Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Regarding INTps:

  1. #1

    Default Regarding INTps:

    I have noticed that many INTps (both on this forum and outside of it) have an interesting habit of completely disregarding capitalization rules, most notably, not capitalizing the first letter of a sentence. Not all INTps have this trait (I don't, for instance), yet I have noticed that many do.

    Is there some correlation between this and Model-A, or does this merely happen to be some odd, coincidental observation?
    Classical socionics: (), ILI-Ni
    Dual-type theory: INTp-ENTp

    5w6 sp/sx
    MBTI: INTJ

  2. #2
    Your DNA is mine. Mediator Kam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    4,481
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    it's their PoLR combined with in their ego.

    Also, two I's in their socionics type make sure that no sentence is capitalized.
    D-SEI 9w1

    This is me and my dual being scientific together

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    this is utterly insignificant.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kamangir View Post
    it's their PoLR combined with in their ego.
    wtf????

  4. #4
    The Troll Slayer Hitta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In your mom's uterus
    Posts
    4,009
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17 View Post
    this is utterly insignificant.



    wtf????
    yea this is pretty much the first thing that niffweed has said that I agree with....... WTF?? lol
    Model X Will Save Us!

    *randomwarelinkremoved

    jessica129:scrotums r hot

    :" hitting cap makes me envision cervix smashing"

  5. #5
    Kristiina's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Estonia, Tartu
    Posts
    4,021
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17 View Post
    this is utterly insignificant.

    wtf????


    Ni dominant, "I don't care if it's capitalized! Who'd notice such a detail?"
    Fe PoLR, "If it's capitalized, it looks more nice&polite? So what? Who cares?!"
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

    Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

    Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

  6. #6
    BLauritson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bristol, England
    Posts
    979
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I just capitalise letters as per normal and use what grammatical rules I'm aware of just because I find it easier to read something that's formatted properly (not that I'd have difficulty reading something all in lower case but you know what I mean). That and I'm generally a perfectionist about my own work. AND (there you go, I've just contradicted myself for the sake of emphasis as though I were speaking this) part of my job involves translating physiotherapist's notes into English so those nice people in insurance companies and solicitors can understand why a patient's back is hurting (the car crash usually has something to do with it), so I have to be able to type proper English anyway.
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

    "IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

    Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina View Post


    Ni dominant, "I don't care if it's capitalized! Who'd notice such a detail?"
    Fe PoLR, "If it's capitalized, it looks more nice&polite? So what? Who cares?!"
    capitalized letters are "nice and polite" now?

  8. #8
    Snomunegot munenori2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Posts
    7,739
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    MMORPG players generally use neither capitalization nor punctuation, ime.
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

  9. #9
    mimisor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    821
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Capitalization is a rule. ILI's tend to disregard outside rules and create own world with rules of their own (that would be one of the derivations of an ego).

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,687
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Usually I only capitalise online when I want to sound formal.

    otherwise, i don't really think not capitalising (online) make things any harder to read

    (I also have this weird belief that full stops make sentences sound less friendly, so I try not to end with one, unless I'm trying to sound annoyed)

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gugu View Post
    Capitalization is a rule. ILI's tend to disregard outside rules and create own world with rules of their own (that would be one of the derivations of an ego).
    wtf is wrong with you people.


    is it just me or is this place dumbing down in the last several weeks?

  12. #12
    Your DNA is mine. Mediator Kam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    TIM
    SEI
    Posts
    4,481
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    it's me.
    D-SEI 9w1

    This is me and my dual being scientific together

  13. #13
    mimisor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    821
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hellothere View Post
    Usually I only capitalise online when I want to sound formal.

    otherwise, i don't really think not capitalising (online) make things any harder to read

    (I also have this weird belief that full stops make sentences sound less friendly, so I try not to end with one, unless I'm trying to sound annoyed)
    I agree. I share that view. It is not weird. It is true full stops do make an impression of an abrupt ending, which you probably try to avoid it and you want to show your openess in communication.



    @niffweed That was just a general/ superficial description of Some people write without capitalization as it is easier to post things up on these forum boards, anyway

    Of course, such little thing as capitalization cannot be realted to type by any means!

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,578
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gugu View Post
    I agree. I share that view. It is not weird. It is true full stops do make an impression of an abrupt ending, which you probably try to avoid it and you want to show your openess in communication.

    Of course, such little thing as capitalization cannot be realted to type by any means!
    the purpose of communicate is to transfer information, ideas, and concepts from one person to another. language represents a format very well suited to doing so as a result of its logical organization; it operates on the premise that one sentence and/or clause should strive to make some particular point clear. the idea is that one sentence should logically follow another to such an extent that the reader can extrapolate from the written words a coherent idea.

    obviously you have never been educated in this matter; that is nothing to be ashamed of. but now that you do know it, i hope to see you communicate in a manner where individual sentences bear at least vague resemblances to each other in the future.

    @niffweed That was just a general/ superficial description of Some people write without capitalization as it is easier to post things up on these forum boards, anyway
    capitalization aside, the description itself was total bullshit that had nothing to do with anything.

  15. #15
    The Iniquitous inumbra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    TIM
    954
    Posts
    5,989
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iconoclast IX View Post
    ...Is there some correlation between this and Model-A, or does this merely happen to be some odd, coincidental observation?
    Oh dear.
    Last edited by inumbra; 01-11-2008 at 01:15 AM.

  16. #16

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,687
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    ok.

  17. #17
    ...been here longer than the fucking monarchy Ezra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UK
    TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Posts
    9,167
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iconoclast IX View Post
    I have noticed that many INTps (both on this forum and outside of it) have an interesting habit of completely disregarding capitalization rules, most notably, not capitalizing the first letter of a sentence. Not all INTps have this trait (I don't, for instance), yet I have noticed that many do.
    That's very interesting. I've noticed this in niffweed and hitta. Both their names are also in lowercase, which would annoy me forever. It's a disregard for Si I s'pose.

    I do it on MSN, because a) it looks cool and b) it's temporary and so doesn't matter. But something long-lasting like this would be a different case.
    Ideas don't determine who's right. Power determines who's right. And I have the power. So I'm right.

  18. #18
    mimisor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    821
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17 View Post
    the purpose of communicate is to transfer information, ideas, and concepts from one person to another. language represents a format very well suited to doing so as a result of its logical organization; it operates on the premise that one sentence and/or clause should strive to make some particular point clear. the idea is that one sentence should logically follow another to such an extent that the reader can extrapolate from the written words a coherent idea.

    obviously you have never been educated in this matter; that is nothing to be ashamed of. but now that you do know it, i hope to see you communicate in a manner where individual sentences bear at least vague resemblances to each other in the future.



    capitalization aside, the description itself was total bullshit that had nothing to do with anything.
    You're missing the point, niff. I was replying to hellothere. I think he is such a nice person he does try to express nice feelings to those around him. Some people are preoccupied to communicate also sentiments, not only information, you know.

  19. #19
    liveandletlive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    1,290
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17 View Post
    the purpose of communicate is to transfer information, ideas, and concepts from one person to another. language represents a format very well suited to doing so as a result of its logical organization; it operates on the premise that one sentence and/or clause should strive to make some particular point clear. the idea is that one sentence should logically follow another to such an extent that the reader can extrapolate from the written words a coherent idea.

    obviously you have never been educated in this matter; that is nothing to be ashamed of. but now that you do know it, i hope to see you communicate in a manner where individual sentences bear at least vague resemblances to each other in the future.



    capitalization aside, the description itself was total bullshit that had nothing to do with anything.
    i couldn't agree more. F*** !!!!!!!!!!!!
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •