Thread: If you're genuinely stuck

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default If you're genuinely stuck

This is a serious suggestion, no fucking around:

Talk to Herzy, Slacker Mom and Minde. They're all certain of their types, and there is no controversy. Everyone agrees on the types they think they are. Talk about your values and beliefs etc. and see how you match up.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is good advice.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    This is a serious suggestion, no fucking around:

Talk to Herzy, Slacker Mom and Minde. They're all certain of their types, and there is no controversy. Everyone agrees on the types they think they are. Talk about your values and beliefs etc. and see how you match up.
    So, how do you match up?

By the way, in case you haven't quite got to reading it yet, I just got told that I was acting a bit like an ISTj. And another said I often sound like an ISFj. Not that anybody was really questioning my type, but...
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That might be of some use to Betas and Deltas. Particularly to Beta STs and Delta NFs. But I don't know how helpful it would be to everyone.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No matter how certain people are of their types and other's types, there's always going to be those that critique every word another says and try to shape that into an argument for a different type. It's just how this place works. Figuring out which arguments to actually listen to is the hard part it seems.

When i saw the post or two that mentioned Minde's type I actually chuckled a bit and thought, wow... everyone's type is questioned in every post it seems...

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty damn certain of my type, so if anyone got an idea that they might be SEI, we'll see if we match up.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamangir View Post
    I'm pretty damn certain of my type, so if anyone got an idea that they might be SEI, we'll see if we match up.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

..(....)...
    D-SEI 9w1

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'll just say it; you may not be any dumber than the masses around here, but you are certainly more vocal in proclaiming your ignorance.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for noticing.

When I say stupid stuff, I know you're going to say something, so we can have these discussions. I learn from you man. *thumbs up*
    D-SEI 9w1

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    So, how do you match up?
    Shit... err, err. I don't... know? Haven't discussed values and stuff? Err.

Seriously, I don't know. I might do it sometime. Have a really long conversation with Herzy. I see Herzy as less attentive and more fun-loving than me, as well as more emotionally expressive, but this could just be a combination of her being a 7w8 and a girl.

By the way, in case you haven't quite got to reading it yet, I just got told that I was acting a bit like an ISTj.
    Yes! My mirror!

Who told you that?

And another said I often sound like an ISFj.
    I could imagine it, but why did they see Se over Ne?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm also pretty damn clearly typed. Only Ashton thinks I'm ISTj, but everyone else typed me ENFj.

Ezra.... please remove the LIE from your signature. It makes me flinch each time I see it. And that's the good reaction. Maybe next time I'll say, "aahhh... Ezra as an ENTj. Yeah, I can see that. Ok, that's what I'll assume from now on." But but... it is a joke, right? RIGHT?! Because you're not seriously considering it, right?!
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

help a buddy out slacker mom, what type am i?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiVanguard View Post
    you know what I'd say.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha, hey we're buddies remember; no hate!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha, hey we're buddies remember; no hate!
    lol. true. No hate.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no reason to believe you aren't ISTp. At least I haven't seen anything that makes me doubt that at this point. Are you doubting it?
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom View Post
    I have no reason to believe you aren't ISTp. At least I haven't seen anything that makes me doubt that at this point. Are you doubting it?
    dunno....he could be SEI, too?

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah it really is one of those two, but I think SLI fits the best =]. First few tests I took came out as SEI.
    I'm not doubting it, I was just dicking around seeing as how I haven't seen you post anything in a bit hehe

And if someone else thinks otherwise, then speak up

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine Lively View Post
    dunno....he could be SEI, too?
    Yeah, fair enough. It seems like he's probably caretaking, and he doesn't seem like an Ej type. But he comes across as being very warm, doesn't he? ISTps aren't particularly warm. It's hard to tell online though. It's hard to get tone from the written word sometimes. Edited to add that ISTps aren't warm but sometimes feel warm to me probably just because of the whole duality thing so that makes them harder to tell apart for me maybe.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah it really is one of those two, but I think SLI fits the best =]. First few tests I took came out as SEI.
    I'm not doubting it, I was just dicking around seeing as how I haven't seen you post anything in a bit hehe

And if someone else thinks otherwise, then speak up
    Well how you feel about Fe should clear it up, I'd think.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey hk, no worries. I sometimes feel like I can come across as very very boring if I listened to my natural habit of not talking at all, so I try to talk about any old thing as practice. Oh, and my parents forced me to play with kids outside so I kind of had to learn to be warm and caring. If you talked to me at 8, you'd know that I pulled on girls' hair and hated rainy days cuz that meant no kickball

And instead of me fetching some definition of Fe, can you give me your definition of Fe SM?

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fe is about changing the atmosphere or mood. Like making things warm and welcoming, or appropriately somber if at a funeral, or whatever mood seems right. Also, people with strong Fe seem to like to express their romantic feelings outwardly. I don't think people with Fe PoLR are much for romantic displays. At least my husband isn't. I'm not actually sure if he's ever actually used the words "I love you" to me. He might have but if he has it hasn't happened very often. As I don't value Fe, this doesn't bother me in the slightest, but it is a definite trait of his. If I tell him I love him, he usually just says "I know" or "uh huh" or something.

Fe is not all positive, just like any information elements, but I generally like it well enough and like people with strong Fe so I have a positive opinion of it. But another side might be that if they think someone isn't contributing to, or is negatively affecting, the mood or environment, they could take some kind of action to try to change that. Maybe cheering someone up, but also maybe trying to make someone behave appropriately or otherwise saving the group's atmosphere like by calling them out or distancing the group from them.

An Fe-dominant person might have a better description though.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fe is about changing the atmosphere or mood. Like making things warm and welcoming, or appropriately somber if at a funeral, or whatever mood seems right. Also, people with strong Fe seem to like to express their romantic feelings outwardly. I don't think people with Fe PoLR are much for romantic displays. At least my husband isn't. I'm not actually sure if he's ever actually used the words "I love you" to me. He might have but if he has it hasn't happened very often. As I don't value Fe, this doesn't bother me in the slightest, but it is a definite trait of his. If I tell him I love him, he usually just says "I know" or "uh huh" or something.

Fe is not all positive, just like any information elements, but I generally like it well enough and like people with strong Fe so I have a positive opinion of it. But another side might be that if they think someone isn't contributing to, or is negatively affecting, the mood or environment, they could take some kind of action to try to change that. Maybe cheering someone up, but also maybe trying to make someone behave appropriately or otherwise saving the group's atmosphere like by calling them out or distancing the group from them.

Yeah, the only time I've ever said I love you was to my ex, and that was only because she started wigging out when I said "you too" haha. After awhile I felt like the more I said it the cheaper it felt.

I don't know, if I'm around my friends I'd generally try to cheer them up but I don't remember ever doing it by focusing on any sort of feelings. I tend to try and tell them how it'll be ok in the future n such. And just reading the "expressing your romantic feelings outwardly" makes me want to crawl into a shell. No way, nuh uh. I don't think i've ever actually told a girl, ever that I liked her. They usually corner me or I just make a move on them. Long lasting relationships tend to come from the former ha.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this description is good. I would like to add that Fe isn't only about showing romantic emotions. Fe is about valuing showing emotions. period. And also it's about showing the right kind of emotions. Sometimes Fe types hide negative emotions to keep the group in a positive mood. I generally make stupid exaggerated jokes about my negative mood so that people could turn those into something I could laugh at. The Fi types all behave differently here. But the general rule is, that Fe types consider the group mood. Probably. Usually.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is in fact excellent Slacker mom and Kristiina
    INFp

If your sea chart does not match reality, go with reality (Old mariner saying)

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde
    By the way, in case you haven't quite got to reading it yet, I just got told that I was acting a bit like an ISTj.
    Yes! My mirror!

Who told you that?

Quote Originally Posted by Minde
    And another said I often sound like an ISFj.
    I could imagine it, but why did they see Se over Ne?
    Here's the thread.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    I really like the writing of self-typed ISTp's here for some reason and even some that are not so sure.
    I love them. They like good music (Winterpark) are witty and laconic (force my hand) and add some seemingly contradictive warmth (LokiVanguard) to the forum.

And I've just realised, after reading more of the posts in the forum, that LokiVanguard could easily be an SEI.

Minde, is your avatar a picture of you?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post
    Here's the thread.
    Those are ridiculous suggestions. Ignore them.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love them. They like good music (Winterpark) are witty and laconic (force my hand) and add some seemingly contradictive warmth (LokiVanguard) to the forum.

And I've just realised, after reading more of the posts in the forum, that LokiVanguard could easily be an SEI.

Minde, is your avatar a picture of you?
    contradictive warmth? What do you mean? I just don't act as cold as I want to because... well, it sucks for other people

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I meant was that normally you'd expect warmth from a Fe apt person, but if you were an SLI, you'd have Fe PoLR. This is why many of them look cold and distant.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see... well maybe growing up with a family of nothing but big Feeler girls (cousins and aunts) might've helped me along with that.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I'd be comfortable until they started to talk about how fat they thought they were (they werent) and how it sucks to live where we lived (we lived in a poor area)... So while I was comfortable talking wise, doing wise I liked playing baseball, exploring the park, or playing videogames with anyone who wanted to join me.

And I've never felt like I really belong anywhere

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure go right ahead.

Also, just to throw this in there, my ex and I got along ok (She was ESFj) until she started getting super dramatical about everything. I really abhored that.