Thread: Natural Selection

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Natural Selection

NATURAL SELECTION Is that inexplicable process that is paving the way for mankind. Part of that process is ridding the mind of man the friction of that process. That friction is FEAR. For that process of natural selection to end man must know the truth. Fear is that false ear we listened with influence by the wisdom that existed prior to man’s being that has tainted the wisdom of his knowledge as he efforts to understand his reason for being. Hear this and hear it well. Without this truth man will surely know what it is to be a HUMAN ANIMAL. It is the malignancy of that knowledge that has plague the existence of man. The truth will cure those cancers allowing man realize that grandeur of his existence. The greatest malignancy that has caused the greatest fear is within the covers of that tome you hold in highest regard, the bible.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh great, another pseudo-intellectual pretending to know what they are talking about in their own blind ignorance! Hoorah! Please just do us all a favor and bury your head in the mount from which you are preaching.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Indeed it is true. I have a penis.

This message brought to you by the letter P.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by william conly View Post
    NATURAL SELECTION Is that inexplicable process that is paving the way for mankind. Part of that process is ridding the mind of man the friction of that process. That friction is FEAR. For that process of natural selection to end man must know the truth. Fear is that false ear we listened with influence by the wisdom that existed prior to man’s being that has tainted the wisdom of his knowledge as he efforts to understand his reason for being. Hear this and hear it well. Without this truth man will surely know what it is to be a HUMAN ANIMAL. It is the malignancy of that knowledge that has plague the existence of man. The truth will cure those cancers allowing man realize that grandeur of his existence. The greatest malignancy that has caused the greatest fear is within the covers of that tome you hold in highest regard, the bible.
    *sigh* why do people even bother...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mea View Post
    *sigh* why do people even bother...
    Ego inflation?
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol wtf is this?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The greatest malignancy that has caused the greatest fear is within the covers of that tome you hold in highest regard, the bible.
    While I do agree wholeheartedly, I am wondering why you think none of us think or believe the same as you? I find that a bit condesending, especially since you can't help but notice the seriously high level of intelligence of the fine young people here. I don't fit in, but I sure learn a lot.

And, yes, what is the purpose of your post? You are a bit too evangelical for my taste, even though I understand and agree with most all of what you have posted on this forum. But then I am an old dog myself.

And on a personal note... in the words of John Lamb Lash...

"Tolerance for beliefs is one thing, tolerance for the social enactment of beliefs is another."

That is my major malfunction with revealed relgion. The other stuff I just ignore, being Pagan and all. *shrug*
    We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
    ~ Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't hold the Bible in the highest regard, so I guess this doesn't apply to me. You could have said that in your first sentence, though, so I wouldn't have had to read it all.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by force my hand View Post
    I don't hold the Bible in the highest regard, so I guess this doesn't apply to me. You could have said that in your first sentence, though, so I wouldn't have had to read it all.
    so is he pro-bible or anti?

That sentence could go both ways imo.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamangir View Post
    so is he pro-bible or anti?

That sentence could go both ways imo.
    I don't know - that's a good question.

He's probably one of those amorphous Christians, but that's just a guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Black Molly
    Reachng those whom my post are intended brings out the rhetoric of those intellectuals who are nothing more that innocent viciims of the malignancy of knowledge. Intellect is all they have as they effort to make sense in a very chaotic world. The nature of their language illustrates that very frustration. Honestly, it doesn't bother me, it is expected. There is a lot of truth to religion and to that degree what I say relates to it, it is automatically filed into that folder of religious crap and is dimissed by those agnostics who need proof fo everything.
    William

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Loki
    Reproduction in the animal, is carnal. They have no choice. It is imbedded in that wisdom that maintains procreation. That carnal procreation is one of the last vestiges of that process and the reason why there are so many people in the world and the reason we have so many children who are just souvenirs of a sexual romp. As that process comes to completion, however long it takes, we will break away from those preditory and carnal desires that are causing such problems as we equate resources with population. There absolutely nothing wrong with procreation, it is the carnality of it we must get beyond.
    William

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ban? =S

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Why are you describing an inexplicable process?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kamangir
    Truth is scattered through out all of our history. In all that history are those inaccuracies based on our interpretations of our perceived truths. To adhere to any one as all truth is folly. Admittedly there are truths in the Bible and by the same token there are some stupendous un-truths. Such as the notion of equating to God as being wrathful and jealous and vengeful. Those traits belong to man, totally.
    William

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Kamangir
    Truth is scattered through out all of our history. In all that history are those inaccuracies based on our interpretations of our perceived truths. To adhere to any one as all truth is folly. Admittedly there are truths in the Bible and by the same token there are some stupendous un-truths. Such as the notion of equating to God as being wrathful and jealous and vengeful. Those traits belong to man, totally.
    William
    Do you believe in the god that sent two bears to kill 42 children for making fun out of Elisha's lack of hair? Or maybe it was misreported? Or a different god etc.?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Subterranean
    I am not describing or explaining it. No one can do that. All is know is observing the predatory and carnal behavior in man that gives it merit. You are more that welcome to despute it. I welcome it. Just consider it. In all my post my only desire is to inspire thought. There was a wisdom that existed prior to man's existence. If you know of any reason to dispute it as being carnal, please be my guest.
    William

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean View Post
    Do you believe in the god that sent two bears to kill 42 children for making fun out of Elisha's lack of hair? Or maybe it was misreported? Or a different god etc.?
    Those are actually fairly bad questions to ask, and I say that as an agnostic.
    Johari Box

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

William Conly seems to think that the Bible is the tome we hold in the highest regard, so I was wondering if he was referring to himself too?

Subterranean
    I am not describing or explaining it. No one can do that. All is know is observing the predatory and carnal behavior in man that gives it merit. You are more that welcome to despute it. I welcome it. Just consider it. In all my post my only desire is to inspire thought. There was a wisdom that existed prior to man's existence. If you know of any reason to dispute it as being carnal, please be my guest.
    William
    Are vegetarians predatory and carnal? I suppose it is possible to argue this.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean View Post
    William Conly seems to think that the Bible is the tome we hold in the highest regard, so I was wondering if he was referring to himself too?
    Okay, I can deal with that.
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Subterranean
    I guess that depends if you find your nutrition by getting down on all fours munching your front yard. Sorry for the levity, couldn't resist it. Whether you are vegetarian or a meat eater. I understand where you are going with this as it applies to savageness of eating meat as is thought by some. As we view the predatory behavior of man against man, it is understandable why we would acquire a devotion to the animal. That in and of it self is a desperate attempt to love something. I think the right to human life carries a little more precedent. It is a tragedy we show more love to animals than we to man. At any rate, we will arrive at that nutrition when our taste buds calm down. Frankly mine are on the wrong side of my tongue. For the life of me I cannot figure out why the chicken, pig, or beef exist other than for our consumption.
    William

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

You think that natural selection will end when 'man' knows the truth, but surely it could end more readily through mass-suicide?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To subterranean
    I have no idea of what you are talking about concerning the bears.
    William

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Loki,

To any degree we relate our existence to that of animal, we really screw up. You will have me convinced when I observe an ape driving an automobile.
    William

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

To subterranean
    I have no idea of what you are talking about concerning the bears.
    William
    2 Kings 2:23-24
    23 Then he went up from there to Bethel; and as he was going up the road, some youths came from the city and mocked him, and said to him, “Go up, you baldhead! Go up, you baldhead!”
    24 So he turned around and looked at them, and pronounced a curse on them in the name of the LORD. And two female bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the youths.

Loki,

To any degree we relate our existence to that of animal, we really screw up. You will have me convinced when I observe an ape driving an automobile.
    William
    I can't drive a car . Can you do sign language?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why is this spam on Alpha subforum anyway?
    Johari Box

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Logos View Post
    Why is this spam on Alpha subforum anyway?
    punishment from God?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I feel very deeply about this.
    Understood and agreed.

Wlliam wants apes in cars when all he needs are humans in bars.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOKI,
    There is no way you will ever be able to here the truth unless you believe in your immortality. I fully understand why you cling to it in that you have no clue as what “not to be” is all about. The killing of our unborn is by far the most savage atrocity ever committed by mankind in an effort to extend an existence that has no end. The ruse of it being a woman’s “RIGHT” to kill her unborn is beyond savage. The truth of which is an elaborate ploy to obtain more fetal brain tissue in our quest to seek those answers that would cure the diseases of the aged. To kill our unborn in a effort to allow the aged among us to live longer. God Damn It! To live with this guilt you have to create in your mind that rationalization that will separate you from that guilt as you quickly and readily excuse it to that “animal in you”. What a crock. Animals aren’t that savage, even the ape of which you feel such a bond. We warehouse the children we do have in daycare centers as both, the Mother and the Father have to burn the candle at both ends to “earn a living”. One thing about abortions, it gives us absolute permission to continue to be savage and hump like crazy. You may call this civilized, but I just cannot agree with you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although I am no fan of intelligent design or of organised religion in general, what you are saying is just plain stupid. Natural selection is not some kind of panacea for all our ills. It's just an obvious consequence of cause and effect - people with positive traits are going to survive better than people with poor traits, and so it is those traits that will persist. And furthermore natural selection will occur whether we acknowledge it or not.
    LII

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But we are apes. And we are animals. It's just what we are. Granted, we're interesting apes, and we've been doing some cool stuff (and some lame stuff)...

The evolution of our cultures, civilizations, languages, etc. makes us appear special... but if you take all that away, a human being will/may just behave like a highly intelligent (savage) animal. It's what we are. We just adapt to what we're put into.

But we're capable of a lot more than that. The point I was trying to make is if you tried to purge the "animal-like" qualities inherent with in us, it would destroy everything we are; the good and the bad, the sophisticated and the primitive, the angel and the savage, even the capacity for love.

I feel very deeply about this.
    Truer words have rarely been spoken.
    LII

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: William

I'm just saying that I think the stance that humanity represents some sort of purity above and beyond the animal kingdom is a sort of idea that makes me uncomfortable.
    Although humans are very much an animal, they are unique in having a brain which is capable of higher, some would indeed say purer functions, that not even our closest primates are capable of. The neurons in our brain are wired differently to them.

Obviously we do not always use our 'higher thinking', in the same way we do not always act upon our animal instincts. But they are there for the taking, and they can be cultivated. For example some buddhist monks have by many accounts permanently transcended some of our base animal tendencies - their disposition is of a happiness, compassion and non-materialism that we are only transiently capable of. Experiments have shown that in some ways their brain activates differently to the average human
    LII

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Loki,
    It is meant to inspire thought, that'a all. In that degree people take it personal is their own defense mechanism and I fully understand that and I have broad shoulders and can take the abuse. It is better to just leave it along if it brings out antagonistism. There is no need to apoligize, I was a little over zealous. For that I apoligize.
    William

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Akeaneau
    Please forgive me for not agreeing with you. Yes, we do have physiological similarities, we are not animals, we are “human beings” evolving to EARTHLINGS. We are eons from that, but that is our destination. It is our assumption we are a part of the “animal kingdom” in the respect we deem them our “closest relative” because of those physiological similarities, when in fact we have nothing in common. In the degree we adhere to a commonality is that rationalization that forgives us for behavior that can only be defined as “animal”. As I have alluded, as we evolve from that commonality is that genius of NATURAL SELECTION that will free us from that wisdom that was the order of things prior to our debut.

Your example of the Buddhist is right on the money. They have to sequester themselves from the world simply because in the “real” world it is unsafe, both mentally and physically, to belie any philosophy, such as that which drives capitalism, if it in anyway usurps that power that controls it. Such as the illusion of “objective value” as we are duped into thinking true happiness lies in the possession of that “stuff” that ends un in a storage unit anyway.
    William

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

NATURAL SELECTION is hardly a genius...a blind watchmaker could do better .