Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 66

Thread: Which types do you get tend to have trouble getting along with?

  1. #1
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Which types do you get tend to have trouble getting along with?

    Answer in terms of intertype relations, if possible.

    Obviously our conflictor is the type that we're "supposed to" get along with the least, but they're certainly not the most threatening. They're also easy to ignore a lot of times because of the psychological distance.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  2. #2
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    My answer is comparative and look a like.

    And I'm most likely to yell at Si creatives. (One just hung up on me tonight. It was funny. The thing I was yelling at him for wasn't funny though. ) EIE's seem to have more of a problem with me than I do with them, generally speaking.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  3. #3
    I'm back, assholes! Herzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    TIM
    SLE
    Posts
    5,098
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't have problems with specific types really. Whatever issues I might have with someone are generally situational and don't have much to do with type.
    , Se-sub
    8w8-3w8-7w8 sx/sx

  4. #4
    Logos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,406
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Herzy View Post
    I don't have problems with specific types really. Whatever issues I might have with someone are generally situational and don't have much to do with type.
    Agreed. Socionics explains points in my relationships with others, but by no means does it necessarily define them.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

  5. #5
    Logos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    5,406
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    Not so much a type thing. Two people of the same type and I can get along well with one and not at all with another.

    The most spectacular arguements and such have usually been with leading Fe types, ENFj and ESFj though.
    Those can both funny and frightening, by the way.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    USA.
    TIM
    INTj
    Posts
    4,497
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ..spectacular arguments. is that wrong that that sounds exciting?

    it's hard for me to decide but yeah I'd probably say those with strong Se emphasis I would have trouble getting along with. Conflictor, Superego, Comparative, supervisor. Now that I think about it, as long as we dont have to do something together I probably get along pretty well because the person with Se will always "win" with me.

    edit: i didn't see logos' response before posting this

    and.. irl those i didn't get along with most was Se ISFj, Se ESFp. I had some bullying done when I was younger.. not sure of their types.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    Answer in terms of intertype relations, if possible.

    Obviously our conflictor is the type that we're "supposed to" get along with the least, but they're certainly not the most threatening. They're also easy to ignore a lot of times because of the psychological distance.
    Hm. Both my Benefactor and my Beneficiary (LSI and EII respectively), Supervisee (LSE), Conflict (ESE), Super-Ego (SEI), and surprisingly, Activity (ESI).
    Classical socionics: (), ILI-Ni
    Dual-type theory: INTp-ENTp

    5w6 sp/sx
    MBTI: INTJ

  8. #8
    from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Posts
    3,401
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Diana View Post
    Not so much a type thing. Two people of the same type and I can get along well with one and not at all with another.

    The most spectacular arguements and such have usually been with leading Fe types, ENFj and ESFj though.
    LOL, love your avatar

    Um, I don't get along with Deltas.


    Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

  9. #9
    snegledmaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,900
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Any type that places expectation that I did not accept/approve on me. That is a sign for me to ostracize them from my life.

  10. #10
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    Agreed. Socionics explains points in my relationships with others, but by no means does it necessarily define them.
    Yes I agree with that.

    Having said that, generally speaking, I'd say conflictor and supervisee, like Salawa.

    With look-alike it can go either way.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  11. #11
    Snomunegot munenori2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Posts
    7,739
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Given my small circle of acquaintances, I don't have much bad to say about any of my relations. I tend to choose people I'll get along with and attempt to get on with anybody who I'm forced to. Still, my conflictor roommate is a pretty good source of aggravation these days. I guess I'd say Se-leading types in general, but I have an SEE friend whose company I enjoy very much.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

  12. #12
    Snomunegot munenori2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Posts
    7,739
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If only things could be that easy!
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

  13. #13
    Hot Message FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Freiburg im Breisgau
    TIM
    ENTj
    Posts
    15,632
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I can make ESTjs shout at me like no other. Multiple times people had to stop an ESTj that wanted to start a fight with me (I would have liked to fight too, but nowadays people are so civilized!).

    ENFj males can annoy me, too, when they're overcompensating. Not much else.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

  14. #14
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snegledmaca View Post
    Any type that places expectation that I did not accept/approve on me. That is a sign for me to ostracize them from my life.
    Yes, I generally feel this way as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    With look-alike it can go either way.
    I get along with many look alikes much of the time. There's usually also problems sometimes though. I generally don't feel a need to patch things, either, which is somewhat odd. I guess I don't really "get" what they're upset about in the first place, so I'm not sure if I can, or even should, smooth things over. I just get along with them when they feel like getting along and ignore them when they don't. Unless I'm feeling irritable, in which case I may bitch. But the only reason they're the ones I bitch at is because they don't really mind. Sometimes I think that not bitching at them when they have an "I have a problem with you" attitude bothers them more than bitching back at them does.

    With comparatives, the problems are more deeply rooted. The arguments are over something serious, and I'm more likely to be genuinely bothered by the situation that's causing problems with them than I would be with the typical problems I could have with any other type. It seems like it's always something that can't be just brushed off or ignored. There tend to me power struggles.

    I don't have a conflictor in my immediate family, so I've found that any potential conflicts are easy for me to avoid. I guess we're different enough to ignore those differences?

    Supervisors can be frustrating, but I don't think I've ever yelled at one. Problems usually center around my inability to spur them into action when the time is right, and nothing I could say or do would make a difference. And it's not like these are things that haven't already been discussed and, I thought, decided on. I tend to just give up eventually, and know that I should not make any plans in the future that require action of that person.


    My theory about why things can be especially difficult with look alikes and comparatives is that you're similar enough that your differences really stand out. Having the same temperament can make it seem like you're trying to do the same things, or that you agree about how to go about doing things, when such is not the case.

    I guess... If someone of every type is driving, a conflictor would someone who I see going in another direction. They're in their own car though, so it doesn't bother me. A supervisor would be someone who I am driving behind and we both appear to want to turn in the same direction, then they pull into the turn lane and just stop and don't move, and I end up having to put the car in reverse and go around them in order to head the way I'm trying to head without sitting around for an hour waiting for them to do... whatever it is they're doing. A look a like would be someone who's in another car driving the same direction down the same road I am, and we both want to be in the fast lane, but we keep having to try (with difficulty due to other traffic) to pass each other. A comparative would be someone who's in the same car (or perhaps caravan) and we're supposed to be heading the same direction, but we can't agree over how to get there, or they decide at the last minute that they want to go somewhere else instead of where we're supposed to be going, or whatever.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  15. #15
    Blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,725
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington View Post
    ..spectacular arguments. is that wrong that that sounds exciting?

    it's hard for me to decide but yeah I'd probably say those with strong Se emphasis I would have trouble getting along with. Conflictor, Superego, Comparative, supervisor. Now that I think about it, as long as we dont have to do something together I probably get along pretty well because the person with Se will always "win" with me.

    edit: i didn't see logos' response before posting this

    and.. irl those i didn't get along with most was Se ISFj, Se ESFp. I had some bullying done when I was younger.. not sure of their types.
    i'd agree with this. 'cept it's types with Fi in the ego block.

    ILE

    those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

  16. #16
    BLauritson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bristol, England
    Posts
    979
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    In real life, with the exception of INTjs (purely because I haven't been acquainted with any INTjs for any particular length of time), I've had friends of all types. Saying that though, I've had problems with ESFjs, ENFjs, INFps, ESTps, ISFjs, INFjs:

    - With ESFjs any problems I've had tend to be one-offs, which I imagine is due to the psychological distance between us (I've never been in close company with any ESFjs, except for when I was in the same office as an ESFj for some time. Now and again one of us would anger the other but since moving out of that office we've been pretty good friends).
    - There was one ENFj I used to work with and she's the only person in life who I've genuinely wanted to murder - I had very severe anger problems for some time because of how she treated me and having her leave the office was one of the best days of my life. Even now if I were to hear that something bad happened to her, it would bring a smile to my face. Fortunately, that's the only instance I've ever had of hating someone that much - I've known other ENFjs (one of whom is my father) who I've been able to get along with. One thing I'd like to emphasise, just to avoid misunderstandings, is that my hatred was with this particular person and not directed towards ENFjs in general. I say that because I know there seems to be a lot of "GRRR I HATE TYPE X" or similar generalisations so I'd rather avoid the trouble of being lumped in with that crowd.
    - Most INFps I can get along with, although there was an INFp I worked with, who I fell out with near the end of her time working there. Well, her and her ESTp boyfriend I fell out with. Scum. But apart from that I've never had any problems with INFps.
    - I only know one ESTp at the moment and I get along with him pretty well. The ESTp mentioned in the INFp part is the only one I've had any serious problems with before now.
    - ISFjs I seem to have mixed experiences with; I very rarely have any problems with them in all fairness, although now and again there might be something about specific ISFjs (one of whom is my mother) which might annoy me for a while.
    - INFjs.. again, mixed experiences. Put simply, mature and healthy INFjs I can get along with pretty easily. A certain family member of mine is a very pretentious INFj who I've fallen out with. My first girlfriend also was INFj; she suffered from depression and refused to do anything about it, which was the main thing that drove us apart (I tried extensively to help her out with it, since I used to suffer quite seriously with depression when I was younger, but she refused to accept any help. Looking back on things, I think she actively used the depression as an excuse to try and make people pity her and things like that). But yes, I've known several other INFjs with whom I've had absolutely no problems.

    ANYWAY, to get to the point, provided there isn't anything about the individual that conflicts, I can usually get along with pretty much any person of any type IRL. When I have had any major conflicts, they've been due to the individual rather than a type conflict.
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

    "IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

    Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

  17. #17

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    by my typings, ESE, ESI, and SLE make up many of the people with whom i get across poorly.

    caveat: this represents a relatively small group of people. two specific ESIs, both of which have received some form of mention on this forum, for example, are sufficient for the above list. for ESEs i can think of at least four individuals with whom i've conflicted significantly and at least three SLEs.

  18. #18
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,169
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have a problem with Phaedrus' dogmatism and with hitta's, machintruc's and sometimes (I think) tcaudilllg's (if not I apologise) theoretical bullshit. So whatever function that is related to. I don't have time for it. In fact, I get annoyed with ALL dogmatists. This is why recently Fabio's attitude of "NO NO NO I WILL NEVER CHANGE! YOU WILL NEVER MAKE ME CHANGE MY TYPE! I KNOW AND THAT'S FINAL!" has really fucking got on my nerves. No place for dogmatism on this forum.
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  19. #19
    Blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,725
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Joy said:
    A look a like would be someone who's in another car driving the same direction down the same road I am, and we both want to be in the fast lane, but we keep having to try (with difficulty due to other traffic) to pass each other. A comparative would be someone who's in the same car (or perhaps caravan) and we're supposed to be heading the same direction, but we can't agree over how to get there, or they decide at the last minute that they want to go somewhere else instead of where we're supposed to be going, or whatever.
    this is a pretty good description of these two relations.

    ILE

    those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

  20. #20
    dugga dugga dun Narc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    TIM
    Ni-ENTj 8w9 sx/sp
    Posts
    1,288
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ti-ILE, SEI (both subts), Fe-ESE, Ti-LII, Fe-IEI, Si-SLI and IEE (both subts).

  21. #21
    darya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Posts
    2,793
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    SLI, LSE - Te, IEE-Fi (E6, E7 are nice), ESI, ILI's if especially grumpy. EII's only when they're aggressive + amish-like. Usually they don't talk so we're good : )

  22. #22
    suedehead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    3,024
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    ESE, IEE.

    mild-irritation:

    EII's that think they're weak, helpless and forgiving martyrs, Ne-ILE, Fe-SEI.
    Last edited by suedehead; 03-23-2015 at 04:03 PM.

  23. #23
    SpreeFirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    TIM
    EIE 4w5
    Posts
    107
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I am EIE.

    Any delta ST who pulls that passive aggressive crap gets steamrolled by Fe.
    That keeps em away.

  24. #24
    boom boom boom blackburry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    TIM
    ESI-Se 6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,269
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    EIIs and LSEs. I just...I can't.They bug me so much upon getting to know them...or even just observing them.

    I'll go ahead and add in mean-spirited ILIs as well.

  25. #25
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Berlin
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,421
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    ESEs who try to press their personal tastes on you

    Ne-ILEs almost always (too changeable and random), especially when e7

    unintelligent, but aggressive SLEs, LSI-Ses, or ESI-Ses

    IEIs who are super-fake or identify too much with "the dark side", fallen angel, negative emo, drama (some E4s)

    SLIs if they are too boring and narrow-minded and just sit there and watch TV and don't give a fuck about anything

  26. #26
    Contra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Posts
    1,405
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ILEs, ESEs, LSEs when I'm around them for extended periods, and crazy energetic IEEs.

    Also SLIs, SEIs, and IEIs when I'm actually around them which is not very often at all.

  27. #27
    silke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    TIM
    Ni-IEI sx/sp
    Posts
    3,796
    Mentioned
    317 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Types within the same temperament: SLI, ILI, SEI, out of which relations with SEIs have proven to be most complimentary and fulfilling on both sides. Superego, conflict, and quasi-identity types - even if we relate well on personal level the amount of translating that we have to do is overwhelming, which is when I start disliking socionics with a passion. Kindreds - too much walking on eggshells around each other, gets tiring having to repress oneself. Far-side creative function subtypes of any type - mostly due to speaking out of phase, awkward pauses, interruptions, overlays in conversation and various kinds of discrepancies.

  28. #28
    star stuff April's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    chatbox
    TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Posts
    917
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have trouble with the flighty nature of the EP temperament, like I can't rely on them or even fundamentally trust them, but this is a very broad statement so of course it depends on the individual. I also feel like I have to use kid gloves when dealing with ILEs at times.

    Benefit relations feel really strained. I think that I frequently intimidate SEIs, so I try to be very kind and playful while maintaining my sincerity. ILIs can scare me at first, but our relations improve once I take steps to reduce our psychological distance and make nice-nice.

    I tend to find IEIs either extremely charming and endearing, or they require something like a good slap across the face to wake them up from their destructive delusions.

  29. #29
    Moderator Reficulris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,041
    Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I really dislike the assymetrical ones, in all cases it feels a bit precarious, and i never feel like I'm "doing it right" even when I'm the supposed easy position in the intertype matches

  30. #30
    Poster Nutbag The Exception's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    my own personal bubble
    TIM
    LII-Ne
    Posts
    4,108
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird View Post
    ESE's bother me the most. Fe overload. I've hidden most of my ESE FB friends because I can't take their posts. It's like nails down a chalk board.

    Even some Fi types display a lot of Fe and it annoys me. Maybe I'm Fe PoLR. It's mainly Alpha Fe that bothers me, not Beta.

    I usually like ILI's and SLI's because they are Fe PoLR. They don't annoy me.
    ESE is supposedly my dual and sometimes even I find them too overbearing. Mostly the Fe-ESEs. The Si-ESEs aren't so much that way. Also Ne-LII should do better with Si-ESE.

    I still much prefer alpha Fe to beta Fe though. There's something about the beta Fe+Se combo that makes me uneasy. Beta Ti+Se is the same way. It's like they share a valued function but combine it with something that's not valued so I'm disappointed that it's not presented the way I'd like it to be. In a way I find I have more trouble with beta than gamma even though gamma is my opposing quadra.

    For some reason I'm not that bothered by delta Fi+Ne or Si+Te. It makes me wonder if maybe I really am an EII after all.

    I always have that doubt. LII or EII. I think subtype is important and Ne subtype makes me look more like an EII delta than LSI beta.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP



  31. #31
    netflix and don't touch me Emmym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Midwest
    TIM
    EII-Ne
    Posts
    286
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Clingy, smothering, manipulative, narcissistic IEIs
    Bossy, socially awkward EIEs
    Boring, angry SLIs
    Psychopathic/sociopathic LSEs
    ILEs who act like Fi-less ESEs (vomits)
    Passive-aggressive EII masters of projection, inconsiderateness and shirking responsibility
    IEE bullies
    Rude af LIIs
    Self-righteous ILIs
    Delusional SEEs
    ESEs with weird control issues


    There, took a shot at everyone except LIEs, LSIs, SLEs, ESIs, and SEIs. I should do the opposite and list types I get along with best (or like the best, anyway).


    Fair, observant IEIs who are genuinely cool, humble, engaging and hilarious.
    EIEs who NOTICE shit, are charming (not awkward) and tell it like it is in creative ways that make you go "damn."
    Generous fucking SLEs. They are the best. Some of the most considerate people ever.
    Chill LSIs with a bit of an odd, always dark sense of humor.
    Sexy, fun, better-than-this-world SEEs who know when to take a stand and let things go.
    ESIs who always do the right thing and amaze you with their courage.
    LIEs. Just... LIEs. Lol.
    Witty af ILIs.
    LSEs who smile and banter with you.
    SLIs who... nvm let's be real
    IEEs, too good for this world, too pure.
    EIIs who can talk about anything and everything without getting boring.
    Insanely socially observant ESEs who also have a dry sense of humor.
    Those Disney Princess SEIs. You know the ones.
    LIIs who... idk
    ILEs who know when to troll and when to go along to get along.
    someday the grapes will be wine
    and someday you will be mine


    EII-Ne 2w3 - 9w1 - 7w8 so/sx

  32. #32

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Posts
    3,394
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

    Default

    Going in order from worst to best in terms of how closethe interaction can become (not 100% correlating to amount of conflict though!).


    Most trouble if in interaction:


    Superego - EII-Ne > EII-Fi
    Conflictor - IEE
    Supervisee - SEE

    OK but little of closer interaction:

    Extinguishment - LSE
    Quasi - SLI
    Supervisor - ILE
    Kindred - LII
    Mirage - LIE
    Benefactor - SEI

    Workable relations:

    Identical - LSI
    Semidual - ESE
    Beneficiary - ILI
    Business - ESI
    Activator - IEI
    Dual - EIE

    Not sure where I put SLE, I didn't figure out that yet.


    In general, I find that of course very unhealthy manifestations of any type are harder to deal with but type still seems to affect that process. Like, the EIE's I know in real life, I've had a lot of arguments with some crazier ones , including really crazy fights if the situation was such but it somehow all makes sense eventually for both parties no problem. With EII's, even if the EII is healthy, it's just not like that.


    A few more details:

    Unhealthy EII-Ne's are the worst, I know a couple, we can talk/interact only for a while before a bad type of irritation comes up either from my side or from theirs. From Ne subtypes it's just too much randomness of the wrong kind via their strong Creative contact function also with weird attempts at logic, too much complaining and especially from the Fi subtypes, overly moralistic feelings. The healthy EII's (of either subtype) aren't too bad, their tolerance and attempts at being nice (if I'm liked by them) is cool. Just not going to ever get close for sure. The overly moralistic attitude sometimes displayed still confuses or annoys me even if coming from healthy EIIs. And often I try to encourage/push them with Se because they seem so low in Se but it never works but it doesn't cause a conflict, so just mentioning this on the side.

    I listed IEE's as second worst only because they cause fewer crap overall. By default they either tend to be completely indifferent from a distance or they can try to be nice just fine. If in interaction with unhealthier ones, can get irritated by each other, me by too much randomness, by their bitching and they may start to criticize some bs about me that I don't even understand what their problem is about. If it's criticism over social norms, which I do get from IEEs more than EIIs, I sometimes try to pay attention to what they say about it but it's irritating and I fail eventually because it's just their subjective ideas on what's good. At other times I don't accept and criticize their moralistic idea in return. Also when their way of thinking in general gets exposed it often makes no sense and I really quickly tune out of it. I can't even be bothered to argue for long with IEE's which is funny because I'm otherwise very persistent in arguments, not an understatement there at all, heheh. @Reficulris, @mikemex, you both should be really happy I wasn't ever into arguing for long with you

    SEE's are cool but can be boring when bitching, I usually don't pay attention to that, sometimes -rarely- I get involved when they kinda try to reason for something and I criticize the logic. Can really fight over that sometimes. Small sample here and not all of it fully confirmed typing though so this opinion isn't very conclusive yet.

    The Delta ST's are pretty neutral, little experience with them somehow. Then LII's can get overloaded by me and explode suddenly and then it's no longer a good relation again. :/ Some of them don't take well to my confrontational attitude either. I don't mind the LII's much unless they prove to be non-cooperative in matters where I expect them to cooperate. But talking about logical matters can be very good sometimes, nice abstract logic, just I freely criticize their unfounded connections and I've seen some of them get upset over that heh. ILE's aren't into doing too much confrontation either, they shy away from it way too fast for my taste which pisses me off but sporadically they try to be attentive in a nice Ti/Fe way. Going "up" from LIE, no real issues in communication except Fe related issues for the Gamma introverts but otherwise they are very nice relations too. So I won't analyse these ones in this thread.

  33. #33
    both sides, now wacey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Canada
    TIM
    9w8
    Posts
    3,288
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    EIE,
    when they do that over aggrandized exaggeration stuff. I know other types who over-exaggerize, but it just gets under my skin when EIE do it, because it seems to be aimed at pulling others opinion as well as building themselves up and that irks me. Its just so obvious, yet I find you can't say anything about it to them cause the defenses start up (probably because it is coming from the ego and thus tied into their "sense of self"). You are a type that can get caught up as a passenger on your own "right train".

    SEI,
    when they get super negative, either getting down on themselves in ways that are so disheartening and creating these self-fufilling prophecies. Also, when they try to mediate every thing, even when they agree not to get involved, its like they can't help it. Get out of your houses and stop feeling sorry for yourselves, its not helping.

    ESE,
    mostly I get along fairly nicely simply because I "get it" I get where they are coming from and can kind of ignore/ tolerate the bad stuff. Since its this thread I will say that stuff might include their shallowness when it comes to the wonders in life, their Ej control how everyone should get along and be nice, as well as their hidden biases. Sometimes it is okay to be deep and reverent.

    IEE,
    and this really is the only thing that bugs me, is this sense of entitlement and specialness they have, as if the whole of society is wrong and only they way the view the world is the correct version, a sort of mental unwillingness to want to participate with the peons of this planet, yet at the same time so physically dependant on others in ways that strike me as being hypocritical.

    SEE,
    when they are caught up in the self delusion "right train". Huh, just like an EIE!

    IEI,
    well, obviously it would have to be their two-faces. Just as bad as the EII.

    SLE,
    as confident Eps they get away with the worst kind of petty injustices and steam rolling, because they really are just going to do it anyway, behind your back or in front of it. Also, their singular one track mind when it comes to seeing other people is so one-dimensional. I have yet to find, or notice a super organized SLE in life and sometimes I see them handle ventures so haphazardly, I wonder how they would get through life without a hope, prayer, sheer dogged will, and duct tape. Literally, duct tape. Like most of the Betas a certain sense of being special snowflakes is inherent in some fashion and comes out in some ways SLE go through life.

    LSE,
    yes, I get it, you pretty much know everything there is to know about doing anything. Except when you don't, or except when someone disagrees, or even when you think something is going to take longer, or shorter then it needs to be. And why, why, does everything need to be planned? Except when it doesn't need to be planned, then you get mad because someone didn't follow your way of doing it, but then when they do follow your way of doing it, it wasn't the right way cause that's not how you would have done it? Catching my drift? LSE are always right, at least at first and even if they do change its too late. Sometimes they need to adapt the FIRST time, and because they can't do that, and won't even look at it that way, it just bothers me. Further, like all deltas a certain sense of being a special snowflake is inherent in them that looks like entitled uniqueness. Hmm, funny how both beta and delta people are this way? Also, when you are grumpy you are really grumpy. Which usually I don't care about, except when you grumpiness is directed at me. Why should everyone else put the effort out to keep things civil and you are exempt?

    LSI,
    fun people sure, very inclusive people.... except can't see how un-inclusive their assessments of people really are. Actually, they are quite exclusive of attitudes, opinions, even people who don't fit in with them. Especially at first. They are some times so myopic in their world views it leaves me feeling staggered by how wrong they really are about other people. The same could be said with SLE, but at least with them, their complete lack of insight I can understand. With LSI, I always feel a sense of betrayal and slight disappointment, because on the outside we are so alike. How could a person who is so similar (introvert, rational, sensor, like dynamic people) be so out to lunch about pretty much everything I have come to understand?

    LII,
    smartest type of all. Yet they can be just as vapid as ESE. They need so much cajoling to do something, luckily I have developed the patience of a saint. They are like the horse and the carrot stick. They will only move with some sort of treat. Yes, you make me laugh, but your need for Fe is making me find you annoying. I know I can look and behave like an SEI, but I'm a wolf in sheep's clothing. Nah...really you guys are great, just grow a backbone.

    SLI,
    great people, I get along swimmingly. But,, press them the wrong way and they retreat. Invite them out the wrong way and they retreat. Do something nice for them and they retreat. Don't do something nice for them and they retreat. Hint at them and they retreat. Don't hint at them and they retreat. Notice a patter? Yes, they are helpful. Yes, they want to give. But, they are just so.....sensitive or vulnerable. Like, even the IEI can take a little bit of poor treatment. Why wallow in your caves like poor me kittens? Plus, stand up for yourselves, don't just go out and get what you want through alternate means. There are two types of SLI: the quite ones who know everything, like cool cats, and the chatty ones who know everthing. To the chatty ones, seriously, STFU. Finally, going boating is not an exercise.

    ILE,
    your Ne is neat in small doses. So are drugs and standing in a cryotherapy spa thats temperature is set to -110 degrees Celsius. But more then a few minutes can reveal how differently we see pretty much everything. Also, primadonnas much?

    ESI,
    I know, I'm just as EVERYTHING as you are, which is why what you do pisses me off and makes me think you are stuck up cunts. But I get it AND I don't at the same time...actually, the anger passes quickly, followed by deep sadness and confusion The ones who are less actualized are very troubling to be around. I want to just tell them, look, lighten up, hmm? How much good times have been missed out because you were trapped in the inner whirl pools? I hate how others see you because I know its not true. But, can you blame them?

    LIE,
    God, I hate the way I get ruined if it goes south. Nah, great people. Just sometimes all over the map, making me do the run around. It sucks becoming the border collie, heeling when required, fetching when required, basically doing your bidding, and always being expected to be happy about it. Stop being so gosh darn happy all the time...its.... making..... me .... happy!

    EII,
    okay, what's with the being a snob, when I know you really, truly are not at all? Get out of your skin a little and commit to the conversations instead of projecting. This would help make other feel less stupid and vapid around you. I hate it when you are just pure equanimity. Except when you are not. And you are not a lot more then you think you are. Does everyone need to walk on eggshells?

    ILI,
    same thing as the SLI, except your lack of commitment to a friendship hurts more then the SLI (even though the SLI gives more) because I internalize that stuff. At least with SLI I can justify it by saying, "not in my quadra."

    For the temperaments:

    Ejs,
    "My way or the highway".

    Ep,
    "Hi, I'm Mr flaky."

    Ip,
    Can you say ADD? Finish what you start.

    Ij,
    No man is an island and don't I know it.
    Last edited by wacey; 07-02-2016 at 01:16 AM.
    "If this to end in fire, then we should all burn together. Watch the flames climb higher into the night."

  34. #34
    boom boom boom blackburry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    TIM
    ESI-Se 6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    3,269
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    That is a lot of text.

  35. #35
    both sides, now wacey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Canada
    TIM
    9w8
    Posts
    3,288
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackburry View Post
    That is a lot of text.
    ....and?
    "If this to end in fire, then we should all burn together. Watch the flames climb higher into the night."

  36. #36
    A man chooses, a slave obeys MensSuperMateriam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    345
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    @wacey, interesting descriptions, which are funny despite "offensive", typical gamma at its best. But:

    ESI,
    I know, I'm just as EVERYTHING as you are, which is why what you do pisses my off and makes me think you are stuck up cunts. But I get it AND I don't at the same time. The ones who are less actualized are very troubling to be around. You have all the same manner of hangups as me. I want to just tell them, look, lighten up, hmm? How much good times have been missed out because you were trapped in the inner whirl pools? I hate how others see us, because I know its not true. But, can you blame them?
    This (not the text itself, but the fact that this is your opinion) pretty much sums what I think about ESIs as a group (individuals can vary of course). Self-rightous bitches who think everything they do is always justified (particularly in a moral sense) whereas other's justifications for their equivalent cases (or even the exact same thing) are usually never valid. They always do right (right, not well), others don't.

    In few words, absolute lack of objectivity. You would make awful judges, fortunately most of them (afaik) belong to logic types.

  37. #37
    Haikus
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Berlin
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Posts
    5,421
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yew so Logic and Objective, that you didn't even notice hey EII, not ESI.

  38. #38
    both sides, now wacey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Canada
    TIM
    9w8
    Posts
    3,288
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MensSuperMateriam View Post

    This (not the text itself, but the fact that this is your opinion) pretty much sums what I think about ESIs as a group (individuals can vary of course). Self-rightous bitches who think everything they do is always justified (particularly in a moral sense) whereas other's justifications for their equivalent cases (or even the exact same thing) are usually never valid. They always do right (right, not well), others don't.
    Yeah, I know... that's why I was saying the ones who have matured, or self-accualized are in fact very astute and objective. While those who are not can come across as you say.
    "If this to end in fire, then we should all burn together. Watch the flames climb higher into the night."

  39. #39
    both sides, now wacey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Canada
    TIM
    9w8
    Posts
    3,288
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amber View Post
    Yew so Logic and Objective, that you didn't even notice hey EII, not ESI.
    Fi as a base function can lead, for both EII and ESI, into the state MSM is describing.
    "If this to end in fire, then we should all burn together. Watch the flames climb higher into the night."

  40. #40
    both sides, now wacey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Canada
    TIM
    9w8
    Posts
    3,288
    Mentioned
    124 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MensSuperMateriam View Post
    @wacey, interesting descriptions, which are funny despite "offensive", typical gamma at its best.
    Fi assessments can be humorous, I am glad you noticed that.
    "If this to end in fire, then we should all burn together. Watch the flames climb higher into the night."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •