Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Description

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Description

I promised it so I'm posting it:

Physical (some say it matters some say it doesn’t but I’ll put it in anyway):
     My style of walking has a very subtle bounce to it
     my natural smile is wide and 75% of the time my emotions are extremely obvious through my facial expressions and body language…I have been told this many times by others…if I’m uncomfortable others immediately can tell.

Social:
     If I have a performance or presentation prepared I love the spotlight but in day to day matters I tend to avoid it and dislike being put on the spot.
     I don’t force friendships
     If I have wronged/offended/hurt someone I will always apologize.
     Regular fun with friends is a must.
     In general I avoid confrontations.
     I’m definitely sensitive to the emotional atmosphere around me

Communication:
     For some reason I have a hard time translating my thoughts into words and for some even stranger reason it’s harder to do it verbally than on paper.
     I use my naturally loud and clear body language/facial expressions to my advantage…often making comments and requests without even uttering a single word.

Info. Intake:
     I take in tons of specific details and put them all together to get an idea of the big picture (if I want an idea of the big picture that is)
     I’m good at perceiving my internal reaction to external sensory stimuli

Views:
     I tend to notice, think about, and talk about the dynamic aspect of things more than the static aspect and I tend to view reality as more dynamic than static

I know there is a lot more I could have said/explained/expanded on but if you have any questions feel free to ask.

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is unrelated, but thank you for your blog comment.

This description, your type video, the way you've kind of managed the threads in suspense, it definitely all goes along with and feels very Alpha SF to me.

INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought you were already settled with ISFp.

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think she's just telling us more about herself to help us get a better picture of her as contrasted by the guessing-game threads. Think of it as a delayed introduction thread.

Am I right in assuming this?
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't really want to post this thread at all.
    But someone said they thought I was wrong about what type I think I am so I promised to post a description so they could see if I was wrong or not.
    This thread is just me keeping my word.
    Last edited by theMime.; 01-12-2008 at 11:33 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XoX View Post
    I thought you were already settled with ISFp.
    I am most definitely settled with ISFp...it's others that aren't.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tereg View Post
    I think she's just telling us more about herself to help us get a better picture of her as contrasted by the guessing-game threads. Think of it as a delayed introduction thread.

Am I right in assuming this?
    She could put ISFp in her sig and that's just about all the introduction we need. Because as socionists we can deduct all relevant information from there.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

none of this information is useful.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17 View Post
    none of this information is useful.
    OK THEN WHAT INFORMATION IS USEFUL?!?!?!?!?!?
    ASK QUESTIONS IF YOU WANT USEFUL INFORMATION!!

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually it is. it points directly to ISFp.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She could put ISFp in her sig and that's just about all the introduction we need. Because as socionists we can deduct all relevant information from there.
    this is ridiculous. nobody knows about a person better than themselves. getting a person to really start talking extensively about themselves is the best way i know of to gather type-related information.

"getting a person to really start talking about themselves" is very broad and very vague, as it should be.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theMime. View Post
    I am most definitely settled with ISFp...it's others that aren't.
    Well, it is just that you risk yourself being Te'd to death like so many ENFjs. But the ENFjs actually deserve it for being such aristocratic meanies, hah. However if it is information, truth and rather direct discussion you seek then please go ahead.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is ridiculous. nobody knows about a person better than themselves. getting a person to really start talking extensively about themselves is the best way i know of to gather type-related information.

"getting a person to really start talking about themselves" is very broad and very vague, as it should be.
    Niffydiffy, it was said jokingly of course You never get those jokes. And I can see your claws are already sharp and ready to rip apart yet another innocent alpha I see visions of death and destruction and broken dreams and I'm kind of trying to prevent that, hah.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK THEN WHAT INFORMATION IS USEFUL?!?!?!?!?!?
    ASK QUESTIONS IF YOU WANT USEFUL INFORMATION!!
    here are some open-ended prompts. answer any of the following question, but try to provide detailed and thorough answers.

what are your hobbies/interests/passions and why do you enjoy them?
    who are your friends and why? who do you enjoy spending time with?
    if you had all the money in the world and could retire tomorrow, what would you do? (blatantly stolen from expat)
    what is the meaning of life?
    what is the stupidest thing you've ever done?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, it is just that you risk yourself being Te'd to death like so many ENFjs. But the ENFjs actually deserve it for being such aristocratic meanies, hah. However if it is information, truth and rather direct discussion you seek then please go ahead.
    UHM what?
    haha!
    OH! Yes, I do want truth. I suppose I was being a bit cocky with my certainty of my type but if others really suspect I could be something other than ISFp then my ears are wide open.

"meanies" ? oh dear. hmmm I wonder if I've been a meanie...I hope not!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Niffydiffy, it was said jokingly of course You never get those jokes. And I can see your claws are already sharp and ready to rip apart yet another innocent alpha I see visions of death and destruction and broken dreams and I'm kind of trying to prevent that, hah.
    actually i see signs that she's not SEI, but i'm getting way ahead of myself.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually i see signs that she's not SEI, but i'm getting way ahead of myself.
    omg, you are trying to turn her into an ESFp aren't you? damn you are so sneaky.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

omg, you are trying to turn her into an ESFp aren't you? damn you are so sneaky.
    actually no. but this discussion is faced with a rather glaring paucity of information.

i will be back in about two hours to evaluate any responses.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UHM what?
    haha!
    OH! Yes, I do want truth. I suppose I was being a bit cocky with my certainty of my type but if others really suspect I could be something other than ISFp then my ears are wide open.

"meanies" ? oh dear. hmmm I wonder if I've been a meanie...I hope not!
    Expat's list:
    ILE (ENTp), LII (INTj), SEI (ISFp), IEE (ENFp) or EII (INFj).
    is a good starting point.

I'm pretty sure your type is there.

I am not denying that this person is an ISFp. I am curious, though, about what is so "I". There is nothing here that distinctly points to introvert.
    Classical socionics: (), ILI-Ni
    Dual-type theory: INTp-ENTp

5w6 sp/sx
    MBTI: INTJ

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iconoclast IX View Post
    I am not denying that this person is an ISFp. I am curious, though, about what is so "I". There is nothing here that distinctly points to introvert.
    I know I am SEI (ISFp), and there is nothing "I" about me.

The only thing that is "I" about me is that around new people, I'm shy, and I don't like talking to authority figures, I get all embarrassed around them for some reason.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

here are some open-ended prompts. answer any of the following question, but try to provide detailed and thorough answers.

what are your hobbies/interests/passions and why do you enjoy them?
    who are your friends and why? who do you enjoy spending time with?
    if you had all the money in the world and could retire tomorrow, what would you do? (blatantly stolen from expat)
    what is the meaning of life?
    what is the stupidest thing you've ever done?

Hobbies: Creating. Anything and everything creative catches my interest like: cooking, baking, sewing, drawing, painting, sculpting, writing poems, writing short stories, writing screen plays, directing short films (the list goes on but I'll stop here)

Oh and sports too!...that falls under the category of hobbies right? Haha if not oh well! Pretty much all sports but soccer, baseball, and golf (mini golf haha!) are my favorites. Sports are fun.

I don't know why I enjoy creating...I just get an urge to do it and go with it. HMMM wait come to think of it....I often use art as a therapy...an emotional outlet...other times it's more of a....uhmmmm...it's more of a....wow I wish I could describe what goes on internally when I get the urge to create but trying to analyze it only leaves me confused. UHM OH!...sometimes I do it because it's fun...I have no clue why it's fun but it is! MAYBE it just feels good to make the world prettier...or maybe it just feels good when someone admires something I've created...or maybe it feels good when some of my more political pieces get people to think about issues that matter.
    Hmmmm I do know this for certain! It feels the best when my art has served a purpose.

Interests: understanding human beings. I want to understand them so I will be better equipped to help them. I also want to understand them because it makes things easier on me...a very simple example would be that I know that my brother loves sweets so when I need help hauling furniture I offer him sweets in exchange for his man power (he's pretty strong for a 13-year-old) and he usually accepts the offer. Apart from psychology I'm interested in learning about just about anything...I love to learn.

Passions: I'm passionate about impacting people's lives for the better. Tutoring and feeding the homeless are two favorites of mine. I have a deep need for purpose and impacting people for the better meets that need.

Friends and why: Who are my friends?...did you want types?
    ESFp: Because she's warm and makes things fun and she's a good conversationalist. It was her really big heart that drew me to her. I admired her heart and that made me want to be her friend...for some reason when I really admire somebody I want to be their friend. She also listens when I need to talk.
    ESFj: =) It's easy to want to be her friend...she understands unconditional love and isn't afraid to let people get really close to her. She's also one of the most kind/caring/considerate/forgiving people I know.
    IxTx: He needed a friend so I befriended him. He's the only one I trust with my deepest secrets.
    INFp: haha uhm I dunno but I like her!
    ISFp: Prolly because we get each other and we like it.
    ESXp: Shared interests and he comes to me when he needs to get things off his chest.
    ISFj: I dunno I just really like being around her.
    All my other friends: bleh I'm too lazy to talk about them

HAHA uhm I prolly sound pretty selfish because most of what I said about my friends had to do with what they could do for me instead of what I could do for them...that was because it seemed like that was the kind of answer that Niffweed17 wanted...like it sounded like he wanted to know what I look for in a friend. But don't worry! I try hard to be a good friend! Well ok I admit it sometimes I do forget that I need to think of what I can do for them instead of what they can do for me...but I always get a wake up call and go back to putting them first instead of putting me first.

If I had all the money in the world:
    First I would take time to pause and ponder before I did anything with that money. I would want to make sure that I knew the wisest thing to do with it before taking any action. One of the first things I would do would be get somebody to keep me in check, somebody to talk sense into me if the money began to corrupt me. I would then proceed to do something along the lines of:
    1. Create jobs in countries that need them (to help end world hunger)
    2. Donate money to organizations trying to stop global warming
    3. Put my siblings and cousins through college
    4. Find other ways to improve the condition of our planet and more importantly the lives of those living on it
    5. Put a roller coaster in my backyard
    6. Buy myself an art studio
    7. A bazillion billion other things

Meaing of life: Uhhh well I think making the world a better place might be a part of it.

The stupidest thing I've ever done: Walked alone at night through a dangerous neighborhood.

Hopefully there will be at least ONE piece of useful information in here.
    If not then feel free to ask more questions to get more in depth and more detailed answers.
    Last edited by theMime.; 01-13-2008 at 03:13 AM.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HAHA uhm I prolly sound pretty selfish because most of what I said about my friends had to do with what they could do for me instead of what I could do for them...that was because it seemed like that was the kind of answer that Niffweed17 wanted...like it sounded like he wanted to know what I look for in a friend. But don't worry! I try hard to be a good friend! Well ok I admit it sometimes I do forget that I need to think of what I can do for them instead of what they can do for me...but I always get a wake up call and go back to putting them first instead of putting me first.
    <3

That post was so cool.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iconoclast IX View Post
    Uhm I'm more of a quiet observer. I'm not open and talkative. I'm a private person. I was kinda open when I answered all those questions that Niffweed17 asked but being open like that isn't the norm for me. Uhm and I'm more interested in my internal world of thoughts/emotions than the external world. I would rather have a few deep friendships than 50 friendships that weren't deep.
    Last edited by theMime.; 01-13-2008 at 11:13 PM.

TIM
    EII/INFj
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    You format your posts very nicely. Make it easy to understand.
    QFT

Not only that, but each block has a pertinent amount of information that is descriptive enough to get each part's message across and is to the point.

I like that a lot.
    INFj

9w1 sp/sx

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iconoclast IX
    for one, you can just tell from her expression. and she just talked about how she values inner world more than outer.

Quote Originally Posted by theMime
    The stupidest thing I've ever done: Walked alone at night through a dangerous neighborhood.
    damn....jailbait (Ezra lol)

I'm more interested in my internal world of thoughts/emotions than the external world. I would rather have a few deep friendships than 50 shallow ones.
    I will continually argue this point because I see it reasserted every day. Extroverts are not shallow people and introverts aren't necessarily "deep." it is a matter of focus that results in introverts caring about fewer, deeper relationships...in one sense it has to do with control, not going too far outwards (this is kind of based on another thread). yeah, mime, you're obviously intro.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hopefully there will be at least ONE piece of useful information in here.
    If not then feel free to ask more questions to get more in depth and more detailed answers.
    a lot of the description is definitely "useful information." however, if you allow me to, i'll keep asking questions until i see very compelling and consistent evidence.

If I had all the money in the world:
    First I would take time to pause and ponder before I did anything with that money. I would want to make sure that I knew the wisest thing to do with it before taking any action. One of the first things I would do would be get somebody to keep me in check, somebody to talk sense into me if the money began to corrupt me.
    what do you mean by this? what would this person do, specifically? and what consititutes "money beginning to corrupt you?" for example, you mentioned that you would buy your own roller coaster and art studio. those sound like they could be interpreted as selfish motivations. would you consider that selfish, or perhaps a few harmless toys in an otherwise selfless existence, or is it your right to do whatever you want with your money?

why do you feel this way and in what way would the aforementioned companion assist you in upholding these principles?

Apart from psychology I'm interested in learning about just about anything...I love to learn.
    what other kinds of things are you interested in learning and why?

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It does point in a few different directions. Strong in both Fe and Fi. Weak in Se. I think she could be ISFp but she could be ENFp too. How are ISFps with confrontation - specifically saying that makes me wonder about ENFp. I don't think INFj because she doesn't seem to have an Ij temperment. The artist thing points more strongly to ISFp I suppose but it isn't clear cut I don't think. ENFps are able to have artistic talents after all.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think the above description does point to an interest in the emotional atmosphere and probably a Ti-seeking type. as well as a complete lack of interest in Ni + Te. solely based upon it, my first choice would be ESE, but SEI is also good.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good point - could be ESFj too. I missed that one.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Niffweed - I see weakness in Te but not aversion to it or anything. Where do you see negativity toward Te? And where do you see dual-seeking Ti?
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    Niffweed - I see weakness in Te but not aversion to it or anything. Where do you see negativity toward Te? And where do you see dual-seeking Ti?
    i said i see a "complete lack of interest" in Te. in all of the questions about hobbies/interest/future, she completely avoided discussing Te-related information, which is exactly what i would do in each instance, particularly that about interests.

the dual-seeking Ti is pretty speculative, but this is where i see it:

First I would take time to pause and ponder before I did anything with that money. I would want to make sure that I knew the wisest thing to do with it before taking any action. One of the first things I would do would be get somebody to keep me in check, somebody to talk sense into me if the money began to corrupt me

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slackermom: It does point in a few different directions. Strong in both Fe and Fi. Weak in Se.

Niff: "i said i see a "complete lack of interest" in Te."

Based on that don't rule out INFp (strong in Fe and Fi, Te PoLR). INFp's are creative and artistic too, and a world improvement urge is quite (very) common in INFp's.
    INFp

If your sea chart does not match reality, go with reality (Old mariner saying)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wittmont View Post
    Based on that don't rule out INFp.
    i haven't.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strrrng View Post
    for one, you can just tell from her expression. and she just talked about how she values inner world more than outer.

damn....jailbait (Ezra lol)

I will continually argue this point because I see it reasserted every day. Extroverts are not shallow people and introverts aren't necessarily "deep." it is a matter of focus that results in introverts caring about fewer, deeper relationships...in one sense it has to do with control, not going too far outwards (this is kind of based on another thread). yeah, mime, you're obviously intro.
    OH MY GOODNESS! I'M SORRY! I wasn't trying to imply that extroverts are shallow!!! I really should have worded that better! I know very well that extroverts have a deep side! I was trying to say I'd rather have a few friends that I was close to instead of a bunch of friends that I wasn't close to.
    Last edited by theMime.; 01-13-2008 at 07:11 PM.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dee View Post
    I'd rather have a few close friends instead of a bunch of friends that weren't close.
    isn't that what anyone would want?
    Good point.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tereg View Post
    QFT

Not only that, but each block has a pertinent amount of information that is descriptive enough to get each part's message across and is to the point.

I like that a lot.
    thanks. =)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for considering my dreams.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a lot of the description is definitely "useful information." however, if you allow me to, i'll keep asking questions until i see very compelling and consistent evidence.

what do you mean by this? what would this person do, specifically? and what consititutes "money beginning to corrupt you?" for example, you mentioned that you would buy your own roller coaster and art studio. those sound like they could be interpreted as selfish motivations. would you consider that selfish, or perhaps a few harmless toys in an otherwise selfless existence, or is it your right to do whatever you want with your money?

why do you feel this way and in what way would the aforementioned companion assist you in upholding these principles?

what do you mean by this? what would this person do, specifically?

This person would hold me accountable if I began to do anything wrong/unethical.

and what consititutes "money beginning to corrupt you?"

The money would be corrupting me if I began to lose sight of morality/ethics.

for example, you mentioned that you would buy your own roller coaster and art studio. those sound like they could be interpreted as selfish motivations. would you consider that selfish, or perhaps a few harmless toys in an otherwise selfless existence, or is it your right to do whatever you want with your money?

I'm not exactly sure what my right would be. I guess if I earned it it I would have the right to it but that wouldn't stop me from wanting to give it to people that needed it. Not only would I want to but I would feel morally obligated to. About the art studio... if it benefitted people, like if I used it to make things to give away then maybe it wouldn't be selfish but I'm not sure. About the roller coaster...I'm not sure....maybe I wouldn't buy a roller coaster. Every time I road it I might think of all the people I could have helped with the money I used to buy it. I really need to think about this more...coming to conclusions are difficult. I think buying a roller coaster might be selfish....but doesn't selfishness have to do with the heart and motives?...as long as my heart was in the right place and I was putting others first the roller coaster wouldn't really be selfish but if I was putting others first I probably wouldn't buy the roller coaster to begin with. I KNOW! When it came to spending money on myself, if I only used the money to take care of my needs and nothing more and the rest went to taking care of other's needs then it wouldn't be selfish! That's how I would go about it!...The hard part would be figuring out what amounts of whatever would be considered the right amounts. Like would I really need 50 shirts? But at the same time would only one shirt be enough?

I just thought about something...if somebody else bought themself a roller coaster...I'm not so sure I would consider them selfish. When thinking of it in terms of myself I get confused easily...my conscience and my brain argue a lot. So I'll think of it in terms of somebody else. Ok let's see...Bill Gates rightfully earned his money and should be able to do what he wants with it (as long as he doesn't hurt anybody with it), but if he spent it all on himself would I consider it selfish?...well I suppose it would be. Hmmm. Looks like there might be three possibilities: 1. selfish 2. neutral 3. selfless
    OK I think I have my final answer...while buying myself a roller coaster might not necessarily be selfish it wouldn't be selfless either. It wouldn't be a harmless toy in an otherwise selfless existence. It would be more of a neutral thing if a good chunk of the money went to meeting other's needs. But if it was literally all the money in the entire world then I might just divide it up equally amongst every person on the planet.

An accountability partner was what I meant by it. An accountablity partner is somebody that calls you every day or every week or whatever to make sure that you're on track with whatever it is you need to be on track with. So my accountablity partner would call me everyday to make sure I wasn't doing anything wrong/unethical/stupid with my moeny. But if it was that much money I would want like 50 accountablity partners and pictures of starving children all over my walls.

Basically anything that I can use in some way I'm interested in learning about. Except for history...I have no clue why I like learning about history.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast