on this.
    In general, I think ISTps would be ships passing in the night. Waving at each other in a kind of generic respect as we search for our next adventure, or allowing our paths to cross as long as it's convenient and then moving on with little thought as to longer-term implications between us.
    Maybe two relatively mature ISTps could collaborate on adventurin' ... I still think eventually we'd drift apart, not so much due to conflicts but because our foci would naturally diverge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Bukowski
    We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.
    SLI

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Flakiness. We say we'll do something, and we might be late or not do it at all. It is a bit annoying. I understand why people sometimes find us frustrating.

I'm thinking of my husband's ENFp friend. He is very unreliable.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're boring. ISTps may not be, but INTjs definitely ARE.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Boring. Know-it-all. Showoff. Too loud. Make others feel stupid. (this LIE being my identicals)

This said I know at least 2 LIEs that are only super cool. Another one is too hell-bent on being an achiever in every field and tends to disgust me. Another one is in a bit of bad place because he lacked willpower at a decisive point. Overall though I'd never call one of them "timid", except maybe in comparison to ESFp-Se or ENFjs.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic View Post
    We're boring. ISTps may not be, but INTjs definitely ARE.
    nope. =)
    not the ones I know anyway.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default What do you HATE about your identical?

That when I'm watching them be all awkward and stuff, its like watching a video of myself. It hits too close to home if you know what I mean.

They aren't all that helpful for overcoming my weaknesses since they share the same ones.

They can't satisfy my and seeking needs.

They can't defend me against PoLR attacks.

vs debates not always pretty. Both want to create and develop own systems but not always the same ones!
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never really gotten along with one irl. Don't know why. It's like we perform the same function in a social group and so if you have two of us in the same social group, it just feels like you're fighting for the same territory. This is generally with male IEIs, I think.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They aren't as attractive as me

TIM
    ENTj 3w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never met one irl, but I hear they're pretty hawt
    3w4-5w6-9w8

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by warrior-librarian View Post
    That when I'm watching them be all awkward and stuff, its like watching a video of myself. It hits too close to home if you know what I mean.

They aren't all that helpful for overcoming my weaknesses since they share the same ones.

They can't satisfy my and seeking needs.

They can't defend me against PoLR attacks.

vs debates not always pretty. Both want to create and develop own systems but not always the same ones!
    Actually, i've noticed all of this too. Also the above sort of comes into play with my mirrors, though at least with my mirrors I will get some helpful advice that i didn't think of and some alternate perspective that i find valuable.

in my case Ti-POLR vs Ti-POLR can be frustrating, especially with Fi-creative in the mix.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Some of my identicals are egoticial and very unhealthy individuals, but try to come off that they are healthy, when in reality, certain situations can really bring out their unhealthy nature.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Their company gets boring fast. It seems like I'm talking to myself...or reading to myself, since they're telling me things I don't know. (LSEs try to avoid repetition in conversation.) Though it is nice to be understood that well, and talking to an old LSE is quite informative.

Online, what I don't like about them is that they make such long posts (and usually make anything I would have said repetition). What's up with that?

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I get really uncomfortable when I watch them on television.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by April View Post
    I get really uncomfortable when I watch them on television.
    ur weird. this reminded me of my EJ-Fe aunt who can't simultaneously eat and watch ugly people at teh televisionz cause it makes her vomitz LOL

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tuturututu View Post
    ur weird. this reminded me of my EJ-Fe aunt who can't simultaneously eat and watch ugly people at teh televisionz cause it makes her vomitz LOL
    hahahahaha

"Information without energy is useless" Nowisthetime's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Te polr can be really annoying in some SEIs. I noticed this when I was working with an identical last week. He simply ignored important data that were essential for getting the job done.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    She's being ironic.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We both crave deeper connection, but neither of us want to do the opening up to each other it requires to form a deeper bond. We're getting better, sharing more personal baggage, but even then it's still at surface level. If I ever date another EII we will really have to work at opening up to each other more.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrogant, closed minded, overbearing, overly controlled/distant, and often incomprehensibly and irreconcilably irrational.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Assuming I really am IEE: they appear to be very self-confident when inside they really are not. For some stupid reason, many people are fooled by it.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Some of my identicals are egoticial and very unhealthy individuals, but try to come off that they are healthy, when in reality, certain situations can really bring out their unhealthy nature.
    how ironic

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Egoticial? Never heard of that word, what does it mean?

Egoticial - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah overall i think they annoy you because they have the same flaws and on the other side they have the same strengths so they go for the same niche that you want, so it can get subtley competitive. initlally we always click though. seems like i get along better with male ILE's than female ILE's over time, though initially get along better with female ILE's.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast