Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Keith Olbermann

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSE.

I agree with his views and I'm very sympathetic to his line of thinking. But he comes across as a blowhard to me and I have a hard time not to giggle. Oh well just the way it is I don't want to be guilty of type prejudice >_<. He VI's as LSE too I think.
    INFp

If your sea chart does not match reality, go with reality (Old mariner saying)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wittmont View Post
    LSE.

I agree with his views and I'm very sympathetic to his line of thinking. But he comes across as a blowhard to me and I have a hard time not to giggle. Oh well just the way it is I don't want to be guilty of type prejudice >_<.
    your response suggests that you're extremely guilty of type prejudice, if i'm understanding that concept correctly.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And you are guilty of bad sarcasm
    INFp

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And you are guilty of bad sarcasm
    that was not sarcasm.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, explain why he isn't LSE instead then. I am eager to bow to your insight and wisdom (that was bad sarcasm )
    INFp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, explain why he isn't LSE instead then. I am eager to bow to your insight and wisdom (that was bad sarcasm )
    Well if he used the same logic you used, it'd probably be something like this:

Quote Originally Posted by Wittmont
    I agree with his views and I'm very sympathetic to his line of thinking. But he comes across as a blowhard to me and I have a hard time not to giggle.
    Hm, it's going to be really hard to refute this... Oh wait, I think he's WXYz type because he makes me think of floating butterflies in the morning.

Eye is so smart!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Erm, the comment I wrote about him being a blowhard was just an observation I threw out there, it didn't really have anything to do with why I think he is ESTj. He does come across to me as pompous and as a blowhard, that's just a fact. Hmm, come to think of it maybe ESFj is a better guess.
    INFp

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EDIT: Actually maybe LSI. (This is just V.I. and having watched two of the posted videos and knowing nothing about him.)
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm waiting for some more responses first.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, maybe he is beta, but he looks extraverted to me. He is the spitting image of a guy I know, who works as a bank director, I don't see him often but get along with well when I do (he is part of my fishing buddy gang). I've only really read texts by Olbermann before, and they have seen a bit over the top on the rhetoric to me. But he seems genuinely offended by what Bush is doing to America. I think he is a traditionalist and in some ways a conservative. He was not very successful as an anchor before he found his niche with his current show, which is more or less Bush bashing. But it seems genuinely felt by Olbermann.
    INFp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17 View Post
    i'm waiting for some more responses first.
    fair enough
    INFp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd guess ENTp, but it's hard to see who he is when he's just repeating lines.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought maybe he was INTp and that's why Niffweed wanted him typed - because he thinks they're somewhat alike.

I think he's a weak Fe type anyway. Like he is forceful and opinionated but his face and body are generally pretty static when he's talking. (I didn't watch that specific clip but we watch him often enough here.) Forceful with his words and strong with stating his opinion so at least values Se. I don't have a good reason for thinking he's a Te type other than that I can follow him. But I'm guessing Gamma anyway.

So we're all over the map with him, aren't we? I don't have a strong opinion about his type but I do kind of think Gamma.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He was not very successful as an anchor before he found his niche with his current show
    He was actually quite successful on ESPN back in the early 90's, I'd say at the time he was the best sportscaster on that channel. I remember turning on sportscenter every morning and watching him.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just watched his show... This is one of those cases where I can't tell fo sho... ENTp is my best (admittedly) guess, based on what I've seen... (Compare with, for example, Bill Maher.) Any other ideas about Olbermann's type?

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

niffweed has fallen asleep. Perhaps it's time for him to wake up and do what he said he 'd do. He does this a lot.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with LSE. I remember him querying Obama one night, to the camera, as to whether or not he really believed the change in his stance on domestric wiretapping worth the price. (as though he knew Obama to be listening). He put it in really businessman-like terms: the Republicans aren't going to vote for you anyway, so what do you have to gain by legitimizing a violation of the law?

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just watched a lot of Keith Olbermann on youtube (my head is spinning.) Now I can present an 'educated opinion'

First: tcaud et al, if he is ESTj, I would have to seriously reconsider my benchmarks for that type... He seems to use quite a bit of Ne--more than others ESTjs I've seen... For example, compare Olbermann's frequent use of Ne (and lack of Fi) to an ESTj in a comparable position, CNN HN personality Nancy Grace.

That said, tcaud, what you write about Olbermann's comment to Obama DOES seem to me to be an expression of Te, (like you interpreted it.) However, it does not seem to be out-of-line with 8th function Te, i.e. 'using Te to sell ideas,' (put very simply.) He was, after all, using it to persuade Obama (who may or may not have been watching--or had an aid watching.) In the videos I watched, I did see Olbermann use a lot of Te.

I considered INTp as well, b/c it was mentioned in this thread... Like I said, Olbermann DOES use a lot of Te; however, he does not use it incessantly, e.g. Ben Stein (INTp) or Gore Vidal (INTp,) who do... Whereas the Ni is blatant in Vidal and Stein, (just look at their faces, lol,) it is not with Olbermann... In fact, it's not a trait I noticed at all.

In thinking of ppl similar to Olbermann, (in terms of personality/presentation/sense of humor,) I thought of:
    * Kevin Nealon
    * Jon Stewart
    * Larry David

Each of the above mentioned, I consider to be ENTp... Like them, I consider Olbermann to be ENTp... Probably the Ti subtype.