Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should finding one's dual annoying make one doubt their type?

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Should finding one's dual annoying make one doubt their type?

hmmm.
    I'm beginning to doubt my being ENTp and/or duality in general.
    I've found almost every ISFp on here annoying, with the exception of bionicgoat, for some reason.

Oh, and there was someone else I liked, but I forgot their username.
    But anyway, most of the recent "What's My Type" thread starters who eventually are typed ISFp have all seemed somewhat annoying to me.

I'm not sure what this means. Either:
    1. I am not ILE
    2. SEIs only come off that way on the internet
    3. Duality doesn't work for everyone.
    4. I judge people too quickly
    5. I'm in a bad mood and I feel like criticizing my dual.
    6. SEIs ARE annoying, and I was supposed to accept that, or kill them when no one notices.
    7. No one is a REAL SEI
    8. A combination of 1 and six with 2 thrown in every once in a while, divided by four.
    9. Brain Cancer of the lip
    10. Bad math.
    maybe a saint is just a dead prick with a good publicist
    maybe tommorow's statues are insecure without their foes
    go ask the frog what the scorpion knows

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I vote for the cancer.

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you pinpoint a common theme that you find in ISFp's that you find annoying? Something in the way they present their information? Is it all over the map and difficult to pin it on one thing?
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tereg View Post
    Can you pinpoint a common theme that you find in ISFp's that you find annoying? Something in the way they present their information? Is it all over the map and difficult to pin it on one thing?

They don't bother me in person. Just some of the ones on here.
    And I'm not sure why.

Too many exclamation points, which would feel appropriate in person, but annoys me online. And the fact that the exclamation points are used after sentences about themselves. Which leads me to think that they are very excited about themselves. And how when they respond to things, they make it sound like they are doing someone else a favor by talking about themselves. I don't know. Just the combination of exclamation points and talking about themselves and pointing out the obvious makes me sick.

I haven't really thought any of it through though, so the above paragraph most likely sounds retarded. But I'm too lazy to double check anything.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EXPLAIN YOSELF!

but really, is it my blatent emotional weakness or my blatent failure of socioncs that pisses you off?
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

TIM
    Se/Ni sx/sp
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamangir View Post
    EXPLAIN YOSELF!

but really, is it my blatent emotional weakness or my blatent failure of socioncs that pisses you off?

Haha. Calm down.

Quote Originally Posted by anamericancer
    It might have been you I was thinking about. Not sure.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah truly, I feel that I need to convey emotion over the internet, and what better way than to use descriptive words and put exclamation marks after everything?

Truly, I'm tons more chill irl. But I carry emotion too.
    D-SEI 9w1

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IRL relations and interactions should be more significant than anything online in regard to your determinations.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn, looks like you duals just don't like each other much. I forget what post this was said and by whom, but it said that "sparks take much longer for duals than for other relationships, but that spark grows bigger and lasts longer than any other relationship out there".... fuck, I should really find that quote.

And so far, I love my duals.

Out of range. Please call your service provider.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anamericancer View Post
    hmmm.
    I'm beginning to doubt my being ENTp and/or duality in general.
    I've found almost every ISFp on here annoying, with the exception of bionicgoat, for some reason.

But anyway, most of the recent "What's My Type" thread starters who eventually are typed ISFp have all seemed somewhat annoying to me.

I'm not sure what this means. Either:
    1. I am not ILE
    2. SEIs only come off that way on the internet
    3. Duality doesn't work for everyone.
    4. I judge people too quickly
    5. I'm in a bad mood and I feel like criticizing my dual.
    6. SEIs ARE annoying, and I was supposed to accept that, or kill them when no one notices.
    7. No one is a REAL SEI
    8. A combination of 1 and six with 2 thrown in every once in a while, divided by four.
    9. Brain Cancer of the lip
    10. Bad math.
    If you subscribe to a notion of subtype, could you say that the ISFp's that have annoyed you are subtypes?
    PoLR
    Suggestive Function

Regular Double-shot Espresso Subtype

Just because I'm a thinking type doesn't mean I'm not an idiot.

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't put too much weight on it. Almost everyone in my quadra annoys the fuck out of me online. Everyone. Duals, identicals, mirrors (ESPECIALLY mirrors, for some reason)...

Last summer an SLE girl that I get along really well with in person started IMing me and came across about ten times less intelligent online than she actually is in person. It made me doubt my type until we met up person again and things were fine.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baby View Post
    I wouldn't put too much weight on it. Almost everyone in my quadra annoys the fuck out of me online. Everyone. Duals, identicals, mirrors (ESPECIALLY mirrors, for some reason)...
    lol hmm really, so Ezra, ScarlettLux, Kristiina etc annoy you (online) eh? why is that?

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably because I'm a stuck-up pansy douche-bag. Seriously I probably just have a very low tolerance for internet memes and lack of punctuation and this smiley: <- I hate that little twerp.

For the record, at least two of the three people you listed don't annoy me at all. And the other one... we'd probably get on fine in person. :wink: Actually no one on this forum really annoys me because we just talk about Socionics here. But the Betas I know irl translating over to the internet? Eesh... the disparity is astounding.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not everyone has the patience to type legibly online.

TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not only that. Sometimes it's like intertype relations just stop working online. I think it's probably Fe-preference, but a lot get's lost for me (or really really garbled) in translation without the benefit of the face-to-face component of it all.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

90&#37; of our communication is body language. Which is why online interactions bite the big one.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

americancer, have you ever made a real typing thread in What's my type? If not then start one. You might be mistyped, the "ISFps" here might be mistyped. Do it properly and start a thread.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The people on this forum I take most interest in are a Beta ST, a Beta NF, two Gamma NTs, a Delta NF and a Delta ST. I'm most averse to the Beta NFs who think they're Alpha or Gamma NTs. I won't say who they are, because I've already started a thread about it. But what, from that, can you tell? Nothing. I like a wide range of people.

So, anamericancer, are you saying you find every one of your duals you've met annoying?

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are consistently finding your duals annoying, including IRL, I would have to wonder if you're typing accurately or if you are typed accurately. Or both.

One or two - well we can find people annoying for a number of reasons, many that have nothing to do with personality type.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Should finding one's dual annoying make one doubt their type?
    in a word, yes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What types on the forum do you generally seem to enjoy? and What type do you think you would be if not ENTp? Also reading ISFp posts on the forum would definitely have a different impact than directly communicating with them (i.e. via PM). You say you don't like the !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but maybe you're just jealous that they're giving their Fe to someone else instead of you lol, seriously watching your dual interact with others is usually a lot less satisfying than interacting with your dual
    INFp-Ni

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anamericancer i guess i sort of relate. but then again i'm on the fence about my type. but anyway, the SEI's here don't annoy me really, it's more like they are a blind spot or a blank or something except for bionicgoat like you say...can't really see him as a blankspot lol.

but if i had to make a generalization about which "type" posts i read with the most interest i'd say probably infp posts. but then again, really there are people of all different types here whose posts are interesting, so....dunno....i think people are right that online it's hard to gauge somebody's personality fully.

as far as duality goes, socionics is on to something for sure as far as a theory goes, but there are so so so many contextual factors which contribute to attraction and relationship, i'm reaching the conclusion that it's good to keep in mind, but better to note how you react IRL to people and go more by that. also, if you do start to have problems in a relationship, socionics can help you understand why, which should point the way toward what to do about it.

like for example, if i know up front that i need thus and such in a relationship, i should make that clear in the beginning. and the person i'm in the relationship with should try to figure out the extend to which they can provide that. let's say they can give me what i need at the rate of say 80%. depending on the priority of the need, that might be good enough for me to continue. and, we've set a precendent in the relationship for clearly identifying needs and using language to communicate them. so, if there's a problem related to this need later, then the communication path about this need has already been blazed, so it should make it easier to talk about.

like, over time, you could get to a place where your partner says, i can't meet this need the way you want, how else could you get this need met?

so in a way the best use of socionics is learning yourself and what you need, listening to othes and what they need.

so sorry guess this is a little bit tangential but perhaps kinda sorta what you were getting at in your thread question?

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ifmd95 View Post
    in my high school, there were predominantly three social groups of the athletically-inclined. of those three, two groups were particularly large - both of them more composed of the people who played team sports (as opposed to say, running).

these two particular groups didn't get along well. one of the first socionics lightbulbs to go off in my head was in realizing these two groups were beta ST and delta ST, predominantly.

maybe some of the jocks you disliked were ESTj?
    Perhaps. I do seem to have lumped them all into one category, which is rather blatantly over-generalizing of me. You at least were able to come up with subcategories. Ha. (at self)
    Last edited by marooned; 01-14-2008 at 02:29 PM. Reason: left out a word

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ifmd95 View Post
    i was of course completely oblivious to this opportunity at the time.
    Now instead you are dirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrty!!

By the way, there were similar crowds at my school, too. I remember I got along well with the xSTP's troublemakers -even if in the end teachers hated me because they couldn't give me bad grades- and always fought with the aristocratic EJ's. Not much contact with alphas I think. Except the xSTP's I was more lonerish.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People sucked at my HS.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think you can find them annoying, but do they make you calm? Also if they dont do it in real life, well that's what counts.

personally i hate all my identicals and find most activity partners initially annoying. I think my duals in real life either intimidate me or calm me, but don't really interest me. Online they might annoy me or else intimidate or calm me.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, Highschool...

Seems like a lifetime ago. I don't know, looking back at that, it definitely does not make me think I am valuing. The girls that were most attractive to me were the ones with that quiet streak, slight tendency towards perfectionism and professionalism. In fact, mostly all of my friends were medium to less outgoing, save for one SEE. The girls I had the biggest hots for were definitely not very outwardly open or bubbly. Mmm.

High school was generally pretty weird though. Didn't like it, always wanted to be out, into college, into the real world moving on with my life.

...man I'm glad to be out
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by marooned; 08-04-2008 at 04:15 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You should relax more Loki. Take a bubble bath.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    You should relax more Loki. Take a bubble bath.
    Yes, good call.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington View Post
    i think you can find them annoying, but do they make you calm? Also if they dont do it in real life, well that's what counts.

personally i hate all my identicals and find most activity partners initially annoying. I think my duals in real life either intimidate me or calm me, but don't really interest me. Online they might annoy me or else intimidate or calm me.
    this is quite a classic LII quote. hehehe

segue: i had coffee last weekend with my supervisee and my conflictor. yuck. all they did was talk about clients and how to leverage them into getting off their caseloads. at this point in my career, i hate talking about clients. who cares. and their little creative Se games about how to get clients, even bad ones, to do what you want, left me cold. mostly i was totally annoyed by my conflictor, not as much my supervisee.

i decided, i don't think i want to have coffee with these two again. what a waste of time. if we're going to talk, at least talk about something more uplifting or interesting, you know, like your life? your kids? your hobbies? your theory of life on the planet? but clients? yuck.

anyway relating this to the topic. i'd much rather be calmed, or bored, or slightly annoyed than how i felt during this converstation.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine Lively View Post
    this is quite a classic LII quote. hehehe

segue: i had coffee last weekend with my supervisee and my conflictor. yuck. all they did was talk about clients and how to leverage them into getting off their caseloads. at this point in my career, i hate talking about clients. who cares. and their little creative Se games about how to get clients, even bad ones, to do what you want, left me cold. mostly i was totally annoyed by my conflictor, not as much my supervisee.

i decided, i don't think i want to have coffee with these two again. what a waste of time. if we're going to talk, at least talk about something more uplifting or interesting, you know, like your life? your kids? your hobbies? your theory of life on the planet? but clients? yuck.

anyway relating this to the topic. i'd much rather be calmed, or bored, or slightly annoyed than how i felt during this converstation.
    You are definitely cool.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by americancer
    Too many exclamation points, which would feel appropriate in person, but annoys me online. And the fact that the exclamation points are used after sentences about themselves. Which leads me to think that they are very excited about themselves. And how when they respond to things, they make it sound like they are doing someone else a favor by talking about themselves. I don't know. Just the combination of exclamation points and talking about themselves and pointing out the obvious makes me sick.
    lol, why don't you just say theMime.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    lol, why don't you just say theMime.
    uh oh you shouldn't have said that.
    I'm really tempted to leave a whole comment full of nothing but exclamation marks.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You should, that'll teach her!!!!!1!!!!!!1!!!one!!!!

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get excited when I see myself in the mirror btw.
    D-SEI 9w1

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey I like my duals a whole lot. They have some annoying habits too - that's how it is.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like when my duals bring me brownies.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deliciously awesome brownies of freedom

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    I like when my duals bring me brownies.

Oh god.......

INFjs making brownies for me. That is probably one of my favorite things in the world. Oh yeah, especially because they always say "have as much as you want!", and I try to be nice by not taking them all, but then they sort of just leave them there, maybe hoping you do, and then I do, and it is like everyone is happy. Mmmm.... I need to find more INFjs to make me brownies, yes.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast