Thread: Question on Quadra Mottos

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Question on Quadra Mottos

The Delta motto is essentially 'to serve and protect'. But how does the SLI play a part in this? I always saw the SLI as the lazy self-indulgent one who just liked to play around with mechanics. It's easy to see how the LSE would serve and protect; the best soldiers, admins and CEOs are LSEs; they have social and environmental responsibility, and they are well-organised and effective people. Delta NFs help people with their creativity (IEE) and their values, principles and morals (EII). But how does the SLI help anyone?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wtf is a "quadra motto."

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, as caretaker types, they serve and protect their families or whoever is close to them. Their circle of friends too.

Even as far as mechanical stuff goes, some of that in my house goes to taking care of me and my daughter. Making sure my car is well maintained. Checking the air pressure on my daughter's bike wheels. Looking over car seats carefully to make sure we get the best one. Etc.

I'd honestly say that SLIs even care about the world as a whole. My husband is really cheap so he doesn't like to give money to charity (that's my job) but he does really care about the world and making it better. Like he refuses to shop at Wal-Mart because they don't pay their workers well, etc. This is really important to him, though he doesn't talk about it to anyone other than me I don't think. I needed a new blender and I saw the same blender cost $6 less at Wal-Mart than another store. He felt strongly that I should buy it from the other store because it was unionized. You might say "it's only $6" but he's really cheap and that's a pretty big deal for him. He also is careful when he buys things to try to buy them from renewable sources and to buy things as environmentally friendly as possible, again, even if it costs more. Often, even if it costs significantly more. And paying more hurts him. LOL. He hates hates hates spending money.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ezra, I doubt ESTjs necessarily contribute well to society. Many of them may be efficient administrators, but usually they make the life of their subordinates much worse. It's better to be an SLI that just does his own thing without bugging the lives of others except his closest, imho.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17 View Post
    wtf is a "quadra motto."
    A cheap marketing scam.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Ezra, I doubt ESTjs necessarily contribute well to society. Many of them may be efficient administrators, but usually they make the life of their subordinates much worse. It's better to be an SLI that just does his own thing without bugging the lives of others except his closest, imho.
    I used to work for an ESTj and he was a great boss. Definitely didn't make my life worse.

But I agree that I don't think "making the world better" is something they spend a lot of time on. Making the life of their family better though is something they'd think of. They're still caretakers. "To serve and protect" doesn't necessarily mean to serve and protect all of society.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    I used to work for an ESTj and he was a great boss. Definitely didn't make my life worse.

But I agree that I don't think "making the world better" is something they spend a lot of time on. Making the life of their family better though is something they'd think of. They're still caretakers. "To serve and protect" doesn't necessarily mean to serve and protect all of society.
    that's seriously a good description IMO.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    ILE (ENTp)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default x

To serve and to protect:

I have an ISTp friend who is apparently addicted to sex. He has sex everyday, he cannot bear a few days without sex. Since he is not wealthy, he usually dates ugly women. When people ask them about his lifestyle he answers: "Everybody has the right to have sex. Since these ugly girls are lonely, I am here to satisfy them, to care about them"
    ILE "Searcher"
    Socionics: ENTp
    DCNH: Dominant --> perhaps Normalizing
    Enneagram: 7w6 "Enthusiast"
    MBTI: ENTJ "Field Marshall" or ENTP "Inventor"
    Astrological sign: Aquarius

To learn, read. To know, write. To master, teach.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    To serve and to protect:

I have an ISTp friend who is apparently addicted to sex. He has sex everyday, he cannot bear a few days without sex. Since he is not wealthy, he usually dates ugly women. When people ask them about his lifestyle he answers: "Everybody has the right to have sex. Since these ugly girls are lonely, I am here to satisfy them, to care about them"
    wtf lol. you never know what you're going to read here...

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I prefer "to protect and to help".
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has a more democratic edge to it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know about the mottos, but I can be quite protective of my friends, and through the years have had several of them call on me when in acute distress.
    The more chronic forms of serving and protecting tend to shut me down, however ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Bukowski
    We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.
    SLI

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iAnnAu View Post
    I don't know about the mottos, but I can be quite protective of my friends, and through the years have had several of them call on me when in acute distress.
    The more chronic forms of serving and protecting tend to shut me down, however ...
    Yeah, I mean you can only help em so much.

Anybody whom I call my "real" friend i'd do anything for in a time of need. Absolutely anything.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Goddamnit dee just put it in one post

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    To serve and to protect:

I just L O L'd.

But really, doesn't everyone have that one friend that gets laid a lot and everyone knows... it doesn't really matter who it is... as long as he's gettin laid...lol

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    it doesn't matter, there is enough storage space.
    Not the point. There's lazy people here, who'd rather not scroll for days to see the next post when they have you on ignore. Since it still takes room even if that's the case. Duh.

Seriously though, my posts are set to 20 per page, since I never really read any of yours... and they take up 10 out of 20 on every page... and they're all one liners... it sux.

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, out of the remaining 1099 people signed up for this forum and many more unregistered permanent or one-off, i'm sure there is at least ONE who will read all the posts. lol.
    *sigh* Yeah. I do.

INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, out of the remaining 1099 people signed up for this forum and many more unregistered permanent or one-off, i'm sure there is at least ONE who will read all the posts. lol.
    Well. Ok. lol. *steps off soapbox* I tried.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(....continued) since emotions is a program function in the superego block, ESTJ tries to emotionalize people around
    That makes no sense. That's a Fe thing.

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    Goddamnit dee just put it in one post
    Agreed.