Thread: Regarding INTps:

Default Regarding INTps:

I have noticed that many INTps (both on this forum and outside of it) have an interesting habit of completely disregarding capitalization rules, most notably, not capitalizing the first letter of a sentence. Not all INTps have this trait (I don't, for instance), yet I have noticed that many do.

Is there some correlation between this and Model-A, or does this merely happen to be some odd, coincidental observation?
    Classical socionics: (), ILI-Ni
    Dual-type theory: INTp-ENTp

5w6 sp/sx
    MBTI: INTJ

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's their PoLR combined with in their ego.

Also, two I's in their socionics type make sure that no sentence is capitalized.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is utterly insignificant.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamangir View Post
    it's their PoLR combined with in their ego.
    wtf????

Hacking your soul since the beginning of time Hitta's Avatar
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17 View Post

wtf????
    yea this is pretty much the first thing that niffweed has said that I agree with....... WTF?? lol
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

jessica129:scrotums r hot

:" hitting cap makes me envision cervix smashing"

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wtf????

Ni dominant, "I don't care if it's capitalized! Who'd notice such a detail?"
    Fe PoLR, "If it's capitalized, it looks more nice&polite? So what? Who cares?!"
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just capitalise letters as per normal and use what grammatical rules I'm aware of just because I find it easier to read something that's formatted properly (not that I'd have difficulty reading something all in lower case but you know what I mean). That and I'm generally a perfectionist about my own work. AND (there you go, I've just contradicted myself for the sake of emphasis as though I were speaking this) part of my job involves translating physiotherapist's notes into English so those nice people in insurance companies and solicitors can understand why a patient's back is hurting (the car crash usually has something to do with it), so I have to be able to type proper English anyway.
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina View Post

Ni dominant, "I don't care if it's capitalized! Who'd notice such a detail?"
    Fe PoLR, "If it's capitalized, it looks more nice&polite? So what? Who cares?!"
    capitalized letters are "nice and polite" now?

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MMORPG players generally use neither capitalization nor punctuation, ime.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Capitalization is a rule. ILI's tend to disregard outside rules and create own world with rules of their own (that would be one of the derivations of an ego).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Usually I only capitalise online when I want to sound formal.

otherwise, i don't really think not capitalising (online) make things any harder to read

(I also have this weird belief that full stops make sentences sound less friendly, so I try not to end with one, unless I'm trying to sound annoyed)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gugu View Post
    Capitalization is a rule. ILI's tend to disregard outside rules and create own world with rules of their own (that would be one of the derivations of an ego).
    wtf is wrong with you people.

is it just me or is this place dumbing down in the last several weeks?

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's me.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hellothere View Post
    Usually I only capitalise online when I want to sound formal.

otherwise, i don't really think not capitalising (online) make things any harder to read

(I also have this weird belief that full stops make sentences sound less friendly, so I try not to end with one, unless I'm trying to sound annoyed)
    I agree. I share that view. It is not weird. It is true full stops do make an impression of an abrupt ending, which you probably try to avoid it and you want to show your openess in communication.

@niffweed That was just a general/ superficial description of Some people write without capitalization as it is easier to post things up on these forum boards, anyway

Of course, such little thing as capitalization cannot be realted to type by any means!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gugu View Post
    I agree. I share that view. It is not weird. It is true full stops do make an impression of an abrupt ending, which you probably try to avoid it and you want to show your openess in communication.

Of course, such little thing as capitalization cannot be realted to type by any means!
    the purpose of communicate is to transfer information, ideas, and concepts from one person to another. language represents a format very well suited to doing so as a result of its logical organization; it operates on the premise that one sentence and/or clause should strive to make some particular point clear. the idea is that one sentence should logically follow another to such an extent that the reader can extrapolate from the written words a coherent idea.

obviously you have never been educated in this matter; that is nothing to be ashamed of. but now that you do know it, i hope to see you communicate in a manner where individual sentences bear at least vague resemblances to each other in the future.

@niffweed That was just a general/ superficial description of Some people write without capitalization as it is easier to post things up on these forum boards, anyway
    capitalization aside, the description itself was total bullshit that had nothing to do with anything.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iconoclast IX View Post
    ...Is there some correlation between this and Model-A, or does this merely happen to be some odd, coincidental observation?
    Oh dear.
    Last edited by marooned; 01-11-2008 at 12:15 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iconoclast IX View Post
    I have noticed that many INTps (both on this forum and outside of it) have an interesting habit of completely disregarding capitalization rules, most notably, not capitalizing the first letter of a sentence. Not all INTps have this trait (I don't, for instance), yet I have noticed that many do.
    That's very interesting. I've noticed this in niffweed and hitta. Both their names are also in lowercase, which would annoy me forever. It's a disregard for Si I s'pose.

I do it on MSN, because a) it looks cool and b) it's temporary and so doesn't matter. But something long-lasting like this would be a different case.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the purpose of communicate is to transfer information, ideas, and concepts from one person to another. language represents a format very well suited to doing so as a result of its logical organization; it operates on the premise that one sentence and/or clause should strive to make some particular point clear. the idea is that one sentence should logically follow another to such an extent that the reader can extrapolate from the written words a coherent idea.

obviously you have never been educated in this matter; that is nothing to be ashamed of. but now that you do know it, i hope to see you communicate in a manner where individual sentences bear at least vague resemblances to each other in the future.

capitalization aside, the description itself was total bullshit that had nothing to do with anything.
    You're missing the point, niff. I was replying to hellothere. I think he is such a nice person he does try to express nice feelings to those around him. Some people are preoccupied to communicate also sentiments, not only information, you know.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i couldn't agree more. F*** !!!!!!!!!!!!
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp