Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Statement about Fi, Te

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    TIM
    TiNe
    Posts
    7,967
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Statement about Fi, Te

    I a lot of people consider Fi to be about perceiving bonds between others, but Te is the art of the deal, and recognizing where deals can be made. A deal is a bond; therefore, it must be Te that recognizes the opportunity for bonding and not Fi. However, certainly Fi is the substance of a bond because it determines how much integrity the bond has; because if you disike or distrust someone, your deal with them may not last.

    Or would you say that bonds always exist, and deals just formalize them?

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    Te is the art of the deal, and recognizing where deals can be made.
    no. now go away.

  3. #3
    Smilingeyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,228
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    A simplified answer: Ni is what helps one see the opportunity for growth, profit, making of deals. It is what lets us perceive synergy. Te is what gives the ability to structurize the deal, to make and uphold the contract. Si is what lends us the skills to fulfill the contract. Fi looks for the integrity shown by Te, not the shrewdness of economic opportunism (Ni) nor the profitable skills (Si).
    First eliminate every possible source of error. Thence success is inevitable.

  4. #4
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    Te is the art of the deal, and recognizing where deals can be made.
    I've not heard of this before.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    TIM
    TiNe
    Posts
    7,967
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think your problem, Joy, is mistaking your penchant for selling houses for something other than .

    Quote Originally Posted by smilingeyes
    A simplified answer: Ni is what helps one see the opportunity for growth, profit, making of deals. It is what lets us perceive synergy. Te is what gives the ability to structurize the deal, to make and uphold the contract. Si is what lends us the skills to fulfill the contract. Fi looks for the integrity shown by Te, not the shrewdness of economic opportunism (Ni) nor the profitable skills (Si).
    Ni has nothing to do with seeing opportunity, although perhaps it can take advantage of an opportunity that has been previously been perceived via Te by formalizing a contract for its exploitation. However, Ni just sees the road ahead by remembering past deals. Comparison of past deals to present conditions can be indicative of a new opportunity for solid agreement and dealmaking.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    TIM
    TiNe
    Posts
    7,967
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Some months ago, labcoat made an important point to me. I had told him that Ne was imagery, and he protested that Si was imagery which was utilized by Ne to create imagination. He was right, of course: I was so adept with +Ne and comfortable appling whatever +Si image I became aware of to it that I could not deduce the relationship between these two very distinct elements. I think Gammas here are having the same problem: they are so used to using Te to bond on basis of Fi, and Fi to judge on basis of Te, doing either so casually and naturally, that they fail to distinguish between the two and thus are losing the opportunity to learn more about them.

  7. #7
    Joy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    TIM
    SEE-Se
    Posts
    24,501
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg View Post
    I think your problem, Joy, is mistaking your penchant for selling houses for something other than .
    I could never be a real estate agent. Way too stressful.
    SEE-Se, 852 sx/so

    Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

  8. #8
    liveandletlive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,290
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smilingeyes View Post
    A simplified answer: Ni is what helps one see the opportunity for growth, profit, making of deals. It is what lets us perceive synergy. Te is what gives the ability to structurize the deal, to make and uphold the contract. Si is what lends us the skills to fulfill the contract. Fi looks for the integrity shown by Te, not the shrewdness of economic opportunism (Ni) nor the profitable skills (Si).
    can you explain how Si lets you fulfill the contract? this seems as if it's too general and could apply to a couple of other elements.
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •