Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Cannot decide on my type!

  1. #1
    Haitus DeleteMePLOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    97
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Cannot decide on my type!

    Removed by User Request
    Last edited by DeleteMePLOX; 01-23-2008 at 09:12 AM.

  2. #2
    Expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,853
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Do you often think of what you're going with your life in the future, in the bigger scheme of things? Or you're more likely to take it as it comes and cross the bridge when you get there?
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChibiKeba View Post
    I've never been able to choose between Alpha and Beta. Not sure where I belong in the grand socionics scheme of things ;_; help me plz, give apple to you.
    Why were you not convinced by our mutual analysis in the past, which clearly indicated that you are an INFp and thus Beta? So, you are still in doubt between ISFp and INFp? That doesn't make much sense. You should know by now which of those two types you are, and I can see no legitimate reason for you to believe that you are not an INFp. Prove me wrong.

  4. #4
    The Iniquitous inumbra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    954
    Posts
    5,989
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Right now, I think you're IEI... I don't have a reason, I think I just sort of subconsciously lumped you in that category.

  5. #5
    from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Posts
    3,401
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm more inclined to say you're an ISFp and thus, an Alphan. Your vibe is different to the Beta NFs on here, it's more childish


    Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

  6. #6
    Don't forget the the thehotelambush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    6,630
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    Do you often think of what you're going with your life in the future, in the bigger scheme of things? Or you're more likely to take it as it comes and cross the bridge when you get there?
    I disagree with this question. Intelligent people are more likely to answer the former, regardless of (and perhaps because of--but that is more of a personal theory of mine) it being related to Ni.

  7. #7
    implied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    7,750
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    I disagree with this question. Intelligent people are more likely to answer the former, regardless of (and perhaps because of--but that is more of a personal theory of mine) it being related to Ni.
    i don't know if it's a matter of intelligence, honestly, but i agree that it's not only related to Ni valuing quadras. aside from that, i think there are a lot of deltas who might answer, "no, i don't think about the future."
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChibiKeba View Post
    Every time I come here and read more about both types I get more and more confused.
    There is a really easy way to determine your type in this case. I don't recall if we tried it in the past, but if we didn't we should have. You read everything you can about Keirsey's Artisans and Idealists -- preferably in his book Please Understand Me II -- and there you have your answer. If you are an Artisan you are an ISFp, if you are an Idealist you are an INFp.

  9. #9
    UDP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    East Coast West Coast Dirty South
    TIM
    LSE
    Posts
    14,826
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    All you need to do is figure out what your dominant function is, and its relation to your dual seeking function can help.


    Do you feel more comfortable with taking care of people, or do you feel like you need to be protected with strong reassurance?
    Pre-2013 post are written with incomplete understanding.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChibiKeba View Post
    It is rather annoying that I don't make these type of posts nearly as often as people who have been here far longer then me, yet I always get the: "Why you make this post? You not allowed to have doubts of what ur type is! CHUT UP!"

    Urf...hate people sometimes...
    You must have grounds for doubt. You can't just to doubt when you feel like it. What are your arguments for not being an INFp? I want to know on what grounds you are not sure that you are an INFp, despite the fact that the arguments for INFp seemed to be almost conclusive.

    Urf ... hate when people refuse explain their reasonings ...

  11. #11
    Blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,725
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChibiKeba View Post
    I think I'm mostly confused because of how the forum views sensory types in general (and how the testing is set up, I ALWAYS test as an intuitive type because it seems that the tests are severely biased). There are many aspects about the ISFp that I really relate to, but the way in which the intelligence of the ISFp and many sensory types is downplayed and made to seem non-existent makes me confused and causes difficulty in figuring out if I'm that type or not.

    I greatly enjoy a beautiful scene (especially in nature, it makes me feel a sense of oneness with something greater then myself and genuine relaxation). I have a natural connection with animals. I can walk up to an animal I've never met before and bond immediately. But the thing I'm thrown off by is the: "Dur...I like teh shiny hur hur! Me not understand abstract thoughts, dey make me fall asleep because me sensory and me ST00PID!! DUR KE DUR!"

    Seriously, that mentally is the most annoying small minded shit ever. I can't stand it.
    And that's the only thing keeping me from relating to ISFp's and sensory types in general. I'm not a god damned idiot so of course I can't relate to that.


    EDIT: Also another thing I just remembered. I like to make sure that the people around me are comfortable and happy. Does that mean I'm a moronic servant? Fuck no. I don't run around just eagerly awaiting to serve someone hand and foot. "Oh boy oh boy I just can't wait for someone to boss me around so I can serve them while they just sit there and do nothing! What joy I gain from this!"
    Fucking...no. I want the people around me to be comfortable, and I genuinely hate it when ANYONE (even assplugs) is in pain or suffering. It doesn't matter if they've caused me untold grief in the past, I still wouldn't want to see them in pain or unhappy.
    That said I'm also not a frikking mindless hand maid. I would like to be catered to just as much as I cater to another human being. I want to be treated decently, even equally and not expected to wait on another hand and foot.

    well this quote def has a bionicgoat feel to it, no? i've always thought you were isfp.

    ILE

    those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

  12. #12
    Kristiina's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Estonia, Tartu
    Posts
    4,021
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Chibi, I think you're alpha SF because of the silliest reason ever - your color preference. I remember you posted some art a long time ago and it had many bold bright colors in unexpected combinations. Very bold and free and artsy. Seems more common in people who have strong . Also your general post style and attitude is much more light than betas tend to have. ISFp is most likely IMO.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

    Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

    Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ChibiKeba, if you really want to know whether you are an ISFp or an INFp, why are you listening to those people who can do nothing but expressing their subjective opinions? They are only guessing, whereas I have provided you with the methods that will enable you to find the correct answer once and for all.

    You don't seem to take my suggestions seriously, because if you did, you wouldn't continue with this stupid guessing game. Have you read Keirsey? Have you taken his tests? Are you an Artisan or are you an Idealist? Have you forgot our analysis from the past and what it resulted in? The "grounds" for doubt that you have expressed in this thread are laughable to tell you the truth.

    You can think scientifically can't you? But it doesn't really matter if you don't think you can do the analysis yourself, because I have told you exactly what to do, so you only have to follow my instructions. Now, start doing that please, and stop acting like a child.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    75
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    FWIW, your posts and writing style here seem clearly Si > Ni to me. Sounds like you're leaning towards ISFp and your only basis for remaining neutral is a bunch of hyperliteral garbage spouted by armchair socionists. For the record, I've known some very intelligent ISFps who would probably be typed INFP by MBTIdiots. In reality, "Si" isn't just worrying about "physical states" -- Si blocked with Fe tends to manifest itself much more obviously as being worried about people's internal emotional states, emotional atmosphere, etc.

    And not to perpetuate the stereotype that Si = being artistic, but a lot of the stuff on your DeviantArt page seems daring/original in a way that demonstrates confidence in Si. Not that that's conclusive at all.

    Finally... Socionics typing is unscientific. If you are the kind of person who believes that all you have to do to discover your socionics type is "think scientifically," I'll hypothesize that you're also the kind of person who falls for email scams on a regular basis.
    delta nf (?) ... 4w5 (?)

  15. #15
    Your DNA is mine. Mediator Kam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    4,481
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Finally... Socionics typing is unscientific. If you are the kind of person who believes that all you have to do to discover your socionics type is "think scientifically," I'll hypothesize that you're also the kind of person who falls for email scams on a regular basis.
    discovering your type="think scientifically"+"introspection"

    Do I fail at life if I think that way? Probably. Because I fall for those Nigerian widows daily.

    btw Chibi, your DA is superb, I suck at art, probably because I get discouraged I can never be as good as my brother who's 4 years younger. But I love to create and call it mine.
    D-SEI 9w1

    This is me and my dual being scientific together

  16. #16

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChibiKeba View Post
    And Gee Phaedrus, I wonder why it is that I'm not listening to you? Could it possibly be your condescending nature, or your constant Keirsey babble which I'm not interested in (socionics forum, heeelllloooo)?
    If you are focusing on those aspects you are focusing on the form of my posts instead of their content, and that is a big mistake. Because if you are interested in finding the objective truth about your own type, you shouldn't care about me as a person and the style of my writing. Instead you should "steal" the information that is there right in front of you, since it enables you to get what you want: to know your real type.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChibiKeba View Post
    I don't know but generally people don't tend to listen to others who call them stupid.
    I know that people tend to do that, but is it rationally justified to ignore what someone says on such grounds? In fact it is not, and that's why I don't do it myself. Instead I always try to determine whether the things other people are telling me are true or false, regardless of whether they are calling me a retard, an autistic idiot, a stupid moron, a buffoon, a person totally lacking in social skills, etc. Even those people who like to call me those and similar things might have something important to say about other things than my person, and I don't want to miss that in case they are right. So I always focus much more on the logical content of their posts than the style it is written in.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChibiKeba View Post
    I actually apologized to you for being snippy before but now I honestly have nothing more to say to you other then if you're going to continue to be an asshole to me then please fuck off and leave me alone.
    I will continue to criticize the content of your posts and everyone else's, if I think there is something wrong with them. I don't care what you think of me as a person, and I have no interest in you as a person. Neither have I any interest what-so-ever in attacking your person. What I am attacking is always faulty ideas, faulty methods, and logical mistakes in people's reasoning. I tell you what I am confident is the objective truth. It is up to you if you want to learn anything from it or not.

  17. #17

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,833
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChibiKeba View Post
    Doesn't really matter because I'm pretty much done with this forum and have deleted the majority of my posts. The ones I could delete anyhow.
    You should be blamed for doing that. I hate that kind of action (which doesn't mean that I hate you). Don't delete your posts. It is wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChibiKeba View Post
    Also I have Mr. Phaedrus on ignore because he offers nothing useful other then insults so he probably shouldn't bother saying anything else as it's a waste of breath.
    And you are wrong about that too. What I offer to this forum is generally of clearly above forum average quality. There is no question about that.

  18. #18

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,969
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I don't know what type ChibiKeba is, and it sounds as maybe she won't be listening (and good luck, ChibiKeba. Hope we haven't confused you irrevocably!), but I would like to comment on a few things.

    First, it seems to me that the difference between the SEI vs. IEI approach to art is that SEIs tend to go for something that's very concretely realized, often a perfect, simple, and clear realization of experience, often detail oriented, perhaps decorative and functional, whereas IEIs will tend more towards broad psychological, expressionistic, and symbolic tendencies. However, there are a lot of artists who fall somewhat in between. I'm not convinced that one can always make a clear distinction of the "line" in between, except the obvious to say that IEIs idealize Se (e.g.. the knight in shining armour), and SEIs idealize Ne.

    As to who uses bright colors, I think that's completely inconclusive; it depends on what the bright colors are used for.

    Quote Originally Posted by Expat View Post
    Do you often think of what you're going with your life in the future, in the bigger scheme of things? Or you're more likely to take it as it comes and cross the bridge when you get there?
    This is particularly interesting as a way to distinguish Ni- from Si-valuing types. For one thing, it raises the question of whether Si can be understood as short-term focus independently of any evidence of the practical, sensory focus usually associated with Si. More significantly, it seems to intersect with some notions of Ip temperament.

    In particular, at least according to one view, accepting-Ni people, while they probably often think about consequences and trends, and may dream of some big goals they wish to achieve some day, may be sufficiently disconnected with the practical matters of life to the extent that they appear more likely to "take it as it comes and cross the bridge when you get there."

    Constant attention to where one's going in one's life and how to get to the next step seems to me somewhat related with extraversion. That is, a person has to care enough about the external world to actually take the steps necessary to progress. This isn't to say that there aren't a lot of "driven" Ip types who are succeeding in going from Point A to Point B, but I'm not convinced that INps would necessarily be driven and planful in that sense; they may very well "take it as comes" but indulge themselves not in sensory activities but more Ni-related ones.

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,969
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Salawa View Post
    Gah. I'm not actually here, but I want to say that being focussed on the future is not necessarily related to being planful and driven -- particularly because there are many things in the future that you really have little control over. Being focussed on the future to the point of kind of neglecting the present would be an indication of >. It's about where your mind is, not necessarily about what you're doing about it.
    Yes, exactly. But Expat said "what you're going with your life in the future" (I assume he meant either what you're going "to do" or "where you're going"). In any case, the way that was phrased seemed to put emphasis on personal action.

    I think may involve focusing on the future, the past, and generally not being in the present...and furthermore, the thoughts may not necessarily be about one's own personal life at all.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •